Overseas Date

It All Started as an Act

I was with the Sky High members, backstage, removing most of the heavy stage makeup. We were congratulating each other on a great performance--especially in front of foreign fans. Sky High had been invited to perform for a Music Bank special, in Japan. In fact, so had B.A.P. I'd run into them once when I hurried to our waiting room from the washroom. Any other time, I would have been secretly fangirling inside--but I was in a rush, so I'd just bowed and said hello formally, half-running away.

As I was leaving with the members and managers and got into our van, I saw somebody running up to us with a camera following close behind--staff from WGM, by the looks of it. Out of breath, the man said nothing, just handed me an envelope.

"Mission: you will be spending an enjoyable date with your husband in Japan for a day, with reservations at XXX Hotel. Go around, sight-see, buy souvenirs, etc. Goal: Have fun!" I read out loud. (The XXX was to prevent...well, stalkers or whatnot).

"OOHHH, so lucky, Tina-ah!" all the members shouted.

Smiling, I grabbed my bag and got out of the van and waved at the members and managers. "I'll have fun! Merong~" I shouted and stuck my tongue out at them as I followed the staff to wherever the meeting place was going to be. A few minutes later, I saw Daehyun walking towards us with staff and a camera as well, face slightly confused. "Annyeong!" I greeted him brightly.

He smiled back. flustered as he was. "Wait, so we have all today, and then we sleep at a hotel?"

I looked down at the mission card. "It seems so. But wait--how are we going to get back?"

Daehyun shrugged and we both turned to look at the staff. They motioned for us not to worry about it--so apparently they'd arranged something. Alright then. "So, let's go have fun, oppa. Apparently that's what we're supposed to do." I grabbed his hand and started walking, dragging him with me.

"I, uh, I'm not that great at Japanese," he confessed.

"It's okay. You forget you have a talented wife." I looked back at him.

"How many languages do you speak?"

"Five. That is, fluently. Most other languages I just know how to greet and introduce myself. So don't worry; I can speak Japanese."

We'd come to a red light, so we stopped. "Let's go eat," he shouted above all the noise. "There's a place near here that I sometimes go to with the members whenever we go to Japan."

He pulled me along into a relatively small, cozy-looking sushi buffet. "Konnichiwa," we both greeted the workers there.

"Wah~I love sushi," I commented, wide-eyed.

"Hehe, well, the food here is great." We sat down and stared at the dishes that moved along the conveyor belt in amazement; or at least, I did. Daehyun, for his part, was picking up dishes one after another. "Here, these are some of my favorites."

I snorted at that. "Please, Daehyun-ssi, no, Daehyun-san, favorite dish? I thought you liked everything!" (A/N: In case some of you don't know, -san is sort of the Japanese equivalent of Korea's -ssi.)

He laughed and adopted a mock offended expression. "I do, I just--no, you know what, just eat. Itadakima~su!" He cried and dug in.

I chuckled at the sight of him (...it really was adorable) and started to eat as well. As always, Daehyun insisted on being the gentleman and paid for both of us. We went to several tourist attractions, including shops to buy souvenirs.

I was looking at the phone charms and accessories in one store when I heard Daehyun struggling to speak with an employee. Curious, and wanting to help, I went to where he was by the watches.

Daehyun was pointing to a light blue watch that looked like one that I would want to buy. He was saying, "Clock...watch...how much...?"

I resisted the urge to laugh as he expressed his reaction to the price. "That...watch...too expensive! Price...lower..." he trailed off and I heard him mutter a Korean curse. "Aish, Tina-ssi! I need your help!" he finally called in Korean.

"What happened?" I asked as I went to stand by him.

"I wanted to buy this watch for you, but..it's rather expensive. So I'm trying to ask if she can lower the price."

I translated that into Japanese.

"Tell her I'd be willing to do sing, or dance, or whatever she wants me to do," he added.

I told the employee that too.

I saw her eyes move back and forth between Daehyun and me, and she slowly smiled. "Alright, I'll lower the price." She named a price that was apparently acceptable for Daehyun, since he nodded and took out his wallet. "But I want to see you two kiss, and I'll take a picture. And I want you two to sign it." She looked about ready to break into a dance. She lowered her voice to a whisper and leaned into my ear. "I'm a fan of the Candy Couple, hehe..."

I sighed and blushed madly. Meanwhile Daehyun still stoood clueless next to me. "What does she want us to do?" he asked me as he handed her the money and took the watch. "And here, this is for you. Hold out your arm."

I held out my arm and he put the watch on. "Ohh, it's nice, thank you so much, Dae oppa! And she says...she...well, she's a fan of the Candy Couple, she says."

He raised an eyebrow at me and turned to look at the employee, who now had a polaroid camera ready.

I continued on, not looking at him anymore; instead, the floor suddenly seemed very interesting. "She says she wants us to kiss and she'll take a picture of it. And then she wants us to sign the picture."

