Chapter 19: Nice Luhan ?

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

 
"Hey Kang Yumi wake up" Luhan called.
 
It was weird that he's the one awake and you're not since it usually go the other way round. 
"Hmmmm" Your voice came up weak. You opened your eyes lightly and straightened yourself.
The solid floor really got the best out of you. And nothing really helped that day. 
 
"I'm up" You stood up. 
Luhan eyed you suspiciously. You didn't look like you always do. You were pale and looked kinda tired even for a someone who just woke up. 
"Hey you okay? You look like crap" He commented what he think. "Well i just woke up didn't i?" You managed to answer then left the room. 
Luhan just shrugged not caring to ask furthermore. 
 
 
"Yumi honey are you okay? You look pale today" Mrs. Lu worriedly said. 
You rubbed your stomach to ease the pain. "Yeah i'm fine" You faked a smile.
"You sure darling?" She asked again. 
"She's on her monthly but she keep saying she's fine" Luhan flatly said while shoving some food in his mouth. 
Your jaw dropped eyeing him in disbelief.
 
He did not just say that out loud in front of his parents. 
 
"Son !" Mrs. Lu scolded. "You don't embarrass your wifey like that. Have some manners" 
"What ? She said she's fine. Right Yumi?" He turned to you. 
You gritted your teeth. "Yes. Ehm Honey i'm fine can we just go we'll be late for collage" 
"It's still-" Before he finish you hit his arm. "Let's go" 
"Okay okay" Luhan rised from his seat. 
"Yenny you're coming?" He turned before going. "Nah I'm still hungry beside my mom is accompanying me today" She smiled widely like a little kid happy that her mom is coming to school today. 
"Yeah.. Right I couldn't be more glad to go with my daughter" Mrs.Lu smiled ridiculously. 
"You two go. We'll go with the driver" 
 
 
"Why pulling me out when i obviously didn't finish my breakfast ?! " Luhan nagged as he started the engine. 
"Why embarrass me like that in front of your parents" You said through gritted teeth. 
"What did i say ?" Luhan mumbled and stepped on the accelerator. 
"My mont-.. You know what just drop it whatever" You rolled your eyes. 
 
A brief silence went by before he spoke again. "By the way. Find a ride home today i can't drive you i have a .. Thing" 
"What 'Thing' could you possibly have?" You quoted 'thing' with your fingers. 
"Just a personal thing. Why would you want to know?" He said flatly. 
"Oh no it's just if your mother asked where are you ? I want to know what to tell her" You reasoned nodding. To be honest you were just curious. 
"Well i'm going on a date so feel free to cover for me" He pressed on and looked at you briefly. 
 
"Oooh i see that you're really enjoying yourself now. Is it your first date too" You teased while rubbing your stomach gently. There was a slight pain but you thought it was okay.
"Yeah it's my first. anything else" He said a bit annoyed. 
"Nope. Just throw away your grumpy attitude and everything will be okay" 
"I didn't ask for an advise and .. Are you okay ?" He turned briefly again then focused his gaze on the road. His tone was flat.
You removed your hand and made it limply on your side. "Yeah i'm fine" You cleared your throat.
"You don't look fine" He commented. 
*Not feeling fine either* but you chose not to speak as you rolled on one side. 
 
--
 
"Hey Lulu don't you have a date today?" Xiumin asked The sleeping Luhan. 
They were gathering at Kris place. Again
"Hmm i don't feel like going I'm tired" Luhan rolled on the couch. 
"Dude you always sleep. Why are you tired ? " Lay commented. Luhan didn't reply and just ignored his question which made him receive a knock on the head. Still he didn't react. 
 
"Hey if you're going to sleep go to your place why are you sleeping in mine?" Kris shook Luhan body vigorously. 
Luhan sat up a little annoyed. "Is it a crime to sleep here!! Do you guys get paid just to wake me up seriously" Luhan snorted. 
"If we get paid for that your will never reach the couch buddy" Tao pointed. The others laughed.
Luhan huffed and laid down again. 
 
"Right how did your girlfriend responded when you canceled the date ?" Chen questioned seating himself next to Luhan .
"What girlfriend ?" Luhan mumbled with his eyes closed. The others eyed each other then looked at him again.
"You're kidding !! Jung Ara who else" Xiumin said in disbelief. 
"That's her name" Luhan said in a bored tone. His eyes still closed. 
"Unbelievable" Kris muttered. "So you didn't tell her?" 
"YOU DIDN'T TELL HER ?" Tao retorted. 
 
"Why ? Is she supposed to know?" 
 
