Chapter 13

One More Try

Hello guys..I'm really sorry for not updating for sooo long. Been very busy with work.Havent edited this chapter. I just wrote and post it immediately so as not to forget. I will try to edit it tomorrow.I hope my subbies are still here and leave some love....

Chapter 13

It’s the Sunday two weeks before Sulli and Minho’s wedding. The Songs called the couple for family dinner since they havent seen their children for so long. Victoria and Khun were busy with their career while Sulli and Minho were juggling between work and wedding preparation.  The elder Songs were already waiting when Khun and Victoria walked in.

“Mom, Dad” the couple greeted and kissed their parents. Khun assisted Victoria to her seat. She’s already five months pregnant and her bump is very much visible.

“Vicky, how are you, baby?” Mrs. Song asked.

“I’m okay, Mom. Just a bit tired but I’m good.” She replied while running her hands on her tummy.

“How’s our grandchild, Vicky? Have you checked if it’s a boy or a girl?” Mr.Song added.

“Not yet Daddy. Khun and I decided that we will not check. We want it to be a surprise.” Victoria answered.

“I hope it’s gonna be a baby boy.” Mr. Song mumbled.

Khun heard it and chuckled. “I hope so too, Dad.”

Just then Sulli and Minho walked in rushing.

“Sorry for making you wait, Mom, Dad. Unnie, Khun Oppa.” Sullin blabbered as Minho assisted her to her seat.

“Sorry,everyone. I was late in picking up Sulli. “Minho explained.

“It’s okay, Son. What’s important is that everyone’s here now.” Mr Song placated the couple.

The food was served after a few minutes. Victoria’s face lighten up upon seeing her favourite food. She immediately reached for it while Khun tried to assist her.

“Khun, she’s not picky with food?” Mrs Song asked as she watched her daughter eat with gusto.

“She eat anything, Mom. Before she was into lots of green tea flavoured food but now she eats everything.” He replied fondly.

“But is it advisable. I mean will she not have problem with giving birth.” Sulli added.

“Dr.Kim is monitoring her and she didn’t have anything against it. As long as she don’t eat too much sweet, then it’s okay.” Khun explained.

“Is the baby very active? “ Mr. Song asked this time.

“Guys, I’m the one carrying the baby, not my husband. Dad, our baby’s not that active yet but I can feel slight movement in my tummy. Maybe in a few more months.” Victoria interrupted the firing of questions to Khun.

“Are you okay,baby? Do you want anything else?” Khun asked as Victoria took a sip of water.

“Im okay, honey.” She replied and squeezed Khun’s hand. She then turned to Sulli. “ Hey , Sull, how’s our soon to be Mrs.Choi?

“Unnie, I’m getting stressed. Our wedding coordinator’s doing most of the work but I can’t help but worry. I don’t know how you made your wedding that perfect when you don’t even have any coordinator before.” Sulli whined.

“I just enjoyed every moment of preparing and Krystal was there to help me out. I’m really sorry that I can’t help you much, Sulli. The case I’m working on demands a lot of my time. “Victoria apologized.

“No, its okay, Unnie. With the baby and your work, I know it’s really hard for you too. I just hope our wedding will be successful as yours.” Sulli countered.

“I know it will be a lovely event Sulli. Just enjoy that day. I’m sure you’ll be very beautiful.” Vicky assured her.

“Honey, please don’t worry too much. From now on I’ll try to help you out.” Minho uttered

“Thank you, honey.” Sulli replied with a smile and kiss Minho’s cheeks.

“Hey, you two stop that. Mom and Dad’s here, you know.” Khun jokingly reprimanded the couple.

“Says the man who kept on feeding his wife.” Sulli rebuts which made Khun blushed. Victoria glared at Sulli but the younger girl just playfully stick her tongue out at her.The family laughed at her antics and they enjoy the meal while chatting.

The men were already having coffe while Victoria’s eating her favourite green tea donuts when her father asked.

