Chapter 7

One More Try

hello guys..sorry for the long wait. I've been really busy these days. I'll try to update the next chapter soon and I wished you's be patient. Hope yopu enjoy this chapter.

 

Chapter 7

Victoria woke up with the feeling that someone’s watching her. Prying her eyes open, she adjusted to the bright sunlight in the room. She turned her head and met Khun’s intense gaze. She decided to ignore him but he suddenly speaks up when she tried to sit up.

“Feeling much better now, Victoria?”

Victoria just nodded and gently gets off the bed. She head to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Since she forgot to take some clothes with her, she went out after with just a big fluffy towel for cover. She then rummaged to her suitcase, find a comfy sundress and underwear and head back to the bathroom. 

Victoria was already putting on some light make up when Khun speak up again.

“When did you found out?” he asked.

“About a month or so.” She simply replied.

“And you never even bother to tell me? For goodness sake, Victoria! That baby is my child. “Khun snapped.

“I tried telling you but you were busy with more important things.” Victoria replied sarcastically.

“What can be more important than my child, Victoria? Is this your way of revenge? You can do anything to me, hit me, and slap me or whatever. Just don’t involve my child.” He reacted.

“I’m not that ruthless, Khun. Even if you left me, I will never use our child to spite you. This is just between you and me.” Victoria countered.

Just then they heard a knock on their door. Victoria moved to open it and her Mom barged inside their room.

“Khun, Dad’s been waiting for you. He said you need to go fishing for our dinner. Did you both have some rest?” their mother asked.

“Vicky’s not feeling well, Mom. But I’ll be coming down in a few minutes. I just need take a quick shower.” Khun replied.

“Okay, Khun. I’ll tell your Dad.” Then she turned to Victoria who was just sitting still on the duvet.

“Are you okay now, baby? What happened to you?

“I’m fine, Mom. I had rest so I’m good now. Would you like me to help you out with dinner? “Victoria offered.

“Okay, we can prepare some dessert and some vegetables to pair with whatever your Dad and Khun will catch.”

The mother and daughter head to the rest house’s kitchen to check on ingredients. After about ten minutes they heard Khun shout that he’s going to look for Mr. Song. Victoria then decided to just make apple pie for dessert when her Mom suddenly nudged her.

“Baby, what are your plans for Khun’s birthday? It’s tomorrow, right? She asked.

Victoria reached for her phone and checked the date. Her mother’s right.  

“I don’t have one yet, Mom because I was not sure if he’ll be here. I thought he would still be in Bangladesh. “She replied.

“Then let’s just think of something now!  Maybe you can just bake a cake and we will just have a small party by the beach. Just the four of us.  But you probably don’t have a gift. Where can we can one?” her mother frets.

“I will bake the cake when he sleeps tonight. And about the gift, I’ll come up with something. Don’t worry, Mom.” Victoria assured her mother.

“Okay. I trust you. I’ll ask someone to cook Pad Thai and to bring some sea foods for us tomorrow evening” Mrs. Song confirmed.

It’s already six in the evening when Khun and Mr. Song arrived from fishing. They caught six snappers and 4 medium sized and 2 big ones. Victoria and Mrs. Song decided to cook the big ones in lemon sauce, and then fried two of the medium sized. The rest they kept in the fridge and will just grill in the next day. The whole family enjoyed dinner prepared by the ladies. At around nine in the evening, Khun and Victoria were coerced by their parents to go ahead and call it a day.

The next day, Khun woke up with Victoria’s thumping. She was running towards the bathroom and he saw her slumped on the floor as she throw up. He went off the bed and walk towards her. He gathered her hair and hold it loosely but enough that her hair won’t cover her face. With his other hand he reached for a towel. When Victoria tried to stand up, he assisted her and gently wiped her face. He then gently ushered her out and let her sat on the bed.

“Are you, okay now? Do you want me to bring you anything?” he asked.

“Its normal, Khun. Just give me a few minutes and then I’ll take a shower so we can have breakfast.” She replied.

“I just hate seeing you like this. I wish I can take it from you so you won’t suffer.” Khun sincerely stated.

“It’s not suffering, Khun it’s called pregnancy. “She quipped.” Well, I’d better go shower now so we can start the day early.”

After taking a shower, Victoria head down and check the cake she baked the night before.She stored in the fridge so Khun won’t see it. When her Mom and Dad camein, she already was able to prepare omelets, bacon and toast. Khun followed after a few minutes.

“Happy birthday, son.” Mr Song greeted Khun enthusiastically. Mrs. Song greeted him too while Victoria just watched them.

“Thank you, Mom and Dad. Yeobo, thank you for preparing breakfast. I’ve really missed this.” Khun stated to which Victoria just nodded.

“Khun we can take the yatch today, so your Mom and Vicky can enjoy the sun. We can also have some beer and chat.  What do you think?” his father in law asked.

“But, Yeobo, maybe Khun and Vicky have other plans. Khun, if you want you can go horseback riding with Vicky.

“Its, okay, Mom. We’d rather go sailing. Right, honey.” And he turned to his wife.

“We’ll come with you, Mom.” Victoria confirms.

After breakfast, Victoria prepared the Pad Thai for Khun while her Mom prepared and asked the crew to load the food she prepared. She’s already so used to preparing this and was done in about fifteen minutes. She used her spare minutes to change her clothes and put on some light make up. At around nine, they were already in the middle of the sea, sailing and enjoying the time together.

Khun was very surprised to know that Vicky and her mother-in-law prepared something special for his birthday. Being here with Victoria is enough to make his birthday a happy one. Victoria also was a bit relaxed now even if he can be touchy at times, she just let him be. This reminds him of their earlier years when they can never get enough of each other. And now, knowing that he’s going to be a father soon is the ultimate gift he received.

They were already done eating when Vicky handed him a box.

“Khun-ah, happy birthday.” And she pecked a kiss on his cheeks. Her parents just smiled and asked Khun to open his gift. They squealed when they saw what’s inside while Khun reached for his wife and hugged her. Although he already knew, seeing the result and having it announced to their family still overwhelmed him.

“Omo! I’m going to be a grandmother soon!” Mrs. Song exclaimed.

“Ya! Congatulations, Khun-Appa! We need to celebrate!” Mr. Song cheerfully greeted him.

“I know, Dad! I’m very excited for the baby.” He replied. His smile as bright as the sun.

Victoria stared at him but when he caught her eyes, she shyly looked down. Then she excused herself and went to the kitchen. When she came back, she was holding the cake she personally baked. She began singing as she approached him. Before he blew the cake, she asked him to make a wish. He closed his eyes and uttered his wish in his head.

Victoria sat beside him and asked as soon as she took her seat.

“What do you wished for, Khun-ah”

Khun looked at her straight in the eyes, tears pooling on his eyes and whispered.

“I wish for us, Victoria. I wish for us. I love you so.”