With that question Luhan got pulled up from his sleeping position and was forced to set by everyone. 
"What?" He half yelled. 
"You'll get dumped already. What the hell !" Lay pointed. 
"Yeah call her" Chen demanded. 
"Am i supposed to have her number ?" Luhan shrugged. The others gaped dramatically. 
"What in the world did you do when you asked her out?" Kris asked shaking his head a bit. 
 
"Hey. Wanna go out ?" Luhan said cooly then shrugged again. 
 
"Just" They all cooed. 
"Just enough to make her smile like an idiot and nod eagrly" Luhan said confidently. 
"Okay it's official. You at dating" Xiumin yelled in his face. 
"Okay save the lecture to later" Luhan said shutting him up. "I'm going home to continue my dreams since it's impossible to sleep in here and it's only the half of you" Luhan stood up.
 
"Yaaah You better call her if you don't want to live alone grandpa !!" Chen yelled behind him. 
"Already said that i don't have the number" With that Luhan left. 
 
"How does that guy live his life" Xiumin tsked. "Do you think he's gay?" He continued asking seriously. And immediately received a smack on the head from Kris. 
"Gay what gay. He just look like he had something in his mind" Lay mused. 
"You think he's secretly dating someone Already ? " Xiumin leaned closer to the others who eyed him weirdly. 
"Oh please now you will tell me that he's secretly married too" Tao scoffed and rolled his eyes.
"Stop being ridiculous Hyung" He continued. 
"Yeah" Kris immediately agreed feeling a little nervousness. "Stop being ridiculous" He repeated. 
 
--
 
Luhan entered the house to See his mom and Yenny setting next to each other on the couch watching TV.
*Guess the parents meeting council went good this time* 
"Where's dad?" He suddenly asked making his mom and Yenny aware of his presence. 
"Oh you're home" His mom responded. "Your dad is still at work" She replied with a sigh. 
 
"Why so down?" Luhan asked and came to set . 
"Yenny is suspended again for two days" His mom sighed again. Luhan eyes traveled from his mom to Yenny who seemed proud of what she did that she did a peace sign. 
"Is that something to be happy about you twerp" Mrs. Lu whacked Yenny's head. 
"Ouch Omma" 
*Okay wrong it definitely didn't go well* Luhan scoffed in his head. 
"Oppa is it fair to be suspended for only two days and be grounded for a whole month" Yenny asked for a back up but it wasn't really the time for Luhan to back her up on this. 
 
"Nooo it's totally not fair" He started with a little exaggeration in his voice. 
"See mom i told you" Yenny snapped. 
"Yeah mom where's the fairness in this ? She should get at least a month for each day cuz this suspension thing is seriously repeating a lot these days" Luhan finished and stood up. 
Yenny jaw dropped. "OPPAA!!" 
 
"You know what You're right. This girl will never learn else way" His mom nod in agreement. 
Yenny face palmed herself *Okay someone gonna have to regret this* She thought as she glared at her brother. "Thanks a lot Bro" She pressed on every word angrily. 
"No brop" He chuckled then his gaze immediately turned to his mother again.
"By the way where's Yumi ?" He asked straight foreword. 
"Huh ? Doesn't she have a schedule today !! I didn't see her around" His mom replied. 
 
"Hmm ?" Luhan tilted his head. "Well maybe" With that he darted upstairs. 
"See that. He doesn't even know his wife schedule" Yenny pointed loudly. 
"Just like you didn't know that you have school on Friday" Her mom snapped back at her daughter smiling ridiculously. 
"Okay That's different. 5 days at school are just too much" Yenny defended.
"Well. Let's see if two months at home will be too much to bear too" 
"Two month without school too !!" Yenny gaped, delightful.
"Nu uh that's the only place you'll be visiting for the next two months darling" Her mom beamed in victory. 
"Yey i could not be happier" Yenny cheered deadly. 
 
 
Luhan entered his bedroom. His eyes traveling around to see you in your usual place at the floor. He actually got a bit surprise to see you. 
"Sleeping Already ?" He wondered.
No respond. 
"Weird. You're still in your cloths from the morning ! And you still has your shoes on ! Heh are you sure you're asleep?" He came closer to where you were sleeping. 
 
He shrugged when you didn't answer him and went to take a quick shower. Though it was still early he wanted nothing more but to sleep. So as soon as he came out from the bathroom he threw himself on the bed and without even thinking of anything he dozed off. 
 
 
Around 2 or 3 past midnight Luhan eyes slowly opened. He shut his eyes hard then opened it again. 
He let out a growl and pressed on his arm to set. *Ugh* He rubbed his eyes. 
"I hate when i wake up at night" He hissed to himself then let out a sigh. 
 
