Going Out~

Love Is A War

 

"Get ready~ We're going out~" Tao sings, waking me up.

I raise up and push the comforter off of me. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." He smiles adorably.

 

After showering, curling my hair, and doing my makeup, I go into the bedroom and walk into the closet. "Hmmm..." I scan through my clothes and stop when I get to a knee-length red dress with a high lace collar. "Perfect~" I muse. I grab a pair of red pumps and a red clutch purse to complete it. Stepping in front of the mirror, I turn a couple of times to look at myself. A smile spreads across my face. I need to wear this more often.

"Are you almost ready?" I hear Tao call from downstairs.

"Coming~" I sing, walking out of the room.

 

I descend the staircase, my eyes wondering until they meet Tao's. A huge goofy smile spreads across his face. "Am I too formal?" I blush, looking at my clothes. I already know the answer, because he is dressed in a black tuxedo.

"N-not at all." He stutters cutely. My smile widens. "C-come on." He puts his hand on the small of my back and guides me out the front door, and into a black limo.

 

The limo stops outside a French restaurant. "Wow~ You didn't have to do this." I gasp as we are lead to our table on a private balcony behind the restaurant.

"Of course I did. You are my wife, after all." He smiles, motioning for the waiter to bring the appetizers.

"But, why the suddenness?" I tilt my head, taking a nibble of the hors d'oeuvres.

"Maybe I want to treat my wife well." He chuckles. Is that a hint of blush I see across his face?

 

After finishing our meal, we get back into the limo and ride a couple of blocks before he takes my hand and pulls me out. "Where are we going now? It's nighttime." I ask him.

"You'll see."

 

We get to a huge fountain that is spouting colored water. "That is so beautiful." I gasp in awe.

"You like it?" Tao asks, tugging on my hand to pull me closer. I can't find the words, so I just nod. "Come on, the best part hasn't happened yet." He pulls me away and we start walking circles around the fountain, waiting on whatever it is that it's going to do. After a while, he suddenly stops. "Sumi?"

I turn to face him. "Yes?"

"You know, I've been thinking.." He starts acting nervous.

"Yes?"

"Well..." His looks up at me, eyes widening. "Look out!" He pulls me towards him and steps back, arms wrapped around me protectively. I lift my head to see a dark shadow slowly moving passed where we were just standing. Tao's using his time control. The shadow makes a slow inhuman roar, obviously agitated. I look at Tao, his face is full of worry. He knows what it is too.

 

I turn my gaze back to the shadow. It looks like that person knew what they were talking about after all. I raise my hand in front of me just as it was slowly turning towards us. Water from the fountain raises and swallows up the shadow. I close my hand into a fist and the water squeezes together and bursts, causing water droplets to fly in all directions. "Was that the only one?" I ask Tao, looking around the best I can while his arms are still protectively around me.

"I don't know. I think so." He says, sounding on edge.

"I don't see any more, or sense any more, so I think that was the only one."

"That was a Dark One, Sumi. With it showing up, that one couldn't be the only one. There has to be more."

"I know..." I look at the pavement below out feet and raise my arms to rest on his that are wrapped around me.

"Well come on, since it's safe now, we need to get ready. It's about to start." He lets go of me and intertwines our fingers, pulling me closer to the fountain.

 

As if right on cue, colored water shoots up from holes in the sidewalk that I didn't notice before, spraying all over us. We burst out laughing. "Was this the surprise?" I ask.

He nods. "Do you like it?"

"Other than my dress being drenched, yes. But don't worry, I can dry my dress later." I wink.

He starts twirling me around, both of us laughing like a couple of crazy people. "Hold on, this isn't absolutely perfect yet." He lets go of me and walks away from the spouting water, clicking on a portable stereo that seemed to appear out of nowhere. It's starts blasting Marry Me Today by David Tao and Jolin Tsai. Tao comes back to me while singing along. "Chun nian de hua kai~ Dai zhe dong tian de gan shang~ Wei feng chu lai lang man de qi xi~ Mei yi shou qing ge hu ran chong~ Man yi yi~ Wo jiu zai ci ke tu ran jian dao ni~" I giggle and take his hands, we start dancing. "Take it away." He says.

"Chun nuan de hua xiang~ Dai zou dong tian de qi han~ Wei feng chui lai yi wai de ai qing~ Niao er de gao ge la jin wo~ Men ju li wo jiu zai ci ke tu ran ai shang ni~" I sing back sheepishly.

"Ting wo shuo~ Shou qian shou~ Gen wo yi qi zou~ Chuang zao xing fu de sheng huo~ Zuo tian yi lai bu~ Ji~ Ming tian jiu hui ke xi~ Jin tian jia gei wo hao ma~" We sing together, twirling around in the spouting water.

 

What we are singing about finally hits me, and I feel my face grow hot. Tao notices and stops dancing. "Is something wrong?"

 

I smile at him. "Nothing." So this is what being happily married feels like.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Update~! If you haven't heard the song, I suggest listeing to it! Here's a link~ And here are the translated lyrics(for those who don't know Mandarin Chinese). Oh, and just in case you can't tell, Tao and Sumi sang the first verse(I guess both of their parts together make up the first verse) and the first chorus.

Fluff~ Fluff~ And more fluff~ Because I feel like it. ;D

Anyway, here's is Sumi's outfit:

Pretty, huh?