Emotions

Love Is A War

 

I wake up to bright sunlight filtering through the windows. I try to through my legs over the side of the bed, but they seem entangled in something. I open my eyes. Oh yeah, I'm still in my wedding dress. I pull up my dress and get off of the bed, shuffling over to grab some clothes out of the wardrobe. I grab a baby pink oversized shirt and a pair of light blue jean shorts, and run into the bathroom to take a shower, change clothes, blow dry my hair, put on my makeup, and fix my hair.

 

I head downstairs to the kitchen and fix a glass of milk. I walk into the living room, Tao is nowhere to be found. Maybe he has a job? I shrug and grab the TV remote.

 

After hour and hours on end of watching dramas, Tao walks in and takes a seat on the other end of the couch. "Where were you?" I ask leisurely.

"Out."

"Out where?"

"None of your business."

Oh, so THAT'S how it is? I huff and walk out of the room.

 

Two weeks passed full of extremely short 'small talk', awkward silences, hardly seeing one another, and overall a feeling on not being wanted. I have finally had enough, and needed some time away. I stand up just as Tao is walking into the living room. He looks up at me just as I flash out of the room.

 

"Chennie~" I exclaim as I flash into Chen's bedroom and through my arms around him in a back hug.

"Oh my gosh, Sumi! You scared me!" He chuckles, turning around to hug me back properly. "How have you been?"

"I've been good." I smile.

"Has he been treating you well?" My smile fades, and my eyes begin to water. I drop my gaze to the floor. "What's wrong? Has he been mistreating you?" He put his hand under my chin and makes me look at him.

"I don't think he wants me.." A small stream of tears start flowing down my cheeks. I don't want to let anyone down, or disappoint them...

"What makes you say that?"

"Ever since our wedding, he hasn't talked to me much, and I feel like he's been avoiding me... I hardly ever see him... And he won't tell me anything... He always says it's 'none of my business'..."

He pulls me into a hug as I begin to sob. "Shhh. It's okay. Everything is fine. He just hasn't realized how amazing you are yet."

I grip his shirt and cry harder. "I just... Don't want to be a disappointment..."

"You are NOT a disappointment, Sumi." He pets my hair. "Come on, where's that smile?"

My lips curl up into a smile and I slightly laugh. "You always know how to make me smile and feel better."

"It's because I'm awesome." He winks, making me laugh even more. "You're not supposed to be crying and laughing at the same time. It's not natural." He smiles as I continue to laugh and wipe my eyes. "That's my girl." He pulls me into another hug.

 

{Chen's POV}

After hours of talking and joking around, she finally fell asleep on my shoulder. How could he not want you? My eyes trace down her face- her long eyelashes, her slightly pink cheeks, her soft skin, her thin lips. I can't help but smile to myself.

 

Pretty soon, my eyelids feel heavy, and I too fall asleep, laying my head on hers.

{Back to Normal POV}

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Update! Woo! Please enjoy~ :3