Chapter 24: Nice People

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

 
"Teach ? Are you sick today or something ?" 
 
"I'm serious" Luhan answered flatly. He didn't look serious at all.
 
"And i'm serious too" You pressed on. 
 
"See why were you mad at me the other day ? Because i wasn't nice. You want me to be nice you teach me how to be nice. It is your problem so solve it" He said making no sense what so ever from it. 
You frowned then shook your head. "Wow" You scoffed . "First hell i have no idea how is this my problem. Second You know how to be nice. You just choose not too" You shot.
"I saw you acting nice a couple of time" You mumbled the last part remembering how he was when your stomach hurt. You just can't figure out his split personality and you have no idea why he 'Suddenly' want to be nice. 
 
"If it's acting it's not called being really nice. And you know we can't fight forever considering we live in the same house" Luhan tried to explain but didn't get lucky with it. 
"Wow who said we're going to live in the same house forever !!" You exclaimed gaping. 
"That's not the point" Luhan emphasized. "If you want me to be really nice then teach me how to be nice if you don't then just accept my attitude for however long we're going to live together and don't be such a drama queen" Luhan started the engine and pressed on the accelerator. 
 
"Nice people apologize" You blurted unconsciously. Luhan turned his eye to look at you for a brief second. *She is really going with what i said !*
He was kinda glad that you're talking to him now not shouting or giving him a silent treatment. 
"Okay" Luhan sighed focusing his eye on the road. "What's other than that ?" He decided to ignore your request anyhow cuz he can never see himself apologizing to you. 
"Yah. I told you what they do so do it. Apologizing is a basic manner between people you can't be nice unless you do it otherwise people will stay mad at you or maybe even hold grudges. *And those people are you* He scoffed in his mind. Just because you were talking to him he thought everything is good now. 
 
"Ooh Like you just did awhile ago when you shouted at me for no reason. Okay i get it now something else ?" he played dumb.
*GAAAH* You almost smacked his head but held yourself back. *He's just stupid isn't he ?* 
"Well" You decided to continue and see if he'll get it this time. "Nice people admit when they do something wrong to anyone" You nod. "They also explain why they do it to the other part to not be misjudged" 
"A-d-mit ? E-x-plain ?" He pressed on every letter teasingly.
 "You're doing this on purpose aren't you" You crossed your arms over your chest. 
"Doing what on purpose ?" Luhan blinked. You averted your gaze. *What was i thinking ? Hopeless i tell you HOPELESS*
"Forget it" You mumbled. 
 
"Why ? Continue. You're the one who wanted me to be nice" He said flatly. 
You huffed your cheeks in annoyance and remained silent for a moment thinking of something. "Nice people .. Don't say they own people and treat them like slaves and s" You muttered. 
Luhan was the one to keep silent this time. He was wrong yesterday. He knew that. But apologizing, admitting, explaining Is not really something he do. 
 
You pouted and looked out. *Of course he can never be nice Huh Leave alone this ice bag. Why didn't Johan call me yet ?* 
You looked at your phone.  *Is he that shocked ! IS HE GOING TO TELL !* 
You continued looking at your phone then something came up to your mind that you blurted unknowingly. "Nice people don't charge other people for new phones"
Luhan scoffed. "Dream on i'm not dropping the phone matter. It's your debt to me" 
"Heh sure now you hear that " You rolled your eyes. 
 
 
"We're here" Luhan announced as he was parking the car. You clapped your hands seeing the enormous building and got out making your way in. 
"Yah wait for me" Luhan called behind you. You ignored him and went/ran inside alone. 
 
"YAAH" He yelled but you were long gone inside. "Does she even know the place she'll get lost" He growled and ran behind you. 
 
You made your way heading to the elevator and pressed the button to a certain floor. Of course you'd know the place you were here several times. 
You heard Luhan faded calls from behind but you just continued your way. 
 
 
You reached the floor and went out as you bowed to several workers who were passing by they just gave some weird looks. Some of them on the other hand did recognize you from before though. 
 
"Kang-sshi your daughter is here again" One of the workers there said. 
"Appa !!" You called and went behind his office. "Oh Yumi ! What brings you here ?" Your dad asked surprised. 
"Heeey can't i just come here because i miss you" You hugged him from the back as he was still setting on his chair. 
 
"Is she the new miss ?" 
"Yes it was said that the CEO son took Mr. Kang daughter remember !" 
"Mr. Luhan married a normal girl !! They must really love each other" 
 
*It was a lot better coming here before. Usually no one pays me attention* Your thoughts were interrupted by your father's voice. "Are you here alone ?" 
"No actually i'm here with my Hubby" You emphasized the word to shut the annoying staff around. 
"Then where is he ?" Your dad asked feeling kinda of odd about the whole husband thing. 
"Huh .. He's somewhere.. Here" 
 
 
Luhan was moving around aimlessly paying no attention to anyone he pass as they all bowed down to him. 
"Oh Secretary Jo" Luhan called then stopped to inhale some air. He was tired from roaming around by now.
"Young Mr. Lu You're here. Your father is waiting for you in his office" She said all calmly as she dismissed the staffer she was just talking too. 
"Yeah i know but before that.. Have you seen a girl about this tall with brown eyes and long hair" 
The secretary cleared awkwardly. "Mr. Lu do you perhaps mean your wife ?" 
"Well" Luhan scratched his head. "Have you seen her or not ?" 
"No but did you check the 2nd department team floor ?" She asked striaght forward. 
"Why would i check there ?" Luhan asked dumbfounded. 
"Sir.. Her father is a part of that tea-" 
"AAaaah right i forgot that. EishWhat an idiot ?" Luhan snapped and messed his bang. Then he took off without a word of thanx. 
 
 
"Appa Are you busy should i leave ?" You pouted. "No it's okay. I could use a little rest" Your dad smiled. You were just about to walk him out but a certain voice stopped you. 
"Yah Kang Yumi ?" 
*Uh when i just forgot about you ?* You mentally sighed. "Appa look here's my husband you were just asking about him" You turned to your father and pointed at Luhan. 
Luhan came beside you looking at you wearingly.
 
"How can you take off just like this." He hissed whispering. Then he turned to your father to greet him. He bowed his head respectively. Something he never did to any normal worker here but your dad is a different case now. 
"Hello. Father-in-law how have you been ?"
The whispers were just getting louder and louder between the workers as they observed Luhan's actions. 
Your father nodded. "I'm just fine. How are you son ? you never payed a visit. Is everything okay between you and my daughter" 
"I'm sorry about that but don't worry everything is just fine" Luhan answered trying to keep up the eye contact.
He knew very well that he is not on your dad's good side because .. Well, he is not the best son-in-law no forget that he is not even a real son-in-law which is probably the reason the ticks off your father. 
Any father would only want the best to his daughter and a forced marriage is not on the list. 
 
"Well" Luhan broke the eye contact with your father and turned to you. "We should get going my dad want us in his office" He smiled and tried his best to make it believable. You caught up with him and locked arms. "Okay. Appa I'm sorry i can't stay any long. But i promise i'll come by later" 
"No it's okay you go ahead" 
As soon as you and Luhan walked out your father sat back again to finish his work but the whole staff gathered up around him. 
 
"Looks like he really respect you he does sound like a son-in-law" 
"Sound like a son in law ?! This is my first time hearing his sound ever" 
"Yeah he never pass by this department i only see him in the lobby or in the meetings" 
"And he's always quiet and emotionless But look at him now even the aura surrounding him changed" 
"Yeah who could've thought that loooove is the solution for-" 
 
"Can you all please go back to work. I don't think this is a good time or place to be discussing these matters" Your father voice cut through the loud gossips of the chitchaty employees. 
 
 
You let go of Luhan's arm when you went out. "Well" You sighed. "That was awkward" 
"Your father hate my guts what's so awkward about that ?" Luhan rolled his eyes then sighed himself. 
"Put yourself in his shoe and you won't blame him" You nod and continued walking beside him following his step to wherever he is going. 
 
"Never mind that why did you wonder off by yourself in the first place" He hissed and stopped his track for a moment. 
"Esh tsk. Nice people don't hiss" You pointed. Luhan gave you a serious stare. "Nice people don't stare either" You pointed again. "Ok whatever" Luhan looked away. 
"Nice people don't look away when other people are talking to them" You still continued. Luhan decided to go with it seeing how serious you're getting. 
"Understood" He said sarcastically. "Can we just go now" His tone returned serious again as he placed both of his hands on your shoulders and started pushing your forward
"Wait a minute" You stopped again. "I thought my dad got a promotion after we got married. Why is he still in the same department ?" 
"He declined it. Your father is a very proud man" Luhan scoffed. He couldn't get why would a man decline a promotion because of a mere ego but then again he is not in the same position so he wouldn't really know.
 
