Chapter 30: Its my fault

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

You guys where are your lovely comments i miss'em

___________________________________________________

 

 

“Yah” He tried.

“Yah” Again.

“Kang Yumi!” Louder. No respond.

“KANG YUMI” He shouted this time. You finally responded with a weak sleepy voice.

“What?” You said eyes closed.

“Well, for a start that's one heck of a nap you took.”

“What time is it?” Your voice was still weak.

“Morning. Like morning in the next day morning”

Your eyes popped and you sat abruptly. “WHAT! Its tomorrow already!” You said making absolutely no sense.

Luhan frowned a little but decided to go with it. “Yes. Yes its tomorrow which now is called today as in Friday”

 “Oh my God I slept here! Why didn’t you wake me” You half-yelled at him.

“That’s exactly my question. How can you sleep here didn’t you learn your lesson last time” He smirked. He was nowhere near angry which was a surprise for you.

“Well...’’ you took a deep breath. “First, I was only taking a nap I wasn’t planning on spending the night here so it’s your entire fault for not waking me up. Second, what the hell you said nothing happened last time why are you brining it up”

“Yes. Nothing. But that doesn’t make it okay for you to come and sleep in my room as you please”

“You didn’t wake me” You shot in defense.

“I tried” He lied. “But you’re not exactly the type that wakes up easily” He didn’t even try. He didn’t bother. Or rather he didn’t want to wake you up last night.

“Aaagrh” You messed your already messy hair. “Wait. Where did you sleep then?” You popped your head up at him.

“To your right. And I’m telling you, you kick a lot” He said calmly this time. Actually enjoying it inside.

“You slept here!!!” You gasped. He gave you blank face like ‘really’

 

“Oh right bcuz it’s the first time we share a bed!” He said sarcastically. You wrinkled your nose.

“It’s only fair I sleep on my bed and I’ll accept no further arguments on the topic. Now two things, one get your outta of my bed we’ll be late for college. Two, you look like a freaking zombie”

“I look bad don’t I” You made a sad face. Yesterday you came up here straight to bed. You didn’t shower you didn’t change you didn’t remove your make up. So, basically now you want to stay away from any mirror in this house.

“College. Chop chop” He clapped his hands pointing out the important part.

“Oh that. I’m not going” You scratched your head and got slowly out of bed.

“What? Why?”

“Hmm. I don’t know I just don’t want to” You started. “And yeah its Friday so let’s just say my weekend started early” You grinned and headed to the door. “Have a good day while you're there and study hard” You said more teasing than meaning it, like a little kid when you mock someone bcuz they are going to school and you’re not. It’s a nice feeling I tell you.

 

 

 

“What? You’re still here?” You were jumping down the stairs but stopped when you saw him on the dining table. You were clean and dressed nicely ready to go out.

“Why are you still here?” You asked again. “Aren’t you late or something?”

“I’m having breakfast” He said munching the leftovers in his plate.

You went to set down yourself. “Hey what’s that where’s my breakfast?” You said a little too loud.

Luhan swallowed. He was waiting for you to come down but he finished his food and then well he didn’t want to look like he was waiting for you.

“Is the housekeeper here?” You were about to stand up but he pulled you to set again.

“I think she has something against you. She’s cleaning upstairs and trust me you don’t wanna bother her. You know how cranky she becomes sometimes” He said covering for himself.

You sat back down crossing you arms and putting your chin on them. “But I’m hungry” You pouted. 

“So did you get anything for Yunwo?” Luhan immediately changed the subject.

“What?” You frowned not knowing what he was talking about.

“It’s his birthday today right?” Luhan asked feeling confused.

“Oh yeah that’s right” You shrugged. “But how did you know!!”

“He told me” He answered and you stayed quiet.

 

“So…”

“I did not get him anything” You shrugged again.

“WHAT?” Luhan shook his head slightly.

“I’ve never given him anything on his birthday before”

“Now you’re being weird. Why won’t you give your only sibling a birthday present?!”

“I don’t know I was in school last year and all the years before that obviously so I didn’t have enough money to buy him anything. I guess”

“What do you do with your allowance? Waste it all on cloths!” He was actually kidding but seeing you this quite he snapped. “Yumi!!!”

“What! It’s not like no body gives him presents. Daddy gives him”

“Well, obviously..”

“And Johan sends him one every year” You continued.

