Change

Love Is A War

 

I wake up with something slightly heavy weighing me down. I turn to see Chen leaning against me snoring cutely. "You are too adorable~" I coo softly, slowly running my fingers through his soft black hair. He stirs, feeling my touch.

"Sumi?" He says, opening his eyes and squinting.

I giggle. "Good morning sleepy head." He smiles, showing off his perfect white teeth.

 

"I must be going now. I think I'm supposed to have a dinner with Tao's parents tonight." I say with a sad expression.

"Awww... I wish you could stay longer..." He pouts.

"I promise that I will come visiting more often. Especially since Tao is giving me the cold shoulder." I bite my lip.

"I'm glad that you will come visit me. I really hope things clear up with him. I don't understand why he can be so cold." He pulls me into a hug, gently kissing my hair.

"I don't know either.." I pull away and step back. We wave at each other and I flash back to my house.

 

I change into a solid white dress with a lace back and sleeves, and some white leather stilettos. I quickly curl my hair and do my makeup. Satisfied, and descend the staircase and notice Tao standing at the landing with a dumbfounded expression on his face. "Is something wrong?" I ask, stepping onto the last stair step.

He shakes the expression away and turns back to his poker face. "No, n-nothing's wrong." His voice cracked.

I hold back laughter. He's acting really weird.

 

"Mom! Dad!" Tao exclaims, pulling them both into a loving embrace.

"Son! How have you been? Have you been enjoying your wife's company?" His dad asks with a huge smile on his face. He was obviously delighted about having dinner with us.

Tao gives me a strained look. "Yes, of course."

"Good, good." His mom giggles.

"Come on in and have a seat. I will serve dinner." I tell them. They all follow instructions and I disappear into the kitchen.

 

{Tao's POV}

"Son! How have you been? have you been enjoying your wife's company?" Dad asks with a huge smile plastered on his face. Guilty hits me like a ton of bricks. I've been neglecting Sumi... She probably hates me by now...

I look at her. "Yes, of course."

"Good, good." Mom giggles like a little school girl.

 

Sumi instructs us to be seated at the table so she can serve dinner. As soon as she disappears into the kitchen, dad speaks in a hushed voice. "Son, I know you haven't been treating Sumi like you should."

What?! How did he know that?! "Is it that obvious?" I ask guiltily.

"Yes, dear. We can feel that there's tension between you two." Mom explains.

"And we know you, son. We know when you are lying."

"Look, I'm sorry... She just makes me-" Before I can finish explaining myself, Sumi walks in with a cart filled with all kinds of food and sweets. From Chicken Parmesan to green beans, to strawberries to cheesecake.

"Here we are." She says shyly. She starts sitting the dishes in the center of the table. Mom nudges me with her foot and gives me a glare.

"Let me help you." I say, getting up and leaning around her to grab some dishes.

 

We finish sitting out the food and I take my seat next to Sumi. Mom has a look of satisfaction on her face. "Sumi, this is so delicious! My son is very lucky to have such a beautiful and skilled wife." She smiles at her with pride.

"Oh stop it." She replies shyly. "You're just saying that."

"It's just the truth, deary."

 

Mom and Dad have finally left and I head upstairs to get ready for bed. I walk into the bedroom to Sumi standing in front of the mirror brushing her hair only wearing a red oversized t-shirt over top her undergarments. My eyes widen and I swallow hard. I quickly shake my inappropriate thoughts away and grab a pair of my blue plaid pajama pants and a white t-shirt, going into the bathroom to change.

 

I come back out and see her sitting on the bed, reading a book. I slide into my side of the bed in an awkward silence. After a long while, I finally decide to break it because it was making me uncomfortable. "What are you reading?"

"The Art of War." She murmurs, deeply engrossed in her book.

"Oh. That's a really good book. Sun Tzu's wisdom and intellect are mind blowing."

She stops reading, marks her place, and looks at me. "You've read it?" I nod. "At least that's one thing we have in common..." She looks at her hands awkwardly.

"I bet we have more things than in common." I say, sitting up.

{Back to Normal POV}

 

Tao and I sat and talked about ourselves for hours. It turns out that we are almost exactly alike. We both love ramen, rice, ice cream, and cookies. Stupid people get on our nerves. We both love music and everything about it. We love using our powers to our advantage. And so much more. I have a feeling that our relationship has changed, for the better.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Does this mean that Tao will start treating her better?

Thanks so much for reading and subscribing! Comments are appreciated. :3