henry, henry, henry

Snoopy and the Llama

drabble seven; henry, henry, henry


genre: fluff


description: In which Amber is drunk and Henry has no idea what to do.

* let’s pretend Amber’s legal, ‘cause I’m pretty sure she isn’t yet. xD

** also this is not really related to the one where Henry’s drunk. xD


preview:

The doorbell rings, and he rolls over off the couch, groaning. Picking himself up, he heads towards the door. He’s sleepy, but hey, maybe it’s the pizza guy, though he’s pretty sure no one ordered pizza to begin with.


Not that he really cares.


What he doesn’t expect though, is Amber, stumbling in and out-of-her-mind drunk.

 


 


“Finally!” Henry sprawls out on the couch, arms and legs draped over the back of the couch or onto the floor. Kyuhyun’s just left, and for once Henry is home alone. He loves his hyungs and all, but it was really nice to have the dorm to himself, even if it’s just for a few hours.


He reaches out with his fingertips and fumbles for the controller just centimeters away on the table, and lazily flips through the channels. His eyes are beginning to droop shut and he’s just about ready to fall asleep when the doorbell rings, and he rolls over off the couch, groaning. Picking himself up, he heads towards the door. He’s sleepy, but hey, maybe it’s the pizza guy, though he’s pretty sure no one ordered pizza to begin with.


Not that he really cares.


What he doesn’t expect though, is Amber, stumbling in and out-of-her-mind drunk. Henry nearly has a heart attack when she falls on top of him, looking up at him through half-lidded eyes. She hiccups, letting out a small giggle while her fingers play with his shirt.


“Heeennrryy,” she drawls out, cooing slightly, and Henry wonders if he’s dreaming, or maybe he’s drunk, because no way in hell did Amber just say his name like that.


But then she repeats it, and also she’s nuzzling her nose against his chest, her arms wrapped around his neck with her fingers brushing against his hair, and his heart skips a beat before he realizes they’re still standing in the doorway. So he moves her inside the dorm with a gentle push, shutting the door behind her.


She walks - or rather, trips - her way to the couch, lying flat on her back and giggling slightly, and Henry’s glad his brain is still working enough to wonder how in the world she got here, and who the hell got her drunk in the first place. The thought fades as soon as she pulls him down onto the couch on top of her, close enough to smell a bit of the alcohol on her breath and more than enough to mess with his heart rate.


“Amber,” he tries, but she just smiles up at him, obviously not hearing anything he says. He tries again but he’s stuttering, and he really ing hopes she won’t remember any of this tomorrow, or else he’d never hear the end of it.


“Amb--” he tries one last time, but she’s really close and his heart’s going a mile a minute, plus she’s making these cute little noises that sound a whole lot like she’s saying “oppa” over and over and really not helping him.


It also doesn’t help that she’s looking straight at him, and he wants nothing more than to kiss her, but she’s drunk, and there’s no way that could ever be a good idea.


“Henry,” she says again, but this time a little more seriously, her cheeks flushed a pretty pink color and her eyes dark. She leans up, close enough for him to feel her breath on his lips, and..


Promptly passes out.


Henry groans, a small whine slipping into the noise, and rests his head on her shoulder. Just my luck.


--


“Henry?” Her small hands shake him awake, and he mumbles something about five more minutes. She shakes him a little harder, her breath hot against his neck, and his eyes snap wide open when he realizes it’s not Ryeowook but Amber, who’s probably ready to kick him off the couch if he doesn’t budge soon. (Trust him, it’s happened before.)


Her face comes into view, a little blurry, and altogether too close to his. He probably should have expected that but still jumps back anyway, which is kind of pointless, seeing as she has him squeezed between her and the couch and he’s got nowhere to go.


“Why am I here?” She asks, and he’s more than grateful that she can’t remember anything that happened last night. “Why does my head hurt so much?”


“Um, you were drunk and you showed up and then you passed out and I guess I fell asleep too and so please don’t kick me off the couch and--”


Henry’s rambling again, and Amber has half a mind to kick him off just to see his expression when he lands on the floor.


But then again, he’d said “drunk” and “passed out” and she had better things to do, like pray that she hadn’t done anything in between.


