Prompt 2: Winter

15 PROMPT CHALLENGE!

 

Prompt 2: Winter.

 

They say season’s change within a blink of an eye and at this very moment, Lay couldn’t help but to agree. His mom told him to buy his winter clothing during the early autumn yet cause of his adorable whining and procrastination, he delayed it all the way to the early winter. Now as he finally realized that he has no fitting clothing for winter, he took all his savings for video games to the closest mall for parkas and long johns. And of course he’ll pull his dear friend along.

 

“Lay, I won’t blame you if it was because of your poor memory but, dude come on, aren’t you a tinsy wincy late for winter shopping?” Jongdae asked with sarcasm literally spilling out of his voice.

 

“Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want. Worst of all, I need to use my own cash this time and I had been saving it for the newest game.” Lay grumbled while trying to focus driving on the street.

 

Sure for new games, you’re going to buy a new o video is what you’re trying to say aren’t you? I understand you too well, Lay my dear friend.” He answered with a snicker.

 

He hated driving during winter and to make things worse, Jongdae kept distracting him on the phone with a bunch of jokes that only he could understand. He sighed and ended the call while trying to remember the way to his house. Why do all of his friends have to live at least 20 minutes away from his house, it’s as though as they’re trying to troll him even harder than Jongdae.

 

As Lay reached his house to pick him up, he received a pleasant, no, wonderful surprise to see another taller dude standing beside him. He looked cool, or to be more specific, a ing model with tied up blonde hair and a long military coat hanging loose on his shoulder. He was smoking but that; he’d tap that guy anytime. And that just showed how Lay turned gay within a record of two seconds. Both of them got in the car with Jongdae sitting beside him and the tall dude at the back.

 

“And this guy is?” Lay slowly asked while starting to move out of the parking spot.

 

“The name’s Kris. Jongdae asked me to come cause he said you had a horrible taste in fashion and he doesn’t want you to embarrass yourself in public like the past few years.” Kris simply answered while throwing the leftover cigarette out of the window.

 

Now Lay was contemplating whether he should murder Jongdae or not since he brought such a hot dude with him and embarrassing Lay even before he introduced himself. He gave Jongdae a small glare before smiling sweetly at Kris, not wanting to ruin his already dead image.

 

After the ten minutes ride filled with a dash of awkwardness and more jokes by Professor Kim Jongdae, they finally reached the mall. Lay parked right at end of the sidewalk making them needing to walk all the way into the mall. The two dudes with winter clothing of course didn’t mind walking but Lay was only wearing a jacket with skinny jeans and he was probably freezing the out of himself already.

 

Kris realizes of course, but being the sassy he has always been, he gave him a quick glance before continuing to walk towards the mall. Jongdae instead was too busy laughing over how smart and cool he was and if Lay wasn’t half frozen then, he would have slapped the hell out of Jongdae already.

 

Lay soon started to trail behind them as the wind blew right at his face for the nth time. He closed his eyes and tried to fight the wind but his tiny frame was just not used to such a strong opponent, you can say. As he stared into the far distance of his two friends walking further and further away, he though that he was going to die already.

 

Guys…guys…please…I…can’t, Lay thought while almost falling on the ground. Maybe it was the end for him, he guessed. But when he blinked for the next time, he saw a dark green coat appear right in front of his face. Apparently Kris finally decided to help the poor young boy by giving him his coat.

 

“But aren’t you cold?” Lay asked while accepting his overly large coat.

 

“It’s okay. I’ve got an extra coat under the coat I was wearing just now.” He pointed to the black button up coat.

 

“And why on earth are you wearing two coats at the same time.” Lay mumbled while thinking why didn’t he give it to him earlier.

 

“It’s what we call fashion. You wouldn’t understand anyway.” He replied while stuffing another cigarette in his mouth.

 

Lay now wondered whether he should also kill Kris. But he should do that after he gives him his coat back. Well at least, he had the courtesy to give him his coat.

 

--

 

“Okay I’m ditching you guys here and I’ll be at the CD shop. And no do not go find me cause I’ll be busy with some special errands.” Jongdae instructed with a hint of excitement at the end.

 

We all know too well what he meant by “special errands”, new o videos.

