Second chapter: The Separation

Breaking Through Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since that night, Luhan and Sehun have yet to see each other. Once Luhan was awake, he frantically packed everything and run, despite his limp and the chilling morning wind, to Taemin’s house.

 

Taemin didn’t mind though. At first, he was worried about Luhan’s bruised body, bleeding lips and limping figure, but Taemin knew that some things weren’s supposed to be asked until he’s ready.

 

Taemin also knew that Luhan sobbed in his sleep, as if he’s carrying a larger than life burden on his tiny shoulder.

 

 

 

It was 3 a.m. inside their house and Sehun has been pacing around in circles for hours. He hasn’t seen Luhan for weeks and somehow, it worried him to no end.

 

When he woke up on the sofa with nothing but a blanket covering himself (courtesy to Luhan), he stopped going to nightclubs and started waiting for his wife instead. However, his wife has never once showed up until he fell asleep due to exhaustion.

 

Sehun realized that Luhan came home at some time before the sun rose, but he always failed to catch the exact moment.

 

Every morning he would still be greeted by the scent of food from the dining room and the dishes from the night before were washed and neatly placed in the cupboards. He tried to eat some of the food, hoping that Luhan would realize that he was perhaps, a little, probably, worried and sorry for his action. But it was no use, Luhan still come and go like a shadow.

 

Sehun pulled his hair in frustration

 

Wait, why should I give a damn about him? He’s nothing to me. Yeah, he’s just a who ruins my life

 

 

 

“Luhan! Open the door, what happen to you?!” Taemin banged the bathroom door with worry

 

How could he not when Luhan suddenly bolted out of his seat and ran after eating his first bite of breakfast? Taemin didn't remember being a bad cook either.

 

Luhan propped himself against the toilet bowl, feeling dizzy as he threw up bile and nothings from his intestines.

 

It has been like this for five days

 

A wave of nausea would hit him and sometimes, he would nearly pass out if Taemin wasn’t there to hold him

 

“I’m okay,” said Luhan as he emerged from the bathroom.

 

Taemin didn’t believe him for a second, he stared at Luhan like a scanner, trying to prod him the truth,

 

“You should go to the hospital today”

 

“But Minnie …”

 

“Luhan, please, I’m begging you! Stop acting like this! I’ll call the hospital right now to make an appointment”

 

Luhan nodded in defeat. He was close to crying because of his best friend’s kindness, something that he wouldn’t get from his husband.

 

 

 

Sehun didn’t pay any attention to the lesson. The pointless crap teachers said were useless anyway.

 

His future was already guaranteed, inheriting the biggest corporation in South Korea, what else did he need? He has everything.

 

‘Except Luhan’

 

He silently gasped, how could the mighty Oh Sehun think that he needed that ?

 

Sehun shook his head, trying to dissolve the though into midair. He should be happy that has disappeared.

 

“Hey,” Ho Jung, one of his friends, elbowed him, “This is ing boring. Let’s go to the club tonight”

 

Sehun was in two minds before deciding to try and forget about his wife. Perhaps clubbing would make everything better? He hasn’t had a good lately either.

 

“Mr Oh, Mr Baek, where are you two going?” the teacher asked when they were about to exit the class

 

Of course those pests wouldn't dare to prevent Oh Sehun and Baek Ho Jung from doing anything they pleased. Their parents were the top contributors for this school after all.

 

Sehun flashed the teacher a middle finger before closing the door.

 

 

On the other hand, unknown to Sehun, Luhan was sitting on a hospital seat. His hands were trembling and eyes glazing with tears as he read the results of his examination.

 

Yes, he constantly threw up in the morning and got sudden headaches these days, but he has always thought that he caught a cold or something.

 

But it wasn’t

 

The result said another thing

 

Who would’ve thought his normal check up ended up in ultrasound machine. He was positive for pregnancy

 

Luhan cried.

 

He didn’t know whether he should be happy or not.

 

He was happy because the child was his and Sehun’s, but at the same time, that was also the reason he wasn’t. He’s afraid if Sehun wouldn’t accept the child. Nevertheless, it’s their child, at least Sehun has every right to know about it.

 

“Don’t worry aegi, I will protect you. Eomma loves you”

 

Luhan gripped the paper roughly, his decision was final. He would go and meet Sehun tonight.

 

 

 

Luhan opened the door of his house, inhaling Sehun’s lingering scent in it. He touched his velvet sofa, which has been his only companion in this lonely house. This house was not as tidy as when he was around all the time. The kitchen was a mess with dishes left unwashed and cans of beer sprawling on the floor.

 

Luhan sighed and took an empty can, tossing it into the trash bin. A sudden creak echoed through the room and he immediately dashed for the entrance, only to be slapped by yet another painful sight.

 

Next to his husband stood a girl with long blond hair clad in leather shorts and crop top, which resembled more of a bra. She showered Sehun with kisses from her red lips while his hands settled on the girl’s waist.

 

Not once, not even once had Sehun brought someone into their apartment. Sure, Luhan could tolerate him fooling around from club to club, but he took it too far this time. He froze in front of them, clenching his fist. Nope, he couldn’t take it anymore; this was his final straw.

 

Sehun seemed to notice Luhan’s presence a moment later. At first his expression was unreadable; relief, happiness, anger, all mixed into a single face for a split second, however he quickly has his poker face back.

 

“Why are you here?” Sehun asked coldly

 

No! This isn’t what I should be saying

 

“You’re going too far Oh Sehun. How can you bring a into our house?!”

 

“It’s my life, none of your concern”

 

“None of my concern?! I am your wife and you said it is none of my concern?!”

 

The blond girl seemed shocked. She glared at Sehun in confusion, “You’re married? You said you are single!”

 

“See!” Luhan shouted, “You even lied to around with girls!”

 

The blond girl hurriedly stomped off the house, unwilling to be tangled into a household conflict when all she was searching tonight was only a good .

 

“I told you it is none of your concern Luhan! Why can’t you just go away and die?!” Sehun shouted back. His voice boomed louder than Luhan’s and it took the latter aback.

 

No no no, this is wrong. This is all wrong!

 

Luhan stared at Sehun’s marble eyes. Yes, those eyes definitely told him to off because he didn’t need a ing Luhan in his life.

 

“Fine”

 

Luhan eyes became glossy, tears rolling freely through his porcelain cheeks.

 

As he walked pass Sehun into the dark of the night.

 

Sehun could hear it.

 

A sob

 

As his wife’s footsteps became more and more inaudible.

 

He didn’t know why did it hurt so much as his footsteps disappeared

 

He didn’t know why did his heart start to beat faster when he heard a screeching sound and a shriek

 

He didn’t know why did he turn his head to see his wife lying in a pool of blood, laying helplessly on the concrete road with a car in front of him.

 

Sehun was frozen. His mind refused to process the sight in front of him. He hoped for someone to tell him that it wasn’t true; that this was just a bad dream and he would wake up to find Luhan all healthy and well.

 

But no, reality was indeed cruel

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter