Prompt 11: Beginning

15 PROMPT CHALLENGE!

 

Prompt 11: Beginning.

 

“Mr. Kris, can you come out for a moment?”

 

Kris lifted his head up from the pile of files before focusing on the door, hoping to find the owner of voice. “And what urgent business do you have with me until the extend of not having an appointment?”

 

“It’s 11pm sir. Do I still need to have an appointment to find you?” Lay murmured while twiddling his thumbs, hoping he won’t get yelled.

 

“Fine, wait outside for a moment. I’ll be right with you.” Kris simply said before signaling him to not disturb him.

 

Lay quickly scuttled outside of his office room before closing the door. It was only he and his boss left in the office, as only he called for OT today. The dim yellow light lit the narrow hallway, giving the place a club’s vibe, just without the music and strippers. He tried to remember how many times did he walk up this hallway today, trying to knock on the door before chickening out. Lay who had been and, still is Kris’s assistant has come to this familiar door countless times throughout the years but they were merely for business purposes.

 

This time, it’s for both of their sake.

 

Steam came out of his mouth as the low temperature seeped into the small office at the 15th floor. Their heater has long died on them ever since last winter, not like they could afford a better one anyway. The run down office with ish installments made Lay feel like it’s ing winter although it’s only the late autumn. The smaller male let out another small sigh after looking at how pitiful they are before wrapping himself closer to the jacket, hoping it would keep himself warm enough until his boss comes out.

 

As Lay leaned on the wall beside the door, he heard a soft click before the giant with tied up blonde hair came out. The man in his early twenties looked exhausted; just like what he expected. After rushing around the office for meetings while trying to put his company back on sound footing, the wrinkles at his eyes extended probably until his hair and the eye bags looked like they’re being pulled down by weights.

 

“What do you want, Yixing.” Kris grunted while rubbing his eyes from the soreness.

 

“Nothing, actually. Just wanted to ask if you want to have some coffee with me.”

 

Are you ing serious. You know what state we are in right now, don’t you? And you still bother to ask me if I want to have some coffee? And when can you be so impolite with me?” He growled while staring at him.

 

“Dude, you’re not in your office anymore, and that gives me every single right to talk to you as a friend. I know very well how bad we are right now but we need to take breaks from time to time, okay? Come on, just let me lend your companionship for a max of 15 minutes.” Lay spoke back while staring right back at Kris.

 

Kris does not intimidate Lay; not when he is outside of his office. Reason? Well, because Lay knew very well that Kris is a big soft patootie (that’s how Lay always phrases him) who would even willingly jump down a cliff just to save a kitten.

 

They both stared intensely at each other before hearing a loose breath from the giant as he looked at his watch. “15 minutes starting from…now.”

 

“Hey, if it’s like that we might as well not go out at all.” Lay gave him a pissed off look.

 

Kris didn’t have any choice then; he probably needs to pack up for today. He then walks back into his office to grab his stuff before coming out with his jet-black coat on. Lay was already standing at the main entrance of the office, wanting to leave as quickly as possible. They both walked to the elevator, catching the last one as the dim light in the office glows through the hallway.

 

=

 

The two casually strolled around the streets, in hoping to find a nice quiet café. Teens nowadays literally occupy all the café’s around the main street, making them walk all the way to a secluded one in the neighborhood. The wind probably wasn’t even trying to be nice as it blew right at Lay’s face, making him stop in his tracks as he shivered tremendously.

 

“You okay?”

 

Nope, wonderful.  We should have just gone to those café’s with the bunch of teens inside instead of walking around at ing North Pole.” Lay grumbled as he hugged himself even tighter.

 

In just a minute, he felt a warm scarf wrap around his neck as the giant adjusted it fittingly on him. Lay’s heart skipped a beat as he looked at the scarf. The wine colored scarf might be a bit long but it matched his dark blue coat just like a diamond to a ring. Lay then stared at him, wondering where the hell did he get this.

 

“How…”

 

“Well, we went pass a few shops just now and I though it might look good on you. Take it as a present for working with me after that many years and not ditching me then.” He shrugged before walking in front of Lay.

 

Lay was going to ask some more but stopped while laughing to himself as he realize how red Kris’s ears turned.

 

So much for acting cool.

 

=

 

“We have five minutes left.” Kris stated as he slurped his mocha.

 

“And I guess it’s time for me to tell you why I asked you come out then.”

 

Kris gave a light laugh.” I knew it. You must have something going on.”

 

 Lay gave him a look. Was he that easy?

 

The café was quiet with only the barista wiping the cups and a single man sitting at the back wearing his headphones on while using his notebook. They had a light chat about how the last time they walked around the streets and how nice it is to come out and have some caffeine in their body for once in a while.

 

“Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that I actually like you. Woah woah woah calm down and let me finish. Okay, where do I start first…I really need you to know that I have no idea when and why I feel like that. I actually pushed these feelings away for longer than you can think I did but this time I really need to know an answer. I-“

 

Lay stopped.

 

Kris’s face somehow turned from being shock to being curious.

 

He gestured him to continue as Lay awkwardly continued his, mini confession.

 

“I just really like you, somehow. I like how weird you stupid lips are. I like how serious you are towards your career. I like how you cry over dumb dramas. I like how you’re such a softie when it comes to anything you like. I like everything. I like you, Kris. I don’t know if we’ll end up as colleagues or not even friends anymore but at least you know how I feel right now. And now my five minutes are up. Thank you for accompanying me. ” Lay confessed before getting up to leave.

 

As he walked to the door, he turned back to look at Kris once more.

 

And Kris finally said something.


A beginning for an ending.

 

 

 

 

A/N; yay I updated! probably cause i felt bad for my sis since I knocked her head with my phone just now =~=

main pic:  cafe--mocha