"Jaejoong's Payback Plan"

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

 

Part 5: Jaejoong’s Payback Plan

 

 

Jaejoong was standing before all of his officemates. Yunho, Junsu and Ji Won were there with him too.

 

“As you guys know, we’ve hired the new PA for Junsu-shi…and here is he…Kim Jaejoong…please show him your support, guides and assist him in whatever needed…”

 

Jaejoong bowed slightly right after Yunho introduced him to them.

 

“I’m Kim Jaejoong…nice to meet all of you and please guide me…” He bowed again. All eyes were on him and he couldn’t describe how nervous he is at that time.

 

The first impression is always crucial because that would decide his future in that company and he definitely doesn’t want to give the wrong impression to them on his first day of working. They were staring at him expressionless and Jaejoong was trying hard to smile as genuine as he can and not turning into something awkward. The nervousness was killing him.

 

“Finally~!!! We finally have a hottie in our department~!” The girls squealed while clapping their hands in joy; contradicted with the scene he imagined inside his head.

 

His eyes grew wider watching them squealing hysterically like they’re celebrating something. The incoherent murmurs swept through the crowds as they’re talking and grinning. He looked to his side and saw Yunho, Junsu and Ji Won joining in chuckle.

 

“How old are you Kim Jaejoong-shi?”

 

“I’m 25 years old…” Jaejoong answered.

 

“Still young…and are you currently dating someone?” Another girl asked. And this time the murmurs went down and Jaejoong had all the attentions back at him.

 

A wry smile tipped up Yunho’s mouth as his pulse quickened with anticipation; couldn’t wait to hear what Jaejoong would answer.

 

“No I’m not…”

 

Another burst of cheering and squealing filled up the department. And Yunho’s eyes went big. He then faked a cough and cleared up his throat.

 

“It’s true that I’m not dating anyone…that’s because I’m married…”Jaejoong clarified while secretly sending a death glare to Yunho.

 

The gloom washed away their bright faces; turning them darker and sour. They let out a frustration sigh.

 

“Awww~~~!!! That’s such a waste…we missed another good candidate…”

 

“Why all the good men were already taken?”

 

“Tell us, Kim Jaejoong-shi…where should we go to find a man like you?”

 

Stranded at a foreign place like New York would be a right answer. It could change your title in just one night if you’re lucky.

 

If only he could say that out but nope, he’s not. He just kept it inside his heart. Yunho after all wasn’t a bad candidate. In fact, he’s the kind that everyone’s dreaming to marry. Well except for him. But he’s not the right place to quibble.

 

‘I was cheated into marrying a rich handsome man’ - like everyone would believe that. He would be accused of pretending to be so naïve and showing off that he could catch a huge fish in the ocean instead.

 

“It just happened that I found my other half a bit early than others…you’ll find yours sooner or later…” Jaejoong finished it with warmhearted smile; the one that everyone could tell that he’s deeply in love which he is, minus the lie.

 

“Awww~~~ you’re right, Kim Jaejoong-shi…we’re happy for you…”

 

Jaejoong’s answer had Yunho grinned like an idiot, so proud. Even though it was indirectly spoken to, he thought that was the most romantic words that Jaejoong even uttered to him.

 

Just then they heard someone heaved a heavy sigh. They turned their faces around and found Junsu stood with his body slightly hunched to the front; unenergetically.

 

“That’s mean, now I’m the only single person left…” He muttered.

 

“What were you saying, Jung Junsu-shi?”

 

They heard him at the first saying; they just wanted to reconfirm it. But Junsu didn’t respond to any of them. Instead, he looked over to his hyung with his lower lip protruded.

 

“Hyung~ find me someone like Jaejoong hyung too, please~” He pleaded like a kid. Jaejoong and Ji Won’s faces paled. Yunho threw his long arm over Junsu’s shoulder and cupped Junsu’s mouth.

 

“He apparently need some rest…” Yunho laughed nervously and pulled Junsu along with him, fleeing from the scene before Junsu blurt more.

 

“You may go back to works…” Ji Won gestured with her hand and motioned Jaejoong to follow them. Jaejoong bowed slightly to them and trailed them from the back. He watched as Yunho whispered something to Junsu’s ear and saw Junsu nodded twice in return before Yunho released him.

 

He stopped on his track. He jammed his hands into his pockets as he watched Junsu entered into the elevator followed by Ji Won. Jaejoong advanced closer to him and his steps died when he reached next to Yunho. Yunho threw a glance to him and smiled - the smile that never failed captivating Jaejoong’s heart.