---
 
"Today was tiring" You sighed as you got off the car. "But it was kinda fun. I got to see my father work place all through. I met a lot of nice people too but i gotta say that Secretary of your father is kinda creepy" 
"It's my work place too you know. Partly" Luhan stated as he came to stand beside you.
"And why would i care about that ?" You blinked looking up at him. 
"Just saying" He mumbled awkwardly. "Anyhow now when we enter the house we should show my mom that we completely solved everything between us for her not to be worried" 
"Why would i lie ?" You shrugged and started walking toward the door. 
Luhan eyes widen. He went after you and held your arm to stop you. 
"What ? You were talking to me and smiling at my face the whole day !!" Luhan explained obviously surprised. 
"That was just an act for your sake. That's why you married me after all. To act as your wife" You smiled cheaply and turned again in attempt to start walking but he stopped you again. 
"Wooow wait So you're still mad ? What did i do that was so bad ?" 
"You're a dumb. That's what you did ?" You nod putting down his hand. 
"I mean seriously this whole nice people game and yet you didn't apologize to me for what you said last night" 
"You're making this big fuzz over an apology!" Luhan squinted his eye. 
"No i'm making it because of your attitude. You probably never apologized to anyone in your life right ?" You placed your hand in your hip. 
Luhan let out some air through his nose. "Well" 
"Huh i knew it" You snapped. "Now i have to teach you this too" You followed it with a sigh. Luhan blinked his eyes. *She's forcing me to apologize ! Why did i stop her from getting inside dealing with my mama is much better than this* 
 
"Repeat after me" You nod. "Say I'm sorry" 
 
"I'm ..... Bored. Let's go in" He pointed to the door trying to run away from this. 
 
"Try again. I'm sorry" 
 
"I'm ..... Hot. Let's go in" 
 
"It's cold out here why would you feel hot ?" You frowned. "No i meant it literally" He joked though his facial were very solid. 
"Ha ha yeah right. Very mature" You rolled your eyes shaking your head. 
"For the last time work as a parrot and repeat after me. I am sorry" You said really slow for him to understand. 
 
"I'm ..... Cold then. whatever let's go in" He was just saying anything to escape this conversation. *She's talking to me means she is not mad. Why does she insist on getting her apology* 
"Now that i wouldn't blame you if you meant it literally. Indeed you're a cold person" 
 
"Ha ha very mature" He mimicked your voice. You frowned and perked your lips.
 
"Heeeey don't copy me" You whined.
 
"You said to work as a parrot" Luhan blinked innocently. 
 
"Forget the parrot part and just apologize for crying out loud " 
 
"What parrot ? " 
 
You face plamed yourself "You know usually people apologize to others without meaning it. For you you have trouble saying it and meaning it !" 
 
"Save that for later. I'm tired my ears are blocked. Let's just go inside" He placed both of his hand behind your back and gave you a little push. 
"Your brain is the one blocked not your ears" You mumbled and stomped your way inside. 
"Yah Kang Yumi i heard that!! " 
 
---
 
"YOU BRAAAT" Kris threw the phone to Luhan then rested his forehead on the table.
"Why is he mad ?" Sehun tilted his head. "Why is he sleepy ?" Baekhyun did the same. "Why is he so cranky from the morning?" Chanyeol followed. 
"Why does he have your phone ?" Lay seated himself next to Luhan who was grinning as he checked the phone. *63 missed call and 32 messages* 
"Why is he calling you a brat ?" Kai sat on the other side of Luhan and asked. 
"Who know's ?" Luhan shrugged answering them all with these two words. 
 
"Dude you okay ?" Chen tapped Kris shoulder. "Class will start soon" Suho mumbled.
"Okay ?"
Kris slowly lifted his head only to avert his glare to Luhan. 
"I spent the whole night rolling left and right begging to get some sleep but NOOO Luhan had to forget his phone in my pocket" Kris spat knowing luhan move was intentional. 
"It kept ringing again and again and again that i kept cursing that girl over and over and over in my head" 
"Oooh Sorry about that. I didn't know it was with you" Luhan beamed holding his laugh.
"I wonder how your phone reached Kris pocket just like that ?" Xiumin tapped his chin.
"Yeah" Kris pressed on. "I can only wonder how ?" He continued emphasizing every word while glaring at Luhan who smiled at him mockingly. 
 
