Sixteenth Chapter: When you smile, sun shines

Breaking Through Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan yawned for the umpteenth time this morning. The flight to Jeju was quite early and he didn't have much time to sleep since he had to pack his stuff and video called Kris. Luhan felt rather guilty for making his boyfriend extremely worry, not to mention he didn't know that Kris was going abroad for work.

"Here," Sehun sat beside him and handed him a glass of hot coffee, "you seem really tired"

Luhan muttered a weak thanks before slowly sipping his drink. They were now sitting in the waiting room, waiting for their flight number to be called.

"I'm really sorry for troubling you, Lu"

Luhan turned his head aside and stared at him with questionable stare, "you aren't. You are my boss and I am your employee. It is my duty anyway"

"I mean, you won't be that comfortable of going ... With me"

The Chinese froze, fully processing the obvious meaning behind his ex-husband's words. He compiled a hundred retorts, but in the end, he opted for silence instead.

Sehun took his paper glass and sips his coffee, trying to avoid the awkward silence hanging between them. Then Luhan realized their wedding band encircling Sehun's finger. It seems polished, as if Sehun's been using it all of these times. The presence of the ring really disturbed Luhan. He had taken off his yet Sehun still had his on. He honestly didn't know what to feel right now.

"Uh ... Lu?"

Luhan snapped back into reality

"What?"

"You're staring"

"Oh sorry," he directly averted his eyes to the seats in front.

The gawking silence hung between them again.

 

 

Luhan felt really sleepy. His eyelids were heavy and his vision was blurry, not to mention the thoughts of a certain man called Oh Sehun spiralled around his brain. After the plane took off, Luhan started to loose his consciousness and drifted into dreamland ... with Oh Sehun being the last thing he could think about.

 

 

Sehun looked at his wife's head, which was lolling softly on his shoulder. His lips curled into a smile as he stared at how pretty his wife's sleeping face is. Sehun brushed a finger over Luhan's bang and pat the latter's heart softly.

"Aigoo how sweet," he heard an ahjumma cooed from the seat beside, "Are you two a married couple? Is this your honeymoon?"

Sehun smiled, "no, we aren't ahjumma"

We are. But right now we are just strangers with memories

"It's a shame, you two make such a cute couple!"

Sehun politely laughed. He recalled the time when his parents urged him to go on a honeymoon with Luhan. He adamantly refused because he didn't want to be left alone in the middle of a foreign place with Luhan. The idea horrified Sehun that he ran away from home for three days until Luhan also voiced his objection towards their honeymoon, making excuses such as schools and homework.

In contrast with back then, Sehun really longed for a trip for just the two of them. Maybe they can sort it out, maybe Luhan will forgive him completely, maybe he can erase Luhan's pain ... Maybe they can reconcile. All of those thoughts swirled around Sehun's mind like tornado.

"Uh ..." Luhan mumbled softly

"Luhan?"

"Please don't ... Please"

Sehun froze, realizing that Luhan was having a dream right now

"I am not ... No please don't be mad, i'll go ...."

Sehun's vision started to blur. He realized that Luhan is having a dream about him. Was his presence too burdensome for Luhan? Did he treat Luhan so badly that he was having a nightmare like this? How many times did it happen? Once? Twice? Probably innumerable in a spawn of 6 years. He couldn't imagine how lonely Luhan was when he's facing his haunting memories. It hurts Sehun .... It hurts him to know that he is Luhan's source of nightmare.

"Who's that girl? Where did you go? Where are you? Why didn't you reply me?" Luhan whimpered, a bead of tear rolling down his cheek.

Sehun wiped away his wife's tear with his fingers and tried to choke down his sobs. Because listening to Luhan's painful cries was like a thousand knives jabbing his heart, tearing it into pieces

"Please, Luhan ... Give me a chance to make you happy ... I'll make you really happy so that it fights off all the pain i've caused you. Please, hold on, cause i won't let you go."

 

 

Luhan face burns in embarrassment throughout the journey from the airport to the resort. He woke up with Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter