Day Ten - Hands

20 Day Writing Challenge

Day 10 - Hands ft. Luna (f(x)) and Onew

With one last note, their duet ended. Luna smiled as she sighed contentedly. Their duet was doing better than expected. She was sure that the upcoming musical to celebrate the school’s 50th anniversary would be a success. She looked over at her partner, Onew, who was busy packing up the score sheets and cleaning up the area. When he looked up from whatever he was doing, he too smiled, showing his charming smile. Finally, their practice has ended. Onew checked the time on his phone and was shocked to see that it was already 10.30pm. The two walked out of the school and breathed in the fresh cool air.

Outside the gate, Luna bid farewell to Onew and walked in the direction of her home. Just before taking a step towards the bus stop, he turned around and ran after Luna. He heard that the road behind the school recently had cases of gang fights, making it dangerous for her to walk home alone. Luna was surprised to see Onew walking right beside her and asked, “What are you doing, sunbaenim (senior)?”

Onew flashed his smile again and replied, “I just remembered that my friend got into trouble at the road at the back of the school so…” Luna was touched by his gesture. That was what she loved about him. Onew was always considerate towards his peers, and she had sometimes heard that he would extend his kindness even to strangers. Ever since she had heard his beautiful soft voice in the school musical last year, she had him on her mind every day. 2 months back, she found herself auditioning to be part of the upcoming musical, and scored herself a duet piece with Onew. She was grateful to the teachers who allocated her with the angelic senior everyone wants to be friends with. Luna had kept the secret of liking him to herself as she was contented to just be with him.

As they neared Luna’s house, Onew grew anxious. He was hesitant whether or not to do what he wanted to do, as he was afraid of what might come after. Onew found his palms starting to break out in cold sweat. His heartbeat was accelerating with every passing second, and the butterflies in his stomach were ready to fly out any minute there. After an internal battle, Onew finally made his decision.

Without a word, he wrapped his beautiful fingers around Luna’s hand, taking her by surprise. Luna was so shocked by Onew’s gesture that she was completely speechless. Onew pretended as if nothing has happened and continued walking. Luna thought that it was a dream and pinched her cheeks. It hurt, which meant that this was no dream. Reality started to sink in, and a smile crept onto Luna’s face. A simple hand holding told her so much.

Luna adjusted her fingers so that she would feel comfortable. As the two walked down the alleyway which led to Luna’s house, their hands were tightly locked together. Luna started to swing their hands back and forth, playing like a little girl. Onew chuckled at the sight. Luna was so happy and in love that even he felt that way. He played along with her and occasionally gave her hand a squeeze, which caused her to melt each time. A simple gesture like holding hands was enough for the two to feel their love for one another. Even the little eye contacts they made, the little sounds that came out of their mouths and even their synchronized footsteps showed how happy they are. At that moment, it was as if nothing wrong would ever happen to them ever again.

Everything has its goodbye, and soon Luna reached her doorstep. She was reluctant to let go, but she knew that after today, nothing will be the same again. No words were exchanged, but with just a simple physical contact, it spoke their minds. It was their confession for one another, and it was sweeter than saying the overly used “I love you”. Onew patted her head and mouthed “Goodbye” before leaving.

That was how their love story started. No words exchanged, just with the use of their hands.


Happy Valentines' Day! ♥

Pretty sad my current boyfriend = my homework. Sad life of a Secondary 4 student): I was supposed to write two couples, but then I changed my mind. A simple love story would be enough, don't you think? Lunew is one of my favourite shining effects couple. They're so cute together haha^^ You could just see the love in Onew's eyes when he looks at her! GAHHH! *fangirling mode*

Okay, shall start on homework now until midnight): Annyeong...

Thanks for reading~