Day Two - Sorry

20 Day Writing Challenge

Day Two - Sorry ft Nana and Yunho

                She pushed the handle down and carefully opened the door. Her hollow orbs stared straight ahead as she walked out into the open space. The wind blew against her flawless face and her long black hair danced in the cold wind. As drained as she was, she continued to make her way to her end.

                She threw her deep blue backpack onto the ground and stared aimlessly ahead. She mustered enough courage to step on the edge of the school rooftop and took a glance of her surroundings. Tears rimmed her delicate eyes. ‘This is it, Im Jin Ah,’ she thought. She sniffed, unsure if it was because of the cold or if she was crying. Either way, it did not matter to her at that time. Im Jin Ah, the perfect student, was prepared for the fall, the fall that would represent her end, the fall that would put a stop to everything. 

                She recalled the reason why she was standing at such a dangerous spot. Tears rolled down her face when she thought of the unbearable stress she had gone through the past 17 years of her life. She was to attend multiple tuitions, dance lessons and learn to play the piano and guitar. Her parents practically wanted a perfect daughter. ‘Perfect, my foot.’ She scoffed. Even in school, the teachers showed no concern about her mental and emotional wellbeing. All they were concerned about was to send her for competitions and emphasized on the importance of winning for their school. They said that it would benefit not just them, but her as an individual. They stressed multiple times that she was their brightest student, with straight A’s all the time. What they didn’t know was the unbelievable amount of stress she had received from home and school. Not only just that, even people in her tuition centre was competitive and left no room for her to fall back. She was constantly being pushed forward, regardless of how much she hates it. It has become too much for her slim frame to handle. With one last glance at the school, she closed her eyes.

                “Im Jin Ah! I demand you to step down now!” A man shouted. Jin Ah opened her eyes instantly, and smiled. It was the voice she wanted to hear. Yet, it was all too late. He was too late. The man jogged towards Jin Ah hurriedly despite his sprained ankle he had acquired when he was running up the stairs to the rooftop. He had a rather muscular build and had charismatic features. He donned a black coat with an olive green sweat shirt underneath.

                “Don’t come any nearer Teacher Jung. I might just jump off like that.” Jin Ah said emotionlessly, and it scared the said teacher. Jin Ah was his brightest student, yet to see her suddenly so emotionless, like her soul had left her body and all was left was her shell, he would be lying if he said that he wasn’t one bit scared. Jin Ah smirked. “It’s funny how you knew I was up here. How did you see me?”

                “I was at the 5th storey. Now just get down please.” The man pleaded. He was scared and afraid of the situation he was in. He was scared to his wits. He trembled, unsure if it was because of fear or the cold.

                “I’m sorry Teacher Jung Yunho. I must’ve disappointed you.” She said, voice just as emotionless. Yunho tried to inch closer, yet he was afraid that Jin Ah would really jump. She continued, “I know this is really stupid, but I trust Teacher to be able to understand my circumstances.” She took a pause before adding, “Or not. You never took the time to understand me.” Her smile vanished, and her face showed anger. She was more than angry, she felt betrayed and hurt.

                This hit Yunho hard. He felt immense guilt for not taking care of Jin Ah properly. All these time he was pushing her forward, but he never guided her, helped her. Even when she needed him most, he pushed her aside to take care of things he deemed more important. Yunho took a step forward, only to retreat back to his original position when Jin Ah tilted her body slightly forward. To her it was fun, to play with the teacher whom she liked the most one final time before she plunges to her death. Psycho, that's what people would say. But to her, it was nothing. She doesn't even care if she was mentally unsound at the moment. All she knew is that she will never open her eyes ever again.

                “Sorry.”

                With that, Jin Ah titled her body even more and she lost balance. Yunho ran in the speed of light and managed to grab onto her arm. Just then, another male teacher came dashing over and helped to pull the distressed girl up to safety. The trio fell to the hard ground and Yunho quickly wrapped his arms around Jin Ah. He rested his chin on her head and combed through her hair with his fingers. He could feel himself trembling with extreme fear and his breathing was uneven. He could barely think straight, but he forced his mind to settle down. It will do no good if he were to panic.

               “I should be the one who’s sorry. I failed as a teacher. I’m really sorry.” Yunho could barely keep himself composed. Never in his 5 years’ of teaching had he met with such a dangerous situation. He could barely even breathe; it was like all air escaped from his lungs. He gestured the other male teacher to leave the rooftop quickly, mouthing that he would talk to him after this. His colleague nodded and jogged away.

                Yunho swallowed and slowly pushed Jin Ah from their embrace. He used his thumb to wipe off her tears. He tried to remain calm; for if he were to panic, he will not give off a sense of security. It was something his student needed the most. Jin Ah’s eyes were hollow and empty, as if all life was out of them. Her body was limp and her skin was so pale, it mirrored the moon above. Yunho had never seen this side of his student before. He wanted so badly to comfort her, but he was not sure how. He thought about how he had never reached out to her, and it hit him hard when he realised that over the past few days she was barely able to keep herself alert in lessons. How could he have missed that? He mentally slapped himself when he realised her family situation. He knew that her family often pressured her, but he never bothered to show concern for her, thinking that it will blow off when she graduates.

                “I’m sorry Teach. I just… wasn’t thinking straight.” Jin Ah said, voice trembling. It was like he the student he knew was slowly coming back. Yunho nodded pathetically, this was all he could do. He helped her to stand up and they walked slowly away from the rooftop. He vowed that he would never abandon his students ever again.


Haish. This was really bad. Well, I wrote the draft for this during Math class (I've got to plan my writing time wisely). I hope that this was still acceptable.

I am currently working on my third chapter, Love or Infatuation. It'll be quite short, probably just a drabble. It'll be SHINee and f(x) again haha. Like I said, I love these two groups ^^

Thanks for reading~~

EDIT: Chapter 3 will be slightly different as I have received help from my friend(: Of course, some ideas will be mine but most of the credit would definitely go to her. ^^