Our House

Love Is A War

 

We stop in front of huge bronze gates. Mom rolls down the window and flashes a key card at a scanner, and the gates start slowly opening. We drive for what seems like an eternity, and a mansion appears ahead. The mansion was beige with black shutters and four huge columns supporting the extended roof over the front porch. It was made in the architectural style of the White House, with a splash of Gothic architectural elements. The limo stops out front. "Go on, now." Tao's mom urges as she hands Tao two key cards. He gets out and offers me his hand. I take it and step out.

"We'll be leaving now. You both are staying here from now on." Dad tells us.

I feel panicked. "But what about our stuff?"

"All of your stuff is already inside and arranged." Mom muses.

"Oh."

"Bye bye~ Behave yourselves~ Oh, and treat each other well!" Tao's dad calls as the limo starts driving back down the driveway.

 

Tao holds one key card up to the scanner, and we hear a click. He turns to me, expressionless, and picks me up bridal style, and takes a step inside. "Woah. Isn't this a bit much?" I gasp, taking in the foyer around me. He sits me down without saying a word. So the beast remains silent? I chuckle to myself. I walk through the huge white-colored foyer, through a hallway, and into a large open living room. There was a red sectional couch in the center, with matching chairs on both sides, and a glass coffee table in the center of all of the furniture. This was all sitting on top of a shaggy white rug. The floors were a beautiful oak hardwood. Mom and Dad really outdid themselves.

 

I go through every other room in the house, both floors. Every room in the house was painted white, with oak floors. The only other colors are red and black. The master bedroom was very spacious, and had a king size bed that looked as if it belonged in England in King Henry VIII's bedroom during his reign as king, as well as a walk in closet the size of a bedroom. There was a office room, a game room, three guest rooms, and two rooms- each with our stuff in it that we previously had before the marriage-, among other rooms. The kitchen was roomy, and had every cooking utensil known to man along with every spice you can think of. The refrigerator was full, as well as the cabinets. There were PLENTY of dishes and silverware, enough to use at a Roman feast and still have some unused.

 

Everything in the house was just so... perfect. It was absolutely gorgeous. Everything I could ever ask for, and more. I yawn. I suppose I should go to bed. I slowly make my way up the huge staircase, an almost exact replica of the Grand Staircase in the Paris Opera House. I make my way into our bedroom and lay myself on the comfy bed, not even bothering with taking off my wedding dress.

 

I wake up to the face of a peacefully sleeping Tao. A smile forms on my face. My eyes trail over his face. His fluffy black hair, down to his closed eyes, to his lips. At least I was blessed enough to get a handsome husband, I think to myself. He seems to have more emotion when he's sleeping than when he is awake. I giggle. He slightly stirs. Oh crap! His lips form a smile. I can't help but to widen my smile. "I promise to treat you well." I whisper to him. "I hope that you treat me well too." I close my eyes again with a smile, and fall asleep again.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

I've really been neglecting my stories... TT-TT It's just been really hard to have inspiration for them lately... But of course, I have inspiration for yet ANOTHER one... But I'm not going to write it until I stop being lazy and work on this one and my other two. Anyway, here's the mansion:

I hope you enjoy, even if it was a rather boring update. .___.