"The Confession"

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

Part 14: “The Confession”

 

 

Jaejoong got out of the bookstore and saw the awaiting car with the familiar plate number. He wasn’t dawdling in his steps and went straight to the passenger side. Opening it up, he was greeted with Junsu’s bright face.

 

“Ah hyung~ you got the wrong door…the driver’s door on the other side…” He pointed to the next door innocently.

 

“I know…that’s why I opened up this door… because I thought you’re driving…”

 

“Me? Driving” Junsu pointed to his chest, a bit lost over there.

 

“But I don’t know how to drive, hyung…I don’t even have any license… that’s why I sit here…”

 

Jaejoong could see it. Junsu’s completely buckled up, fully ready to go. But if it wasn’t Junsu, then who’s the one driving that car earlier? He’s staring at Junsu; perplexed.

 

“Who drove this car just now?”

 

“Who else Driver ahjusshi…”

 

Jaejoong looked around, searching for him at every place he could.

 

“Then…where is he now” Jaejoong asked him back when he couldn’t find the said driver. If he’s not mistaken, Junsu’s just arrived but then where’s the driver? He couldn’t just simply vanish in the thin air.

 

“I asked him to take the cab to go home…I think he’s still in the cab…” Junsu answered after giving a glance on his watch.

 

“W-what?” Jaejoong raised his hand and ruffled his hair. He lost for words.

 

“I’m not in the fit condition to drive, Junsu-ah…I feel dizzy whenever I’m sitting in transportation...that's why your hyung had to go to Jeju on my behalf…”

 

Junsu’s mouth formed a long ‘O’ right after that. Sending his apologetic look to Jaejoong, he slowly unbuckled the seat belt and got out of the car. Jaejoong backed away from the car, giving a room for Junsu to stand.

 

Should he say that he’s surprised with it? He wished he could but he’s not. On contrary, he’s amused. What else Junsu could do or in most cases cannot do properly. But there are times when they predicted that Junsu would fail to execute the task; he’s surprised them with superfluously impressive result. He’s foolishly genius – Jaejoong wasn’t really sure if it’s fine for him to describe Junsu that way but yes; he’s a fool but at the same time a genius.

 

If it’s someone else, he would definitely drag him out of the car and shoved his big shoe print on his rear end. But it’s Junsu, his brother in law. Jaejoong sighed in defeated.

 

“Hyung…are you mad at me?” Junsu peeked at him slightly, wouldn’t dare to match their eyes level.

 

“Call him and request him to come back…because we need someone to drive the car…” Jaejoong commanded and Junsu nodded.

 

“Apologize to him first…” Jaejoong raised his index finger, stressing it out with a firm voice and Junsu nodded again.

 

“You can go and wait in the office, hyung…leave everything to me…” Junsu pushed his back, urged him to go back to the company.

 

“If there’s anything…anything…call me, okay…”

 

“Yes…I know…go hyung…go, rest…trust me in this…”

 

*************************

 

“The first thing I’m going to do is to call Yunho…” He said aloud as he put a self-reminder in his head. Pressing the elevator button with his thumb, the smile’s playing at the tip of his mouth whenever he’s thinking about Yunho.

 

“Crap…he’s been gone not even a day, but I’ve already missing him like crazy…” He chuckled while shaking his head. Knocking his head lightly with the hope that he can shake that silly look off his face, he stepped into the elevator as soon as the door slid open.

 

“Ah right…I can just read the books to kill the times…” He said and still with a dreamy smile but later his eyes popped wide.

 

Watching as the door’s closing right before him, he shoved his hand in between the small crack to block it.

 

“Books!” Half shouting, he began running out of the elevator.

 

*************************

 

“I’m sorry…But I can’t let you meet him just like that…the company’s almost empty by now and even the receptionist already went home…”

 

“I’ll just give it to him tomorrow then…” Feeling a little bit disappointed he turned around ready to leave when the guard stopped him again.

 

“The books…you can just leave it to me… I’ll hand them to him when he come down later on…”

 

He looked down to his hand, giving it a little bit thought before he shook his head, rejecting the guard’s kind offer.

 

“It’s fine…I’d just-”

 

“Oh you brought me the books!!!” Jaejoong’s voice echoed throughout the lobby. The two of them threw their gaze to the owner of the voice.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi…” The guard lowered down his head to Jaejoong, showing him his respect.

 

“It’s okay Ahjusshhi…I’ll take it from here…” Jaejoong slowed down his steps, managed to flash them his warm smile as he took a breath. His hand pressed against his stomach protectively.

 

The guard nodded and backed away, giving them privacy. Flipping his hair to the back, Jaejoong straightened up.

 

“Thank you so much...thank you so much for bringing these here even though you don’t really have to…” Jaejoong expressed his gratitude as soon as the plastic bag changed hand.

 

“Its fine…treat it as the customer service…” He winked at Jaejoong and smiled.

 

“…besides, I figure that your grandma would be really upset if she doesn’t get her books…”

 

“G…g-grandma?” Jaejoong blinked his eyes rapidly; wondering what makes him think that the books are for his grandma. He doesn’t even have a grandma!

 

“You said it yourself just now…that the books are for your grandma…before you answer the phone…” The cashier explained deliberately and finished it with a smirk.

 

“Oh God…” Jaejoong closed his eyes. The only thing that he could do to hide his feeling of embarrassment is just brushing it off with a dry laugh. And again apologized.

 

“I’m sorry…there are so many things going on inside my head…I don’t even know why I said something like that…” His eyes trailed off to the books in his hands.

 

“They are actually for my grandpa…I mean…grandpa’s grandson…which is-” Him. He was about to say it but was interrupted with his small laughter. Jaejoong’s mouth gaped, a bit surprised.

 

“You’re cute when you’re stuttering like that…”

 

Okay, that was weird – Jaejoong thought and closed his mouth back. Did this guy just compliment him for being silly? This guy; a cashier from the bookstore that he doesn’t even know what his name is.

 

“Then I guess I owe you an apology as well…”

 

“F-for what?”

 

“For making an excuse just to meet you…” He smiled sweetly to Jaejoong.

 

Blinking his eyes and not saying anything in return, Jaejoong gazed at him with suspicious churned inside him. He recognized that kind of smile, that kind of talk, and he could see where this is going. Let’s just say that he got used to this kind of scene a lot. And it never really ended well except for when he’s with Yunho. When it was Yunho, everything just felt ridiculously right. Others are just trying to take advantage upon him.

 

“I’ve been watching over you and I don’t know how to start a conversation with you…until today…”

 

Noticing how Jaejoong’s face slowly turning stiff and serious, he immediately waved his hand and explained.

 

“I mean…don’t get me wrong…it’s not like I’ve been stalking you or anything…it’s just that I’ve heard a lot about you from the customers…who are working here…”

 

“Hope that it’s not the bad thing…” Jaejoong interjected coldly.

 

“No…of course not…I heard so many things about you…the good things…till the curiosity gradually grew in me…to know more who that person is…when I learned about your name, naturally, I have this instinct to meet you in person and see it myself…when I know you’re that person…without I even realized, I started to watch over you from far…”

 

Jaejoong furrowed his brows and seeing it, he flustered. Those big doe eyes were like expressing word by word how much he doesn’t like it, how uncomfortable he is with him even though he’s not actually saying it out loud. Glad that Jaejoong chose not to tell that straight to his face because if he did, he’d surely be sent out of the building with his both hands cuffed and a label of ‘ual Offender’ on his record.

 

“I sounded creepy, don’t I?”

 

“Well…that depends on how you define ‘creepy’. Do you know where I live? Do you follow me everywhere I go? Do you have my pictures as your wallpapers in your bedroom?”

 

“No! Of course not!” He quickly denied it with a firm voice.

 

“I wouldn’t dare to go to that extent…it’s hard to even make a small talk with you because you’re never alone…”

 

‘Never alone’ – that statement made Jaejoong feels so special. He should say thanks to the overprotective paranoid Jung Yunho for that – for always sticking to him like a magnet and even shove his own best friends to be his bodyguard when he’s not available. It’s not like his body made of glass, one fall he’ll break.