 

“What are you smiling at?” Jaejoong said with a cold face though his heart pounded crazily; ready to burst out of his ribcage.

 

“I was thinking of changing your surname into mine…”

 

“Jung - Jaejoong…” He enunciated it while gesturing it with his hand; placing the invisible word side by side with a dreamy smile.

 

“It kinda has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?”

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes as he pressed the button for the elevator.

 

“In your dream!” He said and the door slid opened right after that. They stepped into the steel box. It’s empty and there’s no one else occupied that elevator at that time except for them.

 

Yunho shifted closer to him with a sly smirk.

 

“There’s so many things happened in my dream, if we’re talking about us…not just the name…”  Yunho moved his face closer to Jaejoong bringing along the sweet scent of his body. He moistened his dry lips and smiled.

 

Of course Jaejoong knew what Yunho’s referring to. He tried to remain unaffected despite the close distance but the scent emanated from Yunho’s body reminded him to their special night. Jaejoong closed his eyes tightly to shut the temptation of his handsome face. But Yunho make it hard for him to do so. Biting his lower lip; Jaejoong added some force as he stepped hard on Yunho’s foot. He smirked in victory when the latter winced in pain.

 

Jaejoong lifted his head to see the blinking number on the screen. There are 2 floors more to go before they reached their destination. He held his stomach feeling the sudden urges of passing wind – a side effect of the building nervousness.  He’s been holding it ever since the introduction to his co-workers and he doesn’t think he can hold it for too long. He then pressed the button and the elevator stopped, the door slid opened and he stepped out with a relief face. He just farted.

 

“Yah~!!! Did you just fart right in front of my nose?” Yunho’s hand extended to block the door from closing.

 

“It’s not good for you to dream for so long…That’s the wakeup call for you…”

 

“What the hell did you eat?! It smelled rotten! Hmmphh” Yunho cupped his mouth and looked up; gasping for fresh air.

 

“…and this wasn’t even the floor to my office!!!”

 

“I know…so enjoy your ride~!” Jaejoong pressed the ‘close’ button, winked and waved his hand to Yunho.

 

Yunho’s hands flew to his throat and forced the air into his lungs. His face turned reddish as he’s holding his breath only to gasp for oxygen not long after that. He thought he’s seeing the light to heaven when the door slid opened. He ran out of it and breathed properly.

 

“You think this going to make me hate you? Not a chance…I know how to fart too…” He murmured.

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong knocked the door and waited for Junsu to respond.

 

“Yes~!” He pushed the door and walked into the office. Junsu’s office is equally bigger as Yunho’s office except that it was completed with different touch of interior design.

 

Yunho opted for a sophisticated kind of look while Junsu chose a soothing kind of design that reminds you to your home. The clock strike 10 in the morning but Junsu’s condition worsened like it’s already 10 at night. Junsu lazed, he had his cheek cupped on the table staring out into the space. Jaejoong worried.

 

“Junsu-shi, what’s wrong?” He hurried to Junsu’s side.

 

“Drop the ‘shi’, hyung…you’re my hyung…” Junsu said weakly.

 

“But we’re in the office…and you’re my boss…”

 

“I don’t care…we’re family now…so you’re my hyung…and I’m your dongsaeng…” Junsu said; didn’t budge even a slight.

 

“Okay…now could you please tell me what’s wrong? You look like dying…” Jaejoong rested his palm against Junsu’s forehead to feel his temperature but Junsu’s just fine.

 

“I’ve been thinking about this for a while…”

 

“…I wonder how these flowers can survive. This pot doesn’t have the sand, it’s just some white stuffy Styrofoam and I don’t even need to sprinkle the water…” Junsu murmured.

 

“That’s because it’s plastic, Junsu-ah…the flowers are fake…” Jaejoong answered and pulled a chair to sit next to him.

 

“Really?” Junsu brought his fingers to touch the flowers.

 

“You’re right hyung! It’s fake…”

 

“Hmm…we could change it to the fresh one…I’d call and ask for the flowers to be delivered every morning…sounds good, isn’t? To have the fresh scent of flower filled up the room…it gets you energized…” Jaejoong suggested.

 

“Emmm~! I love that~!!!” Junsu responded with a cheerful tone.

 

Jaejoong smiled. In his eyes; Junsu was nothing but just a child. And now he has to work in that huge company with lots of pressure, he could understand why Junsu would act that way. He pulled Junsu into his embrace as he hugged the smaller man from the side. Junsu giggled.

 

*At the same time

Yunho was standing just outside of Junsu’s office. He left the door with a small gap so that he can eaves drop the conversation in between two people he loves the most.

 

“You’re not telling him yet, don’t you?” Ji Won came to stand next to him.

 

“I just wanna see whether or not he can handle it, whether or not he could figure out…”

 

“So you’re putting a test on him?”

 

“There’s a reason why I kept Junsu close to me, so that I can keep my eyes on him. Junsu isn’t like any other person…and if he can’t handle such a thing, maybe I should just agree for a divorce…” Yunho voiced out his point of view.

 

“…but I think my heart was right…I’ve chose the right person to marry with…” He added. His eyes softened at the view displayed in front of him.

 

“Yes…I think you did…” Ji Won patted his shoulder; approving it.

 

“So do we have to find a new one for my replacement?  If we have to, I want to arrange it…”

 

“No…you don’t have to…I’ll make it work somehow…” Yunho insisted to stick with Jaejoong no matter what.

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong spent the last 30 minutes coaxing Junsu to work but he failed. Junsu’s being asking him tons of unrelated questions like a kid would ask out of his curiosity. He asked a lot! If Jaejoong didn’t answer one question, Junsu would space out continued to think about it. And somewhere along that moment; Jaejoong thought that he’s babysitting a toddler instead of working in a huge company – not like he mind it. He loves kids. He always thinks that dealing with kids is much better than dealing with an adult.

 

But Junsu isn’t a kid. He’s an adult who currently behave like a kid. It got Jaejoong scratching his head because Junsu normally is fine. And at some point, he’s thinking way matured than those at his age.

 

He needed to set Junsu straight and he couldn’t think of anything else aside from alluring him into working by using delicious foods. So he went down by the cafeteria and bought a quite amount of mouth watering cakes and Junsu’s favorite ice-cream.

 

And now he’s sitting next to Junsu; finally discussing on something while eating ice-creams. Jaejoong shoved a spoonful of ice-cream into his mouth and flipped the page with his pinky finger. YJ Group wanted to add a new branch and in the process of looking for a new profitable place.

 

“We have one empty lot in Jeju Island and from my view, it is a great place.” Jaejoong pointed to one page and Junsu nodded without really looking at it. onto his finger, he’s opening a new ice-cream.

 

“Why we never attempt to open a new branch over there?”

 

“We tried…” Junsu paused, letting the ice-cream to melt down his throat.

 

“You see…we own only one part of this land…” He circled it with his finger on the plan.

 

“…and it’s not enough…we need to require a quarter part but it’s belongs to someone else…”

 

“Who?”

 

“A monster…or at least that’s what they called him.”

 

“They?” Jaejoong blinked his eyes rapidly.

 

“We’ve sent our people to negotiate about this matter with him. He’s an old man with a scary face. He got this huge scar on his left face and no matter what our people said to convince him, he didn’t say a word. We opened up to any suggestion and we even agree to share half of our profit with him if that’s what he wanted…but…” Junsu shook his head and shoved another spoon of ice-cream.

 

“…Every one of them came back with an empty hand…”

 

Jaejoong lost in his thought as he’s considering something.

 

“Why don’t we go and talk to him instead…?”

 

Junsu gulped down.

 

“We?” He pointed to his face; his eyes widened. Jaejoong nodded.

 

“But hyung~ he’s a monster~!”

 

“You don’t actually believe that he’s a real monster, don’t you?”

 

Junsu pouted while fiddling with his fingers.

 

“Still…I should consider that probability…I don’t wanna die yet…”

 

“You’ll not gonna die…and I’m going with you…”

 

“Why don’t you bring Yunho hyung with you instead? I’ll look after the company while you two are gone…” Junsu said with a sheepish smile.

 

*************************

 

Yunho dropped the files on Ji Won’s table when someone approached him.

 

“Hello my dear dongsaeng~!” Hyun Joong waved his hand and showed his bright smile on his face.

 

“I’m not your dongsaeng…we’re sharing the same age…”

 

“You will be…after you got married with HyuNa…and I think it’s better if I start calling you like that from now on, so that it won’t be awkward…”

 

“I really appreciate it…but it’s not gonna happen…” Yunho backed away from Ji Won’s table and walked back into his office. Hyun Joong followed him from behind.

