Sixth chapter: The Pandora Box

Breaking Through Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Finally, it's oooovvveeerrr"

"Goodbye bulls, hello holiday" Baekhyun happily dumps all of his belongings, which consists of 3 large suitcases, into the van "are all of us already here?"

"Wait! Luhan hasn't come yet!" Says Chanyeol.

Sehun's eyes flinch. The reason why he agreed on this stupid gang borrowing his stupid villa and asking him stupidly to come in which he stupidly agreed is because of Luhan. No Luhan, he'll flip the stupid van over.

"I'll call him!" Says Lay happily. He almost presses the call button before Suho points at Luhan who is dragging his suitcase lazily.

He looks rather pissed off, with a very unpleaseant smug expression. Who won't? Since he'll go on a vacation with his EX husband and 8 brats for a week. A ing week. He's cool with the brats though. His EX is the main problem.

"Gosh you're slow"

"Thanks Kai" Luhan rolls his eyes.

"Give me your suitcase" says Sehun. Luhan couldn't help but stiffen his grip on the handle. His nightmare is only a meter or less, too close for his comfort.

In the end, Luhan throws the suitcase to Kai, it's better than asking Sehun. Even talking to that dickhead disgusts him.

The seating arrangement is, front: Suho (driver) and Lay, in the middle: Kai Kyungsoo Chen. In the back: Luhan Xiumin Sehun.

Again, Luhan felt like dying cause Sehun is only half a meter beside him. Luckily this meatbun becomes his wall.

The journey takes two hours with loud smacking of the ever bickering couple Baekyeol, Kai's soft snoring and Kyungsoo's soft lullaby, Lay's neigh like a unicorn (luckily Suho brought a ductape with him) and ordinary, the most usual thing, a normal conversation between the Chinese and the meatbun.

They didn't even realize Sehun's staring daggers at the puffy cheeks boy, maybe his skin is too elastic and chubby till the daggers are blocked?

"Woah, it's the beach!" Exclaims Luhan happily as he stares in awe through his window.

Lines of villa on the right and beaches with soft pastel colored sand, sapphire blue ocean stretching till oblivion under the twinkling horizon on the right.

People can be seen either sun bathing (in which Kai happily wakes up as soon as Chen shouts something about a girl's bikini slipps off, earning a big smack from his big eyed boyfriend) or surfing or anything that connected to the beach.

"This is so cool! Xiumin, we should try that! I saw a cute ice cream parlor there! Oh, there's a seafood restaurant! Gosh, I want to try surfing sdfghtyubhjcghjkfghj"

"What are you blabbering Luhan?" Says Baekhyun "we won't be staying here"

Luhan widen his eyes in surprise "no way! Then where are we gonna stay?"

"Just wait and see" Chanyeol grins "and now let's sing sistar's loving u" he takes an ukulele and starts playing it randomly.

'Terrible' Luhan facepalms.

"LooooOOOoooOOviNgGggG uuuUuuUuuU UuuuUuuU"

Chanyeol sings on what Luhan thought is like a dying dog's sound. With that deep voice, singing a girlband song is so a no no.

"Naaaannnnn eoootttooookkkhhhaaaeee what shuuuddd iii doooo"

And the unicorn joins in.

"Hyorin has some perfect , I am giving my heart!"

And Kai is dead after singing the obviously wrong line.

"You are so dead and we are over now, oh HATINGG UUUU"

Underline block italic. It stabs Kai right on the heart.

"Kyung-ie!!! Andwae!!"

"Gosh, the circus freak show begins"

Luhan hears Sehun whispers to particulary no one. The Chinese's eyes accidently meet Sehun's and he quickly reverts it away.

Luhan scrunches his brows when he realizes they're now far from the pitter patter of the beach, instead they goes in into some kind of neck pricking road where rows of pine trees are the only thing available to watch.

He gulps as the road doesn't seem to end. The others seem don't mind though, but for christ's sake, they are waayyy off the beach, he thinks they're for beach-ing not camping.

"Uh.. Guys" Luhan finally says "we are far from the beach"

"I know, we hate the cramped beach and hormonal people out there trying to touch our lovers, so Sehun made a villa on the east side with a private beach" says Chanyeol happily.

Luhan gapes his mouth. He didn't know the Oh Sehun will be that rich and selfish to make a house for his own comfort. He mean, come one, building a house needs a million, how about a villa? Well, also a million he guess. His parents do have some Villas at Nami and Jeju island (well some is in Hawaii, Tibet, Canada and New Zealand) but Luhan doesn't really like it. A building built for pleasure and somewhat symbolism the richness they have. He always has a fit when his parents spent their money on something useless.

They stop in front of a grand, two stories villa painted in dazzling white. Big windows lines up the marmer like walls, and the garden is filled with blooming roses.

All of them sprung out their vehicle crazily while Luhan slowly stumbling on his way. This villa is ing nice. He never goes into his parents' villa, they used it for their honeymoon anyway, and Luhan definitely doesn't want to them.

They get in and Luhan still couldn't stop aweing the scene. The outer building looks like a European styled house but the inside is a totally different thing. Most of it was built in shiny polished wood and natural rocks. It looks like some tropical villa in Hawaii or Bali.

"Where's Eunhyuk and Donghae hyung?" Asked Chen

I gave them some day off since we're coming here" Sehun says.

"Now!" Baekhyun shouts happily and claps his hands "bring out all your food!"

‎​30 seconds later

"WHAT THE GUYS"

Baekhyun shrieks because now the room looks like some alcohol shop. Wine, soju, sake, rice wine, red wine, beer and other kinds of liquor are constantly being placed in the middle of the room.

They eyed one another as if blaming each other for bringing only alcoholic drinks.

"Kyungsoo didn't you bring some food?"

Kyungsoo shrugs, "Kai said he'll prepare for the trip"

And bam, they're like refugees stranded in the middle of a deserted island.

"I'm hungry" whines Xiumin.

"Wait! Didn't Eunhyuk hyung atlease prepare some food?"

Sehun jumps and checks the cabinet, refrigerator and drawers but it's all ing empty, a spider even crawled out of it.

"Those motherers didn't"

 "No choice, someone must go back and go grocery shopping"

"But it's a long way back!"

"Do or die"

"Two people are gonna go back while the others stay"

"Call, how to decide it?"

"Rock paper scissors"

"1...2...3

After the constant shouts of joy and sorrow finally the winners (or losers) are picked.

"I don't want to" Luhan huffs in anger at the situation. His expression is fixed into one of annoyance as he was picked to go all the way back and shop for food for the ungrateful careless pack of monkeys.

Not to mention with his ex husband.

How come he so much at rock paper scissors?

"It's the deal Luhan dear" says Baekhyun mocking Luhan's bad luck "Sehun can drive, so we'll be waiting here okay"

"Now go!"

"Go"

"Go"

"Go"

"Go"

"Go"

"Go"

"ARGH FINE"

The Chinese angrily steps outside and hops in the damned vehicle. He sits on the passenger seat, head resting in his palms.

There's a creak, and Sehun's head appears from the door "Uh.. I'm driving?" Asks Sehun nervously.

Luhan gives a small nod before throwing his gaze outside. Never in his life has he found that pine trees to be such a captivating thing to see.

The journey there is quiet and awkward. Tense atmosphere falls under the rhythm of the humming machine. Getting sick of it, Sehun gathers his wits to be the first to break the silence,

"So how are you?"

No answer

"Luhan?"

"I'm fine"

"I'm sorry for what happen before, you passed out and I didn't know where to bring you back"

‎​"It's okay" Luhan replies shortly. It's intimidating, how Sehun attempts to make some type of conversation with him.

"So are mother and father okay?"

"Don't ing call my parents that, as I recall you once said that you are disgusted to even consider them that" Luhan hisses dangerously.

Sehun can't remember though, it must have been some time where he was drunk or at least on the verge of it. He often says very hurtful things whenever he's drunk, or do something stupid and careless.

"I thought you knew better, I've been in America all this time"

Sehun shakes his head, "no, I'm too busy working and attending college. My father's health was deteriorating back then, so I had to take his place"

"What? He's.."

"Some kind of lung problem but it's fine now"

Luhan bites his lips and continues staring at the boring scenery. He didn't know that his ex father in law was sick, his mother never told him anything. He guesses that his mother just wanted him to stay away from anything related to the man sitting next to him.

"Are you married?" Asks Luhan.

Sehun, a little shock by his ex wife's (or wife according to him) question, smiles. Maybe there's a chance that his wife is jealous or something?

"No, I'm too busy"

"Pity, with everything you got, you can even have four wives"

Sehun's smile is replaced by a frown "well do you want me to get married?"

Luhan stares at him, knitting his brows with a questionable look plastered on his face, "why did you ask me that? I have no right on telling you whether to get married or not"

"But.."

"What?"

‎​"Nothing" Sehun sighs in defeat.

And the journey continues with the two occupants trapped into an uncomfortable silence.

 

 

They stop by a small convenience store in a small corner.

The pair basicly dumps in everything they see as interesting, like some Tuna fish eyeballs that Luhan thought was cute, while Sehun rolls his eyes cause why the hell are there Tuna eyeballs in a convenience store.

"Should we buy ramyun?" Asks Sehun as they pass in front of the ramyun shelves.

"I think we should" says Luhan, "which one is the best?"

"I don't know, I rarely eat ramyun"

"Hey, isn't this your favourite?" He points at a blue plastic ramyun.

"It is, we should take these" he stops, looking confused "you still remember that?"

"Uh.. In the past you always asked me to buy those" Luhan says barely audible, talking about anything connected to their past is really intimidating.

Sehun nods. Unknown to Luhan, his face breaks into a small grin once again from the fact that Luhan remembers something so small about him. And somewhat it makes him really happy.

"We should be going now" Luhan says rather coldly. He realized his mistake, he softened his walls around Sehun, engaging in a normal conversation with him and even accidently bringing something from the past. He thinks he should keep a big distance from the younger from now on.

After paying for their groceries (which pretty costs a fortune, luckily Sehun insists on paying for the entire thing himself instead of just half)

‎​The journey back is no different. Sehun tries to make some light conversation while Luhan answers it shortly or worse, doesn't answer at all.

A ringing sound resonates through the van as Luhan takes his phone from his pocke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter