Friends...again?

Mistakes Taken too Far

Soohyun's POV

A gentle tugging arouses me from sleep and I blink my eyes in the dark to see Jae standing in the doorway, pulling at the hem of my jeans. Panic fills me when I see her face and I quickly get up, putting my hands on her shoulders, “What's wrong?” I whisper, not wanting to wake Kevin and Eli.

She doesn't say anything, instead leans against me, her arms around my back and I feel her shaking.

What the heck happened??? I wrap my arms around her, trying to comfort her. I the back of her hair gently as she just stands in my arms not moving or making a sound. Eventually I figure I should probably get to the root of the problem and pick her up, bring her to the living room and sitting down with her on my lap.

“What happened Jae?”

She sniffles, still looking close to tears, “J-Jonghyun sunbae, h-he came back,” she sniffles again, “he says he left because he was scared that I wouldn't want to be friends with him after he kissed me but... I don't know what to do,” she falls onto my chest and I rub her back.

“Shhh, shhh, it's okay,” I whisper into her ear.

Truthfully I want to kill this bastard for causing Jae so much pain over the past few months, I know she's been upset ever since he left and secretly I've wanted to beat the crap out of him for that. She calms down after a while, the shaking subsiding and her breathing returning to normal. Kissing her forehead gently I pull her away so I can look in her eyes, “Do you want me to talk to him?”

“I said I'd go see him tomorrow...will you come with me?” She pleads.

“Of course I will.”

“Thank you Soohyun,” a shiver runs through me when she whispers my name, “I love you.”

She kisses me softly and then looks back at me.

“You should just start calling me oppa.”

A small laugh escapes her before she covers , smiling, “Not even in your dreams.”

“Oh yes... In my dreams you call me other things too,” I smirk, resulting in a slap to the arm, “Come on, we should go to bed.” I set her down and stand up.

Hugging her I leave and go back to my own room, laying down next to Eli. Well, half laying down as I can't fit and am being shoved against a wall. Rolling my eyes I use my foot and push Eli's back harshly in the other directions.

“Uhh...” He moans and then goes back to sleep.

Finally, I fall against my pillow, falling asleep almost instantly.

 

“HYUNG!!” Eli's scream jolts me out of sleep and I look up at him.

“What. The. Hell.”

“Pay back for kicking me in the back last night,” he gets out of bed, “Anyways you should probably get up.”

I look at my phone, 6:50.

“YAH!!!!!!” I yell after Eli who I can hearing laughing and chase him down, pinning him on the ground, “Moron!” I let him up and head into the bathroom to shower.

What time did Jae say she was meeting him....10? Eh whatever, I'll just ask her when she wakes up. I step under the hot water, the steam suffocating me. Ack! I hate showers, they make me feel like a steamed vegetable. Drying myself after I finish I change and go over to Jae and Dongho's room, peeking through the crack I see Jae sitting up rubbing her eyes.

“Jae~” I whisper in and she flinches.

“God you scared me,” she chuckles a little before coming out.

“What time do you want to leave?” I hug her good morning.

“Oh, um I dunno, what time is it now?” She mumbles tiredly.

“Like 8:30.”

Blinking a few times in thought she looks up at me, “Uuuuh I told him I'd meet him at 10 but I wanna go see Yuki this morning too.”

I nod, “Kay, go get ready and then we can leave.”

I go into the kitchen to grab some food, saying good morning to a few of the guys who are up.

“You two going somewhere today?” Kevin glances at me, noticing I'm dressed and ready.

“Yeah,” I put some bread into the toaster, “Remember the guy who kissed him a few months ago?”

Kevin nods, “Yeah.”

“Well he's back after disappearing and wants to meet with Jae and he asked if I'd come with.”

Eli looks up from his food at this, “Is that why he was so moody yesterday?”

“I think so, he was really upset about the whole thing.” I shove a giant bite in my mouth.

Eli and Kevin nod thoughtfully before returning to their food and I see Jae come around the corner.

“You wanna eat first?” I ask her.

Shaking her head she goes to put her shoes on, still seeming tired. Did she not sleep well?

“Ready?” Her voice is seeping in sleep.

Grabbing my shoes I put them on and say bye to the guys, “Tell the others where we went if they ask, later,” we head out the door and I grab Jae's hand once outside.

I can see her smile slightly and that makes me feel better, “You alright?”

“Not really,” she gives a small laugh.

I frown, “What's bothering you?”

She doesn't answer for a minute but eventually sighs, “What the hell am I supposed to say to him? I really missed him and I was so happy when I saw him last night but I'm so freaking pissed at him too...” She fades, a small shake in her words.

I put my arm around her shoulders in attempt to comfort her, “Just tell him that, he shouldn't have left without a word, making you feel upset, but now that he's back and wants to apologize you should accept it.”

Neither of us say anything until we reach my parent's house, knocking on the door I hear Yuki barking loudly in excitement. After a week or so we realized we weren't home enough to take care of Yuki so my parents offered to keep him at their house. My mom opens the door, smiling happily at us,

“Soohyun-ah!!” She gives me a tight hug and I smiles.