 

“Why not? She went head over heel for you and my father’s so excited to marry both of you…”

 

“I don’t mix business with personal matter and your father knows that…I built this company myself and I don’t believe with that kind of crap – merge companies with a marriage…humans not a tool. You needs love to marry someone…”

 

Hyun Joong pursed his lips’ not really interested to know. He picked up the picture frame on Yunho’s table.

 

“I’ll live my own way and if that’s mean I have to lose my biggest investor, so be it…” Yunho made his point as he settled down back on his chair.

 

“That’s what my father love about you the most. You’re so determined and you’re not easily swayed…so you need to explain it to him, not to me…” He put down the picture back on its place and threw his gaze at Yunho.

 

“I’ll talk to him about that later…so what are you coming here for?”

 

“I-”

 

Their conversation was suddenly halted when Jaejoong dashed into the office.

 

“Yunho-ah! Junsu and I were thinking-” Jaejoong’s steps died when he realized that Yunho wasn’t alone.

 

“I-I’m sorry…I didn’t know that you’ve got company…I’ll come back later…” He pointed to the door with his thumbs and was about to leave when Yunho’s guest turned around facing him.

 

“Hyun Joong-shi?”

 

“Jaejoong-shi! We met again!” Hyun Joong greeted him delightfully.

 

 “I’m really sorry about earlier…I still feel bad about it…”

 

“Aniya~ it’s fine…you bought another one to replace it…it’s enough…”

 

Yunho darted his confused look between the two of them.

 

“You two know each other?” Yunho asked in a surprised tone, didn’t expect that.

 

“We met at the cafeteria just now…” Jaejoong told him. Yunho arched his brow.

 

“So you work under Yunho?”

 

“I’m working under Junsu-shi actually…but it’s nothing different…both of them technically are my employer…” Jaejoong explained with a small chuckle. Yunho drummed his fingers on his table started to feel annoyed.

 

“Yeah…they’re my employer too…my father put me here so that I can learn from them…my office is at level 5, we could have lunch together sometimes…”

 

“He’s married!” Yunho said it out loud, a bit impatient. It succeeds killing the excitement building up in his office when it doesn’t even involve him.

 

“Oh…really?”

 

“Yes…and thanks, Yunho-shi…for the information…” Jaejoong glared at Yunho before looking back at Hyun Joong.

 

“But it’s a good idea…we could have lunch together sometimes…I’m sure my partner doesn’t mind about it…”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes while cursing Hyun Joong inside his heart.

 

“So what did you come here for?!”

 

Both of them averted their attention to Yunho at the same time.

 

“Ah…Junsu-shi and I-”

 

“I’m asking you, Hyun Joong!” Yunho’s voice stern.

 

“I came here to tell you that Hyuna’s on her way to meet you…just wanted to let you know…”

 

 “HyuNa is my sister…she likes Yunho very much…” Hyun Joong told Jaejoong with a grin.

 

Jaejoong’s mouth formed a long ‘O’ when he heard that. He glanced at Yunho.

 

“Great!” Yunho dropped back to his chair with an exasperate sigh.

 

“If you don’t have anything else, you can go now…” Yunho waved his hand in dismissal. He sounded more like he’s chasing Hyun Joong away and he didn’t care. He’s not in the mood to act kind at that time.

 

Hyun Joong shrugged off and awarded Jaejoong his charming smile before leaving. Jaejoong friendly waved his hand to him.

 

“Do you have to flirt with him in front of me?!” Yunho attacked him at the second the door closed.

 

“Flirt? I’m not flirting with him!” Jaejoong stressed out; defending himself.

 

“And what with the sweet smile…the girlish chuckle…and even the lunch…why don’t you have a lunch with me?”

 

“T-the girlish-what?! Urghh!” Jaejoong turned around; aiming for the exit.

 

“Where are you going?!” Yunho sprung back on his feet.

 

“What about you and Hyuna then? If you’re not married to me, you’d surely going to marry her right? You still can if you want, just sign the divorce paper and we’re done!” Jaejoong stormed out of the office and Yunho ran after him and ended up hitting Jaejoong’s back when he suddenly stopped.

 

“Done what?”

 

Yunho caught one particular figure over Jaejoong’s shoulder. His expression grew wary.

 

“Hyuna-ah…”

 

She looked at Jaejoong then to Yunho then again back to Jaejoong.

