"The Hurtful Truth"

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

 

Part 4: The Hurtful Truth

 

 

Jaejoong’s heart beat fast. His mind’s making several possible excuses to believe that Yunho has a good reason for being there. But when a word ‘lie’ finally registered in his brain; Jaejoong felt numb.

 

“Jaejoong-shi?” Kyuhyun shook Jaejoong’s arm. Jaejoong looked over to him slowly.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyuhyun noticed Jaejoong’s pale face.

 

“I-I’m fine…” He faked a smile.

 

“W-what are we talking…what are we talking just now?” Jaejoong’s throat tightened. His lips dried.

 

“Jung Yunho-shi…” Kyuhyun repeated it. Jaejoong closed his eyes feeling the twinge of pain in his heart.

 

“R-right…” How can he forget that name?

 

“I’ll introduce you to Ha Ji Won-shi…and she’ll handle it from there on…” Jaejoong nodded. The tingle of excitement he feels just now for being able to work a big company disappeared in a blink of an eye. He didn’t think it was a good idea to work at that place now.

 

They stopped by Ha Ji Won’s table right across the CEO’s office. Jaejoong stole a glance at the door of that office where he can read clearly the names’ written on the name plate.

 

CEO – Jung Yunho

 

He rolled his eyes. How he was so desperate to barge in and see how Yunho would react to his presence. His blood boiled just thinking about it but kept himself under control; didn’t wish to create a scene on the first day he’s in that company.

 

“You must be the new PA…I’m Ha Ji Won…” Ha Ji Won stood up and extended her hand.

 

“I’m Kim Jaejoong…” Jaejoong accepted with a slight bow.

 

“I trust you could take it from here; Ha Ji Won-shi?” Ha Ji Won nodded with a smile. But before Kyuhyun leave; he moved to her side and rubbed the baby bump. He even baby talked to it.

 

“He really loves doing this…” Ha Ji Won told Jaejoong with a cackle of chuckle. A smile spread across Jaejoong’s face; can’t help but to envy her happiness while his own happiness was about to be crushed in any minute.

 

“I’ll go now…see you tomorrow, Jaejoong-shi…” Kyuhyun waved to him. Jaejoong too replied him the same.

 

“Now it’s just us two…” She said and settled down on the chair. A low whimper emitted from her thin lips as she’s massaging her bloated feet.

 

“Are you okay; Ha Ji Won-shi?” Jaejoong hurried to her side and check her condition.

 

“Ah aniya~ I’m fine…it’s just a slight cramp…it happens a lot to us during pregnancy…” She smiled as her eyes skimmed Jaejoong from head to toe.

 

“Before we start; there’s one thing that I need you to do…just call me noona…Ji Won noona…”

 

“Ji Won noona…” Jaejoong repeated after her.

 

“Yes, Jaejoong-ah…”

 

Jaejoong chuckled.

 

“Since today isn’t actually your working day, I’ll focus more on getting to know our bosses’ personality; what you should or shouldn’t do…and then I’ll introduce you to them…as regards to work, we’ll talk about it when you’re working tomorrow…”

 

Jaejoong nodded in return.

 

“Aish…another circumstance that you have to go through when you’re carrying a baby is that…you pee a lot…I gotta pee…”She slipped back into her shoes and rose up on her heels.

 

“I’ll leave it for you and if either of the bosses ask you for anything, just tells them that I’m in the toilet…I’ll be right back…”

 

Jaejoong’s gaze followed her as she walked into the bathroom. And now he’s alone. He swallowed as he darted his eyes on the specific door, all too aware who would be inside that room. He sneaked a glance at the bathroom door first to check on Ji Won. She’s still inside.

 

This is it. It’s now or never. Jaejoong heard his heart whispered to him. Jaejoong smoothed his suit and adjusted his hair, then realized that he was acting silly. It’s not like he’s going in there to flirt with the one who supposed to be his husband. Well at least that’s what he thought.