Giving up on going back to sleep he hoped off his bed and stretched his arm. 
He looked over to where you were supposed to be sleeping peacefully but there wasn't but the blanket. 
Luhan frowned curiously. *Looks like i'm not the only one up* 
Without a second thought he left the room to see what new trouble you're in now. Not like he had anything better to do.
 
After passing the kitchen the living room and the game room he was almost sure that you escaped the house. 
But then when he was about to go back upstair he noticed the lights of the dressing room in the end of the corner on. 
He let out a scoff. *Looks like the model is still in the house* 
He moved closer to the room and peaked through the slightly open door. 
 
You messed your hair and grabbed your shirt to pull it off. 
 
Luhan immediately stepped away to the side. His heart skipped a beat. 
She was changing her cloths and he was just peeking. His mind played some tricks on him. 
She's changing.
He leaned on the wall and took a deep breath to calm himself. 
Wth am i doing here ? He shook his head. 
 
Okay Luhan concentrat- "What are you doing here?" Your voice interrupted his thoughts. 
But like he wasn't even affected he replied coldly.
"You just remembered to change! Heh" 
"Heh? See that because i have a lovely husband who adore me so much that he didn't even wake me up to change when it was obvious that i accidentally fell asleep" You said sarcastically with a phony smile. 
"And how was i supposed to know that you accidentally fell asleep huh?" He replied with the same tone your giving him. 
"I wasn't even sleeping on the blanket. I was on the floor with my shoes on!" You said in a duh tone. 
"Really ? I did not notice i came and slept immediately because SOMEONE did not let me sleep well the day before" He pointed his tone rising and lowering. 
"That was yesterday what are you doing up today ? Don't tell me i woke you up too" You scoffed mockingly. 
 
"Yeah actually i had to wake up and guard the door while you change cuz you apparently can't close a door behind you" 
"Okay. Your mom is a girl, Your sister is a girl, The maids are all girls and for your father even if he woke up this hour he won't be wondering around the house three in the morning. And that leave us with the ert standing before me" You hissed and eyed him from head to toe. 
 
"Now you put it like that i feel sorry for myself cuz i'll be having nightmares for a really long time after what i saw" He fibbed grinning then he walked away from you. 
You widen your eyes and blinked rapidly. "Wait You were really peeking when i was changing !!!" You yelled and trailed behind him. 
"What the fuzz about not like there's anything to see anyway" He continued his way heading to the kitchen with a playful smile slightly forming on his face while you kept following behind. 
 
"U- YAAAAAH You really ? U-" 
 
"Eish relax i'm just kidding" He reached for the fridge and poured himself a glass of water. 
You let out a heavy deep sigh. "Huh You call that kidding" You narrowed your eyes at him. 
He took a seat on the kitchen counter placing the glass of water on it. He didn't even bother to reply. 
You scoffed and took the chair beside him.
 
"So you just couldn't sleep?" You asked.  
"Couldn't go back to sleep" He corrected. "And Yes" He answered. 
You nod along. "And you?" He asked afterward which made you a little surprise that he was actually having a conversation with you not yelling fighting or asking you to shut up.
"Well my stomach hurt from the early morning it's totally killing me. That's why i was sleeping like that i think" You answered honestly not even hesitating about it. 
"It still hurt?" He asked then drank his water. 
"Yeah" You nod as you placed your hand on your stomach and rubbed it gently. Again
 
"Heeey i'm hungry" You suddenly nudged. "So?" He replied automatically. 
"Cook for me" You pouted with a whining sound. 
"That's why your stomach hurt you ?" He scoffed. "Because you're hungry ?" 
"Maybe" You giggled awkwardly. "So you'll cook for me?" You tone rose getting excited. 
"Cook for yourself" 
"I don't know how to cook" You lowered your head. 
"Like i do know" He scoffed.
"You don't?" You blinked. 
"Then again you're spoiled. Of course you won't know how to cook" 
 
Luhan chuckled in disbelief looking at you. "Looks like you're the spoiled one cuz i actually know how to cook" He nod. 
"Really!!" You brightened. 
"Yes but i'm not cooking for you" He shrugged. 
"Ugh Waaaeee???" You whined. 
Luhan then rose from his seat reaching the top shelf and throwing a ramen package in front of you before setting back again. 
 
"I believe you can cook that for yourself" He pointed.
"I'm so hungry i can't even argue about what to eat"
"Well no one told you to skip dinne-"
"Cook it for me" You shoved it in front of his face. 
 
"No" He pushed your hand. 
 
"Ugh my stomach" You faked more pain. Your stomach did hurt a little but not like the way you exaggerated it to be. 
 
"Stop it" 
 
"Awww" You fake cried. 
 