 

Lay gave him a scared look as Jongdae smiled before dashing off to the nearby CD shop. So he’s saying that he’s stuck with the hot sassy giant until he’s back? Will he even be alive by then with Lay needing to dodge the deadly comebacks Kris says every minute. Lay tilted his head up and whimpered as Kris looked down with his y stare. It’s going to be a long day.

 

 They entered the first department store and Kris didn’t even glance through the clothes before leaving the store with Lay blindly following him. Apparently the clothes inside were so last season and for a fashionista like him, that is too unacceptable. They then went into the next one and when Kris saw the shirt with a vest on the outside, he stared in disgust before walking out again. Their clothes were too mainstream for him to accept. And Lay, as usual, just blindly followed. He didn't mind but why is caring so much anyway? It's not like he's wearing it, it's the overly girly Lay that's wearing it.

 

Soon, Lay started to trail behind again but somehow every time he stopped, Kris will also stop. He'll stand in front of him until Lay starts walking again before he continues to walk in big steps (cause he has ing long legs, Lay wanted me to add here). Even so, they sometimes stopped for a cup of drink, probably Kris finally understood how hard it was for the shorter boy to catch up but he found it cute for him to not complain at all.

 

"Americano~" Lay took his drink from the counter while humming to 10cm's Americano.

 

Kris sat there silently when Lay came back while drinking his drink. Lay wondered whether he'll like a drink but fearing of his snappy answer, he chose to keep quiet. Kris saw him contemplating about asking him something but ending up keeping to himself. Was he that creepy? He's already in his best facial expression, neutral, yet he still didn't ask. He's going to have a hard time making the shorter one talk to him. They soon left the coffee shop and continued their adventure.

 

“Kris, I don’t mean to bother you but can we just buy a coat now? I do not need anything fancy, just a coat will do.” Lay finally asked, as his tired legs couldn’t continue anymore.

 

They were at their 30th shop already and Kris still hasn’t found a perfect coat for Lay. He snapped back and looked at Lay giving him the iest stare yet (and scaring the out of Lay) before tugging him to corner shop. The corner shop was filled with coat of all sizes and colors, reminding Lay of the costume shop that sold his favorite character’s outfit. Kris swiftly scanned through the rack before pulling out a dark blue coat with golden zippers and buttons.

 

“Me? Wearing that? You’ve gotta be kidding me. I’m not fit to where such fancy clo-“

 

“Try. It. Or else I’ll strip you right it the middle of the shop.”

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll try. No need to threaten me.” Lay grumbled as he took the coat in his hand before trying it in front of the mirror.

 

Well damn he looked good in that coat. The cutting fitted perfectly with his slim waist and the sleeves were at right length. Lay was amazed at how handsome he looked as he saw Kris smiling at the back. He slowly turned around before seeing him frown again.

 

“Why aren’t you smiling anymore?”

 

“Why would I?”

 

“Cause you were smiling just now.”

 

“Well I find no reason to smile anymore.”

 

“Fine, and I won’t buy this coat either.”

 

“No. That is not an excuse to not buy it.”

 

“You aren’t smiling which means you hate it so I might as well not buy it.”

 

“Dude, I stopped smiling because you looked too beautiful in it okay. Now will you just ing buy the coat.” He mumbled while staring at him.

 

Looks like someone had hit the jackpot.

 

“I looked beautiful? Like seriously? Are you not straight?” Lay questioned him with a big grin.

 

“There’s no point in being straight if there isn’t a woman good enough for me but today I guess I found another reason to be gay. Lay, can we hang out sometimes?”

 

Dude we’ve known each other for like four hours are you ing serious.” Lay looked at him in disbelieve.

 

Kris shrugged with a “why not” face and Lay could have flown off into heaven now. He quickly paid for the coat, which was horribly expensive, but who cares, he got a giant sassy lover now. 

 

“So wanna go to my place?” Kris offered.

 

“Sure but what about Jongdae?”

 

“Leave that dude alone, he’ll find a way home.”

 

“If you say so.” Lay agreed before walking back to the car with him.

 

--

 

Lay you can say you to the idiom where they say if you don’t listen to your parents, you’ll regret it as soon as possible cause damn, you’ve got yourself a giant.

 

A/N: ...did I curse too much well whoops my bad heuhahuehuheahuhe

main pic:cant-wait-for-christmas