 

“Get a grip, Kim Jaejoong!” Jaejoong his lip nervously and nodded; fully made up my mind. No matter what was about to happen in there, he deserved to know the truth. His gaze drifted to the closed door with Yunho’s name on the name plate. Only a few more steps to the truth.

 

Almost against his volition, Jaejoong began walking slowly approaching the CEO’s room. His knees’ shaking but he knew he had to do that. And so, he brought his knuckle to knock the door.

 

“Yes!” He heard the faint voice coming from inside, allowing him to enter.

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, and then he pushed the door

 

*************************

 

“Yes!”

 

He was expecting for his PA to walk in but when the door was pushed open, someone else standing at the doorway. He placed his palms on the desk and sprung up.

 

“Jaejoong-ah!” A dull roaring in his ears the moment he called out that one particular name.

 

Yunho’s heart stopped beating for a moment. It’s Jaejoong. He hadn’t seen him since they got married in a simple ceremony at New York City. The very first place they met each other. He wanted to look for him and explain everything to him when he got back in Seoul. But lots of things happened within a week and he hadn’t got a time to think of a better explanation to convince Jaejoong that he didn’t mean a bad thing; that he was serious.

 

“W-what are you doing here?”

 

He had a several ideas in his head how Jaejoong would react when they meet again and this is definitely not included. All his hopes faded at the stark expression on Jaejoong’s face.

 

 “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that question?”

 

There it goes. Yunho knew he was screwed at the very first minute Jaejoong entered his office.

 

“For someone who claimed that he’s jobless, penniless and utterly poor…you looks like you’re living an impeccable life…”

 

“I can explain that…”

 

“You better start talking now…” Jaejoong said demandingly; couldn’t wait to hear what excuses he would come up with.

 

“I…” And that’s as far as Yunho can go. What should he tell him? Where should he start? How can he convince Jaejoong that he’s being serious about their relationship when he did start with lies? He technically cheated Jaejoong into marry him.

 

Yunho stood stiffly at the back of his massive desk, the air around him crackling with tension.

 

“It was all lies, wasn’t?” Jaejoong took a guess. It wasn’t that hard to tell anyway. Yunho’s throat tightened and when he didn’t answer it, the tears started to form at the corner of Jaejoong eyes. He’s obviously devastated.

 

“I can’t believe that I fell for those lies…I shouldn’t have trust you…”

 

“…but I believe it anyway…you made a pretty convincing lies…” Jaejoong faked a laugh.

 

“Is marriage a joke to you?”

 

“Jaejoong-ah…I…” Yunho stepped out of the desk and advanced closer to him but Jaejoong held one hand to stop him.

 

“Don’t come to me!” Jaejoong yelled as he took a step back, his eyes flared infuriating.

 

“Congratulation, Jung Yunho…you just climbed up to the top of the list in my heart. The list of someone I hate the most…”

 

“…you better wish that you hadn’t register out marriage…and now you can take back this ring…” Jaejoong twisted the ring as he’s trying to take it off. But he couldn’t. The ring somehow stuck at his finger.

 

Yunho closed his eyes seeing how Jaejoong’s struggling to loosen up the ring but unfortunately it didn’t work out.

 

“Hmmphh…” Jaejoong made another attempt as he added some force into it but the ring just won’t come out.

 

“I…I will return it to you when I’m able to get it off…” Jaejoong spun around headed toward the door. He paused in the doorway, staring at the name plate on door.

 

He looked at Yunho then he looked back at the name plate just to spit on it. Yunho closed his eyes; cringed. When he opened up his eyes; Jaejoong was gone. Yunho stared at the empty doorway. It wasn’t like he’s spitting on his face, but it was close enough. That was enough to express how he really feels.

 

Yunho buried his face in his hands. He let out the breath he didn’t know he’d been holding.

 

Junsu pushed the door with his hand and came out from his hiding place. It wasn’t really planned actually, but he just happened to stand behind the door when Jaejoong walked in.

 

“When I asked you to do some extreme thing and go beyond boundaries, you got married, hyung?!!!” Junsu’s jaw dropped.

 

“T-that’s what I’ve been trying to tell you, Junsu-ah…”

 

“Cool!”Junsu said with a toothy smile.

 

Yunho’s forehead crinkled into a frown; his expression puzzled.

 

“I just got another hyung! Cool!”

 

“I think the correct way to say…you’re about to lose him…and what is he doing here, anyway?” Yunho rubbed his face in frustration.

 

“I hired him in the interview session just now…to replace Ji Won noona…”Junsu informed him nonchalantly. He got his eyes fixed on the substance sliding down from the door.

 

“Great!” Yunho threw his hand to the air.

 

“I just ruined…who knows maybe the only chance for me to be with him!”Yunho stifled a groan.

 

“What had happened here? What did I miss? And where’s Jaejoong?” Ji Won stuck her head in; checking them.

 

“Yunho hyung got married…”

 

Junsu pointed to Yunho with his thumb. Ji Won turned to look at Yunho.

 

“…with Jaejoong hyung…” Junsu finished up his sentence with a grin.

 

“J-jaejoong hyung? You’re married to Kim Jaejoong?!” Ji Won raised her voice; absorbing the news. Yunho nodded weakly.

 

“When we’re at New York…”

 

“So, is he the one that you’re talking about? The one you’re in love with?”

 

Yunho nodded again.

 

“Then…what are you waiting for? Go run after him!”

 

“Even if I want to, I can’t…I don’t have any explanation to give him…I lied to him…I did cheat him into marry me…” Yunho said while lowering his head.

 

“You must have your own reason for doing so…if you really love him, then you have to make him understand…” Ji Won offered him an advice.

 

“I’m with you in this, noona…” Junsu said without looking at Yunho. He then spat on the same spot Jaejoong just spat. Yunho rolled his eyes in annoyance. He should have known it. Junsu easily interested with something weird.

 

“Is he taller than me, hyung?” Junsu asked when he compared their results.

 

“He’s 180…”

 

“Cool!”

 

Yunho and Ji Won exchanged glances before shaking their heads.

*************************

 

Jaejoong sat on his bed with his legs crossed and folded up to his chest. He rested his cheek on top of his knees. The window of his bedroom was widely opened, letting the fresh, warm breeze sneaked in to sooth his trouble heart. The smell of green grass after the rain swept away by the wind and swirled in air; so calm and so peaceful. It was the perfect day for new beginning.

 

But not for Jaejoong.

 

His heart crippled. His hope shattered. The truth does hurt. As much as he hates the fact that he was deceived by Yunho; but thanks to Yunho he could experience a new feeling inside his heart. A feeling that he thought that he would never able to taste it. He hadn’t known how easy it would be to fall in love with him. Or how hard it would be to lose him. It terrified him just by thinking that he has to move on without Yunho in it.

 

The tears rolled out silently from Jaejoong’s eyes and wet his hand. He just let it be.

 

“Jaejoong-ah!”

 

“Jaejoong-ah! Open this door, please…”

 

Changmin called for him along with some knocking. Jaejoong just ignored it.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…would you please open this door and talk to me. You’ve been locking yourself in your room ever since you came back from the company. I’m worried.”

 

Changmin waited for some response from the other and when he got nothing; he heaved a sigh. He turned around and leaned his back against the door.

 

“I’m sorry…I have no idea that you’re married to Yunho…”

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes when he heard Yunho’s name mentioned. Earlier when he got back from the company, he threw out his tantrum to Changmin.

 

*Flashback

“If not because of you, I wouldn’t have to meet him in that condition…it’s better if I don’t know about him at all! At least I’m happy!!!”

 

“Why it must be that company?!”

 

“I started my practice with that company before. Yunho is my bestfriend, I helped him through the hard time…be with him until he achieved what he have now…we helped each other…”

*Flashback

 

“When I decided to open up my own firm, Yunho encouraged me. He’s my biggest supporter. He promised me he would help me regardless what kinds of helps…all I have to do is just ask…he will fulfill it.” Changmin continued telling him the story of their lives together.

