Day Fourteen - Battle

20 Day Writing Challenge

Day 14 - Battle ft. Amber (f(x)) and Key (SHINee)

Note: Key's real name will be used in this story.

“Geez, you guys are still at ‘war’?” Krystal rolled her eyes and sipped on her cup of warm latte. She stared at her friend, Amber, not amused.

“It’s not my fault!” Amber defended herself. It has been almost a week since she and Kibum quarreled. She tucked her hair behind her ear and slurped on her iced coffee angrily.

“No seriously,” Krystal shot Amber her cold look. “Love is not a battle. No one needs to win.” She took out her black phone and tapped away. Amber presumed that she was texting her boyfriend and leaned against the couch, staring into space.

“I don’t get you!” Amber snapped at Kibum. He had his hands on his hips, obviously annoyed. He sat down on his sofa, arms crossed.

“What do you not get?” He asked coldly, voice much deeper and huskier than usual. He had had enough of his girl.

“One moment you treat me with affection, like I’m some goddamn princess, and then for the next few days you ignore me completely!” Amber raised her voice, and she could feel hot tears her eyes. Never once had she quarreled with Kibum like this before.

“I’m not ignoring you.” He replied as calmly as he could. Kibum did not make any eye contact with Amber. He was burning with anger, for what he does not know.

“Then what?”

“Just distancing myself from you. 

Amber hugged her bag tightly as she continued staring into space. Krystal gestured that she’ll go to the ladies’ and Amber sighed. She figured that her friend is going to the toilet to have sweet chat sessions with her prince charming, while she was stuck there with a grey cloud over her head. ‘Love is not a battle… whatever. He started it.’

She looked up and saw a familiar figure walk into the tiny coffee house. Their eyes made contact and she tensed up instantly. The man rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands in his jean pocket. He slowly made his way past the tables towards Amber.

‘K-Kibum?’ Amber was surprised. Kibum sat on the couch opposite Amber, neither of them speaking a word. Instantly, they knew that it was Krystal who set them up. Kibum hesitated for a few minutes before clearing his throat.

“So,” He began. He ruffled his hair and bit his bottom lip. Since he started, he can’t stop. “About last week…”

Amber remained silent.

“I…” Kibum was fighting an internal war, whether to be the first one to apologize. It took him days to realize that they could not just go on like this, without one of them losing in this cold war.

“I’m sorry.” The two said together. A small smile crept onto their faces, a first in days. Kibum played with his couple ring for a while. If he wanted her, he’ll have to say it.

“I… just saw that you were close to Henry and the Henry and the rest… so…” He trailed off, causing Amber to break out into fits of giggles. She tried to make eye contact with her boyfriend, who was staring at the floor, face red.

“So you’re jealous?” She teased. Amber pinched her boyfriend’s cheeks and said in a voice usually used when talking to babies, “Aw, my little fox is jealous! Admit it, admit it!”

He shoved her hand away and they broke into laughter. That was how their battle ended. There was no clear winner or loser. It was a give and take.


GAHHH. I need to work out my posting times.

I decided to skip Beautifully Imperfect as I wanted my story to flow better. I'll probably post Beautifully Imperfect some other day. 'Dignity' will be somewhat similar to this, but another couple will be featured, and it's not going to be a love story.

I'm getting really sick these days (Life of a Sec 4 student with low immune system, what do you expect?), so my stories will be rather short. Mianhae~

Thanks for reading~