 

“Who is this oppa?” She slowly circled Jaejoong, looking him up and down.

 

“Your new PA?”

 

“I’m actually Jung Junsu-shi’s PA…”

 

She then moved closer to Jaejoong, her nose twitched detecting his scent. Yunho took a big strode purposefully toward her, laid his hand on her shoulder and pulled her away.

 

“Step away from him…” Yunho warned.

 

“I just wanna know what perfume he’s wearing…and you have a smooth skin, what product are you using?”

 

‘This is what you call as natural beauty’ ­– but sadly Jaejoong just had to keep it to himself and smiled like he would always do.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Just wanna have a lunch with you~” She linked their arms together and rubbed against Yunho’s arm flirtatiously.

 

Jaejoong looked at Ji Won and faked like he wanted to throw up and it earned a soundless chuckle from her.

 

“I’m busy…go have lunch with your oppa…”

 

“No…I wanna have lunch with you and talk about our wedding~~~ everyone has been asking about us~”

 

Yunho pried her hand away from his arm only to have her hand crawling back again a minute later.

 

That’s it!’’ Jaejoong went to break them apart by sneaking in between them. He grabbed Hyuna’s hand and pulled her along with him to a place farther away from Yunho.

 

Yunho on the other hand just watched Jaejoong whispered something to Hyuna’s ear and had no clue as to what he’s talking about. But he noticed the changes on her facial expression – it’s getting darker and darker by each minute. And by the time Jaejoong drew away from her; her face blanched.

 

He’s anxiously waiting for some reactions from her when they started to walk back and joined him at where they gathered just now.

 

Hyuna stopped when she reached right in front of Yunho. She stayed silence while eyeing him up and down. And then Yunho heard a sigh escaped from her lips. She placed her console hand on top of Yunho shoulder and let out another sigh.

 

“I’m sorry oppa…I have no idea about it…I’m sorry…I guess we’re not meant to be together…” She said weakly, kissed Yunho on his cheek and walked away.

 

Yunho heaved a relief sigh. He didn’t know how Jaejoong do it but he felt like a burden was lifted up from his shoulder. He’s free now but bothered at the same time. Hyuna looked so sad just now and judging from what she said to him; that’s mean Jaejoong told her the truth? His gaze flew to Jaejoong; demanded for an explanation.

 

“You told her about us, don’t you?” Yunho’s smile widened. Jaejoong pressed his lips together and shook his head.

 

“No, I’m not…publishing about our relationship is the last thing that I want…” He said

 

“T-then what did you tell her?” Yunho got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

 

 “Nothing…I just told her that she’s just too hot for you and you can’t handle it…you’re pressured…” Jaejoong leaned closer to him and began adjusting Yunho’s neck tie.

 

“Well…I can accept that…” Yunho nodded; thinking that it was nothing. But Jaejoong was far from finish.

 

“…and some other thing like how you’re permanently impotent…” He told Yunho with a toothy smile while flapping his eyelashes innocently at him. Yunho froze.

 

Jaejoong stuck his tongue out at him and burst into a laugh.    

 

***************************************************************

 

Preview for the next chapter: “Getting Along”

 

It’s been a month ever since Jaejoong started working at YJ Group and everything went well until Ji Won gave birth to a premature baby. She’s leaving a month early and Jaejoong had no choice but to fill in her spot serving both of the Jung siblings.

 

It’s getting stressful but there’s only one way he know how to release all his tension – by torturing and playing a trick on none other than Jung Yunho.

 

But without he even realized; all those tricks are the one that actually brought them closer.

 

***

 

Yunho: *singing to Jaejoong* “You want me, you have fallen for me, you are going crazy for me, you can’t escape me, I got you under my skin~”

 

Jaejoong: *palming both of his ears* “Shut up! Just shut up!!!”

 

Yunho: *continue singing* “You want me, you have fallen for me, you are going crazy for me, you are my slave now, I got youuuuu~ OUCCHHH!!!!” *Cupping his head*

 

Something has been thrown at him and landed on the floor with a thud. Yunho stared at it with horror.

 

“Yah~ where did you get this pump shoe? And did you just throw pump shoe to me?!!!!” *screaming hysterically*

 

Jaejoong: *Hid under the table* “Wow…Ji Won noona was right…this is really a good weapon for a self defense” *nodded proudly*

 

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

 

***************************************************************

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks.