Flashback

It All Started as an Act

*Daehyun POV, First Meeting*

So, I'd found out that I had been casted for We Got Married two weeks ago. My fellow members had teased me endlessly about it, guessing on and on who I would be paired with ever since we'd gotten the package. Based on the letter that my 'wife' had written, she sounded like a cheerful and cute type--which was perfect, because that was secretly my ideal type.

It was finally the day for our first meeting, and I dressed to impress: all black--because according to the fans' feedback, I looked great in black--and a pair of black frames to go with it. I nodded at my relfection in the mirror, and headed into the van. Unfortunately, all the members were in there too.

"OHOHO, our Daehyun is looking good~~" Himchan hooted.

Youngjae raised his eyebrows at me and gave me a grin. "All black, eh?"

I laughed at him, preoccupied about this first meeting, while all the members laughed and joked at my expense. When the car stopped at the location of their next schedule, they all got out of the car. "Hey, hyung," Zelo called. "We came up with a mission for you. You know how some of those couples on the show had things they had to do?"

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, well, we decided you should hold her hand if you like her. Remember!" he shouted as the other members dragged him away in order to keep from being late.

We reached the MBC building. I got out and checked my watch--15 minutes early. Satisfied, I started chatting with the staff, waiting for my wife to arrive.

Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me and saw the staff nodding to someone. I turned around and there she was--my "wife" for the next year or so. Dark medium-length brown hair, and, I was happy to see, shorter than me. Her head was about 1 inch below my shoulder. To be honest, it didn't really matter, but years with Zelo and his immense height made me glad to see a person shorter than me.

She gave a 90-degree bow towards me and introduced herself. "Hello, I am Sky High's Tina. Nice to meet you."

Well, the staff sure knows how to pair up people. Ever since Sky High had debuted about a year ago, I'd had my eye on the group--well, especially Tina. I was impressed with their debut stage; their image was fierce, yet innocent and pure at the same time. I liked that about them. I especially enjoyed Tina's parts in their songs. She was a rapper and I loved her uniqueness and originality, the way her voice fit in with the others so well. And, well, she was cute.

Snapping out of it, I hurried to do the same. I bowed and said, "Hello, I am B.A.P's Daehyun. Nice to meet you."

Once I stood up straight again, our eyes met. Yep, I was happy. I just hope my face wasn't giving a stupid grin or something equally embarrassing. Anyway, I figured we should go somewhere or do something. And I was really, really hungry, even though I'd just eaten back at the dorm. Suddenly shy, I tried to give her a smile. "Um, should we go somewhere?"

I think I saw her blush...maybe it was just my imagination. "Oh, uh, yeah! Where do you want to go?"

I scratched the back of my head. I was hungry, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was some sort of slob or eating machine or anything like that. "Uhh...are you hungry? I just came from a schedule, so..." Which was techinally the truth. I had come from a schedule--and then I went back to the dorm and ate, and got ready for this.

The look on her face said no, but instead of saying so, she told me, "Sure, what did you want to eat?"

I appreciated that. I've no idea why, but I'm constantly hungry. Heck, even the fans know and give me food as gifts all the time. At the moment, though, I was craving some good ramen, and luckily, I knew a good place close by. "I don't know, some ramen maybe? I think there's a shop that sells really good ramen somewhere around here."

She agreed, and we went out of the building. I led the way, and the members' mission came back to me. I tried to figure out how I would possibly hold her hand without seeming like I was some creep. Still pondering this, I realized we were almost to our destination. Now, I imagine I wasn't the only one sensing the awkwardness between us and hated it. I cleared my throat. "So, um...Tina-ssi, I think we should get to know more about each other."

As soon as the words left my mouth I wanted to smack myself. It could be interpreted wrong in so many ways, and if she did, she might think I was a creep, a ert, or something worse. And I really hated the way it sounded so formal and awkward.

But she only nodded slightly as she said, "Yeah, I think so too. Back in the U.S., we used to do these kinds of things at school, to help the students get rid of the awkwardness."

Relief coursed through me as she said that. Nothing was misinterpreted. And I couldn't seem to stop staring at her. "What kind of things?"

Again I wanted to hit myself in the head. Could I sound any more inarticulate? But I think I saw her blush again. She's so cute. Hey, wait, no, stop, Daehyun. No. She looked back at me. "Lots of things, but I think we should just each ask each other 5 questions, any questions, that we want to know about the other. And the other has to answer honestly."

"Sounds good," I agreed and opened the door for her, then chose a table and pulled out a chair for her to sit before sitting down myself. I grabbed a menu and scrutinized it while Tina told me she would go first.

"What's your favorite color?" she asked me.

"Black," I answered. "This isn't one of the questions, but what do you want to eat?"

"Oh, anything's fine."

So she's not a picky eater. Good. "Okay." I gave her a smile, then went to the counter to order. When I returned, her cheeks were slightly pink. Then I realized I was acting weird and staring at her, so I asked, "Uh, what's your favorite color?"

"Blue, all shades, I like all shades of blue."

Haha, really though, so cute.

I smiled at her, and the food came, so I dug in. I noticed she was barely eating anything, but then again, she hadn't looked like she really wanted to eat earlier anyway. The food was soon gone, and I got up to pay. She tried to stop me. "Wait, no, I can pay."

She looked so uncomfortable I wanted to laugh. But I insisted on paying. "No, I should pay. I'm the guy. And no guy lets his wife pay on their first date."

We decided to go to the mall. Her cute nature continued to show itself, and we ended up buying a pair of couple rings. I felt the awkwardness between us ease somewhat.

It was really dark outside by the time we walked back to the MBC building, and I was still trying to figure out how to grab her hand without seeming weird. Suddenly I heard Tina scream. "WAHH!" I looked over and saw her slipping on a rather large patch of ice. Luckily, my brain worked again, and I grabbed her hand. Oh, wow. Hey. Just my luck, huh? I try to find a way to grab her hand, and I grab her hand out of instinct to stop her from falling. I'm awesome ^.^v

"Are you okay?" I tried to contain my urge to laugh by looking concerned.

It didn't help when her whole face turned red as she stammered, "Uhh...I...yes, thank you."

I pulled her back up and switched sides to make sure she didn't fall again--still holding her hand, of course. "You should be careful, the streets are really slippery and icy in winter."

She looked at the ground. "Yes, I...thank you. Hehe, I'm pretty clumsy."

I sneaked a glance over at her and noticed her face was still scarlet. Just to make sure she wasn't sick or something, I asked, "Hey, are you okay? Your face is really red."

"Yes, I'm fine, thanks," she told me as she turned her face away from me. We reached the MBC building and the PD yelled, "CUT!"

They called me in for the private interview.

The PD gave me a hehe-we-know-you-how'd-you-enjoy-it look, complete with an evil/michievous grin. "So, what did you think of your first meeting?"

"I liked it. I think it went pretty well, but there's still...awkwardness...between us."

"Are you happy with who your wife is?"

"Yes."

"She was one of the names you wrote down, right?"

What kind of questions were these? Was he trying to get me embarrassed? "Uh...yes."

He asked me a series of questions after that, and then I was done. I gave a 90-degree bow to Tina and thanked her for her hard work--which I immediately regretted, since it gave the impression that there was still a lot of awkwardness--and left to go back to the dorm. I was honestly tired.

Once back, the last thing I saw before I crashed on my bed was the ring on my hand, which read "Forever".

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating in so long! I've been busy and stuff came up, so...yeah.

Anyway, this is really late, but Happy Valentine's Day! ....over a week later, haha. But hey, it's really never late to celebrate, right? Right. *forever aloner here*

So, uh, you guys better have all watched One Shot. If you haven't, go do it. Now. And if you have, well, watch it again, it's just that amazing. =)

Thanks for subscribing, to my subscribers, and that one comment. The first one! Yay, it made me happy. So, comment! Tell me what you think! Because for the longest time nobody commented and I was worried that you hated this story or something. =(

As for the ACTUAL note: I decided to try Daehyun's POV, which I actually planned to do right after the first chapter, but I kind of got swept up in the plotline. I had SO much fun writing this, haha. I might do one again in the future, but I'm not sure yet. It's really a pain having to make sure all the dialogue is the same. That's kind of why I sort of skipped the whole mall scene.

ANYWAY, comment! ^o^v