Henry’s face is red though, so she probably did do something stupid. But he isn’t laughing at her; he looks more embarrassed and flustered than amused, so Amber assumes it was something bad.


“Oh, God,” she mutters, covering her eyes with her hand. “What happened?”


Henry doesn’t say anything, and she turns to peek at him only to find that his entire face is bright red, much more than before, and she bites her lip. It‘s all Henry can do to keep from kissing her right then and there.


“Nothing,” he finally says, entirely unconvincingly. “You just passed out.” After nearly kissing me and giving me a heart attack.


“Oh,” Amber says, her voice small. “Okay.” She stands up, her head still spinning slightly, and Henry catches her before she can fall.


“You have a hell of a hangover, don’t you?” He asks, amused. She sticks her tongue out at him before letting him guide her toward his room, where she collapses on his bed, curling up underneath his sheets.


“I’m never letting Krystal take me out drinking, ever again.”


Henry snorts, grabbing a sweatshirt and tugging it over his t-shirt and lazily running a hand through his hair so it looks vaguely decent. Amber watches as he adjusts the sweatshirt, and he tosses a smile in her direction.


“I’ll go make some of Ryeowook’s remedies. Try to sleep, or..something.” He shrugs and she rolls her eyes, making a shooing motion with her hands.


--


As it turns out, Henry probably should have known he had no idea what the hell Ryeowook makes whenever any of the Super Junior members are hungover.


He ends up sneaking into Ryeowook’s room, shaking him awake. Ryeowook looks irritated for approximately thirty seconds before it registers that it’s just Henry, and he sleepily climbs out of bed and helps him make the remedy without bothering to ask why.


Henry just assumes that Ryeowook already knows - it’s kind of hard not to notice when there’s a girl in the dorm, even if it’s just Amber, who happened to be draped over him then, her fingers clutching his shirt and her legs tangled with his.


Henry turns red at the memory, but Ryeowook either doesn’t notice or doesn’t care as he hands him the medicine before stumbling back into bed without another word.


--


“Here.”


Henry jabs the cup into Amber’s face, and she groans, rolling onto her stomach (her head spins at the action, but she forcibly ignores it). “It smells weird,” she complains childishly, and Henry sits down beside her on the bed.


“You want to go to practice with a raging headache?” He asks pointedly, and she lets out a little huff, carefully sitting up and taking the cup from Henry. She sniffs it a little and wrinkles her nose in distaste.  


“Just drink it,” Henry sighs, pushing it closer to her lips. “It’s not so bad. Trust me.”


She rolls her eyes at him. “Of course you’ve been hungover before, why am I not surprised?” she mutters, then downs the weird-looking liquid in one gulp.


She coughs and hacks a little, with Henry biting his lip to hide a smile as he pats her back, and she glares at him.


“It’s your fault,” she says when she’s done choking on whatever the hell that was. Henry just rolls his eyes - every time Amber makes a bad choice, she blames it on him. He’s gotten used to it by now.


Unfortunately, he hasn’t yet gotten used to Amber’s tender moments. Like when she puts her head on his shoulder, sending his heart rate into a frenzy. Or when she casually links their arms together, her hands finding his, their fingers loosely tangling together.


He glances over at her, his cheeks tinting a light pink. Her eyes are shut, eyebrows furrowed as she tries to ignore the pounding in her head. She presses her face against his shoulder, a small whine slipping past her lips.


He chuckles, using his free hand to ruffle her hair. “Go to sleep,” he murmurs and she mumbles incoherently. Tugging on his hand, she pulls him down so that the two of them lay side by side in his bed - which by the way, is most definitely meant for one person only - and curls up against him.


He can’t help but smile, watching as she closes her eyes, her breathing evening out. “Henry,” she mumbles. “Henry, Henry, Henry..”


“Hmm?” He murmurs back, his eyes falling shut too.


“Henry,” she mumbles one last time. “Thank...”


She doesn’t finish and falls asleep instead, her arm thrown over his chest and her legs tangled with his, their fingers still laced together. Henry smiles, pressing a kiss to her temple.


“Sleep well, love.”



 


 


no idea what i wrote for the ending

but here you go

:D