 

“Jung Yunho I know is a good guy…”

 

“…and you’re not the one who’s making irresponsible decision. You accepted the proposal because you know he can be trusted…and yes, I can assure you that he can be trusted…just give him a chance…”

 

Jaejoong’s not responding anything to him. Changmin sighed deeply and walked away.

 

 *************************

 

“Jung Yunho I know is a good guy…”

 

“…and you’re not the one who’s making irresponsible decision. You accepted the proposal because you know he can be trusted…and yes, I can assure you that he can be trusted…just give him a chance…”

 

Jaejoong dropped his back down on the bed. Yunho’s face flashed right before his eyes. Everything’s about him is fascinating. His small handsome face, the way his lips move when he’s smiling, the way his skin feels like against his and the sensuous scent emanated from his body – everything is freshly captured inside his head. His heart started to beat fast just by thinking of him and to think that man really belongs to him?

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

“No I’m not…I always bring these rings with me to every place I go…I made up my mind long time ago; when I found someone that’s perfect for me…I’d never let that person go away and propose right away…”

 

Jaejoong held up his hand in the air to perceive the ring. Yunho made him feels like he’s needed, like he’s really special. The most importantly, he makes him feels like he’s loved.

 

“What the hell am I doing?” He rolled his body to the left and then to his right while stomping his legs on the bed like a kid who couldn’t have his candy. Jaejoong groaned low, perturbed at himself for getting side-tracked.

 

*Knock! *Knock!

 

Jaejoong flinched and his gaze drifted to the door. It’s Changmin again.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…I know that you don’t want to be disturbed right now…but you have a guest…”

 

“A guest?” He blinked his eyes blankly but later decided that it was just a waste of time to figure out who when he can just go and see it for himself.

 

“A minute!” He shouted, pushed himself out of the bed and dragged his feet to the door lazily.

 

Jaejoong let his guard down and unlocked the door without suspecting anything.

 

“Wh-”

 

“Jung Yunho” He murmured and turned to look at the offender next to Yunho with a sharp glare. Changmin mouthed 'sorry' to him.

 

“I see no one…” Jaejoong said aloud; his hand gripped tightly on the door, ready to slam it hard.

 

Unfortunately for him, Yunho moved fast by blocking the door with his hand and sneaked into his bedroom uninvited.

 

“I shall leave you two alone…” Changmin said and fled from the scene.

 

So he had no choice but to confront their issue together. With a sigh of resignation, Jaejoong followed Yunho, hands on his hips. He eyed Yunho from the back, scanning the length of his body.

 

Yunho is still dressed in his expensive, tailored black suit he’d worn to the office this morning. That was the first time he’s ever seen Yunho dressed in something like that; so sophisticated and educated. His stomach fluttered at the handsome picture Yunho made in his suit. Especially since he knew from his experience how handsome Yunho looked out of his suit. A Yunho, with a well built muscle and toned abs.

 

Jaejoong shook himself. This was not helping.

 

Yunho stopped by the window and turned to look at him.

 

“So where should I sign?” He started; hands on his hips changed its place as he folded his arms to his chest. Yunho frowned.

 

“Sign what?”

 

“Divorce paper…” Jaejoong answered with a flat tone, showing no interest in making a conversation with him.

 

“There won’t be a divorce…” Yunho stressed out.

 

“Let me guess…you don’t register our marriage…oh thank God!” Jaejoong’s face relaxed into a smile but not for too long.

 

“I did…I did register our marriage…”

 

“Then I wanna a divorce…” Jaejoong insisted.

 

“There won’t be a divorce because I wanna keep this marriage…I’m serious about you…I don’t see anyone that I wanna spend my whole life with but you…”

 

“You cheated me into marry you!” Jaejoong scowled.

 

“…and do you expect me to believe you now?”

 

“I know I was wrong…I know I lied…but I really love you…It was really love at first sight…” Yunho was so deseprate to convince Jaejoong about his real feeling.

 

“It was all lies!!!”

 

“You’re just like those people I’ve countered before. After everything that I’ve told you, you’re still taking advantage over me? YOU’RE THE WORST OF THE WORST!!!” Jaejoong snarled.

 

“Just say whatever you want to say…you can curse me…I deserve that…but I have my own reason for doing so…”

 

“Please don’t talk like a saint. Just because you asked me to marry you, you think that you’re different than them? You just want one thing only.” Jaejoong made a disgusting look.

 

“You got it already…now please release me…I just want everything to end…”

 

“Give me a chance to prove it to you, Jaejoong-ah…believe it or not, you’re very important to me. When I marry you, I’m prepared for everything. I wanna take care of you, protect you…I wanna make you happy…” Yunho shifted closer to Jaejoong and held his hands. Jaejoong looked away.

 

“So please…allow me to do so…allow me to prove that I really love you…” Yunho spoke very slowly, enunciating each word.

 

“You can put me in probation, if you want…if I failed to convince you…then we can settle for divorce…”

 

Yunho’s hand travelled up to touch Jaejoong’s arm and pulled him into a hug. Jaejoong let his head rested on Yunho’s shoulder. He heaved a sigh, not because of Yunho but because of himself. Several sentences came out from Yunho’s mouth and his heart’s already softened. He’s relented.

 

He had to admit, he really want to make their marriage work. It was a lie if he said that he regretted marrying Yunho. Yunho gave him a new life and a new hope. It’s too early for him to give up. But he’s not going to forgive Yunho that easily either.

 

“Okay…” Jaejoong said after a long contemplation. Yunho drew away from him.

 

“Really?” Relief washed over Yunho’s face.

 

“But with several conditions…”

 

“Just say anything…as long as you’re willing to give me a chance…”

 

“I don’t want to be your PA…I’ll be Junsu’s PA instead…” Jaejoong stated the first condition.

 

Yunho’s forehead knotted into a frown.

 

“Really? Don’t you want to reconsider it…Junsu’s really hard to handle. He…he’s not like a normal person…he needs special care and most of people couldn’t stand it…”

 

“I’ve met worst employer before and believe me…I can deal with it…”

 

Yunho shrugged off; didn't want to argue with him.

 

“We’re not going to live together, so please keep our relationship a secret…I don’t want people start talking that I got in because of you…I want to show them that I worth something…” 

 

“Okay…”

 

“Okay that’s all for now…” Jaejoong then smiled sheepishly.

 

But somehow, Yunho wasn’t convinced seeing that smile. He could tell that Jaejoong’s planning something.

 

“If you’re planning something inside your head right now, I’m telling you, I won’t budge…I’ll pass every test…”

 

“Oh don’t be so confident…we’ll see about it…” Jaejoong pinched Yunho’s nose.

 

***************************************************************

 

Preview for the next chapter: “Jaejoong’s Payback Plan”

 

Yunho swore to himself that he would save their marriage no matter what it cost him and win Jaejoong’s heart. But it’s not as easy as it sounds. Jaejoong’s planning for a payback to Yunho. He wanted to test Yunho’s patience by setting up everything that would cause Yunho’s blood boil.

 

*****

 

Yunho : “What are you doing?”

Jaejoong : “Nothing…it’s just my ‘To do list’” *Scribble something on paper*

To do list:

1.       Flirt with co-worker in front of Yunho

2.      Get close with Yunho’s enemy

3.      Fart in front of Yunho

4.     S…

 

Yunho : “Yaahhh!!!” *Snatch the paper away*

Jaejoong : *Continue scribbling on the new paper*

 

4.     Spread a rumor about Yunho’s impotency

 

 

Yunho : THAT WAS A BIG LIE! YOU KNOW HOW GOOD I AM IN BED!

Jaejoong : *Blushed*

 

                                     

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

***************************************************************

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks.