in which amber is pregnant

Snoopy and the Llama

drabble nineteen; in which amber is pregnant

genre: fluff

 

description: henry comes home to find his pregnant wife in tears.


 

 


 


 

Henry practically tripped over himself in his rush to get to Amber, who sat wailing on the couch with her arms limp by her sides. “What is it?” he panicked. “‘Ber, what’s wrong?”

 

She sniffled a little and stared at him with a pout, taking in a shaky breath that might have taken Henry’s breath away; she was so adorable. She looked like a child, not a woman who was pregnant - with his child, he recalled proudly.

 

“Food,” she whimpered at last. “I’m hungry and I don’t know what I want to eat and I’m so-- I hate hormones!” She burst into a fresh new round of tears while Henry coughed, trying to hide a laugh as he stared at Amber, who looked utterly helpless and miserable.

 

Gently, he brushed his thumb against her cheeks, wiping her tears away with a small grin on his face. “Bubble tea?” he tried, and she shook her head.

 

“No,” she mumbled. “Gonna get fat.” Henry had to forcefully bite back a snicker, because Amber was never like this, had never once turned down bubble tea or so much as cared about what she ate as long as it tasted good. When she finally gave birth, there was no way he was ever gonna let her live this down.

 

“Chicken, then,” he offered, and she shook her head harder.

 

“Don’t want it,” she whined petulantly, and he pursed his lips, thinking carefully about all of Amber’s favorite foods and whatever strange combinations she’d been having since she’d gotten pregnant.

 

“Ham?” he tried, and she brightened at the thought, a wide grin spreading across her face, her tears drying.

 

“Ham!” she beamed, stretching her arms out towards Henry excitedly. “That’s what the baby wants.”

 

Henry laughed, pressing a kiss to her forehead, his hand brushing over the bump where his baby was. “Okay,” he murmured against her forehead before pulling away. “I’ll go get--”

 

“No!” she blurted, her hands immediately latching onto the back of his shirt, keeping him in place. “No, you can’t. Make someone else do it. Make Donghae do it.”

 

Henry snorted a little, giving her an exasperated look. Be reasonable was written all over his face and Amber could read it, huffing as she whacked his shoulders. “You have to stay with me,” she insisted, her cheeks growing slightly pink. “Please don’t leave me, Henry.”

 

He softened at the sight and smiled gently, finally taking a seat beside her and pulling out his phone, speed-dialing Donghae’s number.

 

“Hyung?”

 

The word was barely out of his mouth before Donghae’s groan was heard audibly over the phone. Amber bit her lip guiltily while Henry smiled amusedly.

 

“She’s your wife,” Donghae complained. “Why am I doing everything?”

 

Henry rolled his eyes. “She’s practically your sister, stop complaining. You know you’d do anything for her anyway.”

 

Donghae sighed in defeat, and Henry could imagine the pout on the older man’s face, likely to be identical to the one Amber had been sporting earlier.

 

“What does she want?” Donghae mumbled, his voice muffled and small, while a grin spread across Henry’s face in victory.

 

“Ham, ‘Ber wants ham, please hyung?”

 

There was a silence before a dragged out noise of complaint was heard over the phone, then the click, signalling Donghae’s departure. Henry grinned wider and put his phone down, settling comfortably next to Amber. He wrapped his arm around her and let her snuggle up next to him, humming in content.

 

“Have I told you I love you yet?” she murmured, leaning her head against his shoulder, and Henry beamed, before chuckling a bit.

 

“I think you might want to tell Donghae hyung that too, when he comes.”

 

Amber glanced up at him and grinned. “Yeah, maybe I should.”




 

(The doorbell rang just a few minutes later, with Donghae stumbling through the front door and shoving a bag of groceries into Henry’s face before smothering Amber in as gentle a hug as he could.

 

“Love you~” she laughed, and Donghae grunted in response, making a face.

 

“I better be named godfather,” he grumbled, while Eunhyuk, who had accompanied him, let out a noise of protest.)


 

 


 

 

fluffy pregnant amber to shoo off the angst

; u ;

hope you liked it! ^^