“Umma!”

“Oh and hello to you too Jaeseop-ah,” she hugs her too, making Jae grin.

“Hi Mrs. Shin!”

“I told you to call me Umma didn't I,” my mom laughs.

“Oh, sorry,” Jae smiles shyly.

“Well anyways, are you two here to see Yuki? He's been missing you as much as I have, you hardly ever come by,” her voice sounds sad.

“Sorry Umma, we've been really busy, today is our first day off in a really long time.” I try to smile for her.

After a while of visiting I decide we should leave so we can get to the cafe on time, “Bye Umma, I'll try to come again soon~!”

“Bye Umma,” Jae also hugs her goodbye before we walk out the door, heading to the cafe.

As we get closer I catch Jae scouting the area with her eyes, trying to find her friend. I can't quite read her expression as she continues glancing around even after we sit down outside.

“You want anything to eat or drink?” I ask her, trying to distract her.

“Oh, um, sure,” she gets up and we go inside to order.

Grabbing our drinks I take them outside and set hers down for her then return to my seat and pull out my phone, 9:58. At least he's not late. Yet. Jae's eye widen and I look behind me, standing when I see Jonghyun walking towards us. Jae stands a little more slowly and he smiles sweetly at her, waving his hand. He doesn't seem as pleased to see me though, his face hardening at me. Well nice to meet you too.

“Hi Jae,” again he puts on a smile.

“Hi sunbae,” Jae's voice lacks emotion.

“Hi, I'm Soohyun,” I extend my hand to him and he shakes it reluctantly.

“Um, hi, my name's Jonghyun. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here?” Straight to the point, huh?

“Jae, asked me to come with her,” maybe imagined it, but did he just flinch at me calling her that?

He looks to Jae who's now standing next to me, “Oh, okay...”

The three of us sit down and it starts to feel really awkward since neither of them say anything. I sigh loudly and nudge Jae, “Why don't you just tell him what you told me on the way here?”

“W-well,” she looks down and I roll my eyes at her, I didn't know she could be so shy. It's kinda cute.

“Fine,” I look at Jonghyun, “This is basically what she told me; the fact that you left suddenly without a word made her extremely upset and she wants to beat the living crap out of you but seeing you again also made her feel happy because she did really miss you and she's also totally pissed at you too.”

I watch in amusement as his eyes widen at what I said and he turns quickly at Jae who's still not making eye contact. Chuckling I pull her chin up to look at us but my laughter quickly dies as I see tears in her eyes, “Jae!” I stare at Jonghyun who had the same reaction as me.

Shaking my head I go back to Jae, wrapping her in a tight hug, “What's wrong?”

“I just...” She sniffles a little, “I still don't understand why you left! No matter what you did you should've have stayed and made it right if you felt bad about it instead of leaving and now expecting me to forgive you.”

Ohhh, poor Jae!! She really is upset... If that moron wasn't staring at her I'd kiss her but he keeps staring, his eyes blank.

“Can't you say something? Anything??” Jae's voice shakes with sobs.

“I-I don't know what to say... like I said last night, I'm so, so sorry but other than that I don't know. I wish I knew the right words to say but I can't seem to figure it out.” Jonghyun sounds sorrowful at least, hopefully he does feel horrible for what he did.

 

Jonghyun's POV

I watch as small tears fall from her eyes, making me feel like a wretched person inside. What do I say to her? I'm sorry? How could I ever make it up to her... Anger ignites in me at myself. I shouldn't have ever left. Why am I so stupid? Another feeling is layered in me though as I watch the guy next to her, Soohyun, comfort her as she cries in front of me. Who the hell is this guy anyway? Is he the other one who knew she was a girl, or did they all find out? Knowing how clumsy she can be it's possible. Catching me staring at him Soohyun narrows his eyes at and finally I can't take it, “Okay, seriously, who are you and why are you here?”

Jae looks up innocently at him, still crying a little and I can tell the guy is ticked but his tone is calm when he speaks, “I'm her boyfriend and I'm here because she wants me here.”

…...........WHAT? BOYFRIEND? When did THIS happen?!?! I glare at him, my hate for him growing with every second. Wait, so he knows... and their DATING?

“What?” I ask in my disbelief.

“S-Soohyun-ah and I have been dating for quite a w-while,” Jae still stutters a little from trying to stop the crying.

So in my absence she... Why the hell did I leave?! I feel like hitting this guy in the face with my foot.

“I see...” So I really did lose her then.

My heart sinks, looking at them now I see they totally act like a couple, the way they sit so close, glance at each other... Aish, I freaking hate this!

“So Jae... is there any way to make it up to you? I'd do anything, I swear.”

She doesn't talk for a while, seeming to be lost in thought before Soohyun nudges her, breaking her thoughts and bringing her back, “Well, I can't lie, I'm really happy to see you again but... I don't know if things can be the same after you did that.” She says quietly.

I knew this was going to happen. “I-I know. Can we try? To be friends again?” My small bit of hope is starting to dwindle until she nods, a smile growing on my face, “Really?”

“Yeah, I miss having you as my friend,” she smiles cutely.