Chapter 19

One More Try

As I promised, I will work on to finish this fic even if it takes a long time. I already dont have copy of the past chapters as my usb was corrupted, i changed laptop and all. I hope there will still be readers of this story. My apologies for the long wait.

 

 

Khun was flabbergasted with the picture Minho showed him. He cannot fathom how he will explain everything – especially to Victoria.

“It’s not what you think Minho. That was a dare on the sendoff party for our team before we leave Bangladesh. Tiffany was also a bit drunk that time. Nothing happened except that.” Khun defended his side.

“But how do you think Noona will take it? How will you even explain this, Hyung? Minho asked.

“I really don’t know. I know I was at fault, I should have been more careful. I should have walked away when I heard the dare. It just happened so fast.” Defatedly Khun replied.

“I’ll keep this between us Hyung. But you have to let Noona know of this before she heard or receive this picture somewhere. I will burn this but I know someone out there has a copy of this and that we have to find out who and what the motive is.” Minho advised.

“I’ll try to talk to Victoria after this. I’m just a bit scared that she might take it badly and affect the baby.” Khun answered.

Minho stood up and pats his back. “I know how you love Noona but she better hear about this. Explain and take the consequences even if it’s not entirely your fault. I’ll work hard to get to the bottom of everything that’s happening.”

As soon as Minho left Khun went inside the house to look for Victoria. He found her on the baby’s room- busy fiddling with the almost perfect room.

“Hi Honey, still not contented with the room?” Khun teased.

“No, I’m just excited. Oh! Khun. I can’t wait to hold our baby in my arms. “Victoria delightedly exclaimed.

“I am too, love. But also a bit nervous. I am a doctor but I don’t know if I’ll be a good father to our baby. It’s very different when you are talking about your own child.” He replied.

“We will work this out together, honey. I’m sure we will be fine.”

That evening after the couple had their dinner, they had time to watch movies before Victoria called in for bed. Now that she’s already on her 8th month she tends to get tired easily. Khun helped her prepare to bed but stayed in his study room as he needs to look into one of his patient’s records. After a few hours he went back to their room. He was in the middle of taking a shower when he heard Victoria scream. He made a mad dashed towards his wife and found her sitting on the bed crying.

“Khun! My baby. Our baby! Where’s my baby!” Victoria hysterically asked in tears as Khun wrapped her in his embrace.

“Honey, calm down. Our baby is fine- still sleeping in your tummy.” Khun replied with a smile. Calming his wife, he gently caressed her tummy.

“No! My baby! They took him. Someone took him!”

“Honey, honey, come on now. Calm down. Our baby is safe. Here, feel him. It’s just a dream. We’re all fine. “Khun pacify her. He kissed her temples not letting her go and slowly Victoria went back to sleep. Only then was he able to lay her down back to their bed but still worried. He’s trying to find a way to tell Victoria of the pictures but also scared of how she will take it.

It was a restless night for Khun but he was awake to go to his clinic. He let Victoria sleep and just took a quick breakfast before heading out. At around noon, Victoria woke up still feeling uneasy. Beka offered her lunch but she wasn’t able to finish it since she doesn’t have any appetite. The baby is also restless. - moving and kicking, making her wince frequently. She tried to drink some milk to calm the baby. After some time, she decided to take a warm shower, so she can go back to sleep. She tried calling Khun but stopped herself midway because she knew he is busy. She tried calling Sulli and glad to hear her on the other line.

“Unnie, hello” her sister greeted.

“Hello, Sulli-yah. How are you and the little one doing?” she asked.

“I’m okay, Unnie. Our baby is developing well. My cravings are always on the overdrive and my poor husband has to attend to my every wished.” Sulli replied with a chuckle.

“Tell it to me, honey. Been there, done that. Good thing it was only on my first trimester and Khun didn’t have to suffer much.” Victoria agreed.

“I still suffer morning sickness, Unnie. I mostly do business at home since I’m getting sick when travelling even if for a short time.

“Did your OB advised any medication? Though you’d better let it be. I’m sure you’ll get over it in a few months.”

“That’s what she said as well. I just sometimes feel so cooped up here at home.” Sulli whined.

“I’m sure you are love but hang in there. I’m almost in the home run now- two more weeks and we’re ready to pop. I won’t keep you long, my lovely sister. Come see me when you can, okay?” Victoria pacify her sister.

“I will Unnie, Take care of my niece or nephew. I’ll see you soon.” Sulli replied and both hang up the call with a smile.

It was already eleven in the evening when Khun arrived home and as expected the house is already quiet. He made his way to the bedroom expecting his wife already asleep, but she was not there. He checked the bathroom, but no one was there as well. He decided to check the nursery and he was surprised to see Victoria sitting on the rocking chair just staring blankly.

“Hey, honey. Are you okay?” He asked as he walked towards her. He dropped a kiss on her forehead and noticed a telltale tracks of tears on her cheeks.

“Love, is something wrong? Are you feeling any pain?” he asked in worry.

“Pack your bags and leave, Khun. Please for me and the baby.” Victoria uttered. Pain evident in her voice.

“Honey, what’s wrong. I can’t understand why you are asking me to leave.” Khun countered.

“ If you will not leave, then I will.” And she stood up and walked out of the room. Khun followed but Victoria is not saying anything.

“Vicky, please let’s talk. Its not good for you and the baby. Let me know what’s wrong.” He pleaded.

Victoria drag the suitcase she has prepared for her delivery and the small. She made her way out of the room but Khun stopped her. She pushed him away and made her way downstairs when she felt a shooting pain on her back. She doubled in pain and Khun rushed towards her. She tried to remove his hands holding her but fear gripped her heart when she felt blood flowing on her legs.