don't be mad~

Snoopy and the Llama

drabble twelve; don’t be mad~

genre: fluff

 

description: Amber’s mad at Henry, and Henry thinks using lyrics from his new songs is actually going to work.

 

(Spoiler: it doesn’t.)

 

foreword:

 

“You’re-- such a boy, sometimes, Amber,” Henry laughs.

 

Amber pauses, looks at him, then stalks out the room without another word, leaving Henry dumbfounded.

 

“Amber? Amb? Josephi-- wait, what are you throwing at me!?”

 

 


 


 

Amber was pissed, Henry decided. Amber was beyond pissed.

 

“You’re not on your period, are you?” Henry peers at Amber, as though staring at her would help him determine whether or not she was. “Do you even get periods?”

 

Amber whips around and glares at him, gripping a pencil tightly in her hands. Henry’s eyes widen and he just barely realizes in time to duck as the object flies over his head.

 

“W-What was that for?!” He yells, then lets out a yelp when she raises her music stand threateningly. “Can you even throw something like that?” He whines slightly, holding his head in fear, while she just sits there with a menacing look on her face.

 

“Sorry?” He tries, and she just sighs, standing up and throwing the cap she’d stolen earlier back at him. It hits him in the face (this time by accident), and by the time he’s recovered, Amber’s well on her way out the door.

 

Henry doesn’t know why, but he still shouts, “Wait, Amber!” and scrambles after her.

 

Or at least he tries to. He ends up sprawled over the floor after tripping over his own shoelaces, and after it’s all over, Amber is nowhere to be found.

 

-- -- --

 

“Are you mad?” Henry pokes her arm, but Amber doesn’t respond. “Ammmbeerr,” he drawls out, poking her repeatedly. “Why are you mad at me? What did I do? ‘Ber, c’mon.”

 

Amber shoves his hand away, narrowly avoiding hitting him in the stomach while doing so, and otherwise ignores him, pulling her headphones over her head and scrolling through her iPod. Henry pouts, rubbing his arm, but he forgets the pain quickly when he notices she has his new album on her iPod.

 

“Hey, that’s my solo album,” he says cheerfully. “Do you like it?”

 

She scrolls past his album and clicks on a different song instead, and Henry’s shoulders slump in disappointment.

 

Maybe she just didn’t hear him, is all.

 

-- -- --

 

Henry’s come up with a plan.

 

Personally, he thinks it’s brilliant. He ran it by his hyungs, even. Donghae says it’s cheesy (Donghae thinks anything’s cheesy), Kyuhyun called him an idiot (anybody is an idiot to Kyuhyun), and Ryeowook gave him a thumbs up with a weak smile (Henry doesn’t know what that’s supposed to mean, but he’s going to assume it’s a form of support. Maybe Ryeowook was tired.)

 

His plan involves lots of singing and Amber swooning. Well, Amber doesn’t really swoon - he’s seen her do it about once, with John Cena, but that doesn’t really count. Or Henry’s going to pretend it doesn’t count.

 

So yeah. Amber was going to swoon over him. It was going to be perfect.

 

“YOU DAZZLE LIKE THE SKY,” Henry sings loudly in Korean towards Amber when she passes him in the hallway. It’s the opening line to his song, My Everything. Everyone likes that song.

 

Apparently Amber doesn’t, ‘cause she gives him a weird look and then pushes him away hard enough for him to stumble and hit the wall. “YOUR FACE IS SWEET LIKE LEMONADE,” he yells as she disappears around the corner.

 

Come to think of it, that line was kind of stupid. He wonders who wrote it.

 

Maybe that’s why Amber didn’t swoon.

 

-- -- --

 

If My Everything didn’t work, maybe Holiday will. Henry’s altered the lyrics a little just to fit the situation.

 

He catches Amber in the dance rooms, where she’s practicing by herself. The music is loud, but he waits patiently until she’s tired, slumping down onto the ground, her back against the mirrors. Her eyes are closed, her bangs sweaty and plastered to her forehead, and Henry swallows a little before he sneaks into the room.

