"Secret Admirer"

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

Part 13: “Secret Admirer”

 

 

“Did you know how scared I am just now? I thought I was having a heart attack!” 

 

His heart’s still racing when he recalled the incident earlier back at the company and he dare to bet if he put it on the wheel, it could just win any racing competition easily. He didn’t know whether he should be relieved or angry when he found out that Jaejoong just faked it to escape from the embarrassing situation, leaving him to deal with it like an idiot.

 

“Damn it!”

 

Yunho roared as he’s pacing the brown wood floor, his eyes never left the man who bundled himself like a baby in the comforter.

 

“Don’t blame me…try putting yourself in my shoes, it’s too embarrassing~!” Jaejoong whined with a pout.

 

Yunho stopped facing and awarded him with ‘what the hell’ look. He let out a sound somewhere between a laugh and a hum of sympathy, then shook his head in disbelief.

 

“Oh Jae honey…I don’t have to be in your shoes to know how embarrassing it was…if you hadn’t realized it yet, marriage required two people for it to happen…you don’t go knock the priest’s head and get married to yourself…

 

“…you’re married to me…” Yunho’s finger poking his own chest to stress it out.

 

Jaejoong pursed his lips; sulking. He pretended like he’s really sleepy and lied down to forestall any further argument with Yunho. He pulled the comforter up to his nose and turned his body to the other direction but startled when Yunho jumped onto the bed, staring at him in a close distance.

 

“Yah~!!!” Jaejoong yelled as he pushed Yunho’s forehead, forced him to back away.

 

“Don’t you dare ignoring me…I’m not done talking yet…”

 

“I don’t want to hear anything! I’m too tired! I want to sleep!!!”

 

“Do you know how dangerous it is for you to just drop down like that? What if something bad happened to our baby?”

 

Jaejoong screamed in frustration. Pushing Yunho’s body out of his way roughly, he sprung up, whining and stomping his legs on the bed like a little kid.

 

“Baby! Baby! Baby! What about me? Don’t you care a bit about me?!”

 

Yunho’s mouth dropped low as he slumped down, both of his hands propped on the bed. He scoffed.

 

“Do you even realize what you’re just saying? It’s our own baby! You envy your own baby?! Do you even think before you say something?!”

 

“No I’m not! Because I’m stupid and I don’t think before I speak!!! So don’t talk to me!!!”

 

Jaejoong’s hand fumbled for the pillows behind him, caught one and threw it to Yunho. Yunho however succeeded dodging it with his arm.

 

“Yah!!!”

 

“Go away!!! Go to hell!!!” Jaejoong yelled and threw another pillow and this time it hit his face perfectly. Yunho swallowed a grunt and he wanted to yell back when he received another blow on his head.

 

“Okay! Okay! I’ll leave you alone!” Yunho raised both of his arms for self protection, expecting another one coming but Jaejoong’s already stopped when he heard that.

 

“Okay…I’ll go…” Yunho repeated when his eyes met Jaejoong’s deadly one. He turned around; his hand’s reaching out for the steel twin knobs.

 

“Yah Jung Yunho!!”

 

“What now?!” Yunho answered exasperatedly.

 

“Give me back those pillows…” Jaejoong requested with a low voice. Blinking innocently, his eyes shimmered and his lower lip protruded.

 

His pulse quickened when his gaze fell on Jaejoong’s inviting lips; those lips with natural rosy gloss color. How can he stay mad at Jaejoong if he looks that irresistible? Yunho sighed. He bent down and began picking up the pillows that scattered on the floor. He brought them back to the bed and arranging properly one by one back on their places. He patted the pillow for Jaejoong and watched as the latter lie down.

 

“Do you really want me to go?” He asked nicely, his voice softening.

 

He the hair off Jaejoong’s forehead and leaned over to kiss him on his lips. Surprisingly, Jaejoong didn’t even protest it and accepted it with a delight expression.

 

“Yes…now go!” Jaejoong blurted it after the kiss. And with a blunt face, he pushed his shoulders. He waved his hand in dismissal, chasing him away.

 

*************************

 

Yunho carefully closed the door behind his back and joined the others who are waiting anxiously at the hallway. Other than Changmin and Junsu, Yoochun and Kyuhyun were there too.

 

“How is he, hyung? Is he okay?” Junsu stepped out first to ask about Jaejoong’s condition. His face pinched with concern, guilty mixed altogether.

 

He’s still having a hard time to figure out what he had done wrong but feel somewhat responsible for what had happened to his precious brother-in-law. Screaming, maybe? That’s the only thing that he could deduce from the whole situation – Jaejoong fainted due to his loud screaming.

 

“He…he’s fine…He’s just…tired….” Yunho said while fixing his hair.

 

His statement got Changmin smirked.

 

“You do know that we can hear it all from outside, right…?”

