Day Three - Love or Infatuation

20 Day Writing Challenge

Day Two - Love or Infatuation ft. Krystal (f(x)) and Minho (SHINee)

                

 

Krystal waltzed down the street, feeling excited and light on her feet. She peered into the window of almost every shop she walked (or more like skipped) by. She was out scouting for a job and was hoping to be able to find an enjoyable and reasonably paying job.

 

Krystal was tall, slim and had beautiful ivory-white skin. Her long brunette hair shone with health in the afternoon sun. She had beautiful almond-shaped eyes as clear as crystal, hence her name, and her angelic smile was like the cherry on top of a sundae. Her smile was warm like the first breath of spring after a cold winter, bright like the summer sun. Krystal walked with such grace that would make a deer look like an elephant. Her long, lean legs made her stride big yet elegant.

 

However, Krystal rarely saw herself this way. Even on her best days, where her beauty was at its best, she couldn't bring herself to feel this way about her appearance. She had hoped to be able to find a job without a stunning appearance, which she thought she didn't have, but was becoming less and less confident.

 

That is, until she saw a pretty little sign that said "Full/Part Timers Wanted!" hanging in the window of 'Mon Petit Café'. 'Mon Petit Café', which means 'My Little Café', was one of those cozy little cafés where you could just snuggle up with a cup of coffee with a friend and have heart-to-heart talks. It was a popular place amongst teens and young adults, especially couples. Krystal had always wanted to work at 'Mon Petit Café'. She had always walked past it every day after school. The calm and pleasant atmosphere is just the thing to lift your spirits if you're feeling down. Everyone enjoyed the atmosphere in 'Mon Petit Café'. The staffs were also very friendly and approachable, allowing Krystal to come to the conclusion that it would be very easy to work with them. Speaking of the staff, there was one person that made Krystal want to work at 'Mon Petit Café' more than anything else.

 

He had large round eyes you could stare into forever, and had the ability to look illegally hot and cute at the same time. He was lean and tall, standing at 181cm. He was quiet at times, but made up for it with his intense look, which was absolutely gorgeous. He was the fixation of many of the girls in the area, needless to say. He had a special place in Krystal's eyes; she thought she'd always seen him differently from the other mindless girls. He, was Minho. Minho was basically like a prince, so close yet so far, the object of every girl's desires, including Krystal’s. She wasn't very sure of how she felt about him though. Whenever she saw him, she felt her heart skip a beat, as cheesy as that might sound. But it was true. She sometimes thought it was a sign that she loved him, but often pushed away the thought because of the fact that they've never met. He didn't even know who she was, so how could she love him?

 

Krystal took a deep breath, straightened out her dress, ran her fingers through her hair and finally made her way into the café. She looked around and heaved a sigh of relief when there was no sign of Minho. She began to relax just a little. She wasn't sure of what she would've done had Minho been there. She spotted one of the ladies that worked as the counter girl at the café and approached her confidently.

 

"Hello unnie! I saw the sign in the window, and I want to apply for the job," said Krystal in her most cheerful and positive voice.

 

"Wow that's great! Just a moment please," replied the counter girl with the same friendly voice. She hurried to the back of the café to get an application form for Krystal. She emerged with a few papers, neatly stapled together. 

 

"My manager will be with you shortly, so in the mean time you can fill out this form," reported the counter girl when she returned. Krystal took the papers and went to sit down at an empty table in one of the corners of the café. 

 

Just then, Krystal heard the door bells chiming. Someone had come in. She turned to look, and there he was, in all his glorious beauty. She was surprisingly shocked, and felt electricity run up and down her spine. She didn't expect him to come in, since he wasn't already there when she arrived. She caught herself staring at him and immediately turned away.

 

"I hope he didn't see me," she thought to herself, feeling embarrassed when she imagined that he had. Then she allowed herself another glance. Luckily for her, he was walking towards the back.

 

"Phew, I guess he didn't see me," she heaved a sigh of relief. She quickly filled up the form and walked gracefully towards the counter. Her breath hitched when he saw Minho walking out with his neat uniform. His walk was like that of a model’s. It was confident and every step he made was perfect. Even in a white dress shirt, black pants and a black vest over, he still looked gorgeous. No, gorgeous was not the right word to describe the charismatic young man. Krystal could feel her insides churn and electricity running all over her body. She was almost paralyzed. Her eyes widened when Minho’s round eyes made contact with hers. She quickly turned away to face the counter. She touched her face, it felt hot. Her fair skin was replaced by shades of red and her delicate palms turned sweaty. Krystal could feel her legs tremble a little.

 

Minho raised his eyebrows before shrugging and continuing with his work. He took a towel and started to wipe an already clean table. Krystal snuck a glance at Minho and almost melted. He was absolutely gorgeous, even when he was just merely cleaning tables and collecting cups.
 

“Miss Krystal Jung!” The lady behind the counter called out. Krystal was so engrossed in admiring Minho’s good looks that she did not hear the lady. She turned to the counter and bowed her head apologetically. She was directed to the small office in the café to meet the manager. After meeting with the manager, Krystal was on cloud nine. The manager saw that she had fluent communication skills and was able to work in 'Mon Petit Café'. Being able to work in the café meant that she was able to see her prince every day. She thanked the manager profusely and skipped out of the small room.

When she reached home, she laid on her bed. Her beautiful and healthy hair was spread out neatly and she grinned like she had never grinned before. Krystal unleashed her insanity and screamed into her white pillow.
 

‘Is this what love is like?’ She thought to herself as she kicked her legs excitedly. Krystal had her doubts, but she pushed them aside, deciding that she wanted to live in this happiness. She would be working with Choi Minho, and that was all that mattered.
 

The next day, Krystal's alarm went off at 7am sharp. She rolled around in bed for awhile, and suddenly jumped up, realizing what day it was. It was her first day at her new job.

 

"I HAVE to make a good impression on my first day," she said to herself while looking into the mirror. After washing up, she picked out a lovely plain white top and a pair of blue skinny jeans. She dressed herself for comfort rather than appearance as she would be standing all day being the café's new waitress. She applied light makeup and pulled her long hair back into a high ponytail. She then glanced at her clock. 7.30am. She quickly made her way to the kitchen to grab a bite before slipping her feet into her ballet flats. In just five short minutes, she was out the door.

 

'Mon Petit Café' wasn't far from Krystal's house, much to her relief. She took a leisurely walk down to the café and arrived at 7.55am. Once again she straightened out her clothes before entering. The door bells jingled as she entered. Getting ready behind the counter was Minho. She took a deep breath to calm herself. Her palms turned sweaty before she could realize it.

 

"Relax, relax," she told herself. She tried to walk as confidently as she could, but ended up tripping over her own feet. She found herself on the floor staring blankly at her bag which was about a metre in front of her. She must have be so stunned and in shock, because the next thing she knew, Minho was standing right in front of her, her bag in his left hand and his right stretched out to her.

 

"Are you alright?" asked Minho in his deep, alluring voice. Krystal's mind went blank. Those were the first three words he had ever said to her, and they started to flood her mind. She was hypnotized by his gorgeous voice, the voice of an angel. After a few seconds, she snapped back into reality and saw Minho staring at her, still waiting for a response.

 

"I-I'm fine, th-thanks," stuttered Krystal. Though she was planning to reject his offer of help, she couldn't help but stare at his outstretched hand and wonder how it would feel. Would it be soft, firm or smooth?  

               

Suddenly, Minho took her hand and helped her back on her feet. He did it in one swift movement that she had to lean on him to prevent herself from falling back down to the ground. Right then, when she looked up to thank him, they made eye contact. It was so intense, much more intense than their first one. Krystal felt that she had to look away but neither one of them broke. They were really looking into each other's eyes. Krystal forced herself to break away, and then took her bag from Minho and thanked him quickly. She felt her blood rush to her cheeks and she quickly darted to the back area where she would leave her belongings while she worked.

 

She stood behind the door, leaning against it, away from the main café area. Her heart was practically about to jump out of her chest, and her cheeks were scarlet red. That brief moment where they made eye contact made Minho seem even more confident and sincere. 

 

"So this is what love feels like," she thought to herself. She imagined the days of them working together, and a smile crept onto her face. She quickly threw on the mandatory vest and made her way out to the main café area.  

 

Whether or not was this love or an infatuation, only time will tell.

 


 Whew, I'm finally done with this ^^

I would really like to thank my friend, Brey, for helping me out in this chapter! :D I'm really grateful!

I've already started with 'Ice', but to thank my friend I'll change the characters to Jjong and Minho! Haha, gotta go change some stuff and get it up tomorrow!

Oh and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR YAYYYYYYY~

Thanks for reading~~