Chapter 12

One More Try

Sorry for not updating soon. Im really busy with work and cant find the time to write. I just sribbled this chapter during my break- therefore unedited. LOL. I'll try to update again this holiday season.. Hope you enjoy this one..

 

Chapter 12

 

After the meeting with the Kims , Krystal and Victoria went back to their office to deal with their other cases. The two became very busy and before they knew it it’s already late in the evening.  Both were surprised when Junho- Krystal’s husband arrived to pick her up.

“Vicky, should we just drop you home?” Krystal offered.

“It’s okay. I’ll just wait for Khun. Maybe he’s just stuck in traffic. I’ll be okay here.” Victoria politely refused.

“Alright, if you’re sure. But you should rest now.  Just relax while waiting for Khun.” Her friend again reminded.

“I will. Take care on the road, you two. “And the couple left.

Victoria tried calling her husband but his phone was just ringing. Thinking that he might be driving, she already packed her things and just waited for him.

“Baby, come on, Wake up, honey.” Khun gently whispered.

“Five more minutes, babe. It’s still early.” Victoria replied sleepily.

“Baby, it’s time to go home. It’s more comfortable to sleep in our bed” Khun uttered.

At the mention of the word “bed” Victoria opened her eyes meeting her husband’s very concerned face.

“Oh! Good morning honey.” She greeted a bit disoriented.

“It’s almost midnight baby. I’m so sorry for fetching you so late and for not calling. I had to attend to an emergency case and I left my phone in my office when I rushed to the operating room.” Khun sincerely apologized.

“It’s okay babe. Let’s head home now.” She replied with a smile and Khun assisted her as she stood up.

They were half way home when Victoria started pouting. Khun noticed it and immediately asked.

“Baby, are you okay? Care to tell me what’s wrong?”

“ Honey, do you remember Donghae?” Victoria replied.

“Lee Donghae?”  Khun confirmed and she just nodded.

“Of course. He’s a very persistent suitor of yours and didn’t even stop pursuing you even if he knew that we were together.” Khun added. “What about him?”

“He’s the representative of the Parks. We accidentally met earlier and he’s still as smug as before.” She uttered with annoyance.

“Well, just don’t mind him baby.  Prepare well for the case and I know you girls will win over him. My lovely wife is the best!” Khun cheered her up.

Victoria smiled at him and Khun reached out for her hands. She laced them together as he continues driving. But Vicky’s pout returned making Khun confused.

“Baby, tell me what’s wrong? Are you not feeling well? I’ll send you to the hospital.”  He asked again.

“Honey…hmmm... I have something to ask?” she replied.

“What is it baby?” he asked gently.

“Honey can you buy me green tea donuts and bagels. I’m really hungry babe. Please.” Victoria pleaded.

Khun took a sigh of relief and chuckled at his wife’s request.

“Okay. Let’s drop by a convenience store.”  And he fondly squeezed Victoria’s hands.

They parked as soon as they saw a convenience store. Victoria rushed inside and went to find the food she’s looking for as Khun just leisurely followed her.  She grabbed a box of donut, two bagels, cream cheese and two bottles of mocha frappuccino. Khun took the items from her and return one of the coffees as well.

“Honey, why did you return that?” Victoria asked.

“Pregnant woman are not advised to take coffee- so no coffee till you give birth.” Khun explained.

“But I’m craving for that. They said you should eat whatever you’re craving for.” She reasoned out.

“It’s not good for the baby. I’ll prepare your milk to pair with those donuts.” He replied adamantly.

With that Victoria didn’t insist but she was sulking on the way home. Khun told her to change first before eating. She was really brooding and she sat far away from him when she came back from taking a shower. Khun tried to appease her but she wouldn’t budge.

“Baby, here are your donuts. I cut the bagels as well. Here’s your milk.”

Victoria took a donut and ate it without thanking or even looking at Khun.She really wanted the coffee but she also knew that it’s not good for the baby. Maybe its hormones but she’s feeling really bad at the moment.

Khun also feels disheartened seeing her wife sulking but he need to be firm with his decision.  When he pulled Victoria closer to her, she didn’t react. He wrapped her arms around her, kiss her cheeks and then look straight in her eyes.

“Do you really want  the coffee, baby?”  Khun fondly asked.

Victoria just nodded. Khun reached for the frappuccino bottle and opened it. She waited eagerly for him to hand it to her. She was surprised when he took a big gulp of the coffee and then just smiled at her. She almost cried out of frustration but Khun gently took her by the shoulder and give her a soul shattering kiss. Victoria struggled for a second but when she tasted the coffee on her husband’s lips- she finally understood. She smiled and enjoyed the moment.

Both of them were panting when they came up for air.

“I’ll ask Dr. Kim if it’s possible for you to take decaf coffee.”  Khun affectionately told her as he her cheeks.

Victoria shook her head which confused her husband.

“You don’t want coffee anymore? “He verified.

“No. I still want my coffee.” Victoria countered.

“But you don’t want decaf? But baby, it’s really not good for our child.” Khun reasoned out.

“I know. But I want my coffee and you should give it to me.”  She replied decisively.

“ Baby..” he called out to her.

“I want my yummy, sweet, Khun flavored mocha frapuccino.” And she reached out and hand the bottle to him.

Khun met the sleazy glimmer in her wife’s eyes before taking another mouthful of the drink then swoop down to give her another fiery kiss.