Chapter 29: Objection

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

3 knocks on the door.

“Who is it?” You stupidly asked as you applied your everyday makeup. I mean who else will it be other than him. You rolled your eyes.

Then again you could swear it’s the first time he ever knock. Like ever

“Come have lunch”

“The ajummah came back?”

“Yeah”

You stood up to open the door. “Who eats lunch at 3:40?” You frowned at him.

“People who wake up at 2, spend half an hour hiding in the bathroom and then more than a freaking hour to wash up and get ready for their day that is already half over” He said without taking a breath.

“The night is young” You closed your eyes singing the words.

“The sun is still up” He pointed up with the frown still in his face. Like he’s really talking to an idiot.

“Make sense” You said closing the door behind you. He walked first and you followed him trying to match his base.

“So what are we doing today?”

“We are working on our project”

“Do I look like I dressed up to stay at home all day” You stood in front of him making him look clearly at what you’re wearing. Black tight jeans with a light red-cropped top and a white jacket.

“Who said we are staying home we are going to the library” He said passing you leaving you dumbfounded.

“Library? What will we do in the library?” You followed him.

“We don’t even have our references yet” He stood to make a point. Then continued his way to the kitchen. “Seriously you even call yourself a college student” He muttered.

“Ajummah How are you doing? I missed you” You greeted cheerfully but it was returned with scowl.

You blinked awkwardly then went to take your seat on the dining table.

“Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning” You whispered meaning only for Luhan to hear.

“Don’t blame her she had to dump the breakfast she made and reheat lunch three times now”

You turned to take a glance at her but seeing her still scowling you quickly turned around.

“Scary” You whispered and started digging in your lunch.

“Its cold” You whispered to Luhan. But you could swear the knives creaking to each other sounds was meant for you to hear. You gulped.

“You had to annoy her when she’s putting away the knives” He leaned in whispering with a playful tone. You gulped again and continued your food in silence. Half way done with your food you decided it's time for the two of you to talk about last night, you looked up at him but immediately looked down at your food.

'If i asked things will be awkward, and he said nothing happened. Let me just trust him on this one and leave it as it is' You thought.

 

“Can we go somewhere first before we hit the library?” You turned to him clutching to your seatbelt.

“Where to?” He asked not interested.

“Hospital” You muttered.

“NO”

“Why?”

“NO” You’ll end up like yesterday, he thought.

“But I only want to know” You whined.

“Some things are better unknown” He replied calmly. You’ll only end up hurt.

“You don’t get it” You argued.

“Trust me I do” He fought back.

You huffed your cheeks and looked out of the window.

 

 

“Why do we need all of these books!” You gasped at the pile of books he placed on the table.

“Bcuz we freaking did not start yet. And it’s freaking due this week”

“That’s freaking horrible” You mimicked the same tone he used mocking him. He shot you a glare that made you look down.

“First things first. What do you know about marketing?”

“You market products or services to increase the purchasing power” You mumbled. Luhan looked at you surprised for a second. But the surprise element vanished when he saw the book opened in front of you and you pointing at the line. Of course, he thought.

“So we need to pick up a product or a service. I think a product will be better” He said tapping his chin as he flipped a couple of pages.

“Oh I know I know. Lipsticks” You clapped like it’s the greatest idea you can ever think of.

“Lipsticks?” Luhan said in disbelief. You nodded eagerly.

“You know you were this close from making me trust you are not as superficial as you look but you just ruined it” He shook his head dramatically.

 You laughed. “What’s wrong about marketing lipsticks?”

“Lipsticks seriously” He said again, still in awe on how you believe this is a good idea. "Do I look like a freaking girl to you!!"

"You seriously want me to answer that?" Your raised your brow. He glared at you again.

“You are just jealous bcuz you never applied it on” You said challengingly.

“What a way to attack and question my manly self” He said pretending to be hurt.

“You’ll look good with lipsticks, maybe mascara too” You teased. “And if your hair was longer you'll look girlier than I am”

“Shut up”

“I have a lipstick in my purse you want to try it on” You said getting it out.

“What no get that thing away from me” He turned completely around in defense.

“Essh” You scoffed. “Okay your lost”

You started putting it on yourself using your phone front camera to see.

Luhan turned around slowly staring at you. He swallowed and went back to the books.

 

 

“Finally” You growled in relief. “We handed in that damned project” You walked out of the class with Luhan by your side. “It was killing me. You were killing me”

“That’s bcuz you’ve been slacking off from the begining of the semester. You had to pay for that”

“We went to the library for four days and we stayed there till they kicked us out. You made me read 6 books in four days, which is more than I’ve ever read in my entire life. You made me walk, talk drink eat and breathe marketing for four effing days all day all night. That’s not payoff that’s torture”

“And it paid off. We did a good job I’m pretty satisfied with the results” He nodded.

“We did about recycling as a service who does that. The closest thing to satisfaction will ever see is a D”

“It’s a good cause with a wall of benefits. It’s a guarantee A++” He said confidently.

“It better be. It’s my first time working hard for school” You sighed. “Anyway please tell me you’re free now” You gave him an innocent look blinking your eyes.

“What do you want?”

“A ride home” You said. “I’m done with my classes for today and my schedule is free so I really just wanna go home and collapse till tomorrow. I’m so tired”

Luhan looked at you for a half second. Don’t, his inner mind scolded him.

“Sure” He shrugged. No you have a class you , he cursed himself.

“Really. You’re done with your classes too!” You jumped. Ride, home, bed, your mind relaxed.

“Yeah” Luhan answered. But you have economics idiot, he continued scolding himself yet not listening to himself.

“I’m quite tired too so why not” He tried but failed on playing it cool, his voice only came out soft and nice. Economics you bastard economic- ugh whatever, his inner mind gave up on him.

I’m not driving her home for the hell of it, he thought trying to make sense of himself. I’m just really tired too this past week was rough. I need to rest too.

 

 

Your phone buzzed signaling a text.

***

OOOMG Yumi. You and Luhan !!!

When? How? Where? And why why why?

Aren’t I your so-called BFF you hag why am I clueless!!!

DETAILS…

_Ariyoung.

***

 

What are you talking about it doesn’t make any sense.

There’s nothing going on you know we are working on project together.

There’s nothing more into it.

If there was, you are the first to know it I swear.

_Yumi.

***

Then what’s with the hanging out and laughing in the hallways!

And you got in his car. Don’t deny it I saw you.

_Ariyoung

***

Well, he’s a friendly guy. He offered to drive me home when he knew I was done with my classes like him.

And we handed in our final project so yeah I don’t even think he’ll say hi to me when he pass me in the hallways anymore.

And you of all people should know that he is NOT MY TYPE.

_Yumi.

***

And you know he has a girlfriend.

_Yumi

***

 

 

Yeah that’s true I almost forgot ;) sorry for questioning but you can’t blame me when you're out there hanging with him and acting all cute. (Don’t comment on that)

Anyway, can I meet with you later on. I have something important and personal I want to share ;;)

_Ari

***

That’s sounds promising ;)  I can’t wait to hear it.

When to meet? Later today

Xx

_Yumi

 

***

No I’m going out of town with my mom to visit grandma. I'm skipping classes tmw.

Make it Saturday. xx

_Ari

***

Saturday it is. Cant wait :D

_ Yumi

***

“You do have a girlfriend don’t you” You slipped your phone at the back pocket of your jeans and followed Luhan inside the house.

“Girlfriend?” He continued his way not interested.

“Jung Ara?” You said. Her name alone made Luhan shiver.

“Oh God. Don’t even say her name” Luhan rubbed the upper part of his arm.

“Jung Ara” You repeated it just bcuz he told you not to.

He jumped again. “Eh. Stop it”

“Why what happened?” You laughed a little expecting to hear some news.

“She was a nightmare” Luhan simply stated and made his way to the couch.

“Objection. She is a nice girl I know her” You stood at the end of the couch.

"Of course the world is a wonderful place filled with nice people, rainbows and unicorns" He mocked with a girly tone.

"Objection, i'm not a little girl why are you talking to me like that"

"Yeah i almost forgot you're an advocate for the 'nice people' commity when you're not that nice yourself"

"Objection..." but you were cut off before you continued.

“Okay okay. You can say we did not work. Happy? Now get the hell out of my sight” He laid down on the couch.

“Wait. Does that mean your lips are still !” You held back your laugh.

“Shut up”

“Oh my God”

“Shut up” He said more stern this time.

“Okay” you breathed. “So…. Aren’t you gonna take a nap in your room?”

“What is it to you?” His eyes were already closed.

“Well, if you’re going to nap here can I sleep in your room?” You asked then bit your lip.

“What?” Luhan eyes popped open. “NO”

“Your bed is more comfortable it’s not fair. You're not using it now”

“NO”

“Please”

“NO” He closed his eyes again.

“Why?”

“NO”

"Objection"

"Enough with that objection crap already. No means NO"

You huffed your cheeks in frustration. “Fine” You growled and made your way upstairs.

“I’m serious stay away from my room” Luhan yelled behind warning.

After 5 minutes he sat properly. “I will donate my organs if that girl listened to me” He talked to himself. “She’s definitely in my room”

He turned around and jumped in surprise when he saw the housekeeper.

Staring at him, like he was a crazy crazy person.

“Ajumaah, You’re here to clean I bet you don’t want me to bother you. I’m just gonna go to my room. Okay? Okay” And he ran.

 

 

“Of course” He scoffed when he entered his room seeing you calmly breathing under the cover. She never listens, He thought.

Well what can I do now I’m also tired and its only fair that I sleep in my bed.

Just before he walk another step, his phone vibrated in his pocket signaling a message.

 

***

Come home after college. I need to talk to you.

***

It was from his dad. Well this looks important he thought and sighed before turning his heel.

 

 

You woke up sometimes around 6 surprised that he did not bother you.

I really have nothing to do today, you sighed.

I know I have to get out of this bed and at least have the courtesy to go to my room but this bed is so damn comfortable.

You flipped again and before you knew it you were asleep again.