My Husband

Love Is A War

{Sumi's POV}

Today is the big day, I think to myself as I put on the clothes my mom had chosen for me. It was a baby blue mini-dress with a white high-waist belt, matched with a pair of white Mary Jane heels. Does she want me to show more skin to try to make him want me or something? I tug at the bottom of my dress in attempt to pull it down a bit, but to no avail. I sigh. I hear my mom walk into my room. "Let me do your makeup and hair, dear." She plugs in her curling iron and turns it on, then turns to see me already doing my eyeliner.

"What? You know that I am paranoid about my eyeliner and mascara." I laugh.

"Fine. But I get to do the rest."

 

When mom get finished with my makeup and hair, she allows me to look into the mirror. I actually look kind of pretty. "Do you like it?" Her eyes were hopeful.

"But of course!" I exclaim, standing up and giving her a tight hug.

"You're going to mess everything up!" She scolds, pushing me away. Gee, thanks for ruining the moment, mom.

 

Our limo arrives in front of a huge white building, very similar to my clan's meeting building. "Alright honey, we're here." We step out and she links her arm with mine. She looks pretty calm for a woman about to give her daughter away to a boy whom she has never even met, and whom is a member of a enemy clan.

 

We step inside and everything is white, matching the exterior of the building. Even the visible parts of the plants were solid white. "Ah, welcome. You must be the lovely bride-to-be." A middle-aged man says as he walks towards us. "Right this way." He leads us into a room where my father is sitting with another middle-aged man. The other man disappears and we walk in, taking a seat across from my father and the man.

"You must be Miss Sumi." The man says in a husky voice. I fake a smile and nod. "Your husband will be here any minute now." He smiles. I nod again and drop my gaze to my hands. "My son will take wonderful care of your daughter."

"I hope so. My Sumi only deserves the best."

"Of course, she is your daughter." They both chuckle. I hear the door open from behind me. "Oh how wonderful!" The man exclaims, standing up and grabbing my hand, pulling me behind him to greet the person who came in. "Sumi, this is your soon-to-be-husband and my son, Tao." He pushes me in front of him to meet the emotionless gaze of a tall boy. He had jet black hair that reached his ears, a strong gait, and cute bags under his eyes that made him look like a panda. His gaze faded from no emotion to displeased. "Are.. You not happy with my choice?" The man seemed confused. Tao remained silent, still staring at me, moving his eyes all over me, as if to analyze his prey.

 

After a long awkward and uncomfortable silence, the man finally speaks. "I suppose that this girl isn't satisfying enough for you." He sounded disappointed. He turns, turning me with him, and starts to walk back towards my parents. I feel a hand grab my wrist.

"No. I didn't say I wasn't satisfied." He says. So the beast talks? Shut up, Sumi. This isn't the time for your lame jokes.

"Oh, good! Does that mean that the marriage is on?" The man claps his hands together and his eyes sparkle, as if he was a little kid begging for a new toy. Tao nods his head, expressionless. "Oh happy day!" He exclaims, running over to my parents and jumping up and down. Do all Kios act like this? If so, no wonder they are our enemies, they are so weird.

"Dear, you must go now and get ready."

"F-for what?" I ask, confused.

"For your wedding, silly." Oh, right. That's tonight isn't it?

"Tao, do you mind letting go of her arm so she can go get ready? I know you are so happy that she belongs to you, but you must let her get ready so you can be married first." The man jokes. Tao shoots him a death-glare and releases my arm.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Sumi finally meets her husband~ What do you think? Will it turn out well between the two?

I had a really hard time choosing who the husband would be... TT-TT It was really difficult to choose between the 12 of them... I chose Tao because he is my favorite panda, and a certain SOMEONE told me that I needed to choose someone different for this one, since I already have Lu Han in one fic already, and Chanyeol in another. Lol. But I don't care. I agree with her actually. Plus, it made it a lot easier to choose. ;D Enjoy these pictures of the emotionless husband~