The Meeting

Love Is A War

 

"Sumi, do you think this inter-clan marriage will end the war?"

"To be honest, I have no idea. I really hope so." I say, laying down on my back and folding my arms behind my head.

"Me too~" He replies, doing the same. I quickly get bored, so I start manipulating water above ours heads, forming shapes and spelling out words. "Ooo! Make a cow!" Chen exclaims like a child once he notices what I'm doing.

I let out a chuckle. "Okay~ And I'll make a baby cow too~" I move my fingers and the water shifts into the shape of a cow and a calf.

"Now make an elephant! ..... Now make a flamingo! ... Now a unicorn!"

"Someone's in a child-like mood today~" I giggle, making the unicorn walk in the air to Chen and give him a kiss on the cheek, leaving a droplet of water on his cheek. "Come on." I say as I stand up and hold out my hand.

He sits up, grabs my hand, and stands up. "Where are we going?"

"I don't know." I giggle, still holding his hand. We are instantly transported to a park. "I guess we're going here then." I pull him over to the swings. "Push me~" I chime. He starts laughing and pushes me on the swing.

 

"It's getting really late." Chen points to the sky. The sun was setting on the horizon, giving the sky a orange-purple hue.

"Awww. Well come home with me. We can make some food."

"Okay, sounds great~" He grabs my hand and we appear in my kitchen.

"Moooooooooooom~ We're baaaaaaaaack~" I call as I raid the cabinets and the refrigerator for ingredients.

"Welcome home honey!" I hear her call back from across the house.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask, sitting down some ingredients onto the counter.

"Hmm... Let's make some Miso Soup. I haven't had that in a while, and I love how you make it." He stands up from sitting at the kitchen table and walks over to watch me cook for us.

 

"Mmmm~ This is so good~" He says through a mouthful of tofu.

"Thanks~ Eat all you want. Mom! Dad! If you want some Miso Soup, it's done!"

"No thank you dear, we ate some Bulgogi about an hour ago!"

"Oh, okay!"

 

"I need to get back home before my mom starts thinking I was kidnapped again." He rubs his arm- his nervous habit.

"Come on, then. I'll take you home." I sit the dishes in the sink and walk over to him, offering him my hand.

"No, no, no. I don't need for you to flash me home. I can get there by myself." He stands up and starts walking towards the living room.

"No, I insist." I saw, grabbing his hand and flashing us to his house.

"I told you not to worry about it." He laughs.

"Oh! You two scared me!" Chen's mother says with a shocked look. "I don't think I'm ever going to get used to that Teleportation power you have, Sumi." She laughs.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim." I laugh. "I suppose fifteen years isn't long enough?" We all break out into laughter.

"I suppose not." She says through fits of laughter.

"I'm sorry to rush off, but I really must be leaving now. I need to get some sleep because of how early the meeting is tomorrow morning."

"That's a shame that you can't stay. Well, we'll see you tomorrow then." She gives me a warm smile.

"Thank you so much!" I quickly give her a hug, and turn to Chen. "I'll see you tomorrow." I tightly hug him. "Bye, bye~" I wave as I disappear reappear in my bedroom. I jump into my bed and instantly fall asleep.

 

I manage to wake up and have just enough time to shower, blow-dry my hair, put on my makeup, and go through my closet to find something to wear. I must look nice, I think to myself as I put on a sea-foam green mini-dress with green, red, and yellow floral designs on it, and a brown high-waist belt with a pair of matching brown high-heel pumps. I look into the mirror. Satisfied, I flash into the meeting hall.

 

"I'm glad to see everyone present for this meeting." Dad says, nodding. "I'm sure you all have been highly anticipating the reveal of who will be participating in the arranged marriage. All of you must remember, the girl chosen is making a huge sacrifice for all of us. They will be who helps end this war once and for all. The girl we have chosen is..."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Sorry about the cliffhanger... Things aren't going so well with my dad and I right now... So updates might be a little few and far in between for  a while...

That is my life...