Just then Luhan phone started beeping. "Make it stoooooop" Kris cringed at the ringing sound and pumped his forehead with the table again. 
"There there" Tao patted his back. 
Luhan laughed at him then brought his phone up to look at the caller ID. *Yunwo ?!!!* 
"Hey don't worry it's not her" Luhan bit his lower lip. 
*It's his first time calling me ! And it's school time Did something happen ? Then again where's Yumi i haven't see her around* Luhan mind kept functioning some freaking thoughts. He was a bit concerned. 
"Emm i gotta take this" he stood up and walked away to answer it. 
 
 
"Heeey buddy" Luhan answered. "Hyung" Yunwo voice came out shaky from the other line which made Luhan dead worry. 
"Yunwo did something happen ? Are you okay ?" Luhan asked. 
"Yes it's nothing. I just need a ride home" Yunwo voice became quieter. He was too embarrassed but he had no one else to ask. 
"But it's still school hour ? Don't tell me you're ditching" 
"No it's not that .. I'm sorry i shouldn-" 
"I didn't mean it like that" Luhan hurriedly said. How can he turn down a little boy when he ask him in this way. 
"I .. I'll be there in a minute wait for me" Luhan said and hang up. He looked at the clock displayed in his home screen then sighed. *Class is starting now* 
He brought his phone near and started typing something then he slipped it in his pocket and stormed off the building. 
 
 
 
"No i had some work" You answered the girl next to you. "But the teacher divided us to partners and spoke about a really important project. Haven't you hear that from your partner ?" The girl exclaimed totally surprised. 
"My partner ?!" You frowned pointing at yourself. Before the girl get to speak your phone peeped signaling a message. "Hold up that thought" You stopped her and got it out to read the message. 
 
'I'm ditching today. You better write down some respectful notes about every single detail' 
 
You closed your eyes and scratched your temple. *What is he taking me for just oredering me like this without even saying please ? His nerdy slave ?*
You held the phone tightly and started typing. 
 
'A simple 'plz' wouldn't have killed anyone PLUS nice people don't ditch and tell others to take notes for them' 
 
You pressed send and placed the phone back on your bag then you turned to the girl again.
"So we were saying ?" You smiled at her.
"Your partner" The girl raised her brow. 
"Yes right. Tell me who is he ? I need to scold him for not telling me about this at all" You nod aggressively. 
"It's Luhan" 
"Say Lu-what again ?!!" 
 
 
 
Luhan parked the car a little far away from the school gate. Before he even get off the car little Yunwo opened the passenger seat and jumped in.He was wearing a cap that cover his face. 
"O h hey Yunwo" Luhan waved.
"I'm sorry i called you to take me home but i didn't have anyone else to call" Yunwo said looking down. 
"Hey Yunwo don't be bothered by it we're family now right ? So tell why are you going home early ? Are you sick ?" 
"Can you go please. I'll tell you on the way" Yunwo begged. 
"I'm sorry. I can't take you like this usually there's guardian signing if you went out during school hours or they'd call your father and say you went messing" Luhan nod. "By the way does he know ?" 
Yunwo stayed silent and just kept looking down. 
"I'm guessing no" Luhan mumbled. 
 
"I called my dad and told him that Yumi noona will take me home after school and called noona and told her that dad will take me. You didn't tell her i called you did you ?" Yunwo asked worriedly slightly lifting his head. 
"Of course not but .. I wonder why don't you want them to fitch you up today ?" Luhan mused. He didn't get an answer so he leaned in and snatched the cap from his head to find Yunwo bruised face and swollen cheek. 
 
"OH HELL WHAT THA !!" An immediate reaction from Luhan he yelled. Yunwo looked down biting his lips. His eyes were getting watery again and it's obvious that he already cried enough. 
"Kang Yunwo !! You were bullied ? Wha-" Luhan stopped seeing Yunwo holding himself from crying. He sighed frustratingly. 
"Did the school do any thing about it ?" Luhan asked calmly this time. 
"You- " Yunwo sniffed. "You can't tell noona and dad about this ? P-promise me that please" 
*It's obvious it's not the first time he get bullied* Luhan thought. "Want me to keep it a secret ?" He asked. 
Yunwo looked up to see Luhan and slowly nod. "Then wipe your tears and come with me first" 
"Where ?" Yunwo raised his voice. Luhan smiled at him and simply answered. "Guardian signing" And he stopped the engine and went out of the car.
 
