Chapter 6

One More Try

Annyeong Chinggus! wasnt able to finish this last weekend.Good thing I've got a some spare time and finished this in a jiffy. Next update might take a while but I'll hope you'll still wait..til next update =)

Chapter 6

Victoria almost lost her balance when she turned and saw him sitting comfortably on the couch near the bedroom’s window. He was wearing shorts and shirt and it seems like he’s been here for quite some time.

“Don’t let me disturb you honey, go and change your clothes.” Khun uttered as Victoria stared at him in shock.

Victoria got off from trance when she heard his comment. She stomped and head to the bathroom without saying anything. When she comes out after five minutes, Khun was still in his position.

“What are you doing here, Khun?” she snarled.

“Didn’t you call me, asking me to come home since Mom and Dad are here?” he answered

“Didn’t I tell you to forget about it? I already told them that you’re still in Bangladesh. “She replied.

“But all I can remember was you saying that I should come home. I just arrived yesterday, few hours before you called.” He explained.

Just then they heard a faint rapt on the door followed by her Mother’s voice.

“Khun, Vicky, can you both come out now for dinner. Just talk later, okay.” And they can hear her giggling.

Victoria sighed before she made a reply. “We’ll be out Mom.”

Khun stood up from his seat and walked towards his wife. He gently guided her out of the room and draped an arm on her shoulder. Victoria flinched but she immediately faked a smile when she saw her mother watching them.

“Awww...You really look good together.” Her mom squealed as they went to the dining room.

All throughout the dinner, Victoria was silent. She would only answer if questions were directed at her, offer smile if needed and nod to acknowledge what they’re saying. Khun and her father asked for coffee after dinner so they all head t the living room. She took a seat on the single sofa but Khun gently pulled her and let her sit beside him on the couch.

“Vicky, you’ve been very quiet. Are you okay?”  Her mother asked.

“I’m okay, Mom. Just a bit tired I guess.” She replied.

“We’re you surprise to see your husband in your room Vicky? He arrived just about an hour before you did.  He told us not to tell you about it.” Her father told her.

“Oh, yes I was surprised Dad. Very surprised. “And gently elbowed Khun who’s sitting very close to her.

“And since your husband’s here Vicky, we will all go to Jeju together. The ticket’s been booked for Khun as well.” Her mother informed her.

“But Mom, Khun needs to attend to his clinic. And he still hasn’t rest from the mission. He might want to just stay here.” She refutes.

“It’s okay honey. I already called the hospital and they gave me another two week off. I can rest in Jeju.Besides I want to spend time with you. I miss you when I was away. Didn’t you miss me?” Khun asked sweetly.

Victoria knew that Khun was just playing with her so she answered with a fake smile.

“Of course, I missed you, honey. “

“Aisshh, you two. You go and enjoy the rest of your night. I’m sure it’s gonna be a long one.”  Vicky’s dad ordered with a chuckle. Vicky growled at him but he just ignored her. Then Khun stood up and gently pulled her with him. He said good night to the elders while ushering Victoria towards their room.

Victoria sat on the bed as soon as Khun closed the door. He stood in front of her when he noticed her glaring at him.

“Why are you really here, Khun?” she asked in a stern voice.

“You said your parents wanted to see me so I came here.” He replied nonchalantly.

“But we already separated. I will have to tell them about our divorce on this trip and it’ll be easier if you didn’t show up. You ruin all my plans.” She replied exasperated.

“So you really decided to divorce me if you’re ready to tell your parents.” Khun asked.

“Isn’t that what you like? You left me and you already have another girl. I can’t understand why you suddenly show up.” Victoria snapped.

“I never mentioned anything about divorce. I said I’ll leave you so you can think things over. And let me say this again. I don’t have other girl. Tiffany is and will always be just a friend.” He sternly answered.

“Whatever, Khun. I feel so tired now. I’ll go to sleep on this bed and you take that couch.” And she walked out to head to her closet.

When she came back, she found him already sprawled on his side of the bed. Victoria stood near him and said.

“I told you to take the couch. I’m not going to sleep in that bed with you in it.”

“This is still my house and I refuse to sleep on that couch. We don’t have good accommodation in Bangladesh and I will really appreciate sleeping in comfy bed. If you can’t stand sleeping beside me then you take the couch.” He replied and even pulls the comforter around him.

Victoria sighed and moved to the other side of the bed. She carelessly climbed on the bed, made a pillow divider between them and lay on her side.

“Good night Victoria.” She heard Khun whispered. She just ignored him and just let sleep claim her.

Khun was awaken by the light breathing on his ears. When he opened his eyes, he saw Victoria snuggled o his side, her hand on his chest and sleeping soundly. God, he really missed her. He smiled when he noticed the pillows she placed between them the night before where all pushed down to their feet. He checked his watch and decided to wake up his wife.

“Victoria, honey, wake up. It’s already eight and we have scheduled fitting for Sulli’s wedding.

She gently opened her eyes and when she met his stare, she immediately rolled away from him. This triggered her nausea so she closed her eyes and let it pass.

“Baby, please bear with Mommy. No throwing up this morning please. I will tell Dad about you but I’m not ready yet, please baby.” She keeps on saying these on her head.

Khun decided to take a shower first so he get off the bed and head to the bathroom. This gave Victoria a chance to calm herself. When Khun came out, she took her turn and was ready in no time. He was waiting for her when she came out.

“Mom said we need to have your gown fitted before our flight. Let’s have breakfast first.” Khun told her.

“I can go there on my own. Don’t bother.” She replied.

“I need another coat anyway so I’ll come with you. Let’s not argue early this morning, please.” And he simply took her hand and ushered her out of the room.

They hurriedly took their breakfast, and were on their way to the dress shop by nine in the morning. Victoria was ushered to the fitting room as soon as they arrived. After taking her measurement, they showed her the gown Sulli chose for her. It was actually very lovely. It’s a lilac mermaid cut gown and it really suit her. The only problem is, two months from now, she realized that her baby bump might be obvious already. She asked the designer to change it to an empire cut dress telling her that she’s not comfortable with that cut. Khun who was just done with his fitting walked towards her and asked.

“What’s wrong, honey? That dress will really look good on you.”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell her, Sir. She’s got a nice S line so it’s only proper for her to wear something like this.” The designer replied with a smile.

“I’m really not comfortable in that style. I want this one.” She firmly told them.

“Okay, if that’s what you want. My wife looks lovely in anything anyway.” Khun uttered with a smile. The designer just nodded and advised them to come back a week before the wedding for final fitting.

As soon as they arrived at their house, they found Vic’s parents already packed and ready for the trip. Khun went up to their room to get their bags while Victoria packed foods so they can eat on their way to the airport.

On their way, Victoria keeps munching on the doughnuts that she packed. When she reached her 3rd month of pregnancy, she found herself on eating frenzy most of the time. Her mother noticed it and .

“Vicky, you’re eating doughnuts this early? Are you really that hungry?”

“Yes, Mom. I’ve been really hungry since we left from the designer’s place. “She replied.

“You should have told me so we could have passed by a drive thru. “ Khun interjected.

“No, it’s okay. I just want doughnuts.”  Victoria answered as she munched nonstop. Khun just chuckled as he watched his wife enjoying her food.

They arrived in Jeju at around eleven in the morning. They headed to the Song’s rest house just a few minutes away from the airport. Khun and Vic’s room will be on the second floor; this is the room that they usually occupy when they’re here while their parents will stay in the master’s bedroom on the ground floor. Khun left Victoria as she unpacked so he can get some snacks downstairs. Much to his surprise, Vicky was already dozing off when he came back after just about fifteen minutes. He gently wakes her up but she dismissed him so he just let her be. Khun decided to just went to the room’s balcony to read some books and check his mails.

Victoria was awaken when she heard a knock on the door. She then realized where she is and then made her way to open the door. The sudden movement she made triggered her nausea. Instead of going to the door, she runs towards the bathroom. Khun who heard the thumping rushed towards the room and noticed the bathroom door ajar. There he saw his wife slumped down on the floor, holding tightly on the bowl as she throws up. He moved next to her and gently rubbed her back.

“Are you okay, honey?” Khun asked.

“Maybe the doughnuts made a ruckus on my tummy. I’m just going to lie down again.” Vic replied as soon as she was able to rinse and Khun helped her to stand up.

When they reached the bed, Khun eyed her suspiciously. He sat beside her and her hair.

“Are you sure you’re alright? Do you need anything? He asked.

“Yes, Iam. I’ll just rest for a bit. You go ahead if you want to go to the beach.” She replied and closed her eyes.

“Victoria, do you have something to tell me? “  Khun asked calmly.

“What? I don’t know what you’re talking about?” she asked back.

“Are you sure or you’re just pretending?’  He asked again.

“What do I need to tell you? You’re talking in riddles.”  Victoria snarled at him.

“Damn it, Victoria, why can’t you just tell me? You’re pregnant. Am I correct?” Khun frustrated snapped at her.

Victoria sat up hurriedly making her feel so dizzy. She then lay down again and she groaningly replied at Khun.

“So what if I ‘am? That doesn’t change anything.  Now, go before I lose my meal again. “Then she pulled the quilt over herself groaning as she felt her world spin around her. Khun’s world was also spinning- too surprised and happy to hear Victoria’s admission.