Prompt 10: Thanks

15 PROMPT CHALLENGE!

 

Prompt 10: Thanks

 

Yixing was amazed.

 

The food. The fireworks. The booming music. The colorful dresses. The famous celebrities.

 

Everything was just a big party.


 

Yixing strutted around his magnificent garden as he could still hear the es yelling in excitement. He let out a light chuckle after realizing what he has managed to escape from without his suit dirtied, or what he would like to call it, keeping his ity. After all, he was nothing more than a mere neighbor of his and he would like to leave his party in the exact same situation as how he entered.

 

Yixing looked around the place, admiring the little tunnel covered with flowers as the crisp leaves crushed under his footstep, leaving soft echoes. He wondered if this was a dream, being here in this palace like household. He didn’t know why did he invite him here; he knew nothing about him, nor have he talked to him. All he knew was that he’s rich and somehow, he kept a close eye on Yixing.

 

“Excuse me, but I received an invitation?” Yixing tried to show it through the crowd of madness.

 

“What do you mean by invitation? There is no invitation to his parties!” The waiter yelled back.

 

“Does that make me the only one? Well I might want to meet him to explain the situation.”

 

“You won’t be able to find him, I tell ya’! No one has ever met him before! He might not even exist!” The waiter exclaimed before running off to get more champagne.

 

He slowly tapped his chin while wondering about his only concern for the night, why is he here and who is this person? What is this person’s purpose for calling him here? What use can a mere composer do for him?

 

 As the stars twinkled brightly at the clear dark sky, a fair scent of Jasmine travelled around the garden before a tall young man appeared from the other side of the tunnel. Yixing stiffened up, not knowing if this man would cause him harm or not. The young gentleman had blonde slicked back hair matched with a suit custom tailored from the most expensive company in New York, somewhat proving his identity. A smile stretched from Yixing’s face to realize that he has finally met the person that baffled his mind.

 

“Kris, I believe?”

 

The male smiled, holding onto his cup of champagne. “Just call me Yifan.”

 

“Well then, may I ask the reason why I’m here, in this spectacular party of yours?”

 

“You can say that I invited you here just for fun, or maybe cause you’re too lonely. But whichever you choose, just remember I have no bad intentions at all.” He simply implied before passing his cup of champagne to Yixing.

 

Yixing gave him a slight glance before accepting the drink. Was this really the reason why he invited him over? Just because he looked lonely? By then he was already in a half-drunk state, so suspecting anything at that state might not end up logical anyway. Yixing pondered for a moment, before drowning the drink, letting it burn inside him as his mind felt dizzier by the minute.

 

Is the world turning or is it just me dancing? Yixing thought.

 

Yifan went over closer to Yixing, holding onto his hand before grabbing his waist with his other hand. He looked at how the drunk male looked so fragile, comparing with his cautious yet confident self from before. He helped Yixing to lean on the wall, but only to see Yixing’s beautiful brown irises staring right back at his. Yifan’s heart skipped a beat to see how Yixing was staring so deeply into his, as though as he was asking him to accompany him before he dies in his sorrow. Has he been that lonely, that even his gaze could penetrate Yifan’s icy heart?

 

Yifan’s fingers slowly traced down his jawline, feeling Yixing’s smooth skin before touching his delicate soft lips. Should he do it? Or should he resist the urge? It wouldn’t be nice to start intruding one’s privacy without asking, is what he thinks. But when Yifan was still contemplating on it, Yixing just tiptoed before smashing his lips onto Yifan’s. The taller male was bewildered before accepting it, allowing the shorter male to explore him.

 

As their tongues turned more and more tangled between each other, Yixing broke away, allowing himself to breathe. His mind felt fuzzy, not knowing what did he just do, nor realizing the fact that he just made out with the owner of the richest house built. All he knew that how electrifying it was and how excited it made him before losing too much energy to think at all.

 

Yifan was trying to gather himself back from that adventure while supporting Yixing, only to realize that he is officially too drunk to be conscious enough to walk. Yifan then lifted him up into his arms while ordering his butlers to open the path to his bedroom.

 


 

 

The next time Yixing woke up, he was covered with silk bed covers and surrounded with red velvet curtains. His head still hurt a bit, but he could now focus on what is actually happening around him. He had no idea did he get here, nor whose room is this.

 

He slid down the bed, wearing the pair of prepared slippers before hearing a knock on the door.

 

“And may I know who is it?” Lay questioned.

 

There was a soft click of the knob before the door opened, and there he was, wearing the suit of his.

 

“How do you feel?”  Yifan asked softly, touching his cheek.

 

“Not really well, but it’s good. Has the party ended yet?”

 

“It just did. Now they’re cleaning up.” Yifan explained before pulling him back on the bed, hoping he’ll take some more rest.

 

Yixing trotted along, following his footsteps while feeling the warmth from Yifan’s palms. They both got up the bed, snuggling with each other as though as they knew each other since they were born.

 

“Thanks, Yifan.”

 

“What for?”

 

“Everything I guess. As a composer, I never had fun like today. I’ve always been locking myself up in a room, trying to brainstorm a masterpiece, only to fail horribly. You made me feel young again. Made me feel like the young Yixing who was totally ambitious for his dreams. I don’t even know if this is just my imagination where I had a bad sleep, but I would still want to sincerely thank you for everything.“

 

“There’s no need to thank me. You can come by anytime you want. Tell me anything you need, I’ll be happy to aid you.”

 

“Thanks.”

 


 

 

The next morning, Yixing woke up in his bed. The alarm rang as usual; the birds chirped as usual, the postman came as usual.

 

But one thing, is that when Yixing walked out to get the papers, he could have felt a gaze staring right at him from the palace like house, and that there will be another chaotic party from the New Yorkers again.

 

Because Kris is here, waiting for them.

 

 

 

 

A/N: sorry guys? and btw, the great gatsby was awesome! had a minor reference with it

main pic:shemery