Day Nine - Beautiful Days

20 Day Writing Challenge

Day 9 - Beautiful Days ft Krystal (f(x)) and Kai (EXO)

The bells rang. She took off her sunglasses and scanned the surrounding. It was the first time she had entered this café. She flung her long jet black hair behind her shoulders. Her long slender legs brought her to the small counter in the café. The whole café was in this reddish brown colour, with velvet red chairs and black wooden tables. Sounds of guitar playing played through the speakers at the corners of the café. It was small, and the soft sunlight that entered through the windows added to the beautiful ambience.

“One iced mocha and strawberry yogurt cheesecake please.” She spoke with her beautiful alluring voice, and Kai looked up from the cup he was wiping. He was astonished to see such beauty right in front of his eyes. She had fair skin and beautiful feline eyes. Her lips were in a light shade of pink. She wore very little makeup on, and her natural beauty shone. She wore a casual black tee, with the front stuffed in her red jeans. He could not see her shoes from where he stood, but he knew it was high heeled, having heard the click-clack of heels when she entered.

“Oh… Okay.” He quickly turned around, heartbeat accelerating. He nervously prepared her cup of mocha and set it on the countertop. He then went to get a slice of strawberry yogurt cheesecake and placed that next to the beverage. The lady held onto her purse and was tapping away on her phone. She looked up when her order was placed in front of her.

“That… that would be 5,300 won (roughly $5.30) please.” Kai stuttered. He was not sure why he was so nervous around the lady. She nodded, not saying a word, before searching for the money in her purse. Kai was slightly disappointed. He wanted to hear her voice again. It was like music to his ears, as cheesy as it may sound. She handed him the money and made her way to the corner of the café. Kai watched as she walked oh so gracefully to her seat. Her legs were long and slender, and he saw that she was wearing black booties. Even with such a simple attire, she could still look breathtakingly gorgeous. Kai noticed how her long straight hair swayed lightly from side to side as she walked. The sunlight that streamed in through the windows made her look like a living angel. All she needed was a pair of wings.

‘I wonder what’s her name…’ He thought. He resumed wiping his cups as he looked over at the beautiful girl with cold yet soft features. He wondered how she would look like when she smiled. He wondered how it would be like to hold her in his arms. It was weird how he had thought of all that when they barely exchanged any words. It was scary to think of that when he did not even know her name.

Kai imagined how beautiful days would be with her by his side. He imagined walking in the park with her in a pink floral dress with white heels, holding hands, just listening to the birds chirping. He wondered how it would be like to dance ballet with her playing the piano in a spacious dance studio. He wondered how perfect it would be when they lie on the couch together, watching a sad movie, with his arms surrounding her small waist.

Just then, Krystal’s phone rang. She picked it up and Kai was excited to hear her voice again. It was unique and angelic. Someone on the other line probably told her a joke which made her laugh. That laughter was enough to drive Kai crazy. He smiled like a fool when he saw her beautiful smile. Everything about her was exquisite. He continued his seemingly harmless imagination about them being a loving couple. He then imagined them having a picnic on the beach, with the soft rays of light gently reflecting off her ivory white skin. He imagined how her long black hair would dance gracefully with the gentle sea breeze. They would run down the beach, laughing, enjoying their time together. Their days together were beautiful. It would be filled with laughter, joy and love.

He looked at her slender digits as they wrapped themselves around the cup of ice mocha. Those fingers would fit right into the gaps of his, as they danced together under the moonlight. Kai continued to imagine their beautiful days together. Making coffee with her, dancing with her, playing the piano with her, cooking with her, doing anything he could think of with her. In the midst of his imagination, Krystal stood up, ready to leave the small café. Kai was alarmed when she stood up, and his eyes instantly lit up desperately. ‘No, don’t leave’, he thought.

Just as Krystal was about to walk out of the door, her phone rang. She picked it up and said to the caller, “Yeah, this is Krystal. Okay, I’ll be home in 10 minutes.” With that, she left the café.

‘Krystal,’ Kai thought to himself as he walked over to clear the table. ‘I hope you’ll come back again, so that we will really have our beautiful days together.’


Pretty short today huh?

After watching Jay Park's 'Know Your Name', I immediately penned this down. At first I watched it for the actress Park Se Young, having known her through School 2013 as Song Ha Kyung, but soon fell for the song itself. It's funny how Jay imagined them on the beach and end up sleeping instead. I don't know why, it just seems funny to me. I'm childish this way.

I've been watching tons of Kaistal lately, and I think that they're quite cute(: I might make more Kaistal in the future, but for now I would like to concentrate on SHINee and f(x). Tomorrow's Valentines' Day... which is Forever Alone Day for me since, well, I'm technically single. No matter how many kpop boys I have called my husband and boyfriend, I'm still single. Oh wells, I'm only 16 big deal. So, I'll probably put in two couples, depending on whether I can finish up 75% of it by tonight ^^

Gotta work on it now! Annyeong! Thanks for reading~

P.S. Please do post some comments haha it'll really make my day^^