That , Luhan clenched his fist. But he decided to ignore the mention of him.

 

“So.. what is your excuse for this year?” He tapped his finger on the table.

“Why do you care so much?” You felt so little your voice was merely a whisper.

“Bcuz I feel sorry for him” Luhan answered almost immediately.

“Well.. I guess it just did not cross my mind” You looked down.

“YUMI!! He’s your only brother”

“I know that”

“Then…”

You stayed quiet.

“Let me guess you never even threw him a birthday party before”

“We can’t throw him a birthday party” You acted up like there was something seriously wrong with that.

Luhan went back to being confused. “You know it’s my mom death anniversary too” You remember him present when you first told his mother this.

He forgot about that but now that he remembered it did not change anything at all in where he stands.

 

“Yes I know that but it’s not Yunwo’s fault. Why are you preventing him from celebrating his birthday” He was scowling.

“You can’t be ignorant of the fact that my mom passed away on this same day 9 years ago”

“I am not but you are making it sound like it’s all Yunwo’s fault”

“I am not its just inappropriate to throw a party on my mom death anniversary”

“Why like do you do memorial service?”

“No God no. We can’t do that either”

“Because of Yunwo”

“Yes”

“So you’re mad because you don’t do memorial service because of him”

“I did not say that stop putting words in my mouth” You shouted at him. You eyes were getting full of tears.

“Then What?” He was getting irritated with your atittude.

“It’s because he doesn’t know okay” You took a deep breath to calm your voice.

Luhan blinked adjusting the information. “He doesn’t know your mother passed away giving birt-“

“He doesn’t know” You emphasized. “That’s why we don’t do memorial service. We don’t want him to find out”

“You sure he doesn’t know?” Luhan asked.

“What?”

“He’s a smart kid you know. And you’re making his birthday pass without making him feel special of course he’ll think something is wrong”

“That’s not true”

“Do you even wish him happy birthday!”

“Why are you turning me to the that hates her brother’s existence” You broke in tears at last. “I love Yunwo okay. More than anything or anyone”

You looked down wiping your tears and trying to clear the lump in your throat.

Luhan was looking at you with pained eyes. He felt guilty now.

“It’s just… It’s hard i just can’t let go of the idea that my mother died 9 years ago giving birth to him. I swear I try.. I know its not his fault I know he got nothing to do with it I know it’s not fair to him but… I don’t think I can celebrate his birthday”

“Yumi” Luhan whispered. He waited for you to calm and down and quit the tears before he spoke again.

 

“Yumi” He caught your attention when he called the second time. “Remember the car accident we’ve been in days ago”

You blinked.

“The father abandoned the baby” You gasped. “She was moved to an orphanage. That’s why I didn’t take you” You covered your mouth with your hand.

“Imagine how the mother will feel if she knew. She wouldn’t rest in peace. Her daughter will live a miserable life”

“I know Yunwo’s case is different but trust me when I tell you. He’s a miserable kid”

You managed to scowl at him. “Who are you to say that”

“Yumi. The kid is always lonely. He keeps everything to himself. And I promised him not to tell you this but he gets bullied like really bullied with bruises all over his face. He doesn’t even have friends if you noticed”

Your eyes widen. “He said the bruises would usually heal before any of you even see him, you rarely visit home and your dad finish works late. How do you want me to not feel sorry for that kid”

“That’s not true” You shook your head. “He is my brother he can’t get bullied”

“I took care of his bullying issue. Please don’t mention it to him I kinda of promised him”

Bullied? you thought, that's ridiculous why would any one like Yunwo get bullied? He's always so cheerful he can never...... but then again Luhan has no reason to lie to me. You swallowed, Oh my God Yunwo.

You looked up at him. “…Is it?” You gulped. “Is it my fault? That he is miserable”

“No it’s not that” Luhan breathed. “You just got to keep an eye for him. You shouldn't just love him you should make him feel loved”

You sniffled. “Oh my God in the end it is all my fault. I feel so horrible” You cried.

 

Luhan just watched you cry without saying anything. He moved his hand to pat your back but voted against it and dropped it back to his side.

After a couple more minutes of crying you looked up at Luhan.

“Thank you” You muttered, wiping your tears and trying to manage a small smile.

 

“Come on then” Luhan stood up. “Let’s go buy Yunwo a present” You smiled again and stood up with him.