Eighteenth chapter: Will you still love me?

Breaking Through Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan waited patiently for Sehun on the lobby. It seemed that the director was running late for the meeting this morning. His secretary did tell him about the director’s penchant for unpunctuality. Luhan knew that Sehun has never been fond of coming in on time for everything. His record for tardiness could be compiled into an essay back in his schooldays.

 

“Is the director here yet?” asked the secretary

 

Luhan shook his head

 

“Geez,” the secretary sighed, “the meeting will start in ten minutes. Can you go and fetch him Luhan?”

 

“Sure,” said the Chinese

 

Luhan hurriedly walked down the corridor and stopped in front of a huge door, indicating the lavishness of the director’s hotel room. He rang the bell once, twice, before a bedraggled Sehun emerged from the lacquered door.

 

“Something’s wrong?”

 

Luhan crossed his arms in front of his chest and huffed, “yes director, everything is wrong. The meeting will start anytime soon and you are still in your boxer”

 

“Oh !” Sehun cried, realizing that his alarm did not went off this morning. He rushed into the bathroom and Luhan let himself into the luxurious space. As he settled himself onto the sofa, he realized the current state of Sehun’s room: disaster. Aside from unpunctuality, Sehun was also a fan of untidiness. The room looked like as if it has been hit a storm or something. His suitcase dangled dangerously on the table with its content sprouting out here and there. Luhan averted his eyes when he saw a familiar triangular fabric on the sofa’s armrest.

 

Sehun hated tidiness and Luhan used to be there to patch things up. He would meticulously clean all the mess that Sehun’s made, be it sober or not. Sehun was like a whirlwind for Luhan; disastrous and catastrophic. But even all of the mess Sehun made, Luhan would love him just the same. Even if those things went unnoticed by Sehun’s bastard self, Luhan would gladly do it in a beat. However, Sehun messed with something that Luhan himself could not fix easily: his heart.

 

“I’m almost done!” Sehun shouted from the bathroom

 

“Clean your room, you sewer rat!”

 

Sehun appeared from the bathroom looking dandy as professional as ever, as though his bedraggled self diminished into the air within seconds. Luhan couldn't believe the swiftness of Sehun’s ‘morning routine’.

 

“Let’s go”

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting finished quickly as it appeared that the investors knew how to behave themselves this time. An agreement has been reached fairly quick without arousing any debatable comments and Sehun was grateful for that. The meeting has the energy out of him, moreover the absence of breakfast contributed further over his exhaustion.

 

“Luhan, let’s grab something to eat,” asked Sehun

 

“I’m not hungry”

 

“We have plenty of time today. Let’s explore Jeju once we’ve had our lunch”

 

“Uh …” Luhan hesitated. The prospect of going around Jeju only the two of them strikes a chord in his consciousness, “maybe I’ll pass”

 

Sehun pouted and gave the Chinese his extreme puppy face, “Pleeeeaaaasssseee?”

 

“Oh shoot, don’t use your goody goody puppy face on me Oh Sehun, it won’t work”

 

But after another round of whines and pleas, Luhan finally gave in.

 

 

 

 

After they had their lunch, Sehun insisted on driving around the island because apparently ‘as a director, he never had the chance to explore the island freely’ or maybe this was his only justification to get Luhan to accompany him.

 

As they drove along the vacant road along the seacoast, Sehun couldn’t stop glancing at Luhan. The man beside him was beautiful; his sun-kissed features accentuated the beauty he possessed, and it enthralled Sehun like never before.

 

“Keep your eyes on the road, Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter