Chapter 5

One More Try

Sorry for taking too long to update. Im too busy with work specially since I moved to a new position.I will try to post the next chapter within this weekend.Im working on it now because i dont know if I can update after this holidays.. I hope you'll still continue to support this story.. 

p.s. let me know if chapters are too long =) thanks for all the comments and subbies..

Chapter 5

After the call from her parents, Victoria became unsettled. How can she explain to them that Khun left her? She knew that they will be devastated and that’s not good since her Dad just had triple bypass a few months ago. She needs to find an alibi to cover Khun’s absence in her life during her parents visit.  Vicky decided to just push the issue at the back of her mind and just finished the case that she’s studying.

Few days after, Victoria was on her way home when Beka called her and inform that her parents have arrived. She was surprised since they didn’t inform her as agreed the last they talk. She hurriedly made her way home.

“Baby, welcome home.” Her mother greeted as soon as she walked in.

“Mom, Dad, welcome back. I miss you both.” She hugged the couple and the turn to the other couple on the couch.  “Sulli, Minho it’s nice to see you again.” And Sulli rushed to her and hugged her.

“I miss you Unnie. Sorry if I wasn’t able to visit you. The company’s taking a lot of my time right now. We’re so busy with the new franchise in Jeolla and Ilsan. And then we also have to prepare for the wedding. Gosh, unnie! Good thing Minho’s very understanding and he’s been a great help with all the preparation.”  Sulli blabbered. She reached for her fiancé’s hand and Minho walk towards her and wrapped an arm on her waist.

“Noona, we’re very sorry if we haven’t visited you. We hope to have a vacation trip with you and Khun Hyung after the wedding so we can spend more time together.” Minho explained to Victoria.

“Its okay, Sull, Minho. I know that you two are both busy bees. Just concentrate on finalizing the details of your wedding and then let’s plan after.  By the way, have you set the exact date yet?”  She replied.

“It’s going to be on the 15th of September, Unnie. You need to fit your dress for the wedding since you’re going to be my matron of honor. “Sulli informed her.

“Oh, just less than two months from now. I’ll try to drop by the day after tomorrow. “Victoria informed the couple.

Just then Beka called them for dinner. The whole family enjoyed the scrumptious dinner prepared for them. After dinner, they head back to the living room to have coffee.

“Unnie, Mom, Dad, we’ll leave first. Minho needs to leave early tomorrow for a business meeting in Busan. “Sulli advised.

“Why don’t you stay here for the night, Sull. We have enough room anyway.” Victoria offered.

“It’s okay Noona. I still need to pack my bags. I wasn’t able to prepare ahead since Sull and I were both busy.”

“Unnie, I‘ll come visit you again soon. And don’t forget to attend the engagement party two Sunday from now, okay.” Her sister reminded her.

“Noona, where’s Khun Hyung? Just be sure both of you will be there.”  Minho added.

“Vicky, baby, can you call Khun and tell him we’re here.”  Her father asked.

Victoria was surprised with his father’s request. She needs to find a way to divert their attention.

“I will later Dad. I just need to change first. Sulli, Minho, I’ll see you on the engagement party.”  And she excused herself and Sulli and Minho left as well. When she got in her room, she paced back and forth thinking of what to tell her parents.  She changed to more comfortable clothes and was on her way out when she remembered that she left her phone on the bed. She went back and was about to walk out when she paused to think. It seems like the phone’s taunting her and before she knew it, her phone’s already on her ear, while waiting for the other line to answer the call.

“Hello, Victoria?” his grumbled greeting startled her and she almost dropped the phone.

“Khun.” She simply replied. She didn’t know what to tell him. She’s still contemplating when he speaks up.

“Victoria, are we just going to listen to each other’s breathing? Why did you call?”

“Mom and Dad are staying here and they’re asking for you.”  Victoria snapped.

“You haven’t told them that we separated.” He asked back.

“How can I tell them that you left me for another girl?  Do you think Dad will not be affected.” she replied angrily and almost hung up.

“Look, Victoria, if you call just to argue then there’s no sense for this. I didn’t left you for another girl and you know the truth. Now tell me what you want?” he retort.

“I know it’s a mistake calling. If not for my parents asking you to come home I would never contact you. Never mind Khun. Just forget that I called you and that this happened. Just enjoy your happy days with your mistress!” and Victoria dropped the call.

She stayed in her room for a while, trying to compose herself so her parents wouldn’t notice anything. After sometime, she went out and found her parents waiting for her in the living room. She took a seat beside her mother and wrapped her arms around her.

“I miss you Mom. I wished you’d just stay here.” She mumbled.

“Aigoo, Victoria! You’re a married woman and you’re clinging to me like a baby? You just miss your husband don’t you? And where is he anyway? Will he be coming home soon?” her Mom asked as she hugged her back.

“I’m sorry but Khun needs to stay for a while in Bangladesh. The medical mission is really needed there. We can just proceed with the vacation. Just the three of us.” Victoria replied.

“My son –in- law is really noble and good hearted. You are lucky to have him Victoria.”  Her father interjected. Victoria just nodded not wanting to burst his bubble although she really wanted to disagree with him.

“Baby, we can go to Jeju the day after tomorrow after you fit your gown for Sulli’s wedding.” Her mother advised.

“Okay, Mom. I hate to leave you here tomorrow but I need to go to the office to turn over some files before we can go to vacation. Will you be okay here? Victoria asked.

“Of course, Vicky. We might also go shopping for some clothes. Just go home before dinner, okay?” her father replied.

“I will, Daddy. Now, let’s all call it a night. ” Victoria and her parents stood and head to their own rooms.

The next day, Victoria went to Krystal’s office to hand over documents for her case. She asked for two- week vacation. Her friend immediately agreed and told her not to worry about anything.  They decided to have lunch together.

“Vic, have you told them about Khun and the baby?” Krystal asked.

“I haven’t, Krys. I’m still trying to find proper timing. I’m too scared on how Dad will take this.”  She confessed.

“Well they will find it sooner or later. Better tell it to them by yourself. Maybe this vacation will be a good opportunity.” Her friend advised.

“I’ll think about it. I’ll miss you Krys. Even if it’s just two weeks. Just don’t hesitate to call me if needed, okay? This is the first time for me to take a long break after we put up this firm.” Victoria uttered.

“I’ll miss you too Vicky. I’m sure we’ll all manage here. Don’t worry about a thing. Just enjoy your vacation with your parents and take good care of your baby. “And Krystal leaned to hug her.

At around four in the afternoon, after ensuring that she didn’t forgot anything she decided to head home. She called Beka and asked if her parents were already home and to prepare their dinner. Beka told her that her parents have arrived and resting in their room.

When she came in her parents were in the living room, sitting and chatting comfortably. She envied her parents’ marriage. After thirty years, they’re still very much in love. Victoria and Sulli grew up with their parents not afraid of showing affection to each other.  When she got married, she wished for her marriage to be the same but too bad it didn’t happen. She took a sigh and fights her tears from falling as she walked towards the living room.

“Mom, Dad, I’m here.” And she squeezed herself in between her parents.

“ Aigoo, this big baby. We heard you come in. It’s just that Mom and I are making plans for our vacation.” Her father .

“You’re too lovey-dovey on each other and I thought you didn’t hear me. I took a two week vacation from work so we can spend time together.” She excitedly told them

“That’s lovely, Vicky. I’m sure we’ll enjoy our vacation together.  I’m so excited now. I bought you some clothes too when we went shopping. It’s all in your room now.” Her mother told her.

“Thanks, Mom. It’s been a long time since we had trips together so I’m looking forward to this.” And she snuggled closer to her.

“Well, baby, I suggest you head to your room and change. Let’s have early dinner. You need to have your gown fitted tomorrow before our flight, right?  You need to pack you things tonight as well. Go, now!” and her mother pushed her out of the couch.

“Don’t take too long Vicky.” Her father added. Her parents looked at each other and then both had a sleazy smile on their face.

“Yah, Mommy,Daddy, why are you pushing me.” Victoria pretended to be hurt.

“We’re not baby. Just go to your room and change.” Her mother answered while giggling.

Victoria can’t help but just chuckled at her parents as she made her way to her room.

She discarded he blazer as soon as she walked into the master suite. She went straight to the walk in closet and chose a comfortable shirt and slacks. Although she’s only about three months pregnant, her clothes are starting to be too tight. She went back to the bedroom and started to undress. She already her blouse and was about to take it off when she heard a fake cough. She hurriedly pulled her blouse together and turned.

“What a nice welcome, honey.”  Khun said with a mischievous grin.