Chapter 15: Dara, I like you

The Glowing Flower

 

 

“Dara….I…..” Jaejoong was about to say something when Dara’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“Dara-ah, where are you?’ Chanyeol asked from the other line as soon as she answered the phone. Panic can be heard from the other line.

“What happened?” Dara asked. She thought that something happened since her brother seems to be in a hurry.

“I’ll tell you when you got home.” Chanyeol just said making his call to be not a big deal to his sister.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry but can we go home now?” she asked looking so worried. She thinks that something came up at home and she needs to know what happened.

 

Jaejoong was quiet and didn’t speak a word on their way home. He almost confessed about his feelings and he wonder why he didn’t speak of it. He thought about the right timing. He’s going to wait for it and he thinks that tonight is not the time to tell her since a lot of things happened those past few days and the problem with Yoona isn’t resolve yet.

 

“Oppa, thank you for the ride.” She bid goodbye before she go out from the car.

“Dara! Wait!” Jaejoong called grabbing her hand and pulled her into a warm hug.

“I like you.” He whispered to her ears. Dara loosen her defense getting surprised on his actions she doesn’t know what to say. She was stunned. Jaejoong can’t keep it any longer. He’s afraid that he might not be able to tell her in the future. On the other hand Dara thought that she likes him too but then she doesn’t want to cause anymore trouble and they should stay as dongsaeng and oppa relationship.

”Dara!” Chanyeol called from the front gate. He seems to be uneasy with the closeness of the two.

“Mom’s waiting.” Chanyeol added raising an eyebrow. Dara finally came back to her senses as she move back to release herself from Jaejoong’s arms. She walked close to his brother who was still standing in the front gate taking a last glance to Jaejoong. Seeing him all smiles and blushing makes her heart flutters and blush a bit. Jaejoong on the other hand raised his phone and waves it as he mouthed the words. “I’ll wait for your answer.”

Dara somehow felt her heart beating so fast that she feels overwhelm with the happiness that she’s experiencing right now. She didn’t expect it. She turned back and follow her brother as she smile to herself.

 

Chanyeol followed her inside her room sitting on the corner of her bed while she waits for her sister to finish washing up her face.

“Dara.” He called.

“Ne?” she answered, wiping up her face with a towel while looking in the mirror.

“You know that noona is mad right? But, why did you go out with him?” he asked. As much as possible he is maintaining his composure. He doesn’t want to feel mad because it’s not something to get mad but deep inside him he felt jealousy which he thought can not lead to anger.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. Jaejoong oppa wants to talk about what happened on  the university and he wants to help.” She explained as she went out of the bathroom and sits in front of her vanity table.

“And?” chanyeol asked because he feels like there is something missing in the story but Dara went silent and just look at him. Chanyeol went closer touch her hair and grabs her comb to help her.

“Dara, listen to me. You need to stay away from him if you want noona to be nice to you then you have to do it.” He said combing her hair gently. Dara looks at his reflection from the mirror. She knows what is his twin brother talking about and she thinks that what he said is right, getting more close to Jaejoong will only lead them to breaking apart.

 

A phone call stops her from her random thoughts as she checked who might be the caller at that time. Remembering that Jaejoong told her earlier that he’ll give her a phone call, she already knew who this unregistered number might be. Thinking what her brother just said to her a while ago made a big impact on her decision to turn off her phone. She thinks that situation will just get worsen if she talk to him. She wasn’t able to sleep that night cause her conscience was taking over her. She doesn’t know what to say to Jaejoong when they’re going to meet again.

 

Dara tried her best to do everything she can so she won’t be able to go the university but seeing her brother with all smiles and ready to go, she felt guilt inside as she hurried down and eat her breakfast. They’re in the middle of their breakfast when their mom noticed that she looks so pale and seems to be sick.

“Are you okay?” her mom asked who just noticed her appearance.

“I’m okay. I wasn’t able to sleep well last night because I read a book.” She lied. She lied even though she knows that her mom and twin brother will not buy it but this time they both let it pass figuring out that it's because of what's happening.

“If you don’t want to go to school, you don’t have to.” Chanyeol said busying himself with his breakfast even though he’s only feeding himself with some little bites of his bacon and egg. What he showed this morning to Dara, his all smiles is just a fake show because he wants to encourage her to go to school and she doesn’t have to worry about anything. He felt sad knowing that she’s still not fine and thinks she’ll not be able to do well at the university.

“I’m okay oppa. I’m ready to go to uni. Let’s go.” She said after seeing his twin brother who looks so down after what she did. She knows that he’s not feeling well also that she’s not the only one who’s undergoing on this circumstance because her twin brother is also involve and concerned about it. If they can only resolve these matters as soon as possible maybe they can go back on the happiness they had before.  

 

Chanyeol and Dara are quiet on their way to the university they’re lucky enough this morning to not clash with their elder sister since she needs to be early at uni. Dara was surprised seeing Jaejoong waiting on the parking lot. He lit up and smiled when he saw their car arrives. Chanyeol went out first and he already sensed what’s going to happen. Jaejoong wants to talk to her sister and he wants to block him. He doesn’t even care even though he acts like a er to them but what he is doing this for her sister’s sake. He wants to protect her.

“Dara” Jaejoong smiled and move close. Dara stop from her tracks and hide from the back of her brother. She doesn’t know what to say to him since what happened last night.

“My sister doesn’t like to talk to you.” Chanyeol said keeping is composure and as much as possible he wants to act cool.

“I want it to hear from her.” He argued.

Chanyeol looked at his back and saw his sister. She doesn’t seem to be feeling good.

“It isn’t the right time to talk to her.” Chanyeol said.

“But.” He tried to reason out when he saw Dara went in front of Chanyeol and seems to be ready to talk to him.

“We don’t have anything to talk about right now, oppa.” Dara said without looking into his eyes. She’s afraid that she’ll feel guilt when he looks in to his eyes.

“But what about yesterday?” he asked. That question made Dara look at him. She felt sadness in to his eyes that makes her feel guilty.

“Oppa, can I talk to him one last time?” Dara whispered to her brother.

Chanyeol on the other hand just let her sister because he thinks that she’ll do what is right this time.

 

Dara and Jejoong went to the back building where no one can see them. They’re just both looking at each other and no words came out to their mouths as Jaejoong came back to his senses and thinks that he shouldn’t waste any time as he said. “I know you’re not ready but I can wait.”

“My unnie likes you and I only treat you as my elder brother.” She said and looked away.

“Then say it looking in to my eyes.” He insisted.

“We can’t be together oppa, you’re soon to be engaging with my sister. I love my sister and I can’t betray her.” She said. Sadness can be felt on their conversation.

“I can still wait even if its forever. You’re the girl that I want not your sister.” He said.

“Can’t you understand oppa?! I don’t like you.” She can’t keep her temper anymore as she said those words she doesn’t even know how she said. How is she able to do it so naturally?

“You’re doing this for your sister. I know. I’m not going to bother you until everything is settled.” He said then left her. A tear fell from her eyes as she heard an echo clap from the back of the post.

 

 

___________________________________

Thanks for waiting!

 

It took me a month or so before I was able to come up with this chapter.

It's not easy to write so I hope you appreciate it.

Thanks you for your comments and subscriptions. 

I really appreciate it!  Thank you so much!!!

 

P.S  I'm too lazy to proof read. I'm going to do it later.

P.S.S. I'm planning to edit the previous chapters soon.