Mixed Messages

It All Started as an Act

"Dae oppa, do you know where we're going?"

It was mid-June. Currently we were in a car that the staff had told us to get on, and so we did. I was looking out the window as we whizzed by on the highway.

Daehyun shrugged. "I don't know."

When the car finally pulled to a stop, we got out and looked around. I realized that they had driven us to the beach. As the fact sank in, I squealed and started jumping up and down. "Oppa! We're at the beach! I haven't been to one in forever!"

He grinned. "Ah, it feels nice, being at the beach on such a warm and sunny day."

"I know, the wind is blowing just right, too. Not too strong, but enough to feel it blowing."

We took our shoes off and strolled through the sand to the place where the water met the sand. I was really glad that I had decided to wear what I had that day--baby blue shorts and a navy blue t-shirt. I shaded my eyes and looked out, admiring the scenery, when I was splashed from head to toe with water. Wiping my face dramatically slowly, I glared at Daehyun. "Oppa, you are going to pay for that. Hehehehe~" I said, and proceeded to run towards him, where he was standing knee-deep in water.

We had a water fight that resulted in the two of us panting, out of breath, and completely soaked through. At one point I had pushed him into the water, and he'd pulled me down right along with him. My heart beat increased about tenfold, but we came up coughing and holding hands.

After a few hours, the sun was setting, and Daehyun and I were sitting side-by-side on some rocks that we'd climbed up on. Staring into the horizon, Daehyun asked, "So, have you heard what some fans are calling us?"

"Yeah, the 'Candy Couple'."

"I like it. The fans said it was because we're extremely sweet, and yet like candy they never get bored of it. And plus, candy is edible. I like edible things."

I rested my head on his shoulder. After a few hours at the beach simply playing and enjoying ourselves, I was tired. "I know. The fans are so thoughtful."

We sat in peaceful silence for a while, simply admiring the view before us, when Daehyun spoke. "Hey, can I try something?"

With my head still on his shoulder, I answered, "What, oppa?"

He cleared his throat. "I wanted to call you jagiya once. Since, you know, we're married and everything."

"But if we're married, shouldn't you technically be calling me yeobo?"

"Eh, jagiya sounds nicer. Jagiya~"

"Oppa~" I replied in a teasing tone, but my face was burning. I was sure it was beet red.

He chuckled quietly. "I like it."

I sat up and gave him a cheesy smile. "Oppa saranghaeyooooo~~~~~~~~"

He laughed outright. "My wife can be so cute at times."

I blushed and looked away. "So can my husband." An idea came to my head. I looked back at him. "Hey, oppa, you should do some aegyo for me sometime."

Daehyun made a face and groaned. "Aegyo? I have no aegyo."

"Psh, that's what all guys say. Come on, I'm sure you have some in you."

"Nope. No aegyo."

"Please~"

"No."

"Pleeeaaasee~~" I was about this close to using aegyo on him myself.

He sighed. "Fine, I will. On your birthday."

"But that's months from now!" I cried indignantly.

"Hehehe~ so you can juse wait until then."

I made a face at him and stood up. "It's late, oppa, we should probably go now."

He got up too and took my hand. "Let's go then."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was at my dorm with the members and had just showered when I noticed my phone. I was on the bed, simply relaxing, since I had no schedule for once. My phone's beep alerted me to the fact that I had a text. I sighed and reached over to grab it, expecting it to have been my mom, asking if I had eaten, or showered, or something like that. Instead, to my surprise, it was from Dae Oppa.

And it was a video message.

I sat up and clicked to play the video.

Daehyun was apparently filming this himself, but I could hear the B.A.P members in the background of the video, shouting things at him. He'd probably just showered too, since his hair seemed wet.

"Uh, hello, Tina-ssi. I know this is probably weird and strange and everything, but the reason why I'm sending this video is because I was playing a game with the B.A.P members, and I lost. I had to do what they told me to do, and they told me to make a video and send it to my wife, uh, you, so here it is. Please don't be creeped out or anything like that."

He fidgeted a little and cleared his throat, then looked back at the camera.

"They told me to make this video at least 3 minutes long. So far it's been...30 seconds...so I guess I could either rant about something for the next few minutes, or sing you a song. But I think I sing to you enough, whenever we meet, so I'll just talk about something. I'm sorry if this is really boring or if you're just thinking, 'what is this?' but just bear with me, please?

"So, I've been thinking these past few days. On the show, set, while we're filming. We're really close and there's almost no awkwardness, but then the filming stops and suddenly we're a little bit more distant. Which makes sense. I'm just wondering, why is that? Is there something about the fact that it's a show and we're being filmed that make us act completely close? Or is it because no one's filming us, and there's just the two of us and a crowd of people, that makes it awkward again?"

He laughed a little.

"Actually, I think I'm getting too philosophical. I'm sorry. You must be sitting there thinking, 'what is this guy going on and on about?' I'm sorry. But hey, it's almost 3 minutes, so just hang on a little longer. So I'll tell you about the second part of the task they gave me. They said you have to send a reply video message that's at least 2 minutes long, or else I fail and I have to go do some other weird task." He sighed. "I'm really sorry for dragging you into this. But hey, if I can talk at a camera for 3 minutes, then you can do 2 minutes right? Anyway, please just send a reply. Thanks!"

The video ended.

And I realized I was grinning and blushing like an idiot. Or a fangirl in general. I decided that yes, I would send a reply video. I chose the camera application from my phone and made sure my hair wasn't too messy. I clicked the record button.

"Uhh...hi, Daehyun-ssi. Since you were so nice as to explain and apologize for all that, I decided to help you out." I laughed rather awkwardly. "Let's just pretend that me talking to a camera by myself isn't weird or awkward at all. Okay, so anyway, to answer all your musings, I think the reason there's less tension when filming is because we know it's all a show anyway. When the cameras are off, we're just two people brought together through a show. We would probably grow closer over time, but for now, when there's no camera, it's just us and a bunch of other people as onlookers for what we do. I don't know about you, but it seems...very...not private. It's probably not that strange that we feel awkward.

"Haha, look at me, getting all deep about such a topic. Anyway, it's been...a minute and a half. I just have to talk for 30 more seconds...so, getting back to what I was saying earlier, we actually don't talk that much when we're not filming, do we? I think we should at least try to talk more, oppa. Haha. So...it's past 2 minutes. Good luck with whatever game you're playing, if you're still playing. Daehyun oppa fighting! Oh, and Candy Couple fighting! Hehe~" I waved at the camera and stopped the video, and sent it.

I put the phone down and buried my face in my hands. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I'd just received a video message from Daehyun, my all-time crush since years ago, even if it was just a punishment for losing some game. And I couldn't believe what I'd just said to him, either. Maybe he would think I was weird, suggesting we try to talk more when he maybe didn't want to. I groaned inwardly. Great. That might just cause more awkwardness between us.

My phone beeped again. This time it was just a text. "Thanks! Yes, we should probably talk more, it might help with the awkwardness. Anyway it's late, good night Tina-ssi~ ^^"

I grinned at my phone and texted him back good night, and fell asleep still smiling.

 

A/N: Whoo! They're texting each other video messages now, ooh~ what's going to happen next?

Anyway, I'm so sorry for not updating, I swear it's like teachers are thinking, "I must give homework and projects left and right so my students have no free time." So I'm really sorry. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I love you all, my subscribers. Ya'll are beautiful people~