Prompt 5: Companion

15 PROMPT CHALLENGE!

 

Prompt 5: Companion.

 

The white room was fairly warm with the sun shining through the peach curtains that was over the windows. It was 10AM and Lay was still in bed; probably trying to guess when will his husband enter the room. It was their anniversary today, and Lay was anything but sad.

 

He had been waiting for this day for so long (even thought it happens every year) and he even got his suit prepared, hanging in front of the pearl wardrobe. He couldn’t really sleep for a wink last night, imagining what would he prepare today. The building today was exceptionally quiet; kids usually run around the corridors at this time of the morning, knowing that they’ll end up getting yelled by the nurses. “Spoiled kids they are, I say! Never listening to my words.” Lay’s private nurse, Tiffany, will always exclaim as she enter with her trolley filled with medication and needles. Lay automatically answers with a light chuckle while she comes over to give him the jab.

 

But today, everything’s different.

 

Tiffany came in with a pink dress and styled hair instead of her uniform and trolley. Her face was hung with a big smile, knowing that today was a special day to Lay. Lay looked at her and felt a slight happy shock, thinking what had made her wear that. She went over and helped him sit upright on his sickbed before getting his suit that was hanging.

 

“Big day today, eh? Look, they even asked me to dress up for ya!” She grinned as she took Lay’s pajamas off and helped him in the suit.

 

“Well, a dinner would be enough, why did he ask you to wear such fancy things too?” Lay asked back, finding the whole situation embarrassing.

 

“Ay, not every couple gets to celebrate their 60th anniversary, ya’ know? You should be proud of your hubby for doing this for you!” She answered back while buttoning up his white long sleeved blouse.

 

Lay had a small weak smile crawling up his face after realizing that it’s their 60th anniversary already. What Tiffany said was pretty true, how many couple’s get to celebrate their anniversary at an old age of 80? He slowly nodded as she helped him wore his pants and coat on. She then transferred him to the wheelchair beside his bed, before pushing him to the bathroom. The spacious bathroom had a full body mirror, allowing Lay to see himself in the mirror. He found himself dashing, with the suit still fitting him after so many years. The suit was the very first item Kris bought for him and Lay cherished it more than anything. Tiffany quickly took out her make-up bag before tidying up his face.

 

“Tiff, try hiding some of the wrinkles, please? I want to look young.” Lay pleaded as he used his weak finger to point at the fine wrinkle on his forehead and eyes.

 

“Come on, Lay. You know very well that you look dashin’ nuff’ already. I was going to add a dash of blush on your face, and that’s ‘bout it.” She explained while rejecting his request.

 

“But then what about my white hair-“ He asked again.

 

“No. Just blush. That’s it.” She snapped back.

 

Lay then sighed at her stubbornness before staying still. Tiffany quickly shaded his cheeks and fixed his coat right, so that Lay looked exactly like 60 years ago. He then quickly pulled a small tie before pushing him out.

 

Kris was standing outside of Lay’s wardroom with a bouquet in his arms. Our 82 years old Kris, on the other hand, had an obvious bulging tummy under his coat (even though he tried dieting a week ago). Everyone who walked pass him congratulated on their anniversary as all the nurses in that ward wore dresses, just for them. The place was decorated with sashes of ribbons and vases of flowers, re-imitating the wedding hall they used to go.

 

As Kris waited for a few more minutes, Tiffany came out with Lay looking as handsome as ever on the wheelchair. Kris was dazed when he saw him before slowly walking towards him. He quickly passed the flowers and gave a small whisper in the ear.

 

“You look wonderful.”

 

“Oh stop it, you. I look like a old hag now.”

 

“No, you look exactly like 70 years ago. The beautiful Lay that I first laid my eyes on.”

 

“And you look like the superb Kris I first met 70 years ago.”

 

They both smiled at each other before Kris got on his knee in front of Lay. Lay was laughing embarrassingly while hiding his face between his palms, seeing his actions. Everyone in the ward was cheering for them as they said their vows before exchanging rings. And suddenly, Kris carried Lay princess style and walked down the corridor, creating an even noisier chaos than just now.

 

“What are you doing?! Put me down! This is so weird~” Lay squealed as he wriggled in his arms.

 

“Reenacting.” Kris simply replied.

 

“We’re not 20 anymore, you know?” He asked back this time, with a shy smile.

 

“Age doesn’t matter. I’m still your Kris and you’re still my Lay.” He answered back before running into Lay’s wardroom and locking his door, not letting any nurses enter for the rest of the day.

 

A/N: kris and lay at 80 years old?

main pic:seanybaby6544