"Meet the Real Jung Yunho"

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

 

Part 3 : Meet the Real Jung Yunho

 

 

Changmin filled in the car trunk with Jaejoong’s luggage. It didn’t even surprise him to see Jaejoong brought back huge luggage with him because he trusted Jaejoong would use his money well. And he also believed that shopping is a nice therapy for Jaejoong. For him; it’s enough to see the bright smile on the shorter man. It’s a good sign that he’s ready to move on to the next phase of his life.

 

Jaejoong waited on the passenger seat. He fully buckled up and pressed the car’s honk as he’s calling for Changmin while giggling.

 

“Yeah I’m coming! I’m coming!” Changmin ran to the driver side and slid in behind the steering wheel.

 

“Someone’s clearly in a good mood…” Changmin commented and Jaejoong just replied him with a dreamy smile. He then stared out of the window.

 

“…and here I thought you’d get cranky after spending long hours on the flight…”

 

“Well...I got nice rest after a long time…a little bit of jet lag…but overall I’m fine…” He threw a glance at Changmin.

 

“…and that’s all thanks to you…” Jaejoong ran his hand along Changmin’s arm up and down; showing his appreciation for his endless support.

 

“Aha…don’t thank me yet…there’s something that I need you to help me…”

 

“Help you?” Jaejoong blinked his eyes rapidly. It’s odd for Changmin to ask him for his help. He was the one that needs Changmin’s help most of the times.

 

“Yeah…it’s on the back seat…” Jaejoong’s eyes followed where Changmin’s finger’s pointing at. He looked back and found a file on the back seat. With a clueless face; he reached out his hand to take the file like he was instructed.

 

“What is this?” He opened up the file and saw the completed resume with his name at the applicant’s name along with a letter of recommendation from Changmin himself.

 

“I’ve arranged you for a job interview…”

 

Jaejoong’s mouth moved slightly like he was about to say something but Changmin immediately cut him off.

 

“I never complain anything before...so I think I’m entitled a right to interfere in your life…just for this one time…please go to this interview…”

 

“It’s a big company; good facility and I can assure you there won’t be any incident like that…and if it did; it will deal with that person myself…”

 

A smile tipped up at the corner of Jaejoong’s mouth.

 

“Spoken like a lawyer…”

 

“Can’t help…it’s a part of me…and it’s very convincing; right?” Changmin smirked.

 

He nodded with a smile; noted. Sometimes Jaejoong wondered; how someone like Changmin – a famous lawyer owning one of the famous firms got stuck with him. As he flipped through the pages; Jaejoong’s eyes grew wider.

 

“YJ Group?!”

 

Changmin looked at him and nodded nonchalantly.

 

“They own the largest chain of hotels and resorts all around the world! YJ Group as in that YJ Group?!!!”

 

Changmin nodded again. Jaejoong’s grinning up to his ears but then his smile slowly fades away.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I have no qualifications…will they accept me to work there?” Jaejoong couldn’t hide his real feeling.

 

“They will…” Changmin said confidently.

 

“Yes…it’s a big company…but at the end of the day, the interviewers are still human beings…and they probably will just accept you right after you take a seat…”

 

“Why I don’t still feel happy about it…” Jaejoong protruded his lip. He understood what Changmin meant by it. He will be accepted based solely by his looks than his qualification. What makes it different than the past, then?

 

Changmin chuckled.

 

“Come on…it’s a gift if you could pass the interview easily…that’s the crucial part…after you’re accepted; prove yourself to them that you’re more than just a pretty face…” Changmin wrapped his hand on Jaejoong’s hand; encouraging his best friend. His gaze flicked to the silver ring on Jaejoong’s hand then up to the road again.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…I’ve been meaning to ask you this…” He glanced at the ring again to make sure that his eyes weren’t fooling him.

 

“Ask me what?”

 

“Is that a wedding band you’re wearing?”

 

Jaejoong looked down to his hand. The smile spread across his face as he’s twisting it. The memories with Yunho flew back into his mind making him smiling foolishly. He palmed both of his cheek; wanted to hide his blushing face.

 

“Changmin-ah…”

 

“I’m married~!”