 

Yunho cocked his eyebrow; he narrowed his eyes to Changmin.

 

“It sounded like wrestling to me…you look like you just finished wrestling…” Changmin moved his hand in the air, spirally from up to down, pointing out Yunho’s appearance who’s looking like a slob.

 

Yunho smoothed his clothes with his hands and his eye balls moved from the right to the left, scanning all of their faces. Everyone’s showing almost the same thought in their eyes.

 

“Then don’t ask!” He scowled. His feet stomped the floor as he walked away grumpily.

 

“Since when you became this sensitive?” Yoochun shook his head.

 

“Since I got married to the man named KIM JAEJOONG!” Yunho answered and quickened his steps.

 

“Yah! Where are you going?!”

 

“GO TO HELL!!!” Yunho shouted back. Both Changmin and Yoochun looked at each other before they skipped their steps to run after their best friend.

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong lied down motionless on the bed, his hands’ gripping the end of the comforter tightly. He couldn’t stop wondering how he could face all the co-workers at the company. He couldn’t stop thinking what plausible excuses that he could feed them for hiding his identity and his marriage.

 

‘I don’t know that he’s a millionaire when I married him’ – it’ll probably turn out as ‘I got married to him because I know that he’s ing damn rich and handsome’ in their ears. They’ll probably think that he got his way in because of his husband – a.k.a their employer and superior boss.

 

He’s too aware that there’s no way that he could hide their relationship forever. His stomach will grow big and Yunho couldn’t just let him go freely, walking alone with no one accompanying him. He’s the father of the baby he’s carrying and he without a doubt own the lawful right over them even if it’s on a piece of paper.

 

But even without the baby, Yunho had already made a firm declaration that he’s going to win his heart back by hook or by crook. Despite those lies, he loves Yunho truly and it’s just a matter of time for him to fully surrender to Yunho – heart, body and soul.

 

Oh God, how could he forget? He already did – on their first night together at New York. The baby is their solid proof. The only thing that hold him back to admit it is his ego which seemingly getting thinner by heartbeat.

 

When he rethinks it all through, there’s no other normal way for them to disclose their relationship without being awkward. It’s very daunting – what or how people would react to the shocking news. He just hopes that they can stay friendly to him like before despite his title.

 

So, should he say that he’s thankful for Junsu was the one who announced it instead them? It’s humiliating indeed; never imagine that his voice could be that loud even without using the microphone or speaker.

 

*Knock! *Knock!

 

Jaejoong’s gaze flew to the door when the knock sounded. Not saying anything, he waited to see who walk in through that door and Junsu stuck his head in right after that.

 

“Hyung…can I come in?” He asked politely.

 

“Oh yes…please come in, Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong pulled his body up and sat half-reclined; his hair almost touching the pillow behind him.

 

Fiddling with his fingers, Junsu hesitantly walked forward and stepped at the foot of the bed.

 

“Hyung…I’m really sorry…” Junsu immediately apologized; his eyes were staring down on the bed spread with guilt.

 

“Come...sit here…” He then patted the spot next to him.

 

Following the command like an obedient child, Junsu climbed up the bed and plunked himself next to Jaejoong.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung…I didn’t mean to hurt you…” Junsu was on the verge of tearing up when he asked for Jaejoong’s forgiveness.

 

“…and here…I brought you my precious dolphin figurine as an apology…”

 

Jaejoong didn’t try to hide it as the soft chuckle escaped from the tip of his mouth. He closed Junsu’s hand and pushed it away, declined it.

 

“Junsu-ah…” There’s no need for you to say sorry….I should thank you instead…” Jaejoong lifted his hand up to reach out for Junsu’s arm – gently caressing with a smile.

 

Junsu raised his head and frowned hard. He blinked his eyes, feeling bewildered with what he just heard. Did Jaejoong hyung just thank him for screaming loudly at him?

 

“To be honest…I didn’t really understand what really happened…but you’re not mad at me?”

 

“Of course not! How can I mad at someone who’s cute and adorable like you?” Jaejoong pinched Junsu’s chubby cheek, a wide grin on his face.

 

Junsu widened his eyes. He leaned over Jaejoong, gazing into his eyes as if Jaejoong just grew another head.

 

“I was really mad, hyung…how can you said that I’m cute when I’m screaming like that? Are you sure you don’t want us to call for the doctor?” Junsu spoke with a serious face, not joking even the slightest bit. He thought Jaejoong was delirious.

 

Junsu’s honest statement earned another chuckle from Jaejoong. Shaking his head several times to make his point, Jaejoong took a deep breath.

 

“I said you’re cute because that’s the truth, Junsu-ah…everyone knows how cute you are….”

 

“Omo~!!! Everyone knows about this?!!” Junsu gasped and cupped his mouth.

 

“Did someone upload the video of me screaming like crazy on the internet? Did it come out on the world news too, hyung? Omo~ it’s so embarrassing….I must be really ugly~ Where should I hide my face, next?” Junsu buried his face in his hands, muffling his shriek.

 

Jaejoong couldn’t help it anymore and burst into laughter. How the hell he came up with such thought, that’s really the unsolved mystery. The world inside Junsu’s head must be a wonderland. His way of thinking never failed to amaze Jaejoong. He’s too annoyingly decent and too annoyingly honest but that’s also the reason why he loves the youngest very much.

 

If Yunho is the air he breathes, Junsu is the sun that brightens up his gloomy days. Two components that he can’t live without.

 

*************************

 

Lying awake on the bed, Jaejoong exhaled out a sigh. He’s staring at nothing in the dim huge room. The light was off for about an hour ago and for the whole hour he did not move a muscle, trying to fall asleep. In vain, he couldn’t. It’s hot and he’s sweating. It’s very uncomfortable and he already ditched the comforter ages ago, but still it’s not helping.

 

He wished that he could increase the temperature of the air-conditioner but afraid that Yunho might be freezing to death while he’s enjoying his sleeping time. He started to envy the man who’s sleeping with his mouth open next to him. Tossing his body around, Jaejoong snuggled close to Yunho. His eyes softened as he trailed his finger along Yunho’s nose bridge and down to his lips. Lifting up his head, he later rested it on Yunho’s broad chest and threw his arm to hug Yunho at his waist.

 

Then it came to his ear, a low, dull but steady sound – the sound of Yunho’s beating hard. And it’s not long after that, another sound released. It’s not from Yunho but from his own body. His stomach to be précised – it’s growling.

 

“I know Sarangie-ah…mummy feel the same way too…so…should we wake your Daddy up?” Jaejoong made a little conversation with the living soul inside him.

 

“Yunho-ah…” Jaejoong then called his husband and gently shook his body.

 

Yunho let out a snort sound as he stirred up from his slumber and went ‘hmmm’ to Jaejoong; his eyes remain closed. Obviously not satisfied with the small reaction from Yunho, Jaejoong pouted.

 

“Yunho-ah….wake up~ I can’t sleep…let’s have …” Smiling wickedly, Jaejoong intentionally stressed out the last sentence.

 

And it’s just like he expected, Yunho sprang up from the bed, his eyes bulged out, fresh and wide.

 

“What did you just say?”

 

“I can’t sleep…”

 

“S-so…you want to have…?” Seriously?” Yunho swallowed down nervously. Jaejoong bit back the laugh and made a poker face.

 

“No….I’m hungry and I want to eat…”

 

“O-oooo…” Upset was written all over Yunho’s face. He waited for a moment, with a hope that Jaejoong would say ‘yes’ to but when he saw Jaejoong’s already up to his feet, his hope diminished.

 

“What are you waiting?”

 

“Ah…right” Yunho then scrambled down from the bed, threw a sweater on his shoulders and rushed to Jaejoong’s side. Unknown to him, Jaejoong secretly smirked.

 

*************************

 

“Ahh~ as expected uri hubby…you’re really good at cooking…this is really delicious…” Jaejoong praised, smiling brightly up to his ears whenever Yunho feeds him.

 

Both of them were cuddling intimately on the couch while watching a movie together. It’s already passed 2 in the morning and when all the world slept, they’re staying up like it’s just passed 9 at night.

 

“Really? But Changmin said only dogs can eat what I cook…”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes popped. He immediately stopped munching; his hand pulled the tissue from the box on the table and spat out.

 

“Yah~! What are you doing? I cooked specially for you…it contains all of my love and honest feeling for you…how can you just spit it out?” Yunho whined; feeling insulted.

 

Jaejoong’s lips then quirked into a sneaky smile, his grin widened.

 

“I’m just joking…aaah~~~” He opened up his mouth and nudged Yunho’s hand as he’s asking for him to feed him.

 

Yunho reluctantly fed him and eyed the latter with an intense look – whether Jaejoong’s going to spit it out again or not.

 

“I don’t know whether Changmin’s lying or not…but it’s really good to me…it’s really delicious…”

 

“You’re not tricking me, right….”

 

“It’s true…I don’t lie…maybe my taste buds have gone weird after I got pregnant? Who knows? But it’s really good…..” His voice broke off when it suddenly hit him. He then snapped his finger as if a brilliant idea just popped into his head.

 

“I know it…I think it’s because the baby’s carrying your gene? Since…you know…Changmin thought that the food you cook is not edible for human being but you can eat it just fine…”

 

 “Yah~!!! What’s that supposed to mean?!”

