d'ya miss me?

Snoopy and the Llama

 

drabble six; d’ya miss me?

genre: fluff

 

description: Henry complains that Amber never calls him (and therefore must not miss him at all, but he won’t say that.)

 

Amber’s smarter though, so instead she says she does miss him..or at least, she misses his cheeks.

 

preview:

 

“Dude, you never call me.” Henry complains, shuffling around the hotel room. He had the phone on speaker, Kyuhyun blatantly snickering as he plays on his laptop. Henry threw an old t-shirt at him to make him shut up.

 

“Well, you barely ever call me,” Amber defends, her voice cracking through the phone. “Besides, international calls are super expensive.”

 

“I’m calling you now,” Henry practically whines back, but manages to keep it out of his voice. Kyuhyun would never let it go otherwise.

 

Amber scoffs and Henry can pretty much see her rolling her eyes.

 

“Fine, next time I’ll call you. Okay?” Amber sighs, and Henry beams, even though she can’t see him.

 

“You better,” Henry warns, a smile playing on his lips. “I’m not gonna call you until you call me back.”

 

Amber groans and he can tell she’s rolling her eyes again, but smiling nevertheless. “Okay, Snoopy.”

 

 


 

 

henry’s pov

 

It’s been a week, and all Henry’s been doing is checking his phone.

 

After practice, before practice, in the morning, at night. He looks for a text, a missed phone call, anything, but there’s nothing. Zip. Nada.

 

Well actually, there’s a few texts from Donghae, but that doesn’t count.

 

It’s not what he’s looking for, anyway.

 

“She promised to call,” he whines to Kyuhyun, who really couldn’t care less. Then again, Kyuhyun’s playing Starcraft, so he doesn’t care about much of anything at the moment.

 

“It’s been a week,” Henry pouts. “Does she really not miss me?”

 

Kyuhyun actually stops playing for a moment to just stare at Henry, his eyebrows raised.

 

“What?” Henry looks back at him.

 

He groans and turns back to his game, because at this point, the joke isn’t even worth saying. Henry is so obvious sometimes, and not to mention utterly dense.

 

Henry sighs melodramatically, staring longingly at his phone.

 

 

 

kyuhyun’s pov

 

Kyuhyun’s ready to throw his laptop at Henry, that’s how annoyed he is.

 

“There’s nothing! She doesn’t even text me...” Henry says, and Kyuhyun does everything not to tear his hair out.

 

“I mean, she could at least text. I’ll ask Donghae hyung if he got any texts from Amber.” Henry walks out the door just before Kyuhyun throws a book at his head, because there’s nothing more annoying than a Henry that misses Amber, who is, honestly, just ing with his head.

 

Kyuhyun picks up his phone. Last resort, until he actually hurts Henry.

 

 

To: Embeo

From: GameKyu

 

please put him out of his misery

 

 

A few minutes later, Amber responds. He can already hear her cackling.

 

 

To: GameKyu

From: Embeo

 

kekeke wae~

 

 

To: Embeo

From: GameKyu

 

BECAUSE HE’S ANNOYING

 

 

To: GameKyu

From: Embeo

 

kekeke then nah

 

 

To: Embeo

From: GameKyu

 

you’re evil

 

 

To: GameKyu

From: Embeo

 

learned it all from the best, right oppa? ;D

 

 

Kyuhyun groans. He’s gonna kill Henry, and then Amber.

 

 

 

“She texted Donghae hyung! And Leeteuk hyung! And Eunhyuk hyung!” Henry’s about to list pretty much every idol in SM Town before Kyuhyun grabs the thing closest to him (lucky for Henry it’s a t-shirt) and chucks it at the maknae.

 

“Shut up!” Kyuhyun groans. “Just call her if you miss her!”

 

“But...” Henry pouts, and Kyuhyun lets out a sigh. There’s a reason why the Super Junior hyungs wouldn’t listen to Kyuhyun anymore, and it was all because Henry was so goddamn cute.

 

“Text her. You never said you couldn’t text her, right?” Kyuhyun tries, but Henry stubbornly shakes his head.

 

“She’ll miss me soon enough,” he says confidently, though the look in his eyes tell otherwise. “She’ll call..eventually.”

 

Kyuhyun honestly can’t figure out why Henry hasn’t asked her out yet.

 

 

 

“If you don’t call your boyfriend, I’m gonna shoot him.”

