Chapter 18

One More Try

Hello everyone. Sorry for taking too long to update. I promise to finished this story and I wont break it. A few more chapters and it'll be ending, so stay tune. I will try my best to complete this before year ends. Leave me some love and thank you to the new subbies even if I havent updated for a while. To those who patiently waited, this chapter is for you.
 

“Hello Dr. Hwang.” Victoria greeted coldly.

“Why are you here alone? Is Khun not coming?”  Tiffany asked as she browsed thru Victoria’s chart.

“He was supposed to come with me but he was called in to assist in an accident.” She simply explained.

Tiffany asked her to lie down and began the examination. After the exam she just prescribed more vitamins for Victoria and was about to dismiss her when she asked.

“Did you and Khun got back because of the kid?”

Victoria was surprised but decided to be civil and answered.

“We are married. Whether we got back because of the kid or not, I don’t think I have to justify to anyone.”

“Oh did I hear a snarky Lawyer Song. I’m just curious. I was with him in Bangladesh, remember?  I know he left you. “Tiffany snide.

“Well, we got back and that’s it. And we’re having our baby in a few weeks. End of story.”  Victoria answered back.”

“Are you sure it’s gonna be a happy ending? Don’t be too confident Atty. Song.” Tiffany maliciously remarked.

“I think this is going to be the last checkup I’ll have with you, Dr, Hwang.  Goodbye.” And Victoria walked out before the doctor even replied.

She called Khun and asked if he can pick her up but his phone was unattended. She called Krystal but she’s also in the middle of a meeting and can’t leave. Victoria decided to just call a cab and asked to be dropped off in the office. She began studying cases when Krystal walked in.

“Hi Vicky. Sorry I wasn’t able to pick you up. How’s the check up and where’s Khun? I though he went with you.”

“He was urgently called in to assist in the hospital so I went alone. And what a joke fate lead me into. “Victoria answered.

“Why what happened. Come on, let’s take a break. I’ll treat you in the bingsu house.” And Krystal helped her out and together they went for a break.

 

“Come on, now tell me. What happened earlier?” Krystal probed as soon as she sat down with two bowls of Bingsu

“Do you remember, Tiffany?”  Victoria asked to which Krystal nodded.

“She took over my check up since Dr. Kim was in an urgent operation. And that girl has the nerve to ask me about getting back together with Khun.” Victoria fumed as she remembered the earlier incident.

“Oh. And why did she bring it up? Krystal asked again.

“I don’t know. She just told me that she knew that Khun left me before they went in a medical mission.” She replied.

“I do not like her being that nosy. Don’t go for any check up there Vicky.” Krystal stated.

“Yeah, Im not going there anymore if Dr.Kim is not available. I don’t wanna cross her path again.” Victoria agreed.

Krystal offered to send her home after they finished their snack. Victoria initially refused as she needs to do some work before she goes on leave the following day. Krystal insisted and won the discussion. 

 

When Victoria arrived, she still got some time before dinner. She head out to the baby’s room and began arranging the room. Beka called her at around seven to inform her that dinner’s all ready. She went out of the baby’s room towards the dining room just as soon as Khun stepped in.

“Hi Baby. So sorry that I wasn’t able to accompany you. How’s our baby boy?” Khun asked as he greeted her with a kiss

“Your baby is okay, honey. All healthy and active. Now hurry and take a quick shower so we can have dinner." Victoria ordered as she saw that Khun’s clothes are soiled with blood. Khun obediently run towards their room and took a shower.

While having dinner, Victoria tried to open the conversation with regard to Tiffany.

“ Honey, how long have you known, Dr. Hwang?”  she asked.

“Since we were in middle school in the US. We just lost contact when I went here. Then we met again in different conventions when she came back here in Korea..” Khun unsuspiciously replied.

“She was your girlfriend, right?” Victoria asked again.

“Yes, honey. She was. “ Khun repliedwith a grin.

“But you went to Bangladesh together. Did you tell her we separated?” She asked again.

“Remember when you went to my clinic days after I left the house. You saw her and you ran out. She was so worried that you misunderstood her visiting me. “ Khun explained.

“But when you were in Bangladesh did you not tried to get back with her? “ Victoria asked in a roll.

“Of course not, honey. Even if I left, I never stopped loving you. How can I get back with her when I miss you every single day? “Khun sincerely replied. He stood up and walked towards Victoria. He kneeled down in front of her and took her hands.

“Is something bothering you? What's allt this questions about Tiffany? Did you meet her? She is just a colleague and nothing else. You are my wife, my love and my life. You and the baby are my most precious gift.” Khun assured her.

Victoria can feel that her husband is telling the truth so she just let it go for now.

“I’m okay. Maybe it’s just hormones or the anxiety of giving birth. Anyway, I already prepared our baby’s room so all I have to do is pop this little one out.” She answered with a smile.

“Honey, do you already have a name for the baby? I’m just thinking of the name Nicholas should it be a boy which I know he will and the name Catherine for a girl just in case.” Khun asked.

“That sounds good. Nicholas Horvejkul or Catherine Horvejkul.Good job, Daddy." Victoria beamed just thinking of their baby.

“It’s your bedtime now, Mommy. Come on; let’s leave this to Beka so you can rest.” Khun affectionately ordered.

The next day, Khun didn’t wake her up when he left for the hospital. Victoria already started her maternity leave so she can stay in bed longer. Krystal will be dropping by in the afternoon to update her on the cases but no real work for her.  Mid-morning she’s already bored staying in the house and not doing anything so she asked Beka to accompany her to the groceries. They stayed there for almost an hour and then went back home.  She’s surprised when she saw Minho standing in front of their gate.

“Minho! What happened? Is Sulli okay? Why are you here?”  Victoria barraged her brother in law as soon as she stepped out ofthe car.

“ Sulli is fine, Noona. I’m just waiting for Khun as I need to talk to him about something.” Minho replied.

“Okay, then come in. I’m not sure what time he’ll be home but let’s just get in first. I got bored so we went to the groceries.” She explained.

Beka offered cold drinks to Minho as Victoria took a seat.

“ Noona,  did you notice anything strange or received package from someone you don’t know?” Minho asked.

“No not anymore. Good thing it stopped. I was scared with what happened the last time.” Victoria replied with a sigh.

“But I will still keep my men on watch here especially now that you’re going to give birth.” Minho advised.

“That’s fine, Minho. Anyway, how’s my little sister? “She enquired.

“She doesn’t like to sleep with me, Noona but she wants me to be home everynight. She asked me to sleep in the daybed we put in our room.” Minho exasperatedly explained.

“That’s just normal, Minho. Blame it on pregnancy hormones. During my 1st trimester, I eat a lot. I love green tea flavored donuts and can eat a box. But now I can’t take it anymore.” The pregnant lady relayed.

“I hope it’ll pass soon, Noona. I miss cuddling my big baby.” Minho answered.

After about thirty minutes of waiting Khun arrived with a bunch of flowers and fruits. He greeted Victoria with a kiss and then turns to his brother in law.

“ Hi, Minho. Sorry I was late. I got your message but was in the middle of consultation.” Khun explained.

“No worries, Hyung. I’m not in a hurry anyway.” Minho replied.

“Honey, we’ll just head to the patio first. Can you ask Beka to send us some snack please? “ Khun asked Victoria tenderly.

Victoria became curious as to what the two will talk about but decided to just go and let the men be. She asked Beka to send over some tea and cake for them.

“Hyung, we have monitored Lawyer Lee Donghae and we cannot link him yet to any of the threat Noona received. And just this morning, my men intercepted a package left in Noona’s office “Minho started.

“I’m sure Donghae has something to do with everything Minho. I mean who else has motive?” Khun rebuts.

“I wanna show you something, Hyung and I’m sure you’ll understand why I’m not linking this to Lawyer Lee.” And Minho handed the envelope to Khun.

Khun was shocked and threw the envelope on the table after seeing what’s inside.

It was his picture in Bangladesh – in a liplock with Tiffany.