"Eish. You sound like a pregnant women who's about to give birth" He rolled his eyes and grabbed the Ramen.
 
"Yey" You clapped lightly. You were actually amazed that Luhan is welling to cook for you. Even if it was something simple like Ramen. 
 
You kept staring at him while he was making it. 
"Are you good?" You mumbled resting your cheeks on the side of the counter but still had a clear view of him. 
 "It's just ramen" He said in a duh tone.
You giggled ridiculously.
 
"You look cute when you're cooking"
 
"What?" 
 
"Nothing" Your eyes widen and you lifted up your head realizing you actually said your thoughts out loud. 
"Heh. Are you drunk or something ?" 
"Maybe the lack of sleep affected my brain" You scratched your head mumbling to yourself. 
"That's not the only thing that affect your brain" He muttered. 
"What?" 
And the silence conquered when he decided yet again not to reply you. 
 
 
"It doesn't look good" You made a face. 
"Just shove it in your mouth" He commanded annoyingly. 
"I don't feel like it any more" You pushed the bowl away from you.
 
"Oh no You will finish this now that you made me make it for you" He warned feeling a little disappointed. But he was surely not letting you go just like this.
"But i don't think i want it any more" You looked at your bowl sheepishly then looked at his bowl.
 
"I'm a great cook Don't underestimate me k?. Now you're going to finish this even if i had to shove it down your throat myself" He pointed with his chopstick then begun eating. 
He was hungry himself because he too skipped dinner earlier. 
 
"God it's just ramen. Even if it was good i can't say that you're a good cooker i mean even Yunwo can cook this" You said grabbing the chopstick on the side. 
"Eish. You should be thankful that i made it for you" He spat. 
"Oh right. Thank you my dear hubby for making this lovely feast for me" You said sarcastically and bowed.
"Don't call me that again" Luhan pointed with his chopstick. "Now eat" He pointed up. 
You shook your head and started eating.
 
Luhan looked at you like a young kid waiting the outcomes of the prank he pulled on his friend. 
You met eyes with him with your mouth full with noodles. 
"You want to know what i think about this?" You asked seriously while chewing your food. 
"Nooo" Luhan snapped, cleared his throat then went back to his bowl. 
"Good cuz it's just ramen" You pointed again.
 
Luhan huffed and looked down at his bowl apparently disappointed. You sneaked a peak at him and smiled. This guy is a kid after all !! Why the hell did they marry him. 
 
 
You continued rubbing your stomach while you made your way upstairs with Luhan on your side. 
"Why do you keep rubbing your stomach ?" He wondered looking down at your hand. You felt embarrassed a little and removed it to leave it limply on your side. 
"Nah it just eases the pain" You gave a weak smile and continued your way up. 
 
When you entered the room you immediately made your way to the blanket on the floor but Luhan stopped you before you lay down. 
"Umm.. Just take the bed" He pointed. You looked at him seriously wondering if he was being serious. 
"And where will you sleep ?" You asked straightforward. 
"It's big enough for two" He shrugged. "In that case forget it" Again you attempted to lay down but he stopped you. 
 
"Come on Your stomach hurt right you can't sleep on the solid floor. And there's no way i'll give up the bed for you so just sleep on it" He said. You gave him a weird look.
"Not like it'll be the first time we share one bed" He rolled his eyes. You took his logic in consider and stood up before he change his mind. Seriously why be so full of pride no one like sleeping on the hard ground. 
 
You laid on your back and pulled the cover over you. Luhan laid beside you on his side facing you. 
He looked at you for few seconds before speaking. 
"Still in pain?" He asked flatly. You just shut your eyes close and ignored his question trying to sleep.
He wasn't really fond of your reaction but he continued anyway. 
 
"Maybe i can help" he moved closer in the bed and reached his hand under your shirt to rub your stomach. You jumped at your place from his touch and immediately opened your eyes widely. 
 
You croaked your head to the side meeting eyes with him. He had a tired eyes but he didn't look like he was planning to sleep. 
 
"When did you ever decided to be nice ?" You chuckled like it was nothing big. A warm feeling engulfed you seeing him nice and caring for the first time. 
Luhan eyes couldn't leave yours while his heart was thudding rapidly in his chest. A new feeling he never experienced. 
"I'm always nice Didn't you know ?" He managed to protest keeping his volume in one tone. 
 
You reached for his hand and pulled it covering your bare stomach and placing his hand again on your stomach but over the shirt this time. 
"Nice with little limits. That's how you do it" You pointed smiling. "But thank you" You whispered then closed your eyes wanting nothing but to sleep.
 
 Luhan kept looking at your sleeping form still moving his hand on your stomach. 
He kept rubbing for few minutes till he dozed off like that.