Prompt 1: Chocolate

15 PROMPT CHALLENGE!

 

Prompt 1: Chocolate.

 

“Mommy! Mommy! I need chocolates!” Lay ran in as fast as his short legs could.

 

Our six years old Lay has just came back from kindergarten and he hasn’t even placed his bag in his room before barging into the kitchen. His mother was in the kitchen preparing lunch for the family until her son started pulling her apron causing her disturbance. There was never a day her son would rush in just for food, especially chocolates since he disliked them. Did they starve him in school or something?

 

“Sweetie, why do you need chocolates so desperately?” She squatted down to his height as he stared right back at her.

 

“Valentines day is tomorrow. The teacher told us to give chocolates to whomever we like. I want to decorate my chocolate before giving him!” He said while fumbling over a few of his words cause who can blame him? It’s his first valentines day. He should be excited.

 

“Lay, it’s not him but her. You’re six now, you should know the difference. Anyways. I’m a bit busy now so we’ll do it later okay?” She corrected him. Why would he give a boy chocolates anyway, he’s not gay.

 

“B-but I want to give it to a-“ Lay tried to object but ended up getting shoo-ed by him mom out of the kitchen so that she could cook.

 

Lay slowly walked up the stairs to his room; still wondering why did his mom corrected him. Was he wrong? The boy wore the same outfit as he did and he also had a husky voice, so did his mom got it wrong instead? He stopped and thought for a moment before deciding that it wasn’t him that’s wrong. He was sure that the boy was not a girl and he will still give to him tomorrow.

 

Lay quickly finished his homework (writing letters A and B for two rows and addition) in his room before going downstairs for lunch. His mother prepared fried rice with half a piece of ham in the middle for him and his dad, their favorite. Both of them quickly inhaled it while praising her culinary skills (as usual) as she stood at the side feeling satisfied.  Lay somehow kept staring at his mom when he was eating, probably wanting to start on his gift as quick as possible.

 

After Lay was done, he tugged his mother back to the kitchen so he could start on the chocolates for tomorrow. His mom just obliged looking how excited her son is for the celebration, even though they never really have activities for valentines before. She went to the fridge and took out a pack of chocolates before melting it in the pan she was heating before. Lay instead of helping his mother with it, climbed up the counter that was beside the stove and stared how the solid cubes slowly melt in a gooey brown paste. He found it fascinating how things change so fast and before he knew it, he was already helping his mom to pour it into the small heart shaped molds that was hidden for at least a decade in the kitchen.

 

“I want sprinkles on this one! It must be the rainbows ones!” Lay pointed at the middle one that was exceptionally big. He somehow wanted that to be more special than the rest. His mother chuckled softly before getting a pack of rainbow sprinkles at the pantry to place on the chocolate. Thank god she’s a baker or else he must be whining now while locking himself in the room.

 

“Anything else, sweetie?” She asked once more before putting it in the freezer.

 

“I guess no…I just hope that he likes it.” He murmured while looking at them.

 

“Lay, it’s her not him. Stop getting it wrong and go prepare yourself for shower, look at your face, it has chocolate streaks around it!” She corrected him again before pushing him upstairs.

 

Lay just stared blankly at her while going up with the thought lingering around his mind. Was he really wrong? He was perfectly sure he was a boy. Maybe his mom just misunderstood. He sighed while taking his clothes off before climbing into the bathtub. The water was lukewarm but he didn’t mind since his toys were already inside. He hopped in and played with his toys while waiting for his mom to come help shower him. After a few more minutes, he saw the familiar figure enter. She automatically took some shampoo and body soaps while walking towards him and started cleaning while he daydreams.

 

“So who’s this lucky girl that’s receiving your chocolates?” She asked while scrubbing his hair.

 

“He’s-it’s she not he- she’s is tall with blonde hair and has a husky voice. I liked her since I saw her.” He said with a grin on his face.

 

She thought about how does a six-year-old girl have a husky voice but it’s her son’s future love and she wouldn’t want to disturb it anyway. So she nodded and agreed bit by bit of Lay’s school life stories before dressing him. He quickly changed to his pajamas before having dinner downstairs. Afterwards, he read a storybook before hopping into bed for sleep. I hope everything works out tomorrow!

 

---

 

“So how was school?” Lay’s mom asked him while cooking lunch.

 

“He accepted my chocolates! And he liked the one with sprinkles the most and we even took pictures. My teacher gave me one of them-“

 

“Lay, it is she not he how many times do you want me to tell…oh my god.” She grumbled until she saw the picture.

 

It was a boy. A boy of his age. A freaking boy. And he was kissing her son’s cheek.

 

“His name is Kris and I’ve known him since last year! He is a very nice friend and I like him so much. Last time , he shared cakes with me and-” Lay said excitingly until his mom collapsed.

 

“Mom?”

 

 

 

 

A/N : hope you guys liked it!