 

Amber laughs, the sound melodic and evil at the same time, or at least to Kyuhyun. “He’s not my boyfriend.”

 

She hesitates. “Yet.”

 

Kyuhyun snorts. “Then I’ll shoot your future boyfriend, whatever! He’s so clingy, it’s killing me. I’m starting to think I did something wrong and you’re just doing this to get back at me.”

 

She laughs again. “Sorry, oppa. It’s just so much fun messing with Henry.”

 

Kyuhyun scowls, but concedes. It is fun messing with Henry, he can agree with her on that. “Call him soon, alright?” He relents, and Amber chuckles.

 

“Arasso, oppa.”

 

 

 

It takes Amber another week or so to finally call Henry.

 

It’s about 2:30 in the morning and they had all just gotten back from a late night (“late night my , that’s called early morning death,”) practice and the only thing Kyuhyun wants to do is sleep. Not listen to Henry coo into his goddamn phone.

 

He fumbles around with the hotel key card while Henry eagerly answers the call. His eyes are bright and happy, albeit hazy from the need to sleep, and it’s about the only thing keeping Kyuhyun from grabbing Henry’s phone, hanging up on Amber, and passing out on the bed with absolutely no regrets.

 

Unfortunately for Kyuhyun and his “I’m gonna be nice for once” attitude, Henry puts the phone on speaker and sets it on the bedside table as he starts to change into more comfortable clothes.

 

“Dude, I miss you,” is the first thing Amber says.

 

Kyuhyun trips over thin air.

 

 

 

“...What?” Henry just kind of stares at the phone, a blank look on his face. If Amber’s anything at all, she’s most definitely not emotional. Amber just doesn’t do romance and cheesiness.

 

Amber stammers. “I mean - your cheeks. I miss your cheeks. Whatever! The more important thing is, why didn’t you call?”

 

This time, Kyuhyun stares at the phone. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

Henry sputters, quickly throwing on a t-shirt. “What the hell, Amber?! Did you - don’t tell me you forgot.”

 

Kyuhyun can basically hear Amber shrugging. “Forget what?”

 

“That you - that I - you said--!” Henry’s turning a light shade of pink, and Kyuhyun can’t tell if it’s from embarrassment or frustration. “Amber!”

 

Amber laughs, and Henry relaxes again. He lets out a small whine. “Amb...”

 

“I’m sorry, Snoopy,” she teases. “Did you at least miss me?”

 

“Uh, yeah!” Henry turns a darker shade of red when he realizes how quickly he responded. He glances at Kyuhyun, who’s smirking, and mumbles, “I mean, well...kind of. A little.”

 

Kyuhyun snorts and Henry throws him a glare.

 

“Just a little?” Amber pouts and Henry flushes red all over again.

 

“Or a lot,” he offers. “I missed you a lot. Still miss you, actually. You should call more. I like talking to you--”

 

Amber snickers, and Henry stops rambling, heart beating rapidly in his chest. He may as well just confess at the rate he’s going.

 

“Oppa,” Amber says sweetly into the phone, and Henry jumps about a foot into the air before responding with a weak, “y-yeah?”

 

“Come back soon, arasso~” She tells him. “I have a surprise for you when you come back.”

 

Henry swallows nervously, and nods his head before remembering that she can’t see him.

 

“Uh - um - yeah. Sure. Okay.”

 

 

 

henry’s pov

 

Henry arrives at the airport at exactly three minutes past midnight. He gets a girlfriend approximately five minutes later, and may or may not have stopped breathing when Amber greets him with a kiss.

 

A really, really nice kiss.

 

“Hey, Henry,” she breathes, wrapping her arms around his neck. Dumbly, he manages to put his arms around her, too.

 

“I missed you,” he says when he’s finally recovered. “I really missed you.”

 

She smiles. “Enough to finally ask me out?”

 

He laughs breathily, nodding. “Enough to piss off Kyuhyun by keeping him up all night, texting you.” He winks, and they both can hear Kyuhyun shrieking in rage in the background.

 

 

 

(Henry doesn’t get much sleep the next few days.

 

Neither does Kyuhyun.)

 

 

kyuhyun’s note:

“Amber~~~”

 

“HENRY, SHUT UP.”

 

 

 


 

 

can’t decide who is dominant: henry or amber

let’s face it no matter what they’re perfect for each other LOL

alright sorry kyu and hope you enjoy~