Day Eight - Alone

20 Day Writing Challenge

Day 8 - Alone ft. Yoona (SNSD) and Hyunjoong (SS501)

This whole chapter is written by my best SHINee fangirling mate, Brey! ^^

Alone \ə-ˈlōn\: separated from others; isolated.

Lonely \ˈlōn-lē\: a feeling of bleakness or desolation.

Alone. Lonely. These two words seem very much alike, but are so different at the same time.

Yoona sat by her window sill, looking out into the distance. It was raining, and she felt her eyes stinging as she was trying to fight back tears. She remembered the times when she and her "soulmate" had so much fun playing in the cool rain. She remembered his sweet touch and his love for her, which she once believed was unconditional and irrevocable. She then felt the icy rivulets trickle down her face. She couldn't hold her tears back any longer. She longed for things to go back to the way they were before. She longed for everything to be all right again. She longed for him.

"Why, why, why did you have to go and do that?!" Yoona scolded herself. She blamed herself for everything that had happened, believing that the selfish choices she made a year ago caused everything to turn out this way. Although she did choose this path, it wasn't entirely her fault. He had let her go, but only because he loved her. Yoona would be returning home that day, back to where it all began. She still believed that he didn't want her anymore, that he couldn't care less if she returned or not. She was afraid of what might happen if she were to see him again.

Yoona was awoken by the rough turbulence caused by the landing of the aeroplane. She had finally arrived in Seoul, after a gruelling 15 hour flight. When the seatbelt sign had flickered off, she stood up and stretched her stiff muscles. Sitting for 15 hours was not the most comfortable thing to do. When more or less majority of the other passengers had cleared, she went to retrieve her hand luggage from the overhead compartment, and made her way out of the plane and to the immigration counters.

Once she had gone through immigration and had collected her luggage, she could finally relax and feel welcome relief that she was home once again. But relief soon turned into nervousness and anxiety. Yoona wanted to see him. So, so badly. But she couldn't help but think that he didn't want the same.

"He doesn't want you," she told herself, over and over again. She sighed and made her way out of the airport. Yoona then got into a cab and was on her way home. She bemoaned the fact that he was her neighbour of 5 years. She wasn't ready to see him even before stepping into her own house. She sighed and tried not to think of him, or anything related to him, the rest of the journey home. 

Hyunjoong was nervous. He wasn't the same person he was the very same morning. After hearing the news of Yoona's return after spending 1 year in the US, he was totally flabbergasted. At first, he didn't know how he felt about her return, he didn't know what to say. But after awhile, after letting reality sink in, he realised that he was really happy to be able to see her again, ecstatic even.

"Oh, how I've missed her," he thought to himself.

"But did she miss me? Does she want to see me like I want to see her?" Hyunjoong continued asking himself these questions over and over. True, she was the one that broke up with him to pursue her dream of being a singer and an actress. True, she was the one who wanted to leave. However, Hyunjoong clung onto that small chance that she did want him back.

Hyunjoong was pulled back to reality when he heard a car door slam shut.

"She's back!" Hyunjoong exclaimed in his head. He was so excited to see her, but he was also apprehensive. He wondered what would happen if he were to go up to her and talk to her like nothing had happened. Would she answer back in the same friendly, cheerful tone she used with him before? Or would she give him the silent treatment, the cold shoulder? He decided to wait till she was more settled in before he talked to her

As Yoona stepped out of the cab, she looked around the familiar scene of her neighbourhood. She turned to her house; almost everything was the same, except the different flowers that grew in their garden. Her mother was a wonderful gardener, and Yoona always loved watching her mother working in her garden as her mother always looked so happy, doing what she loved to do. Yoona then looked over at the house to the left of hers. She quickly turned away and ran to her own house as she caught a few tears escaping her eyes. She couldn't risk anyone, especially him, seeing her like that, weak and vulnerable. The Yoona they expected to see was a strong and independent lady, not a heartbroken girl.

Yoona unpacked her belongings lifelessly. She was just going through the motions. When her parents had welcomed her home, she faked a smile, even though she was genuinely happy to see them again. She couldn't smile at a time like this, she just couldn't. She wanted to be happy again, but she didn't know how to be without him. That night, Yoona felt so lonely and helpless. She loved finally being at home, and she was happy to finally be able to see her parents again, but home was just not home without him by her side. She ended up crying herself to sleep. 

The next morning, she rose with puffy, red eyes.

"Aigoo, how can I go out looking like this? Pabo, how can you sleep right after crying so much?!" She scolded herself for letting herself cry to sleep. She had plans to go out with some of her friends to do some catching up, but how could she face them looking like that? She decided that she couldn't disappoint her friends and applied make up to help make her eyes seem less puffy. 

"That will have to do," she sighed. Just as she was finishing up, the doorbell rang. She jumped up when she looked at her clock. She hadn't realised it was so late, and realised that her friends must already be at the door waiting for her. She quickly grabbed her bag and flitted downstairs. She opened the door, expecting to see her friends. 

However, instead of her friends, there stood a figure that was all too familiar. Long lean legs, perfectly toned body, beautiful angel-like featured face. It was Hyunjoong, and he'd come to see Yoona.

Yoona was literally rooted to the ground with shock. Why was he here? What did he want? Was he looking for me? Questions swam around in Yoona's head. The two of them stood face to face at the doorway for a solid 1 minute, not speaking. 

"Um, hi," said Hyunjoong, the first to break the silence. 

"Hi," replied Yoona. She blushed slightly, unable to contain her emotions.

"How have you been? I've really missed you," confessed Hyunjoong, in his cool and alluring voice. Yoona was shocked when she heard what he said.

"I've missed you too," replied Yoona slowly. She felt her cheeks become hot. She looked down, hoping Hyunjoong wouldn't see her scarlet red cheeks.

"I've been lonely," confessed Yoona shyly. She was still staring at her feet and the ground in front of her. She once again felt her cheeks dampen with tears. Then, she felt a warm, soft hand wipe those tears away. Hyunjoong placed his hand under her chin, and lifted her head, such that she was now facing him.

"I'm not sure what happened before, and I'm not sure why it happened," Hyunjoong started.

"I've been lonely too, without you," he continued.

"But even though you've been feeling lonely, you were never really alone," Hyunjoong finished, and Yoona had a confused look on her face.

"I was thinking of you the entire time, thinking of whether you were okay, and thinking of being with you. So you were never alone," Hyunjoong spoke with such sincerity and sweetness that made Yoona cry even more. She burst into tears, and the tears came flooding down her face. Hyunjoong wrapped his arms around her, comforting her. He crooned to her, saying everything will be all right.

At that moment, when their two bodies where intertwined, Yoona knew that everything really was going to be all right. She knew everything would be sorted out and she knew that Hyunjoong would be with her, now and always.

Yoona knew that she would never, ever be alone. 


To Brey♥ :

*bows 120 degrees down* I am forever grateful to you Aubrey! Your help in my challenge is much appreciated. Gahhhh! I shall write more Jjong, Minho, Hyunjoong (even though I don't really know him hehe), Krystal and Yoona fics for you! Just name what's your bias in the different groups :D

Sigh, I shall start reading more and improve on my English and writing so I can be as good as my friend over here :D /runs off to the library at this hour

School is starting tomorrow.... I'm not done with my 8 pages worth of CW research and my math graph yet. And I won't have much time to write for the next few days. But, I must survive. I MUST. GOOO!

Anyways, thanks for reading~