Luhan made his way confidently to the teachers room were Yunwo guided him. Typical from him he went in without knocking which caught the attention from all the teachers to him. 
All of them were setting obviously discussing something important. Luckily for him the principle was there herself too. 
"Hello" Luhan scoffed seeing everyone eyeing him. 
 
"Excuse me Teenage boy. Can i help you with something ?" The principle raised her brow. She was sending him an annoyed stare. 
"How rude of you to come in like this without any note" A male teacher rolled his eyes. 
"What are you doing here ? This is an elementary school. High schoolers are not aloud here" Another teacher said and the principle agreed nodding her head. 
 
Luhan poked the inside of his mouth with his tongue not caring what the teachers were saying. When they finished he stepped in and came to stand in front of the principle. He showed her his identity card bringing it right up to her face.
 
"Am i still not aloud here ?" Luhan smirked. 
 
"You're a Lu ?" The principle eyes widen. 
"From the Lu f-family" The rude teacher from earlier stuttered. 
The principle let out a breath to calm her nerve. "What can i do for you ? You're here as a parent ?" 
"Close" Luhan pressed on. "See i came to fitch up a friend here. No you can say my little brother and i saw looking like .. Hey Kang Yunwo" Luhan called. 
 
Yunwo came in looking down. 
He then hurried to come next to Luhan and tugged his shirt. "You said guardian signing only" 
Yunwo said lowering his voice. 
Luhan ignored him and bent down beside him cupping Yunwo's face to make him look up. 
 
"Like this ? What do you teach the kids here" Luhan said then stood up again. 
All the teachers seemed surprised looking at Yunwo's face. 
The principle cleared . "We have a strict rule about school violence here" She said. 
"Well, He didn't come from home looking like this" Luhan replied. 
"Alright. Where's Kang Yunwo homeroom teacher ?" The principle called. A teacher raised her hand hesitatingly. 
"Did you know of such a violent act in your class ?" 
 
Before the teacher answer Luhan interrupted. "Apparently yes cuz it's not the first time this happen. It's usual that the teacher turn a blind eye on bullies it's always like that but even if he's a little kid !!
 typical from a school like this" Luhan spat.
"Excuse me but you can't say this about .." The principle started talking but Luhan cut her off  or continued for her. 
"A crappy school like this ? Yes. You didn't even know about this meaning you don't watch the kids . That won't sound very good if it reached the ministry of education now will it ?" Luhan threatened leaving the principle silent. 
 
"I think i proved my point I'm letting it slide this time but still I expect you to contact the other boy parents a fact of immediately Oh and  keep a good eye on the students if you don't want me to file this against you.  I'll take him with me now" Luhan continued. 
"It's still lunch time and we have a nurse that can treat him no need to take him" The principle prompted. Luhan looked at her like she was joking.
"Yeah Like i'll leave him here like this. Come on Yunwo" Luhan started walking with Yunwo till he reached the door. He turned to them one more time to say a last word. 
 
"Uh something like this happen again and i swear i will .. TAKE OVER THIS SCHOOL and FIRE EVERY SINGLE ONE WORKING HERE TO HIRE BETTER PEOPLE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS" With a last grin he went out.
 
The principle let out a sigh and collapsed on the chair. "What a rich boy can do when he have tons of money and a lot of free time in his hand" She mumbled.
"Can he really take the school ?" A teacher asked. "He's a Lu. In a blink of an eye you'll find yourself in streets begging for a new job. Don't take his threat lightly he's not nice like he look" She sighed. 
"And Ms. Kim That boy is in your class why didn't you report such a violence act" 
 
 
"Fasten your seat belt" Luhan instructed.  "Hmm Yunwo if anything like this happen again give me a call okay" 
"Hyung" Yunwo mumbled. "You're scary how do noona keep up with you" He said in disbelief.
Luhan laughed. "Right now your face is the thing scary. You didn't dodge any punches. Didn't you even hit back ?"
"You didn't see the kid. He's so BIG" Yunwo exaggerated. 
 
" Heh Okay let's go see a doctor then let's grab something to eat. Maybe sign you up for a karate class too" 
 
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________
So extremely SOORRRYYYY to be this late on update.
My device broke down and fixing it and restoring everything sure took a lot of time.
And i think you expected a better chappy well yeah I'm kinda bored with this one myself xP
I'll try to fire the next one up. No promises though :P L Y'all