 

The car abruptly swerved to the left side when Changmin drastically pulled the car to the side of road and slammed on the break. The car lurched forward as a result of it and Jaejoong almost got thrown to the front if not because of the seat belt.

 

“WHAT?!!!” Changmin screamed.

 

“YAHH!!!” Jaejoong smacked his arm hard when he finally regained back his soul.

 

“I JUST TOLD YOU THAT I’M MARRIED AND YOU WANTED TO KILL ME ALREADY?!!!” Jaejoong awarded Changmin another slap on the same place after he said it through his clenched teeth.

 

“You tell me! How did you expect me to react?”

 

“I don’t know…HAPPY?”Jaejoong stressed out the word happy.

 

“It was too sudden! With who? Was it legally done? It’s probably a scam! Was it by force? You’re threatened?” Changmin bombarded Jaejoong with tons of questions at one time.

 

“Stop!”

 

“Were you drugged?”

 

“Stop! stop! STOP!!!” Jaejoong added some force in his voice to put a dot on Changmin’s baseless accusation.

 

Changmin finally stopped.

 

“Yes…I know…it happened too fast…but it was the amazing thing ever happened in my life…that’s the first time in my life I gotta know what love is and how it really feels to love someone and being loved…” Jaejoong spoke with a serious face.

 

“I’m not going to regret it…I don’t even care if our marriage is registered or not…I even asked him not to register but he insisted to! We both have nothing and I’m not sure if we have a future together…but I don’t care…”

 

“I love him…”

 

“I love him; Changmin-ah…”  Disappointment washed over Jaejoong’s face. Since he has no one that he can share the good news; he was hoping that Changmin out of all people would feel happy for him.

 

Changmin locked his mouth shut. Jaejoong fell in love? It’s a bit unexpected. Kim Jaejoong he knew has a heart as cold as ice. But then again even ice melt away through time. So is this that ‘one time’ for Jaejoong? Changmin’s staring at Jaejoong as he couldn’t stop thinking about it. Jaejoong’s in love; shouldn’t he be happy about it? Jaejoong finally found his other half; he deserved a celebration!

 

“I’m sorry Jaejoong-ah…I went overboard…of course I’m happy for you…”He never thought that he could see the other side of Kim Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s eyes sparkled when he said he love that man.

 

“…and now…would you please tell me who’s that person is?” Whoever that person might be; Changmin couldn’t wait to meet him. How he cannot be? That person’s responsible in changing Jaejoong’s mind, heart and life in just ONE freaking DAY!

 

“I’m not going to tell you…I can see through your real intention…you’re just going to run a check on his background…” Jaejoong answered with a low depress tone; his face sullen.

 

*************************

 

After an intense battle between his heart and his mind that went on for a week since the day Changmin informed him about the interview; Jaejoong still ended up sitting on the chair along with another 30 applicants - waiting for his turn. Most of them are woman and luckily he’s not the only guy in that waiting room.

 

“Where were you graduated from?”

 

“From ‘S’ University…”

 

“Really? I’m from ‘H’ University…”

 

Jaejoong fidgeted in his seat feeling uncomfortable when he overheard the conversation from the two woman sitting in opposite of him.

 

“You know; I overheard they’re actually looking for PA for the dongsaeng; Jung Junsu-shi…”

 

“Really? I heard that he told his hyung that he could handle everything…that he doesn’t need the PA…”

 

“Aniya…I knew someone who’s working here…she told me that the dongsaeng is really hard to handle; very demanding…most of PA who’s working for him; couldn’t stand him and ran away…”

 

Jaejoong his lower lips; feeling uneasy. He came without making any preparation. He doesn’t have the qualifications; he doesn’t know what the type of jobs they’re offering, he doesn’t even know the background of the company. All he knows YJ Group is owned by two young good looking siblings and the company wasn’t inherited from their family. Both of them built it with their own tears and sweats. They’re about to become his employer and he doesn’t even know their full name!

 

“So the dongsaeng is Jung Junsu…” He made a quick reminder inside his head. All he needs to know now is the name of the hyung. There must be an information board somewhere and all he has to do is just making a simple research and he’s good to go.

