Prompt 12: Photography

15 PROMPT CHALLENGE!

 

Prompt 12: Photography

 

  The room was quiet as light footsteps could be heard pacing outside. Every one who lived on that floor, except for his room, has either went out for a walk in the park or are enlightening themselves with books.

 

  The warm sunlight shone through the white curtains, lightening the plain room up as Lay slowly reached for the photo book beside his bed. He sat at the side of his bed, allowing his feet to dangle with the wind escaping the room. He wondered how long have he slept today, or how long have he been daydreaming; he couldn't really tell the difference.

 

  The book’s binder let out a soft tear, indicating how long it has been since it was last opened as Lay flipped it from its first page. The first page was filled with drawings and sketches from his classmates during 2008, where he first graduated from high school. A small smile appeared from his face as his fingers traced around the colored words and drawings.

 

“Don’t you miss them?” A voice opposite him spoke.

 

“Of course I do, Kris. They’re like my family. I can’t help feeling nostalgic as I look at this book.” Lay simply replied.

 

  Kris gave a light nod as he walked to his side, boots clicking against the wooden floor. Lay gave the bed a light pat, signaling him to sit beside him. The taller one looked around before giving a light shrug as Lay continued to flip the pages. The next few pictures all showed how he and his classmates fooled around in school as the photographs still felt so alive with excitement. Kris looked over as he wondered whom was that one person hiding in every picture’s corner.

 

“That person? He’s called Yifan. He always stole my lunch in school. But no matter what, I still liked him. He then left for somewhere very far when I moved here but he promised me that he’ll come and visit me soon.” Lay indicated as he looked at Kris.

 

  The taller male looked closer as he touched his own face, wondering why does his face looked similar. Lay gave a light laugh before asking him to stop thinking so much as he is way kinder than Yifan. He also mentioned that Yifan does not like wearing boots and leather jackets, unlike Kris. Kris then gave a light nod before accepting that answer, although the thought still lingered around his mind.

 

   They then scanned through another few pictures that was in the photo book; some from China, some from Korea and some from Canada. Lay then told Kris about how he and Yifan always flew around, in search of the perfect picture. It was both of their goals back then, as they were still counted as young blood and energetic enough to attempt this wild goal.

 

Kris then finally thought about a question. ”Then what were your relationship back then with him?”

 

“I can’t really… remember. The only I can remember about him is that we both liked photography…and I think that’s about it. But I’ve got a feeling that he was someone very important to me, I guess…” Lay murmured.

 

  As they both were exchanging light ideas about who was Yifan, the voices of the two people outside interrupted them.

 

“Is he talking to himself again?”

 

“Whatever. Our job isn’t about mending him back to normal, but to pretend we live in his world too.”

 

“Well…if you say so. But I still feel bad for him…”

 

“He’s someone we can’t save anymore. Just let him be.”

 

  They both looked at each other before pretending they couldn’t hear it, knowing it’s from the two baddies again. Those two always talked about the rest, so as the only way to solve the problem was to ignore what they say. They then chatted about when will they take a trip to the sea, what are their future plans, how will they communicate if one of them moved and many more. As the sun was slowly setting, it was time for Kris to leave.

 

“Wait for a minute! Let me go get my camera first.” Lay halted him as he was walking towards the middle of the room.

 

  The male in white then reached for his Polaroid camera, which was placed on the drawer before asking the taller male to pose in front of the window. Kris let out a big grin with a peace sign as Lay took a picture of him. The picture took its time to push out from the camera’s slot as Kris walked towards the middle of the room.

 

“Now close your eyes and count to ten.” He whispered towards Lay.

 

  The shorter male then said his goodbye’s before obediently closed his eyes while counting to ten. The countdown slowly started and once he reached zero,

 

Kris disappeared from the room.

 

  Lay then picked up the picture before blowing it, hoping it will quicken the drying of the photograph. A big smile appeared on Lay’s face once he could see Kris’s smile imprinted on the photograph. A minute later, a lady in a light blue dress entered Lay’s room with a small tray filled with different types of colored capsules on it.

 

“Hello Lay, how are you feeling today?” She asked while placing the tray on the table.

 

“I don’t know…but I met Kris again. We talked a lot and I even showed him my pictures from before. See this, I took a picture of him today! You can have it~” Lay exclaimed.

 

“That’s awesome and thank you! Now remember to finish these vitamins and I’ll see you tonight, okay?”

 

“Sure. Can we go out for a walk later? I would really like that! “

 

“Why not? Now go take a rest and I’ll see you soon.” She said before exiting the room.

 


 

 

“How’s he feeling?”

 

“No change, doctor. He still thinks that ‘Kris’ visits him every day. I don’t even know how will explain to him that Yifan is already-“

 

“There’s no need for that.”

 

“But…okay.”

 

  The nurse then walked towards the bulletin board before pinning the photograph of the scenery of Lay’s room window on the board, just like the rest of the pretty, empty photographs on the board. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:我真的好累啊啊啊啊,艺兴救我嘛 , guys sorry for the long delay...I'm finally at my holiday week! actually I still have tons of projects to do so yeah.....

 

main pic: OH I LOST THE LINK HELP