Lies?

Love Is A War

 

A month has passed, and Tao and I have slowly gotten rid of the awkwardness between us. We aren't like best friends or anything, but we've gotten closer- like friends, even though we are married.

 

"Hey Tao, have you heard anything on the wars yet?" I ask, flipping through the TV channels with the remote.

"No, not recently. As far as I know, they should be stopped by now." Gee, what good are we as Alphas? We don't even keep up with what's going on in the outside world.

"I think I'll call someone and ask. I'm really curious." I lean over to grab my phone off the table just as a chime goes off signaling that I got a text message.

I see it's from a unknown number, and open it. "The war between the Kilos and the Delos may be over, but the Dark Ones are back."

"WHAT?!" I yell, throwing my phone across the room. "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!" I grab my head and ruffle my hair in frustration, anger, and disbelief.

"What is it?" Tao asked while leaning away from me, his eyes wide.

"An unknown number just texted me and said the war is over, but the Dark Ones are back." I sink back down and cover my face with my hands. "This was all supposed to be over, Tao. Everything. And now, this has to happen."

"Shhh. It's okay. We don't even know who it is, or if they are telling the truth." He lays his hand on my shoulder.

I lift my head. "You're right. I'll ask Dad to see what he says about it."

 

"Yes, sweetheart?" Dad asks through the phone.

"I have to ask you a question." I bite my lip.

"Go ahead." He urges.

"Is the war finally over like you said it would be?"

"Yes, it is over. Some of the older and more traditional members of each clan didn't want to throw away their differences and stop fighting, but we finally convinced everyone to stop. The treaty is signed, and everything is peaceful now."

"That's wonderful, dad." I smile. But it slowly fades when I remember the text I got just a few minutes earlier. "Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know anything about the Dark Ones?"

"Of course I do. They were a enemies for centuries. But they haven't been seen for hundreds of years. Why do you ask?"

"Do you think they will ever come back?"

"I don't know.." There is a long period of silence. "What brought this on, Sumi?"

"Nothing. I just kind of started thinking, that's all."

 

We finally hung up, and I turn to see Tao scowling at me. "What?"

"Why didn't you tell him about the text?"

"I just couldn't, okay? I don't want to start something. Especially after the war finally being over with the treaty of our marriage."

"I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ." He looks down at his hands.

"It won't."

He looks back up into my eyes. His eyes were full of uncertainty. "You don't know that for sure." This time I am the one who looks down. "Let's just pray that nothing happens." He grabs my hands. "Come on now, I can't have my wife being sad."

I burst laughing. "I think that's the first time that you have claimed me as your wife. Does this mean that you are finally warming up to me?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Maybe." He smirks. "I don't think we have actually acted like a married couple in these whole two months that we have been married."

"You're right. But I blame you." I stick my tongue out at him.

"Me? What did I do?"

"You were so cold to me.. I thought you hated me... That you weren't satisfied with being married to me..." I look away and bite my lower lip.

"I was just... Unprepared to be married. I mean, look how old we are. You're 17 and I'm 18."

"But it was for the sake of our clans." I point out.

"Yes, I understood that. I just... Felt like I wasn't fit to take on the responsibility of having a wife in order to fulfill a treaty. I was afraid that I would be a bad husband."

I turn back to him. "You are a good husband. The only bad thing you did was make me feel incompetent and unwanted." He sightly squints his eyes and shakes his head. When he finally stop shaking his head. He gives me that same look he gave me when he kissed me on the altar at our wedding, and smirks. What is he doing? He suddenly attacks my lips. "Tao..." I manage to say between breathes. "Tao.." "Tao."

He finally stops. "What?" He says huskily.

"What are you doing?"

"Showing you that you are wanted."

"What the- Tao! I am not about to do that!" I squirm away.

"I didn't say anything about that, now did I?" He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into his chest. "But now that you mention it, that sounds like a good idea." He chuckles as he buries his face in my neck.

I can't help but giggle. "Stop teasing."

"What if I don't want to?" He says stubbornly, like a little kid. I start giggling again. You leave me no choice. I flash away from him and to the other side of the couch. "That's not fair! Using your powers against me." He pouts. "Fine. If that's how you want to be." He smirks and suddenly I can't seem to move very fast. What the-?

Before I have time to run away, he is standing over me with a smirk. "What did you do?!" I say slowly. Even my speech?!

"I have Time Control, remember?" Oh yeah.

I just accept defeat. "Fine.. I won't use my powers against you anymore..."

"Good." He plops down next to me and wraps his arms around me. I feel myself being about to move at normal speed again.

"Do you have to slow down everything, or can you choose what you want to slow down?"

"I can choose if I want. Say, we are in a fight with another clan, I can slow time for everyone but you and I if I want."

"That's so cool~"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Just a little suspenseful and fluffy chapter because I felt like writing it like this. :3

I am listening to some BTOB right now. I have such a soft spot of Minhyuk. I mean just look at him.

I just, can't even. Asdfghjkl~