 

“Don’t hope for too much…” A stranger on the next seat spoke to him out of the blue and poked his bubble of thought.

 

“I’m sorry?” Jaejoong gave him his full attention.

 

“The highest position they’re offering is the PA for the Co-Director but for one to fill in that spot; they have to go through the interview held by the Jung Junsu-shi himself…and he’s very strict…” He elaborated with a calm face.

 

“I-I’m fine with whatever position they hired me for…” Jaejoong countered.

 

“I agree with you…entering this company is not an easy task…” He nodded twice and put on his glasses back as he’s reviewing his resume.

 

“…but I’m very confident that I’ll pass the interview easily…after all I’m suited with what they’re looking for…I have the qualifications and the working experiences that they cannot look down upon…” He flashed his confident smile to Jaejoong as he began bragging about it one by one.

 

Jaejoong just let him blabbed about his achievements and his background. He just nodded and agreed to everything he said. Its better if he did all the talking rather than him. Because he has nothing to tell.

 

He looked down to his laps; his eyes landed right on what’s written on the relationship status.

 

 Married

 

Just below it; he wrote down Yunho’s name as his partner. Jaejoong really love the way it sounded. It gave him the feeling that he’s not alone now. He finally has someone that he can share his feeling with.

 

“What did you say your name again?” That man asked him suddenly.

 

“I didn’t tell you yet…” Jaejoong answered him.

 

Their conversation however was interrupted with the sound of gasps followed by the marching footsteps.

 

“Oh my~! Don’t tell me…Jung Junsu-shi will directly involve with this interview session?!”

 

Jaejoong threw a glance at them. This might be the first time for him to see each one of them but he could tell which one is Jung Junsu. He assumed that the one’s taking a lead at the front is him. He is indeed as handsome like the rumors claimed he is but he has a very cold expression on his face. Everyone’s competing with each other to assist him, whispering something inaudible until they disappeared into the room. Everyone entered the same room except for one woman. She stopped right in front of the door.

 

“May I have your attention…”

 

All eyes were focusing on her.

 

“The interview session will begin shortly…”

 

“We will call your name one by one and whoever your name is called, please step inside…we’ll be interviewing 3 people at the same time.” She briefed. Everyone had the same nervous look on their faces.

 

“So…that’s Jung Junsu-shi?” Jaejoong asked the man next to him. He nodded; affirming it.

 

“He looks so young…” Jaejoong commented.

 

“He is young…he’s just turning 21 years old…”

 

“Then what about the hyung? I mean… the Director…”

 

“Jung Yunho-shi? If I’m not mistaken, he’s 28 years old…”

 

Jaejoong froze and blinked back surprise. His heart’s pounding like crazy. Did he just hear it wrong? Or is it because he’s missing Yunho too much that every name sounded as Jung Yunho to his ears?

 

“W-what did you say just now?” Jaejoong his lips.

 

“T-the name?”

 

“My name?” He pointed to his chest.

 

“I’m Han-”

 

“Not your name…the Director’s name…” Jaejoong interjected.

 

“Ah~…it’s Jung-”

 

“Han Min Woo-shi!”

 

He couldn’t finish it when his name was called. He raised his hand as he’s responding to the call.

 

“I’m sorry…they’re calling me…” Gathering his belongings, he stood up. Jaejoong nodded but at the same time feeling a bit frustrated.

 

“Get a grip Kim Jaejoong…he isn’t the only one with that name in this world…and besides; your Jung Yunho is still in New York…and he’s not the CEO…he’s jobless…” But despite all his admonitions, his pulse still skittered. The thought of meeting Yunho again gave him hopes. His cheeks turned warm just thinking of him.

 

“I guess…this is how it feels when you’re madly in love…” Jaejoong murmured with a dreamy smile.

 

*************************

 

* Meanwhile in CEO Office

 

 “Where’s my dongsaeng?”

 

“He’s conducting the interview session, Yunho-shi…” His PA; Ha Ji Won informed him.

 

“Really? I thought he doesn’t like getting involved with such a thing since he’s not hiring any PA for himself…” Frowning; Yunho tapped his bottom lip with the pen.