 

Then, he jumps in front of her, pointing his fingers at her. “I THINK YOU NEED A HOLIDAY,” he sings loudly, jumping around and doing ridiculous dance moves (they’re suave, he’d protested to Heechul earlier when he was practicing). “HEY, YEAH, BEFORE YOU GO CRAZY-- OW!”

 

Amber lazily swings her foot out and Henry ends up on the floor for the third time that week. He looks up at her with a pout on his face and she rolls her eyes, prodding his shoulder with her foot. He sits up, crawling over so he’s next to her.

 

“Come on, llama. Douche number one to my douche number two. Why are you mad at me?” He rests his chin on her shoulder, at his own risk, and Amber turns her head, just staring at him.

 

He forces himself to remember that breathing is something that he needs to do in order to function.

 

Not that he was really functioning properly before, anyway.

 

“Um,” he clears his throat and pulls away, pushing down the blush that’s starting to capture his cheeks. He pulls his legs up to his chest and glances at her. Her eyes are closed again, and she’s still trying to even out her breathing from after practice. Henry thinks that she looks good like that.

 

But then again, Henry thinks she looks good with whatever she’s doing.

 

But she doesn’t know that.

 

“Amber,” he finally says. “Why are you mad at me? Did I do something?”

 

She opens her eyes and turns to look at him again, frowning. “How many people have called you a girl?”

 

Henry shrugs. He can see where this conversation is going, and he tries to divert it. “I think my mom did once. And my sister--”

 

“How many people have called me a boy?”

 

If Henry was standing, he would’ve shuffled his feet. “A lot,” he mumbles, and he knows exactly what he did wrong now.

 

“How many times have you called me a boy?” Amber asks, and Henry flushes red.

 

“Twice,” he says, barely audible, and he stares at the ground in shame. He knows Amber’s not the type to be sensitive to those kinds of things - hell, looking like a boy was how she wanted to be - but that was only most of the time. Not all of the time. And he kind of already figured out the first time around that Amber hates it when he calls her a boy.

 

Just him. Donghae hyung, BoA noona...all okay.

 

Just Henry, wasn’t allowed to call her a boy. And he can’t figure out why.

 

He looks up at her, biting his lip with an apologetic look on his face. “I’m sorry,” he says sincerely, and she huffs a little, turning away.

 

“Can you tell me why only I’m not allowed to call you a boy?” he asks, and she glances back at him before pulling her knees up to her chest to match his position.

 

“Just because,” she mutters, and he shifts so he’s sitting in front of her, leaning closer so their noses nearly touch.

 

“But Amber,” he says as seriously as possible. “Don’t you know, looking like a boy or a girl...GIRL YOU’RE MY EVERYTHING, I’MMA GIVE YOU EVERYTHI-- ah, emmbuh--!”

 

Amber covers his mouth with her hand, and a grin forms on her face despite her trying to hide it. He beams at the sight, not even bothering to push her hand away, and a laugh slips past her lips.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” she laughs, pulling her hand away. Instinctively, he grabs it and uses her arm to pull himself to her side, their shoulders bumping.

 

“Don’t be mad at me, Amber,” he grins cheekily. “Hey, I’ll even text 1-4-3, to the girl I’m lovin’ the most, when I go out with my friends, oh I’ll brag, and I’ll boast--”


“Shut up Henry, before I throw something at you.”

 

He makes a face but complies, leaning his head on her shoulder. She shrugs him off and he settles for resting his head in her lap instead. “‘Ber, don’t be mad. I’m sorry. I’ll make your heart sing sweet like a violin.”

 

Amber stares at him and he smiles innocently up at her.

 

“Please stop singing lines from your songs,” she says, and he’s just glad she doesn’t shove his head off her lap.

 

“Okay. You want the finer things, I’ll give you anything-- okay, okay, I’m done!”

 

Amber laughs again at the way he flails to protect his face, and a toothy smile forms on his face.

 

“‘Ber, you know...I’m--”

 

“If you say I’m ready to love, I’ll hurt you.”

 

“Aw, I’m ready to love you too, Amber.”

 

She pushes his face lightly, poking her fingers against his cheek, but doesn’t say anything. The smile on her face is enough.



 

(When they finally leave the practice room, Henry bursts into Trap, and Amber sighs.

 

She starts singing along with him though, when they’re halfway down the hall.)