“Vicky, you said you have a big case coming. How’s the preparation.”

“Yes, Dad. We’ve been preparing for months now. It’s the Kim and Parks case. We’ll represent the Kims.”Victoria replied.

‘Parks? You mean Dong Ju Park of Shea Chain Hotels?” Mrs Song confirmed.

‘Yes, Mommy. Why? Do you know them?” she asked.

“Vicky, we almost lost our business to them. Be careful in dealing with those people. They don’t play fair. They can pull dirty tricks, so just be very careful.” Mr Song uttered full of concern.

“Don’t worry, Dad. Krystal and I will work hard and always on our toes. Especially that Lee Donghae will represent the Parks.” Victoria added.

“Noona, just let me know if you need security. I’ll ask father to deploy men in your office.” Minho interjected.

“Not yet, Minho. I’ll let you know if we need one.” Victoria politely refused.

“Honey, I think it’s better if you will have additional security.” Mrs.Song tried to have her agree with the offer.

“Mom, we have enough security in the building. If I notice something fishy or anything I’ll call Khun or Minho. Don’t worry too much.” Victoria appeased her parents.

“Mom I always send her to her office and pick her up as well. Minho, thanks for the offer. I sure will call you if we think there’s a threat to Vicky or Krystal.” Khun added.

“See, guys I have my own handsome bodyguard. Let’s not worry tonight. We’re here to enjoy our family day.” She joked to lighten the atmosphere. With that her parents just let it rest and they let the night passed with discussion on Sulli and Minho’s upcoming wedding.

It was the first day of trial and Victoria and Krystal arrived early in the court. They were busy reading their prepared documents when Lee Donghae passed by.

“Good morning pretty ladies. Are you ready to be eaten alive in court?” Donghae uttered full of confidence.

“Vicky, suddenly the hall stinks. Smells like a skunk passed by.” Krystal retort in annoyance.

“I can definitely smell it too. Skunk or a dead rat? It just smells too bad.” Victoria added. “Let’s just get some fresh air then. I wanna puke.” And then both girl stood and walked out.

“I will make you two regret this.” Donghae furiously uttered.

The trial proceed that day. Victoria and Krystal successfully presented their case. They also provided all their documents to the court. Donghae tried to see loopholes in their evidences and the two tried to counter his side. The trial ended around five in the afternoon and the women walked out the hall both very exhausted. Krystal dropped Victoria in Khun’s office since she still doesn’t want to go home. Khun was doing his rounds when he received message from his wife that she’s waiting in his clinic. He finished checking all his patients then head to check on his wife.

Victoria was curled in the sofa sleeping soundly when Khun walked in. He doesn’t have the heart to wake her up but he knew that she will feel worst if she’ll sleep longer in that small couch. He gently lifted her bridal style but the motion woke up Victoria.

“Time to go home honey.” And Khun dropped a kiss on her forehead.

“Put me down, honey. I’m not that light anymore.” Victoria sweetly ordered but Khun just ignored her. He just let her down when she started pouting. He just kept his arms draped on her shoulders, keeping her tucked on his side as they made their way to the parking.

“Where do you want to eat, honey?” Khun asked as he started the car.

“I want sanggyumpsal and bibimbap.  Anywhere will do.” She replied

“Alright, whatever my baby wants then that’s what we’ll have.” He chanted making Victoria chuckled.

They were almost near their house after their dinner when Khun became too aware of a black car trailing after them. He already saw it when they drove out of the restaurant but he decided to ignore it. Now that they’re almost home and it’s still after them, it made him a bit anxious. As soon as they reached their place, he let Victoria in first, told her that he’ll just get something in the car and that he’ll be back immediately. He locked the door on his way out then checked outside. He noticed a figure walking back towards the parked black car. He run and blocked him from entering the vehicle.

“What are you doing here, Lee Donghae?” Khun asked with gritted teeth.