 

“It’s not for himself…it’s actually for you, Yunho-shi…you know, since I’ll be leaving next month…” She rubbed her rounded tummy in circle. The smile couldn’t leave her face whenever she’s talking about her unborn baby.

 

“Right…I almost forgot…”  Yunho smacked his own head lightly.

 

“I noticed that you’re not like yourself lately…something good happened in New York?”

 

Yunho wrapped his face; a blush warmed his cheeks. Ha Ji Won knew she was right when he saw the way her boss reacted.

 

“So?” She prodded. Yunho glanced up. He played with the ring on his finger.

 

“I fell in love…” He blurted.

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong watched intently as one by one leaving the waiting room. The interview session just started 45 minutes ago but the waiting room was almost empty. There’s not much left to count including him. He got cold feet. His stomach twisted into a tight knot. His palms grew damp as he got closer to his turn.

 

And even the over confident Han Min Woo just now; came out with a grim face. He told him that they’re pretty strict with the interview. They didn’t even wait for days or weeks to tell whether or not you’re hired. The answer was given right before they step out of the room.

 

“They already have the basic idea of the person they’re about to hire…its tough when you couldn’t tell what they’re looking for…what they actually wanted…”

 

If it’s not because of Changmin who arranged this interview for him, he probably out on the street by now. He fought the urge to surrender. And besides; he already made a promise to himself that he would take any challenge for the sake of changing his life. It’s too early for him to give up.

 

But when it came down to the last three, Jaejoong was assured that he saw his own soul flew out of his body; floating in the air.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi!” Jaejoong’s heart stopped beating.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi?”

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath before he raised his hand up.

 

“You can do it…you can do it…”He exhaled and stood up. Keeping his poise and adjusting his body posture, Jaejoong then joined the other two marching to the said room.

 

*************************

 

“We’re sorry…but you’re not the one we’re looking for…thanks for coming…you may go now…”

 

Jaejoong’s fingers clenched the arms of his chair. Two of the girls that walked in together with him just now weren’t the one they’re looking for. Now that they’re gone; he’s the only one left in the room.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi…”

 

“Yes I am…”

 

They shifted their gaze to him. Jaejoong took a deep breath, forcing himself to face them. He was expecting questions from them and he’s already preparing himself for it, both physically and mentally. Minutes passed but there’re still none. He wiped the trickling sweat off his temple when they began flipping onto his resume.

 

Jaejoong waited patiently and tried hard to remain compose. He then focused his eyes on Junsu. He watched as Junsu’s scribbling something on the paper. Whatever that might be; he was hoping that it’s for something good. A low murmuring among the interviewers broke the awkward silence.

 

‘Just say something!’ Jaejoong shouted inside his head.

 

“How long you’ve known Shim Changmin-shi?” The man seated beside Junsu spoke.

 

“W-we…” His voice didn’t come out the way he wanted it to be so Jaejoong cleared up his throat.

 

“We went to the same school…and we’re practically being friends since then…”

 

Jaejoong noticed Junsu’s gaze was centered on him. He gulped at the indefinable emotion smoldering in his cold eyes.

 

“Are you good in handling the pressure from other people? The busy workplace? The lunatic employer?” Junsu intoned in his deep, solemn voice.

 

Jaejoong flashed a smile at the last sentence. He faced the worst kind of employer before…the word lunatic oddly sounded better to his ears.

 

“You can trust me…” Jaejoong answered calmly.

 

“You’re hired!” Junsu said with a cheerful tone. He squared his shoulders as he leaned back against the chair.

 

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh~~~!!!!!!”

 

Jaejoong widened his eyes to the fullest extent when Junsu suddenly screamed.

 

“Jung Junsu-shi~!” They all placed their fingers to their lips; asking Junsu to behave.

 

“What?! He said he can handle it!” Junsu countered. He then yawned.

 

“Ahh I’m so tired…I really need my sweets…” He started to move his lips like he’s munching something. When he caught Jaejoong staring at him; he just replied him with a foolish grin. Jaejoong couldn’t help but to smile, seeing the cute ad childish side of Junsu. Junsu after all is still a kid in his opinion.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi…you can take it from here…I need to call hyung…” Junsu said and speed dialed the number.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. Smiling; he shook his head when he heard Junsu’s whining on the phone and stood up.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi…are you ready to work?”

 

“Eh? Work? As in right now?!”

 

“You’ll start working officially by tomorrow…but now; I’d like to introduce you to your workplace, your co-worker and our boss…”

 

“O-our boss?” Jaejoong furrowed his brow.

 

“Ah right…you’ll be working as the PA for our Director…his current PA is 8 months pregnant…she’ll be leaving by the end of this month… in the meantime she’ll teach you everything that you needed to know…and since Jung Junsu-shi doesn’t have his own PA, you’ll also act as his PA…” Kyuhyun began spurted the details. He missed the expression Jaejoong had on his face when he heard what he will be working as.

 

It seems like he’s in a dream where everything that hopes and wish comes true. How did this happen? What did he do that makes him deserve such an honor? He just got married and suddenly his life is showered with the luck? He couldn’t’ stop thinking about it.

 

“Just wait until you meet other staffs. The girls would jump and scream when they see you. It’s been a long time since they had the flower boy in the office. Don’t be surprised if they suddenly throw themselves on you…” Kyuhyun chuckled as he premeditated the scene.

 

“Ah…I don’t think they would be that happy when they know that I’m married…” Jaejoong replied with a smile.

 

“Eh? You’re married?!” Kyuhyun halted his steps; shocked. Jaejoong nodded and showed off the ring on his finger. 

 

“Changminnie didn’t tell me anything about it…”

 

“I just got married a week ago…” Jaejoong explained. Even Changmin had a hard time to accept that. Kyuhyun mouthed an ‘O’ and nodded; fully registered it. He then continued the walk and Jaejoong too copied the same. Just then, Jaejoong remembered something.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi…” Jaejoong stopped Kyuhyun by holding onto his forearm.

 

“Can you tell me the name of the Director, please? Jung Junsu-shi’s hyung…”

 

“It’s Jung Yunho…” Thinking that it was nothing; he answered immediately.

 

‘So it’s true…The Director really has the same name as my Yunho…it’s weird to think that my boss shared the same name with my husband…’ Jaejoong lost deeply in his thought.

 

Kyuhyun glanced back to Jaejoong when Jaejoong wasn’t responding to it. He seems a bit distracted and he misinterpreted it for something else.

 

“Why? What’s wrong? Don’t worry; Jung Yunho-shi is a kindhearted person…” He gave a friendly pat on Jaejoong’s shoulder; convinced the latter.

 

“Yes…I bet he is…” Jaejoong returned him a smile.

 

“Aahh…speaking about him…there he is…” He pointed to one particular person who’s walking along with Junsu. Jaejoong looked up as his gaze followed where Kyuhyun’s pointing at.

 

And just like his world just stopped spinning, Jaejoong stopped on his tracks. An unseen formidable power hit him hard on his head causing his legs wobbled. Not just the name; his boss also has the same face like Yunho. Unless such coincidence did exist in the world which Jaejoong 98% assured there’s none – he’s currently looking at none other than the ONE he just married a week ago.

 

“Jaejoong-shi?”

 

“Jaejoong-shi?” Kyuhyun’s voice getting farther and harder to reach him.

 

Jaejoong’s heart beat fast. His mind’s making several possible excuses to believe that Yunho has a good reason for being there. But when a word ‘lie’ finally registered in his brain; Jaejoong felt numb.

 

***************************************************************

Preview for the next chapter: “The Hurtful Truth”

 

Jaejoong encountered Yunho and demanded for an explanation. 

 

*****

 

Jaejoong : I got it all signed *handed a form to Yunho*

Yunho : What is this for?

Jaejoong : To file for a divorce

Yunho : There won't be a divorce *tear the form*

Jaejoong : I knew you'd do that..I've already prepared another *handed another form to Yunho [fully signed]*

Yunho : I said there won't be a divorce! And where did you get this?!!!

 

Changmin went to hide behind the wall.

 

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

***************************************************************

A/N: Forgive me for the late update and here’s the new chapter…enjoy reading~ please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed! Thanks^^