I took a peek to see Daehyun's reaction. He was blushing as well. On the other hand, the employee was trying hard not to laugh at our faces. "Uhhh...mmmm..." He sighed. "Allright then. Just hold still, okay?"

Shock. I couldn't think anything anymore. He's going to...ahh!

I stood still (it wasn't as if I could move anymore anyway) and he turned to face the employee. "Fast," he said, and then he pecked my lips quickly.

Fortunately, the employee had caught it and was currently fangirling. "You two are so cute!" she chirped in Japanese. Both Daehyun and I were beet red at this point, and the picture was ready. She held out a marker for us to sign it with.

We signed it quickly, waved, and practically ran out of the store.

~ ~ ~

When we were done walking around the city, we went to the hotel room that the WGM staff had booked for us. Key word: room. We shared a room; it just had two beds. As if there wasn't enough awkwardness already with the unplanned first kiss.

I sat on my bed, and Daehyun sat on his.

There was absolute silence in the room.

Daehyun cleared his throat. "So, uh, today was fun."

"It was very fun," I agreed. After a moment of silence again, I started talking to fill in the awkwardness. "It's nice to know that we have fans here in Japan too. Is that how viewers are?"

"I don't know. If it is, we might very well kill people, the way she was jumping around."

I started laughing hysterically for some reason, and Daehyun joined in. What he didn't know was that I knew how fangirling went; I was a B.A.P fangirl, after all. Ahem, a Daehyun-biased BABY. (A/N: You should probably know that B.A.P fans are called BABYs)

After the filming ended, and the staff headed to their rooms, we both let out a sigh. "You can shower first," he offered, and then blushed. "Uh, I mean, uh..."

Before he could get me thinking weird thoughts, I jumped up and grabbed my bag. It was a good thing I always brought a spare outfit with me. After I came out of the restroom, hair dripping wet, Daehyun took one look at me and immediately looked down, grabbed his clothes and ran into the restroom. A little confused, I towel-dried my hair and relaxed on my bed, under the covers, and played games on my phone.

I heard the water turn off in the restroom, followed by a quiet, angry stream of curses that surprised me; Daehyun didn't strike me as the swearing type, for some reason. "Uh...Tina-ssi, can you grab my shirt? It should be in my bag somewhere, I forget to get it because back at the dorm we don't wear--nevermind, can you just grab it please?"

My mind wandered. Wait, he wanted me to get his shirt...that meant he was shirtless. We were sharing a room. I slapped myself to snap out of it, and hurried to find the shirt. I snatched it out of his bag and went to the door to the restroom, hesitantly knocking. It opened almost immediately and Daehyun poked his head out, hair dripping wet like mine had before. So was his arm, I noticed, as he took the shirt, closed the door, and mumbled "thanks."

I settled back into my makeshift comfy fort (aka, my bed) and continued my game. A few moments later he came out, towel around his neck. I secretly watched out of the corner of my eye as he briefly towel-dried it and sighed, flopping back onto his bed.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore and looked at him..only to find he was staring at me. He quickly faced the ceiling. I sighed inwardly. "Do you know what's going to happen tomorrow? Are our managers coming and getting us, or...?"

"I don't know. But I'm pretty sure they have all the stuff worked out, so don't worry about it."

I nodded, put my phone on the stand next to my bed, and laid down, turning to face Daehyun. Without my glasses or contacts on, he was rather blurry, but I could still see him. I saw Daehyun do the same, turning to face me. It suddenly felt rather intimate.

Suddenly he spoke. "I can't see you very well, since I don't have my contacts, but you look kind of cute squinting like that."

I blushed and realized we had another thing in common. "I can't see you very well either, but you probably look really creepy, staring at me."

He laughed at that, and got up to turn off the lights. "It's late, we should probably sleep."

"Okay then. 'Night, Daehyun-ssi."

"Dae oppa."

"Huh?"

"Just call me 'Dae oppa' or 'Daehyun oppa' or even just 'oppa', whatever you prefer. -ssi is too much, aren't we at least closer now?"

I thought this over. "True. Alright then, Dae oppa. But then why do you still call me Tina-ssi?"

"Because you're younger than me, and calling you Tina-ah seems too...close."

"Eh, it's fine, if I call you oppa."

The lights were off and it was dark in the room, but I heard him lay down on his bed. He laughed. "Alright then, good night, Tina-ah."

"Night, oppa."

Smiling, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

 

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating in a reeeaaaaa~llllllly long time. I'm a terrible author, aren't I? T-T

Anyway, am I going too fast? I might be....

Also, I've started writing a Daehyun Oneshot series that I feel I update more often than this, so if you're interested, here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/394431/daehyun-oneshots-bap-daehyun-oneshotseries-daehyunandyou

ALSO! Comment please~ as LEDApple's Hanbyul once wrote: If you think it's "bad, leave a comment, [if you think it's] good, leave a comment, if you don't care, leave a comment." ^____^V