 

Helplessly the laughter rolled free from Jaejoong’s mouth, breaking the peaceful silence of the night. Yunho huffed, the sheer insult spread all over his face. He pushed away the plate and leaned his back. Ignoring Jaejoong, he pulled his face and shoved his hair out of his face. Jaejoong in air, had to sit up properly to hold his own ribs.

 

“Aww~ uri hubby is really cute~” Jaejoong inched closer; their legs overlapped when he cupped Yunho’s face and pulled him into a brief kiss.

 

“Better now?” He drew away, the smile playing at the tip of his lips.

 

His hands slid down from Yunho’s face but Yunho caught them right away – throwing both on his shoulders. His one arm found its place on Jaejoong’s waist as he’s pulling the latter closer till Jaejoong dropped flop on his body. Their mouth met for the second times but this time it last longer than before. Their lips pressed against each other, molded softly, teasing and as they deepened the kiss.

 

“Yunho-ah…I love you…” Jaejoong murmured against Yunho’s lips.

 

Yunho pulled back, his brow furrowed. That sentence was hard to miss especially when it came out from Jaejoong’s mouth. So, he was certain that he heard it right but still, it’s not wrong if he seeks for confirmation.

 

“Say it again…”

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, but not really hate it. On contrary, he loves it when Yunho’s attention was on him. And now that everything is spelled black and white for the world to see, he guessed that he’s free to finally express his feeling to his other half. Yunho after all really deserves it.

 

“I love you…”

 

The soft sigh of satisfaction escaped from Yunho’s mouth. His face radiated with a dreamy smile, couldn’t possible tear his besotted gaze from Jaejoong.

 

“I love you too…” Yunho whispered his reply, so close to Jaejoong and their noses brushed each other. Jaejoong nodded.

 

“I love you so much…”

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong’s browsing through the book on the shelves when his eyes were drawn on a book titled ‘The Pregnancy Countdown Book’. He picked it up and dropped it into the basket.

 

“I’m really sorry that you have to do it alone…” Yunho’s voice sounded through the phone.

 

“It’s fine…we can do it together next time…I’m just buying 2-3 books for now…” Jaejoong said in return, almost at the same time his other hand’s reaching out for ‘The Expectant Father’ book.

 

6 – it’s actually 6 books in total when he made his way to the counter, totally different from what he told Yunho. He just couldn’t help himself because all books seem reliable.

 

He’s at the book store nearby the office all by himself without Yunho accompanying him because Yunho had to fly to Jeju for an urgent matter. It’s supposed to be him but due to his poor condition, Yunho had to replace him. He promised Jaejoong that he’ll be home before night.

 

“You don’t have to worry…Junsu said that he’ll come pick me up after he finished with his works…we’re going together after this…”

 

“Junsu?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“But-”

 

“I’m sorry…I have to hang up…gotta pay…take care…” Jaejoong pressed ‘end’ before Yunho could say anything in return.

 

The cashier stole glances at him several times before Jaejoong caught him.

 

“I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to look at you that way…it’s just that…I’ve seen you before…you’re working at YJ Group, right?” The cashier hurried on with the explanation.

 

Jaejoong nodded; flashing his sweet smile.

 

“Pregnancy, huh? Someone in your family?”

 

“It’s for-”

 

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of Jaejoong’s phone. Seeing Junsu’s name on the screen, he ran his finger and pressed it against his ear.

 

“…it’s for my grandma…” Jaejoong subconsciously blurted it out to the cashier; referring to the books. He placed the money on the counter after he read the amount on the screen.

 

“G-grandma?” The cashier mouthed it, shocked.

 

“You’re outside? Okay…I’m on my way…” Jaejoong said, grabbed back the change and rushed out of the book store – without the books.

 

“W-wait! The books for your grandma!” The cashier raised his hand to stop him but Jaejoong’s already out of the door.

 

***************************************************************

 

Preview for the next chapter: “The Confession”

 

Jaejoong got a love confession from another man in front of Yunho?

 

***

 

Junsu: *talking to himself* If Jaejoong hyung’s grandma got pregnant…when the baby’s born, then it will become Jaejoong hyung’s aunt? A baby’s going to be our AUNT?!

 

Jaejoong: Junsu-ah…what are you mumbling about?

 

Junsu: Hyung, you told that man that your grandma is pregnant.

 

Yunho: *appeared from behind Jaejoong’s back* What man?

 

Jaejoong: There’s no man!

 

Junsu: *surprised* That cashier is not even a man, hyung?! *gasped*

 

Yunho: *shook his head* Stop babbling nonsense, Junsu-ah…I’m getting confused here.

 

Junsu: I’m confused too, hyung! I knew it for sure that he’s a man, but then he’s not even a man? Which one is the truth? Jaejoong hyung? *looking around, searching for Jaejoong*

 

Jaejoong: *running away for his life*

 

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

 

***************************************************************

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks.