First Meeting

It All Started as an Act

It was finally the day of my first meeting with my 'husband', and I was so nervous. Tris was with me in the van that the WGM staff sent, and she was blabbering on about something. I wasn't really listening until she poked me.

"Yah, aren't you listening to what I've been saying?"

"Huh?"

"I said, the members and I figured out your mission. If you like him, or are happy with who you have as a husband, we want you to grab his hand somehow. I don't care how! Act like you're falling if you have to. Just grab his hand."

I blushed just thinking about it. Back in the U.S, this was no big deal, people held hands every day. But this was Korea--usually you don't show that much skinship. Plus, I don't think any couple had ever held hands on their first meeting on WGM. Khuntoria maybe? I wasn't sure--they'd been on a few years back, and honestly I had more important things to do than think about past WGM couples--focusing on my schedules, for example.

But I was never one to give up. I'm competitive and determined like that. So I'd do it.

" 'Kay."

We finally arrived, and it was the MBC building. Tris and I exchanged a "fighting!" and a smile, and then I got out of the van with my bag.

Honestly, I'd dressed up for the occasion. I wore my favorite gray blouse with black jeans, and black boots with a tiny heel--about one inch--you know, just in case my husband turned out to be outrageously tall. I was actually just ridiculously short--5'1, but I was used to everyone being so much taller than me. Anyway, I paired that with a long black coat, and I'd specifically told my stylist to make my brown hair look wavy, but in a natural-looking way. Then I'd clipped my bangs back, and I chose my favorite pair of glasses--black, and I thought they suited me best. Overall, I hoped my husband liked it. I took a deep breath and walked into the building, preparing myself for whoever happened to be my husband for the next year, about.

I saw a tall blond guy in front of me. He had his back turned to me, but he was wearing a long black coat, black pants, black Converse, and had a blue-gray backpack on. Since I saw cameras and some staff standing by him, I figured he must be my husband. I finally reached him, and he must have heard me; he turned around.

The staff nodded at me.

I gave a 90-degree bow and introduced myself. "Hello, I am Sky High's Tina. Nice to meet you."

He did the same. "Hello, I am B.A.P's Daehyun. Nice to meet you."

Wait, did he just say that he was Daehyun? This can't be true. What? Really? Omo!

He went back up from his bow and I looked at his face. Yes, most definitely he was B.A.P's Daehyun. My one and total bias in the group, and my "ideal guy." The one I'd had a crush on since....well, forever. And we were matching--he even had black glasses on (the fake kind, of course. Unlike mine, which I actually needed to see.)

He gave a small, shy smile. "Um, should we go somewhere?"

I realized I was still staring at him and felt myself blush. "Oh, uh, yeah! Where do you want to go?"

He scratched his head lightly. "Uhh...are you hungry? I just came from a schedule, so..."

Well, to be honest, I wasn't that hungry; it was almost 9:00 pm, but it wasn't like I was going to say no. "Sure, what did you want to eat?"

"I don't know, some ramen maybe? I think there's a shop that sells really good ramen somehwere around here."

"Okay then. Let's go."

We walked out of the building and he led the way. There were a bunch of cameras following us, and some staff too. They made me feel a little bit self-concious, the way I always felt around cameras even though I knew I should be used to it by now--I was part of an idol group, after all.

The awkwardness between Daehyun and I didn't help things, either. I swear, I could feel the tension. It made me want to say something, anything, to end the silence, but of course I knew I was most likely just going to blabber nonsense anyway.

Daehyun cleared his throat. "So, um....Tina-ssi, I think we should get to know more about each other."

So obviously I wasn't the only one feeling the awkwardness. "Yeah, I think so too." I gave a small laugh. "Back in the U.S, we used to do these kinds of things at school, to help the students get rid of the awkwardness."

"What kind of things?" He was looking at me. 

No, stop it, he's NOT staring at you. It's normal for him to be looking at you if you're talking.

I felt myself blushing anyway, and was glad it was dark outside. "Lots of things, but I think we should just each ask each other 5 questions, any questions, that we want to know about the other. And the other has to answer honestly."

"Sounds good," he said, opening the door for me since we'd arrived. We went to an empty table and he pulled a chair out for me to sit down on, and then he sat down. He has great manners...hehe. Wait, no, stop. What are you thinking?

"I'll go first, then," I told him as he scanned the menu. "Umm...what's your favorite color?"

"Black," he replied almost instantly. "This isn't one of the questions, but what do you want to eat?"

"Oh, anything's fine."

"Okay," he looked at me and smiled. Then he went to go order food.

And left me blushing and my heart beating fast. I told myself to calm down.

He returned and kept looking at me. "Uh, so what's your favorite color?"

"Blue," I answered, snapped out of my mini-trance. "All shades, I like all shades of blue." WHAT am I blabbering on about? Ugh. He's gonna think I'm weird... =_=

But he just grinned at me, and we continued our little game until the food came. He dug in, and I ate my food slowly, trying to make as little of a mess as possible. I didn't want his first impression of me to be a slob.

When we were done, he took out his wallet and started to get up. "Wait, no, I can pay," I told him, feeling uncomfortable. I usually didn't let other people pay for anything I bought, and if they did, I always paid them back. 

"No, I should pay," he insisted. "I'm the guy. And no guy lets his wife pay on their first date." He gave me a smile and walked up to the counter to pay for the food. And not surprisingly, I was blushing. Again. 

We walked on the streets, in silence. At least it wasn't that awkward silence this time. I was surprised when he spoke up. "We should do something to make this first meeting memorable. I don't know, go shopping and buy something couple-y?"

"That sounds good," I blurted with an embarrassed smile, "Something couple-y."

We headed to the mall. By then I'd rather gotten used to the staff and cameras following us around everywhere, and I was able to ignore them for the most part. Daehyun pointed out a shop and I nodded, agreeing.

It was a cute shop, really. They were filled with cute little trinkets and phone charms, plus what we were looking for--couple-y stuff. Shirts, rings, cups, socks,  headbands, you name it. "Oh, this is cute~!" I cried as I spotted a pair of couple rings. They were exactly the same, with a silver band that said "Forever" on one and "Together" on the other.

"Oohhhh~ It IS cute," he marveled. Then he looked at me with a huge grin on his face. "We should buy this, and agree to wear this every day!"

I smiled back. I swear, for a guy who's so charismatic on stage, he can be so cute sometimes. This time I insisted on paying, reason being that I'm a really fair and straightforward person; he'd paid for dinner, so I was going to pay for these. Plus, the food must've cost more anyway. He tried to argue but gave up in the end after seeing how determined I was.

We continued exploring the mall's various shops and ooh'ed and ahh'ed over different things. It certainly felt like that total awkwardness between Daehyun and me disappeared a significant amount. Eventually the staff signaled to us that filming was going to wrap up, so we decided to walk back to the MBC building.

A silence had settled over us again, but not awkward; more like that companionable silence you sometimes get with your friends. I was happy with our first meeting and with who was my husband when I realized--the mission! I'd totally forgotten all about it, and somehow I was going to have to hold his hand. Well, I certainly wasn't going to just grab it out of nowhere, and I vaguely remembered Tris saying something about having to act like I was falling if necessary. Well then. Here goes....

"WAHH~!" I screamed as I slipped on a rather large area of ice and flailed my arms, trying to regain balance. So much for faking it. The moment I was looking for a convenient spot to pretend to fall, I actually fell. Would you just believe my luck? -_-"

In the split second that I was I was sure that I was going to fall, that no amount of luck could save me, I felt something grab my hand. "Are you okay?" Daehyun asked me, looking concerned...but something in his eyes told me he was amused.

I felt another blush coming up. I was sure my entire face was scarlet. "Uhh....I....yes, thank you," I stammered.

I hadn't realized it, but Daehyun was still holding me up--if he happened to let go, I would've fallen back. He pulled me back up and I stood. "You should be careful, the streets are really slippery and icy in winter," he informed me as he switched places with me so that I was now on the inner side of the sidewalk.

"Yes, I...thank you. Hehe, I'm pretty clumsy," I looked at the ground.

And then I realized we were still holding hands. He hadn't let go yet. I felt another blush creep its way onto my face. We passed by a store with bright lights, and I think he looked at my face, because he asked, "Are you okay? Your face is really red."

Oh, God. Really? Can I just go and bang my head on that wall over there really quick?

But I just laughed slightly. "Yes, I'm fine, thanks."

Way too quickly, we reached the MBC building and he let go of my hand. "Cut!" the PD called, and we thanked the staff for their hard work. "But wait! Don't leave yet!" the PD yelled at us. "The private interviews!"

Daehyun went first, and then came back. He gave me a 90-degree bow and thanked me for my hard work. Being in shock, I responded automatically--did the same thing to him. I watched his as he left the building, then came in for my turn.

The PD gave me a smile and pointed towards a chair. I sat down, and he read the first question off of his paper. "How did you feel your first meeting went?"

I shifted a bit in my seat. "Uhh...I think it was good. I was happy." I gave a bright smile. "I liked it--I get the feeling that Daehyun-ssi is very nice, and caring, and can be protective of me."

"Were you happy when you found out who your husband was?"

I nodded. "Yes, I was very happy and satisfied."

"When you filled out the application, 'B.A.P's Daehyun' was one of the names you wrote down, right?"

I blushed. "Uh...yes." I looked down.

"Do you have any hopes for next week's filming?"

"Uh....I'm not really hoping for anything next week, just for the awkwardness between us to go away, I guess. But I think it's normal for us to be somewhat awkward with each other, since..well, isn't it always awkward at first?" I laughed.

The PD nodded and smiled at me, then turned around and yelled, "CUT!"

I stood up and thanked the PD and staff again, then headed outside where I saw my manager waiting in the car. I got in, and he drove me back to the dorm.

Once I was in bed, I raised my hand in front of my face and admired my new ring, which read "Together." All the other members were already sleeping. I smiled and went to sleep.