 

“Look…I have no bad intention…I just want to get close to you, want to know you better…that’s all…” He jammed both of his hands into the front pockets of his apron.

 

Jaejoong caught a hint of giving up in his tone; probably running out of idea to convince him that he meant nothing bad at all. With his head lowered down; the sign of ‘U & I Bookstore’ on his cap became apparent. Jaejoong eyed him with a heavy heart. He seems like a nice person but that’s just it because his heart is already owned by someone else.

 

And that’s where he should say the line “I’m sorry but I’m married” to him. It’s better for him to end it right there than carrying it as a new problem on his shoulder.

 

“The truth is…I-”

 

“Jaejoong hyung~!”

 

Junsu hopped off the car and started to run towards him but took an immediate urgency break with his feet when his eyes landed on the stranger that Jaejoong’s talking too. Running his fingers on his hair and gave his suit a little bit adjustment, he then continued stepping forward but this time with the right attitude. His chest up, his eyes sharp, his footsteps against the ground sounded stronger and confident – he shows nothing but his charismatic look.

 

“Hyung…” He spoke after cleared up his throat.

 

“Junsu-ah…”

 

Junsu stopped when he reached next to Jaejoong; his eyes were accessing the stranger.

 

“And who this might be?” Junsu asked in half whisper. Jaejoong’s eyes followed where Junsu’s looking at and it stopped at the man before him.

 

“Ah…this is…” Jaejoong’s voice broke off when he remembers that he doesn’t even know what his name is. His eyes darted at him as the frown formed on his forehead.

 

“Annyoenghaseyo I’m Eun Doo Joon…I works at U & I Bookstore…” He introduced himself to them, both of his hands clasped on his stomach as he bowed down slightly.

 

“Annoyeonghaseyo, I’m Jung Junsu…”

 

“I forgot the books and he helped bringing them here…” Jaejoong explained to Junsu and showed him the plastic bag.

 

“I think it’s better for me to go now…” Doo Joon excused himself and turned around, halfheartedly leaving Jaejoong, heading back to the bookstore.

 

He had to find another way to spend some times with Jaejoong alone without any interruption next time. Unfortunately for him, those books is the only excuse he has and he doubts after what he said just now, Jaejoong would still want to talk to him.

 

“It’s really hard to be an adult…” Junsu muttered, not long after Doo Joon left them. His shoulders dropped down with a relief sigh.

 

Jaejoong who’s been eyeing him just now, smacked him lightly on his arm.

 

“What’s with the tough attitude just now? It’s so not you…”

 

“Can’t help it, hyung. I’m the co-director of this company and I have to act like one…”

 

“Jaejoongie…”

 

From above Junsu’s shoulder, Jaejoong could see Yoochun’s approaching them.

 

“Yoochun-ah~! What are you doing here? Taking Junsu out for a date?”

 

Yoochun denied it with a soft chuckle. The car key that he’s been holding on in between his two fingers released the rattling sound whenever it comes in contact with the dolphin keychain.

 

“Yunho called me just now, asking me to pick you up because Junsu can’t drive…”

 

“Ah…right…I just found out…”

 

“I know it’s all my fault…” Junsu compressed his lips thinly and jutted out the bottom part. He hunched his shoulders down.

 

Jaejoong’s grin spread with a humor.

 

“Oh come on Junsu-ah…don’t take it seriously…hyung’s just joking…” Jaejoong leaned over to wrap an arm around Jaejoong.

 

*************************

 

It was the third times Jaejoong had to rush to the bathroom that day and when he came back, he found a bouquet of white roses on his desk.

 

“Roses?”

 

“That just came in…especially for you…” Hyo Rin told him with a cheeky grin.

 

“From who?”

 

“Who else? It must be from Yunho-shi, right?” She took a guess, still smiling while pointing to the closed door with the name of ‘Jung Yunho’ at the front.

 

“Yunho?”

 

Hyo Rin affirmed it with a nod but Jaejoong’s expression somewhat disagreed with her. He squeezed back into his desk and took the bouquet close to his chest level, searching for the card.

 

“Why? You don’t think it’s from your hubby?”

 

Jaejoong glanced at her and replied her with ‘unsure’ look.

 

“It’s just that Yunho never gave me any other than anthurium… only anthurium suits me - long lasting and irresistibly beautiful, he said…” The nostalgic smile curved his mouth as he said that. He thought that it was silly but because of that, anthurium becomes his favorite flower.

 

“Really? But who knows maybe he decided that it’s time for roses now? To express his true love to you?”

 

The objection through the body language came first before the answer when he shook his head.

 

“I don’t think so…because-”

 

“That’s beautiful…who’s the sender?”

 

Jaejoong’s body jumped when he heard Yunho’s voice, his knees hitting the desk. Rubbing his knees slowly to ease the pain, he glanced up to meet Yunho’s eyes.

 

“It’s not from you?”

 

“Why would I give it to you? You hate roses…” Yunho stated the matter of fact, putting down the files on his desk.

 

“It’s not mentioned in the card; from whom?” His hand’s reaching out for the card and Jaejoong’s hand moved swiftly, snatching the card before Yunho could as if this was a competition.

 

He flipped the card open for just a mere second and closed it back. He kept his composure and looked back at Yunho.

 

“Nope…it doesn’t say anything…”

 

Lie – that was the first lie he ever made to Yunho after the marriage and it didn’t even feel good. It’s . It felt even worst after his whole speech to Yunho about how much he abhorred ‘lies and deceit’. And now he’s committing it.

 

“Really? Maybe it’s wrongly sent…try call the florist and asks them for whom that flower was addressed to…” Without suspecting anything, Yunho directed him on his way back into his office.

 

“Yunho-ah!” Jaejoong stopped him before the door is closed.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

He wanted to tell Yunho the truth. He wanted to tell everything’s that bugging him. He wanted to tell him about this guy named Eun Doo Joon. He wanted Yunho to know it from him rather than to find out later, but he couldn’t bring himself to voice it out. First it’s because they’re in the office and they have eyes watching over them and second, it’s because he doesn’t know how Yunho would react to it. 

 

“Don’t worry…I remember about our promise…” Yunho broke the silence with an assurance smile.

 

“Huh?”

 

“We’re going to the bakery shop after this – that’s what you want to remind me, right?”

 

He’s craving for caramel pudding, Yunho knew it. But that’s not the issue he wants to discuss, still Jaejoong nodded anyway. Watching as Yunho disappeared into the room, he diverted his eyes back to the card he held tightly in his hand.

 

To: Kim Jaejoong

~Hope to see you again…~

From: Eun Doo Joon

 

Whoever read that would definitely think that they’re having an affair. If he doesn’t do something soon, he’s afraid that this Eun Doo Joon would be the end of his marriage. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and heaved a desperate sigh. He crumpled the card and threw it into the small dustbin next to his feet.

 

*************************

 

The smell of freshly baked bread, the sesame seeds, the raisins and the sweet scents of the cupcakes circulating in the air from the open kitchen triggered Jaejoong’s stomach to drum faster. Waiting patiently for his turn in the line, He’s almost drooling while imagining the delicious taste of the caramel pudding, that soft texture against his tongue when he eats later.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi~ as usual?”

 

Jaejoong nodded eagerly. He titled forward and lowered down his voice.

 

“This time…give me 2 dozens, please…” He whispered, subtly his lips.

 

She returned him with a sweet smile and nodded.

 

“Please wait for a moment…”

 

Inhaling deeply as he let his gaze wandered around, he heard a voice from behind his back calling for his name. Turning around, his eyes widened when he realized that it was Eun Doo Joon.

 

“Eun Doo Joon-shi…”

 

*************************

 

Jaejoong put aside the paper bag filled with caramel pudding and slid his finger over the smart phone’s screen. He sent a quick text message to Yunho telling him that it’ll take him some times.

 

“Did you get the flowers I sent to you?”

 

“Ah…yes…I did…thanks…” A reluctant smiled curved his mouth. Jaejoong couldn’t tell him that the roses is actually his least favorite flower when he thinks that he’s about to receive a huge blow after this.

 

The blush spread on Doo Joon’s cheek as he’s smiling shyly.

 

“Eun Doo Joon-shi…the truth is-”

 

“Before you say anything, please listen to me first, Kim Jaejoong-shi…I have to let this all out while I still have the courage to do so…”

 

Jaejoong closed back his mouth when Doo Joon cut his words off. His mind could only think of Yunho. He just wanted to end everything fast and rush back to Yunho’s side.

 

“To be honest…I…I really like you…not as friends but more than that…it started with a simple crush but it develops stronger…it might sounds silly, but I want to build a relationship with you where we can grow old together…a serious relationship…”

 

‘I love you’ – he remember the first time Yunho uttered it and he still remember how he felt; like he’s not even standing on the ground. It felt so real but at the same time like it was just a scene in a dream. Because it’s too good to be true. Growing old together – that’s the first time he ever imagine his future with someone.

 

Jaejoong flinched when Doo Joo suddenly held his hand.

 

“I want you to give me a chance to prove that I’m serious about this…that I can be trusted…I want you to give a chance to both of us…”

 

He’s serious and he’s determined; Jaejoong could see that. Word by word, he really meant it. But it’s still useless. Jaejoong pulled his hand out of Doo Joon’s grasp and diverted his attention to somewhere else other than him.

 

And his heart stopped beating. His muscle tensed when he met Yunho’s implacable gaze.

 

“Yunho-ah!” He bolted up back on his heel. His heart constricted, struggling to find the right words to explain to him about his condition. But nothing surfaced. His mind went blank.

 

Jaejoong held his breath when Yunho advanced closer to their table. With his eyes gazing coldly at him, his face showed no emotion. Yunho’s indeed scary when he wanna be. He slid his gaze toward Doo Joon and back to him again. The glance lasted long enough to show him that he’s nowhere close to like seeing Jaejoong in that situation. He’s disappointed.

 

He extended his arm to grab the paper bag contained 2 dozens of pudding and stepped away from the table. The muscle knotted his jaw.

 

“I’ll wait you in the car…” then he turned and walked out the door.

 

“Who is he?” Doo Joon’s question snapped Jaejoong from his trance.

 

“He’s…hmm…Jung Yunho…”

 

“Jung Yunho as in…the Director and the founder of YJ Group Jung Yunho?!” He let out a gasp when Jaejoong nodded.

 

“Eun Doo Joon-shi…about what you’ve said just now-”

 

“It’s fine…you don’t have to give your answer right now…you can take your time-”

 

Jaejoong slammed his hands on the table; absolutely irritated with the constant cut-off from Doo Joon.

 

“There’s no need for me to think, Eun Doo Joon-shi…because I’m married…to Jung Yunho…”

 

***************************************************************

Preview for the next chapter: “Jaejoong’s OUT OF ORDER?”

 

Jaejoong’s mood swing took control over him and Yunho paid the price.

 

***

 

Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin were having breakfast together when Junsu suddenly brought up an interesting topic.

 

Junsu: You see…I heard Jaejoong hyung cried last night…like he’s really hurt…I thought there’s something bad happened and ran toward their room.

 

Yoochun: Couple fights…that’s normal…nothing to worry about…*taking a sip on his drink*

 

Junsu: Really? But I saw Jaejoong hyung sat on top of Yunho hyung when he cried. Is that normal?

 

Yoochun: *spurt out his drink*

 

Changmin: *choked on his food*

 

Yoochun: *leaned closer to Changmin* I think Junsu just saw they’re in the middle of…you know…*clear his throat*

 

Changmin: *nodded and turned to look at Junsu* They didn’t lock the door?

 

Junsu: They did but I used the spare key.

 

Yoochun: And…what they said?

 

Junsu: Yunho hyung said that it’s nothing serious and asked me to go back to sleep.

 

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

 

***************************************************************

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks.