Chapter 14

One More Try

I know its been ages since my last update.. anyhow, hope my subbies are still here. Work is keeeping me really busy. I'll try to find time to post an update soon. Let me know how's the storyuy so far.Comments and send me some love..

p.s. this is unedited and im doing this during my break..lol..for any grammar or typo error.. sorry!

Chapter 14

“What are you doing here, Lee Donghae?” Khun asked with gritted teeth.

“The almighty Nichkhun Horverjkul! “ Donghae sneered.

“Are you trailing us Donghae? Are you after my wife?” Khun confirmed.

“Huh! What made you think of that Mr.Horvejkul? My parents live in the next street. Just so happen that I was driving behind you. Don’t be too paranoid. “Donghae retort.

“Im telling you Donghae, try hurting or even just scaring my wife and I’ll hunt you down. “ Khun uttered with conviction.

“Who do you think you are to threaten me? Tsk! I can sue you for harassment and grave threat... Be careful Nichkhun.” Donghae retaliate and walked back to his car.

Khun watched him drove off and only when he’s sure that the lawyer was far away that he head back to their home. Seeing that the living room is deserted, he went straight to their bedroom. Victoria was already dressed in her favorite sleeping attire and brushing her hair.

“Honey, what took you so long outside? Is there something wrong?”Victoria asked.

“Oh, it’s nothing, baby. I just checked the car.  I’ll take a shower first, okay.”  Khun replied with a smile. Victoria nodded so he made his way to the shower.

After about ten minutes, he came back to their room and found his wife already dozing off. The blanket discarded by her feet and she was sprawled in the middle of their bed. He gently climbed in the bed and lay beside her. He gently moved her, tucking her by his side. He then reached for the blanket; cover them both the turn off the lights.

Two weeks passed by and its now Sulli and Minho’s wedding.. The Horvejkul couple has already checked in at Seoul Regency a day before. Khun just stepped out of their room for a bit to assist Minho and left Victoria who was already dressing up. Just as he walked in back to their room, he heard his wife sniffing. He rushed to her side full of worry.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Are you not feeling well? Is the baby okay? Come on, I’ll bring you to the hospital.”

“My shoe.. I can’t strap...my shoes...” Victoria muttered in between sobs.

“What baby? Cramps? Come on, hold on to me. I’ll bring you to the hospital.” And he drapped his arms around to carry her.

“,Khun your not listening.” She burst out even more. She walked past him and sat on the bed. Khun run after her and said.

“Baby, let’s see Dr. Kim so she can give you advice. Are your feet still aching?”

“I said straps, Khun. My shoe straps! I was trying to put on my shoes but I’m having a hard time doing so. MY tummy gets in the way.” Victoria snarled just as fresh tears started falling down again.

“Sorry, baby, sorry if I didn’t hear you correctly.” And he pulled her to his embrace. “I’ll do it for you. Okay.” And he looked for her shoes. The pair of silver strappy sandals was sitting idly in the corner of the dresser. Khun picked it up and made his way back to Victoria. He gently kneeled in front of her and put the sandals on her feet. As soon as he’s done he sat beside her and kissed her temple.

“You should not fret on things like this baby. You could have waited for me. You know I’ll do anything for you.” Khun told her.

“But it’s just shoes, Khun. I never needed assistance in putting on my shoes. Guess, I’m so useless and ugly now. Look, my fingers are starting to swell. My old clothes wouldn’t fit me anymore. “Victoria ranted.

“Honey, listen to me. You are still very beautiful. You are not useless and these changes in your body are normal. I will be here to help you, if I need to cut your toenails, put your nail polish, anything baby. We’re in this together. “Khun tried to appease her. He wiped her tears away and dropped a chase kiss on her lips.

“I love you, honey. Sorry for being so emotional. Guess it’s just hormones.” Victoria uttered with a smile.

“I love you more, Vicky. I love you and our baby. It’s so seldom for me to see you cry so I panicked. Just let me know if you need any help next time, okay.” Khun replied.

“I will honey. I’ll just continue doing my make up then. Sulli might need me with her now.”  And she walked back to the dresser to finish her makeup. Khun waited for her and together they went out after- Victoria heading to Sulli’s dressing room while Khun towards Minho’s.

Sulli and Minho’s wedding was a success. It was a real celebration of love- the young couple were best friends since grade school and their families were really close. Sulli is very gorgeous with her off white full lace wedding gown. Her hour glass figure was very evident with the gowns fit and flare cut. She’s every man’s dream bride. Beautiful, intelligent and of good character. Minho stood proud and waits for her patiently by  the altar.

Sulli's Gown

mainimage

http://www.allurebridals.com/products/style9104

Victoria who stood as the bride’s matron of honor was very beautiful. She wore a lilac chiffon dress that complements her perfectly even if her baby bump is now very obvious. Khun is very handsome with his formal suit. They were a perfect couple just like the newlyweds and people were eyeing them with envy for having each other.

Victoria's dress

Lilac Bridesmaid Dress - Bridesmaid Dresses / Long Bridesmaid Dress / One-shoulder Bridesmaid Dress / Lilac Prom Dress / Wedding Party Dress

https://www.etsy.com/listing/167202852/lilac-bridesmaid-dress-bridesmaid

It was another work day for Krystal. It’s now normal for her to come in earlier than Victoria since the latter became pregnant. She headed straight to her office and began sorting mails on her table. She asked her secretary to get her and Vicky some sandwich. She noticed a small box on top of the table address to Victoria and her. Krystal decided to open it and shrieked when she saw what’s inside the box.

Khun was driving to drop his wife to the office when his phone rings. Victoria was dozing on the passenger seat so he answered the phone thru his headset.

“Hi Krystal. We’re almost there. Sorry we’re running a bit late.” Khun greeted immediately but careful not to speak to loud to wake up his wife.

Hi Khun. It’s okay. But can I meet you up soon. It’s really urgent and please don’t tell Vicky. Just drop her off and meet me in Café Rio. “Kystal replied.

“Oh, ok. Give us ten minutes. I’ll wait for you in Café Rio. “Khun wondered but agreed to his wife’s partner.

Khun wake up Victoria when they reached the building.  

“Baby, we’re here. “He whispered.

Victoria pried her eyes opened smiled at him apologetically. “Sorry, honey. I’m really sleepy most of the time.”

“It’s okay. Do you want me to come up with you to your office?” Khun asked as he noticed that she is still a bit daze from sleep.

“No. I’m going now, honey. I’ll see you later. Careful on the road.” And she dropped a quick kiss on his lips.

“See you later baby. You take good care of yourself and our baby.” He replied and watch as Victoria walk towards the building. Khun then drove towards Café Rio and waited for Krystal’s arrival.

Krystal walk in with a no nonsense expression. She walked towards his table and took a seat in front of Khun.

“Hi Khun. “ Krystal greeted with a sigh.

“Hi Kris. Don’t scare me with that sigh. What is this about? “Khun asked.

“I receive this box this morning. It was addressed to me and Vicky so I open it. Good thing it was me who opened it or I don’t know... Just check it for yourself.” Krystal answered worriedly.

Khun blurted a curse as soon as he saw what’s inside.

Victoria’s picture splattered with blood.

“What are we going to do Khun? Could it be related to the case were dealing with?” Krystal uttered.

“ Probably. Krys, thank you for calling me immediately and  letting Victoria out of this. I’ll call Minho to ask for you and Victoria’s added security. I know he’s still in honeymoon with Sulli but I know he’ll understand.” Khun replied with worry very evident on his face.

“I’m fine Khun. It’s Vicky that I’m worried about that’s why I called you immediately. I hope we can find out who’s behind this soonest.” 

“I hope so too. Just a little favor , if it’s possible, be with Vicky always. Don’t let her go alone. I’m scared that something untoward will happen when she’s by herself.” Khun added.

“I will Khun. “ Krystal confirmed. “I’ll go back to the office now. Just let me know if we have any lead okay.”

“Yes Krys. And don’t forget to tell your husband about this incident. He’ll worry but it’s better if he’ll know about it.” Khun mentioned. Krystal nodded and made her way back to the office.

Khun stayed in the café for a bit as he called Minho. Minho assured him that he’ll send someone over as soon as possible. Khun took a sigh and then made his way to the hospital for his patient’s schedule.